Have you ever bought something because you saw it in a game?

Have you ever bought something because you saw it in a game?

Attached: p900.jpg (400x344, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4ko9Ogh75o
youtube.com/watch?v=IJOJlUGWqu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bought a game because it had the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen, does that count?

Attached: raijin 19480146.jpg (579x732, 191K)

Yes.

I bought J.F Rey eyewear™ after seeing my favourite character Ocelot wear it

Attached: mgs5-pc-2.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

i bought a subway sandwhich because of nathan drake

No but I tried to make an ocarina after I played oot

Speaking of MGS, I'm curious to know what Calorie Mate tastes like but haven't found any.

>i bought a subway sandwhich
I'm so sorry.

He should have bought donuts.

i miss donut drake

Sort of like shortbread but less rich.

i bought a kid after unteralterbach

it just looks like a chocolate bourbon
I doubt it's a great a nutrition snack as they say

i wanted the seiko but after i saw the super inflated prices i gave up

Attached: BM8wn5rCYAAmyIs.jpg (599x400, 32K)

MGS is supposed to take place in 2014, but everyone is using a flip phone

Attached: Sony Ericsson.jpg (937x616, 105K)

You can order them on Amazon. Even shipping from Japan it only takes a couple weeks.
They're good, but kinda expensive. Like a shortbread cookie. Very dry and thirst provoking.

Reminded me I needed some.

Attached: CWJCuR0WwAAhfIa.jpg (640x360, 50K)

also 2007-era macs

This can't be real

flip phones are still massive in japan.

it's a calorie dense brick of processed garbage. The only ones that are good are the sweet varieties. Stuff like the cheese flavour and meat flavours are absolutely terrible. You can find them on amazon if you really want to try them but they're a standard MRE item when unbranded. Most eastern european and general asian countries offer vanilla or choclate squares that have like 400 calories in them.

Habeeb it

Attached: alan-wake-energizer.jpg (582x330, 25K)

those are some giant batteries
what game

Attached: Cu8SVTVWcAA7DZJ.jpg (1200x678, 141K)

what's the name of the model, pretty sure in game model isn't metallic

Yes actually

Attached: 10DF182C-9C11-4A05-A303-D110E7776E1E.jpg (900x675, 118K)

YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH

Attached: kfc2.jpg (560x354, 44K)

That thing was a piece of shit even by those days standards.

Japan still uses and loves flip phones though. Samsung W2019.

Attached: VIP_02.jpg (1440x762, 164K)

AGAM601

it's got a few different styles

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Because they tend to use their phones as phones rather than tablets.

Somethin' dawned on me when I was on my own: any food you make tastes better when you use good ingredients, right? Then, if you take something already delicious like Cup Noodles and add in the finest, freshest ingredients, what do you get? The ultimate flavor experience!

So I ask you, user: what's your favorite ingredient?

Attached: gladio.jpg (714x786, 122K)

Nah. I'm not manipulated by product placement.

You are, you just don't realise it.

That was some pixels and polygons, not a woman.

That phone looks pretty stylish tbqh

With a cup noodle you're better adding your own spice mix and proper protein/vegetables

You're also probably better just making noodles than getting a cup noodle

What a weird thing to hang on to.

It's a representation yes

Nah.

they are a people that dont adapt to new technology very readily

they still use fax for lots of official things. And cash instead of cards

Yes, you may not stand up right away and march to macdonalds to get a burger but you are swayed by product placement.

>polygons
3DPD, my man.

I understand it just fine, fuck touch screens. You cannot beat physical buttons for everyday use.

Attached: 1528467948639.png (500x475, 123K)

Not in vidya at least. But yeah maybe in other media. Mostly becausd most games I play dont have it.

Huh. And I would have thought physical currency in Japan would be rarely seen.

To be fair they are the most aesthetic style of phone.

I actually did this with cut up pieces of beef, it was pretty good, but I kinda wanted more out of it, and I couldn't get it right

Well what does touchscreen phones that can do shit like play games and act as a media center accomplish?
You have a phone to call people, maybe even do emails and take photos.
That's all a phone needs to be, and what flip phones can do.

Same goes for fax, it's a quick way to get a document somewhere and ensure it got there.
Emails are easily missed or not read.
Post can go missing or be disregarded and takes a long time.

>Bought his overpriced headphones
>Uncomfortable for extended wear
>Terrible sound leakage
>Absolutely no bass, treble only

Attached: p3mc.jpg (540x600, 84K)

A crummy donut, he should have brought a pail of water

I've only had the chocolate kind.
The chocolate taste is a little vague, but good.
It's very dry and crumbly, I recommend having some water at the ready when you eat it.

You couldn't be more wrong about this yet stated it like fact. This means you probably speak in ignorance habitually.

i want to buy one of these bad boys at some point

Attached: altyn.jpg (1002x1002, 37K)

Not really

There's android flip phones now too so it's not like the experience is completely different to the latest Apple tracking device.

I lean towards Vlasic pickles because of Pikmin
I also bought some pepsi after the AVGN Pepsiman episode

Attached: download.jpg (262x192, 20K)

I had most of them and the only one that was unbearable was the cheese one

Attached: DSC_0051.jpg (3840x2160, 3.12M)

I actually have difficulty going back and rewatching pre super dragon ball and seeing this advanced Sci fi world where absolutely nobody has a mobile phone.

I think you mean maple

What other flavours did you try?

I actually really like when a show or game only uses decades old tech on purpose, bonus points if it affects the story too.

Steins;Gate is the reason why I forced myself to acquire a taste for Dr Pepper

Attached: 1447030316117.jpg (1600x900, 209K)

couldn't be further from the truth

White - Plain
Black - Cheese
Green - Fruit
Pink - Maple
Red - Chocolate
I've also had the Coco drink they do
Nah, the cheese smelled and tasted rancid

Which one did you like the most?

No. Weird though, because seems like I would have.

>drink something you don't like until you like it because of a visual novel

Attached: 1542006728325.jpg (320x320, 30K)

It was made by a Japanese, they are still using those cellphones in 2019. I live in Tokyo, I see them every day.

Yeah, a gym membership. Wanted to be semi buff when cosplaying this guy.

Attached: SigmaOfficialArt.png (495x1641, 750K)

Cringe, but based.

I voted Obama because I saw a banner on Burnout.

The fruit. Easily

As someone else said they are just like small Scottish shortbread. They are very dry.
But the fruit had lots of taste to it

Attached: shortbread-post.jpg (650x366, 271K)

>What a weird thing to hang on to.
How so?
Flips > these portable fucking glass monitors we have today.

Would sell a kidney to get a new flip phone, with modern specs, roughly the size and form of the old Nokia 6260 or N93i

Attached: nokia 6260 twisted.jpg (615x461, 37K)

I've had all of them besides the plain one. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the cheese flavor. It does smell like shitty cheap nacho cheese but the taste isn't actually bad. Fruit is probably my favorite because it has little bits of orange or something in it. Chocolate is good too, and even the maple is alright since it has nuts in it at least. I imagine plain is probably really bland.

It's as good of a reason as any.

They switched the in-game version to a massively inferior new watch that Seiko designed to try and get some money, instead of keeping the in-period watch that would've forced them to do a re-release or something.

It's a shame, I love that original watch model.

>Advent Children was 14 years ago

Someone explain me why I am still here in my 30s, unmarried, with low income and shitty career, please?

I'm still here too brother, but engaged with a decent income and some career prospects. None of this kicked in until a few years ago, you're gonna make it bro, probably before FF7R is finished.

Because you haven't actually tried. If you did, you'd have at least one or two of those things.

Absolute cope. Have fun with your soulless black obelisk that does nothing but eat away at your life with prepacked American (((entertainment))). Or you could say fuck that shit and be a flip chad

Blown the fuck out

What's the problem with Subway?

it tastes like the crust of a fudge pop tart

>LE FLIP PHONES ARE GOOD CUZ JAPAN

wow it's like i'm really on /g/

touchscreen typing has been a thing for over a decade now, if you can't type 180wpm on a touchscreen either you're disabled or a boomer

my fingers are too fat and stubby

Just make yourself a fucking sandwich. I understand pizza, a burger, or fucking whatever greased shit, but a fresh sandwich? It takes 5 minutes.

Yes
also MGS
I get lots of compliments on the jacket, which is surreal.

Attached: 20190404_173424.jpg (4032x1960, 2.08M)

Why didn't your phone's autocorrect capitalize "i'm"?

>or a boomer
Correct. I'd kill a man for another HTC Desire Z style flipout keyboard. Also the spring loaded phones in The Matrix are still without a doubt the most based phones aesthetically, and I even bought a case for my Nokia 5110 that emulated it.

Attached: htcdesirezi2.jpg (570x427, 38K)

And a buncha ingredients you don't have

>spending that much on gay top and some cap guns
>still has a fucking vizo

WALMART PRIORITIES BABY

because i'm typing on my physical PC keyboard, touchlet

if i was touch typing, this post would look much better at half the time

Nah I'm good. It's only $5 for a footlong! What a great deal.

>buy 500 dollar phone today
>breaks if it falls off your bed
>buy 40 dollar phone back in the day
>throw it at the wall watch it go through drywall and then take it out and proceed to call home depot to place an order for a sheet of drywall

Attached: 208650_20190101130128_1.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

I bought a P250 in .40 because it's my favorite pistol in CSGO
That's the only time I can think of that I was sold on a product I used in vidya

Attached: 1558170806923.png (1920x1440, 2.03M)

Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 or W2019. No Japan doesn't make modern spec flip phones. The last one they made was the Sharp 007SH which I used to have.

You're welcome.

Omg goy! But what about your $2.99 coke! And your $1.99 chips! And don’t forget to pay your taxes, goyim!!

The clothes were a good meme, the guns are just cheap replicas so I could learn gunspinning, and the TV was like 89 bucks at Walmart.
So, sure, I guess

I always just assumed it was like those wafers my mom ate because they were poverty food and she grew up on a farm with a dozen siblings

Attached: chocolate-strawberry-vanilla-wafer-cookies.png (352x244, 138K)

Who doesn’t have fresh iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and turkey readily available? Are you american?

It's just weird that while the rest of the world completely abandoned the flip phone design, it maintained a following somewhere. It's also weird that a country that is often regarded as very tech obsessed, they held onto a design the rest of the world would see as dated.

They can like whatever they like, it just seems so peculiar.

What an awful phone design

Try using your shift key and some punctuation then. Also touch typing isn't typing on a touchscreen zoomer.

I bought a skateboard and DC shoes because of Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

flip phones>smart phones

if I could I'd go back in a heartbeat

Wafer cookies are poverty food? What brand? Off brand choco chips always were cheaper compared to the wafers
at least they were in college

>Mid early 00s
>Get first cellphone
>It's a flip phone from Boost Mobile
>Has this cool ass walkie-talkie feature
>Fast forward to 2016
>Every phone is a flat piece of glass
>No walkie talkie on them

I wanna go back.

You say this but you could just buy a flip phone and use it, or just activate an old one you dumb fuck

Same. I miss buying a good flip for like $50 and have about a $30 a month plan. Costs about $300 for a low end smartphone these days and the plans are like $100 a month, what a fucking racket

WHERE YOU AT? THE WHOLE CITY BEHIND US

youtube.com/watch?v=I4ko9Ogh75o

Everyone saying they prefer flip phones is baiting right?

I can tell you that typing japanese on a flip phone is infinitely easier and faster than on a touchscreen. Even the keyboard layout on smartphones still mimic flip phones

I'd say it's more likely they've got their rose coloured glasses on.

Your mistake was buying a replica when those headphones exist irl made by actual professionals. I saw a pair at a local department store the other day.

I bought a USP compact 9mm because I loved how it looked in MGS2

Not me. This phone was an absolute unit.

Attached: resizep1240211t.jpg (600x450, 66K)

No. Because of smart phones everyone is jut on facebook and snapchat and shit all day long, even when driving or supposed to be working. It's literally degrading society, also they are overpriced as fuck and you are expected to get one now because flip phones are barely around for anyone poor, you either pay like $800 at once or go get a plan for like $100 a month for 2 years and by that time your phone is shitting out on you so you have to do it all again

just nostalgia from people who don't put their money where their mouth is and go use one right now because they know it's worse.

They're shit, the modern smartphone is the absolute most efficient fucking format a phone could be to maximize usefulness, that's why we landed on it.

Attached: 1536419245_1515997389771.jpg (300x345, 49K)

>replica
The ones I have and complained about are Audio Technika ATH-EM7s, what are you talking about?

Attached: ATH-EM7.jpg (556x313, 41K)

You know that there are smart flip phones right?

>have a flip phone
>have been using it for years
>see almost zero reason to use a smartphone
>will probably get a new flip phone when this one dies
What does a smart phone offer? GPS and Google? I'm not interested in turning my phone into a shitty gaming platform, which is the main reason people use their smartphones. I already got a tablet for that and I'm certainly not going to use my phone like that.

Of course they don't.
They're comparing a 2004 moto razr and pebl to an S9.

and they're not a more efficient format?

You're either sacrificing screen size or making it larger than it needs to be for no tangible gain.

Attached: coono.jpg (626x625, 112K)

>they held onto a design the rest of the world would see as dated.
I don't see it as "dated" at all.
It's just that after 2007, literally everyone started copying iPhone, resulting a gradual growth of mobiles' size after two decades of them shrinking and getting more varied.
Nowadays it is next to impossible to tell which phone is which or by whom, without checking the label on the price tag.

Attached: nokia_n93.jpg (350x531, 34K)

I only use my phone for calling relatives and work, maybe once every six months texting said relatives. There's literally no benefit to owning a smartphone for me but it sure the hell costs more.

They all look the same now because they're all screen, they're literally as small as you can make them for a given screen size now. This is like, what we've dreamed of with a phone since the 90s, it's basically sci-fi, but you're not happy?

I don't get it man.

Attached: galaxy-s10-home-screen-blank[1].jpg_itok=ufnugHMY.jpg (1600x1200, 227K)

>it’s the drug dealers fault that the druggie has no self control!
Imagine being this retarded in current year

It depends. There are dual screen flip phones, flip phones that can rotate screens, flip phones can use the keypad as a mouse tracker. They are pretty efficient in their own ways. For me, flipping your phone one handed is just cool as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJOJlUGWqu8

Is it as flaky as shortbread? Considering they're meant to be calorie dense and serve the same purpose as those served in MREs, it seems weird to make it drop crumbs and lose those calories.

They’d be happy if it was some underground cyberpunk niche thing. Yea Forums is the biggest hipster hell hole on earth

that thing is fucking massive for the screen size jesus.

Alright then flipfags, how do you feel about this concept?

It's futuristic, it's a new design, it flips. I'm sure you hate it because you didn't own one when you were 12 but still.

Attached: CGmFQfe62Li6XE5z6EGox6-1200-80[1].jpg (1200x674, 72K)

They are very crumbly. But they are not MREs. They're not meant to be used by the military. They're meant for overworked Japanese salarymen who literally have no extra time and need to cram in as many calories as possible to not pass out on the train home. And for fat Japanese girls to eat at lunch instead of 3 bowls of rice.

Looks flimsy

Hate it. No physical keypad and doesn't have the cool one handed flip function.

>Imagine being this retarded in current year
I don't have to imagine I can see the retardation of your post. Learn to read, I said flip phones are barely around anymore. You options are kind of limited these days

I prefer flipphones because of the physical keypad. Of course a slightly different smartphone with a folding gimmick isn't interesting. And no, putting a digital keypad on the thing doesn't suddenly make it better.

It's a 3D screen so probably that's why it's a bit small. Yes you heard that right, a 3D screen.

Attached: 08.jpg (511x486, 82K)

MREs aren't exclusive to the military, they're also used in disaster situations and handed out by relief organizations to give refugees and the like a satiable meal that also meets their caloric needs. Every one of them varies a lot, but a common staple item is a calorically dense bar (sometimes shortbread, chocolate or fudge, etc.). They both serve the same purpose: high number of calories, easy to eat, and quick to eat. That's literally why they're in MGS to begin with.

>Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 or W2019
Fuck that trash. They completely miss the main point I mentioned: the handy size.
Those uggos are literally two normal-sized touch-screen phones slapped together. They should be at least half smaller.

I bought a pair of shoes that looked like Sonic's on my 13th birthday

>I'm sure you hate it because you didn't own one when you were 12 but still.
kys.
Those things are humongous.
I want my phones to be SMALL again.
As in, fit in my hand, fit in my pocket, and not break its glass if I sneeze towards it.

>waaah waah muh flip phones muh brick cell phones muh rotary phones muh telegrams

Attached: 17wmt-articleLarge-v2.jpg (600x582, 15K)

>Doesn't have a retractable aerial
Get a load of this pleb

Attached: 1420368813336.gif (640x360, 439K)

How can you even type if you can’t read or understand what you or I said? You stated that it’s smartphones fault and the people that sell them are making society degrade. It’s the fault of the people that let a phone take over their life. Come on bruh

>durr it flips so it good

people like flip phones because they are small, cheap and have physical keypads. I don't see any of that shit in that phone.

Why, yes I have.

Attached: Top-10-Reasons-Prostitution-Should-Be-Illegal-e1438062109813.jpg (700x502, 43K)

Fucking retard. I use my flip phone for calling and writing emails, on the occasion an essay if I’m out and about. If I want to call someone, I flip and press one button. On a smart phone, I gotta unlock the screen, type some stupid passcode, swipe to the proper screen with the app, open it, wait for it to load, and then I can use the damn thing. What a load of shit. My wpm is higher with a physical keyboard too. Fuck your gay phone
This

>I gotta unlock the screen, type some stupid passcode, swipe to the proper screen with the app, open it, wait for it to load,
Do you have to try to be this stupid or does it come this natirally to you? Seriously, why pretend to have an argument if you were just planning on acting like a retard?

Is there another way to call someone on a smartphone, faggot? Please, enlighten me, enlighten all of us, you’d be using your fagphone for something useful for once

Soap shoes.
Broke a leg but worth it.

>"Look at this phone that when review copies were sent out every single one broke because the centerfold was flimsy as hell, stop being nostagliafags!!!"

Attached: 725dd774-9ad9-40b9-80e3-5b8aba99e272.png (402x904, 387K)

They are cheap thanks to Russia.

>Saw some in a skating shop one time when I was way already too fucking old for that kind of nonsense
>Massive SA2fag
>gf literally threatened to leave me if I bought them because she knew I'd break my neck
I seethed for the rest of the day but I 100% would have put myself into a grave trying to be Sonic.

touch screens just aren't as nice as buttons

Cuck. She’s going to leave you anyways. What a fag you are. Should put a stupid bitch in her place

Welcome to planned obsolescence.
Want a new phone? Here a phone with no bezels, made out plastic and glued together in a way you cant disassemble it manually and cant remove the battery but in a drop it would fall apart.

So far the only 2 people making decent phones are Nokia and Motorola.

rolling around at the speed of sound is more important than coochie, user

>Everyone saying they prefer flip phones is baiting right?
nah, just the usual Yea Forums no-hopers who peaked in high school and have accomplished jack shit since

This was over a decade ago, I left her a few months later because I was relocating and couldn't be fucked with long distance.

1. You don't need a screen unlock.
2. You don't need a passcode.
3. You don't need to swipe to anything.
4. You don't need to wait for it to load.
5. You're one REAL dumb fucking jackass, which would aptly explain why you appear to have a learning disability. Pride in ignorance isn't cute, it isn't wise, and it isn't funny. It's just sad and pitiful.

No, they actually were better and more durable.

Buying a prostitute?

Its a shitty one because the screen literally destroys itself.
The screen has a plastic layer that falls off with use, you can even remove it with one finger and it will destroy the screen.

>What does a smart phone offer?
a nice camera, and you can use the internet on it. so that's like 99.99999999% of the earth's population generally accounted for

like ok you can't run desktop steam or desktop microsoft office, but people who need that can buy and use a desktop machine instead (steam) or use the machine they're sat in front of for 8 hours a day at the office (office)

I liked how I looked cool opening my flip phone with only one hand.

>awkward mish-mash of t9 controls and touchscreen controls
i can see the attraction but i dont think reality would match fantasy. especially because phone reviewers are without a doubt the brainwormiest bunch of tasteless retards on the planet

>(awkward whining nasal voice) it doesn't FEEL premium!! the design is dated!!
>ah, the black rectangle, beautiful. and big numbers, excellent excellent.
>camera number good, battery number good, phone kindly provided by our sponsor is very good you should buy one

Alan Wake. It's actually a great game and was one of the reasons to own an Xbox 360 for the longest time. Now it's no longer an exclusive.

Attached: gameplay right after this commerical break.png (3591x1915, 1.94M)

>nice camera
Not really, not without spending a lot of money on a phone with a good one.

>you can use the internet on it
Outside GPS and maybe Googling a price or address, I don't see a point. I don't need to view Youtube videos or some random website on the bus.

takeout

Attached: takeout.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

You can always get the poverty version

Attached: men-s-casio-world-time-digital-watch-ae1200wh-1a-12.jpg (726x726, 54K)

>a good one
just about every phone you can buy these days has a camera ranging from 'good enough' to 'good'. even shit you can walk into a supermarket and buy with groceries money. like yeah ok they're not big-ass dslr standard, yet, but in that case you buy a dedicated autism-box

>i don't see a point
look at it another way: if you can look at it in Chrome on a desktop pc you can do the exact same on the black rectangle in your hand. so for most people that's, well, youtube, social media, the occasional news thing, you get the picture

I have that but in silver, it's cool as fuck. Literally got it cause it was the closest thing to get. Feels good man.

Attached: JPEG_20190518_122917.jpg (3264x2448, 1.58M)