TF2/Valve Complaint Thread

>Ignoring a massive, loving community and letting a game with so much potential stagnate all so you can work on shitty VR games nobody will play
>Going home and believing that you're actually a respected developer

Valve is more dead to me than TF2 will ever be.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

The game is 12 years old by now, let it go already gramps

They're too busy with successful projects like Artifact.

TF2 is honestly great. My issue is more that Valve hasn't made HL3.

i dont even care about hl3 anymore i just want valve to make games again
new ip whatever

I think an easy way to get people to stop bitching about crits is to just remove them off of ranged weapons so that people can stop complaining about random soldier rockets one shotting people but I can still feel the amazing feeling of crit killing a sniper with the pan

Valve will never be good until all of its senior staff retire.

What a coincidence, it's the same age as you!

>After 12 years retards still don't understand the purpose of critical damage in TF2

My fucking side

I think Valve wanted TF2 to be more like CS, CS popularity is tied to major content updates, people played 1.6 for years for example. The problem is Valve didn't start this way with TF2, they made it with continuous updates in mind but have since changed their mind. there was no real deliberate effort to leave TF2 in a well off state of balance and features, it has longevity for sure regardless but it does feel like the game is dying a very slow death.

I actually think TF2 is in a pretty good spot right now. What they really need to do is fix matchmaking (add Arena back to at least the alternative gamemodes, and remove Turbine from Competitive already), fix some of the bigger balance issues (make the Sandman and Ambassador useful again, for example), and at least release some sort of major update. At this point I'm worried the next update is going to be Scream Fortress 2019

Attached: 1543877345762.jpg (500x258, 44K)

>V-V-V-VALE PLZ GIB TF2 MORE LOVE
>tf2 Voice actors are all literally dying and losing their voice
>Scout VA is probably the only living one that still has his voice
>Soldier VA is knee deep in a hole
>TF2 has a devteam of 2, from other devs leaving by choice
>Pcbros will defend this

The game is incredibly malleable and there's still SOOO much you could do with it gameplay-wise. Voice actors aren't an issue, and there's already many people in the community itself who do spot-on impressions of the mercs. That might sound dumb to a lot of people, but VA replacements happen all the time.

If Valve ever decides to pull the plug on TF2, I hope they at least do the community a good one and make the code open-source. I doubt that they'd do that, but honestly, the community is practically developing the game for them right now as it is.

Seriously, imagine if TF2 was a game that everybody contributed to, like Space Station 13. It could last another 10+ years.

>I doubt that they'd do that
I don't know. Valve is lazy as fuck and they're really into letting the community do their work for them. If they find a way to monetize leaving TF2 to the community then they'd do it.

Same user here, let me add to this
>only have dev team of 2
>coding and modeling can take weeks or months
>You have to cater to 10k retards every update
>the constant shit you get on your 2 man team from E-celebs and even your own fans
>the tiniest of a change will make the entire fandom bitch and moan for a month
>revert tiny update
>rinse and repeat

If Valve doesn't want to keep making updates thats fine but don't leave the game in the fucking mess its in, get the game stable. Have some fucking idea of what the final balance and scope of TF2 should be and achieve that.

Loving community? It has the bitchiest most entitled players among valve games.
These clowns want the same level of attention that dota and csgo receives- while having a fraction of their population.

Dota- 1 mil daily peak
Tf2- 50 k

Are you really fucking surprised valve has forgotten about it when it brings in literally 1/20th of valve's favorite son?

They didn't make HL3 because microtransactions were more lucrative.
Who is to blame for that? TF2 players

some people on Yea Forums seem to think being in your 60s is basically being dead

I heard most newer hats dont have low LOD versions.
Also,
>other devs leaving by choice
I'm pretty sure it's been revealed that Valve isn't just a "do whatever you want" company as they advertise and instead pressure people into working on projects that the board decides to do.
>HL3 wasn't made because of TF2
That's fucking retarded.
Creative differences within the staff, as well as the board deciding they want to work other games and on tech innovation such as the VIVE and Steambox/Controller.

It is.

To be fair, a lot can happen in 10 fucking years and who are to say the voice actors even care anymore?
If I remember right, the Sniper's VA don't want to be associated with the fucking game anymore.

sniper's VA does tons of work for valve look at all the characters he voices in dota

Really? Must've been someone else then, I'm certain there was one of them who absolutely refused to work with Valve.

More likely is that Valve simply isn't interested in giving them more work. They won't even finish making a simple comic.

TF2 has good graphics as Overwatch a game literally 3 years ago

Deep.

Attached: 1465444875648.gif (700x525, 2.61M)

user, Gaybon himself said practically said Portal 2/single player was failure because they didn't monetize the fuck out of it, sorry
that is why they want to work on other games, better performance bonuses

medic you're thinking of
he considered it being too "pander"-y i think

>with so much potential

Whatever that potential it was they squandered it with the mannconomy update, shits been dead for a while now.

not just that, but mvm and matchmaking too
it's like they made it, then abandoned it

True, Mannconomy was the watershed moment. Once the goal became "get more to buy stuff in the store" rather than "get more people to buy the game and use Steam by proxy" it got pretty bad.

It doesn't. It's just that tf2 has absolutely perfect art design that keeps it relatively timeless. OW has always had terrible art design.

>those guys who have hats with two unusual effects

they must get so much pussy

why the fuck did they remove quickplay for casual games
it was perfectly fine the way it was and they fucked it up

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY DON'T PEOPLE PLAY LANDFALL IT'S THE BEST CTF MAP. IT'S ONLY GRINDY BECAUSE NO ONE COORDINATES PUSHES

Because

>ctf