Minecraft is now the best selling game in human history. Let's all congratulate minecraft on this amazing achievement

Minecraft is now the best selling game in human history. Let's all congratulate minecraft on this amazing achievement.

Attached: bestseller.png (1131x260, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NCMJnTBZfeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Congratulations!

Attached: 1538709331691.png (1170x658, 380K)

Good for it, it's a legitimately fun and comfy game.
Too bad the young fanbase and steveposting often put it in a bad light.

>PUBG at 50m
how much of that is chinese bots

>google it
>minecraft earth shows up

Fuck, wow, it's like pokemon go, kids are gonna be nuts over it

>Pubg
>50 million

Attached: 1554402372305.png (640x360, 243K)

based

Attached: floss steve.webm (960x540, 1.79M)

Wii Sports shouldn't count, It came with the Wii.

Neither should Tetris

?

That's cool and all, but read the comments of this Minecraft song parody.
youtube.com/watch?v=NCMJnTBZfeE
Imagine watching shit and unironically being nostalgic about it.

This doesn't mean anything with the insane amount of people playing games now-a-days.

spbp

i want to congratulate whoever made this model, it never fails to make me smile

>best selling game of all time
>written by one guy
>in java
>with no tutorials or handholding
no-one could have predicted this

Having trouble with that goal post, cereal bear????

Not much. Most of the sales come from bundled purchases for PC cafes in east asia. It's preinstalled on every single pc방 computer in korea. Every single one. Millions of them. China has nearly as many.

Haven’t played the game once. Zoomers are faggots for loving this game.

Tetris is bullshit because they count literally every game in the franchise as Tetris. That's like if every Mario game counted as Super Mario Bros.

How is this true? Wikipedia says Tetris has 500m+ sales, but someone Minecraft beat it with 200?

And Steve still won’t get in Smash...

That wouldn’t make any sense.

>nooooo just because you beat Tetris in sales d-doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed a spot

Attached: 9F1ECB37-FC50-4F27-8E2E-4241E38E1328.jpg (792x712, 125K)

Exactly.

I don’t see a Tetris Block as a playable character in Smash, do you?

user, minecraft is all but a zoomer game

>AAA devs aren't trying to copy it
God i wish a nigger would.

Legos are literally the best toy, so i'm fine with what is essentially virtual legos being the best selling game. Fuck that ugly mug, though, it disgusts me.

pretty much irrelevant now that all the biggest games have switched to free base game with mtx

Zoomers would be Fortnite not Minecraft.

It’s 100% a Zoomer game you dumbass.

it's not my game, but it's definitely deserved

Fortnite is late Zoomers + Alpha Gen.

no it isnt

It's a boomzoomdoomroomtoomvoomcoompoomqoomxoom game

>unironically disliking zoomers because of memes when we millennials are all faggots and sjws and adult zoomers will be based

>any generation
>based

Attached: 1455842406789.gif (200x200, 53K)

Yes it is. Every fucking Zoomer is nostalgic as fuck about playing that shit on their mon’s iPad after coming home from school. You look at the majority of the Minecraft playerbase and it’s 90% kids born after 2000.

Attached: 0BCAD41A-E55A-47F5-92E7-94B74D638ED8.jpg (725x1024, 87K)

Spbp

well I am glad that it is actually a real game and not a cheater like Wii Sports which doesn´t count since it came boxed with every wii

>hurr durr my age good your age bad
kys boomers

That’s... not what I posted.

>t. Zoomer

This but unironically, fuck vanilla Minecraft.

That shit gets boring immediately once you get diamond shit going. Absolutely no reason to play it.

Not our fault you have irredeemably awful taste.

Music is in the game so technically Tetris has something

well I'm glad it's what you ended up posting

None of my issues with the beta were ever addressed and they just kept adding more shit.

Good for them I guess.

I said Steve, not content. I’m sure most of us would be fine with a Minecraft stage, or AT, or Mii Costumes/Spirits.

However, Steve is a terrible pick for a character, and will never happen.

Attached: 1554242816094.png (1252x998, 202K)

Everywhere but Japan. Also by your logic Tetris shouldn't count since it was bundled with the Gameboy everywhere but Japan. Also Tetris is weird that they count every game as "variants" of Tetris and not a separate game. No matter how mechanically different.

As if boomers were any better, don't you have a shitty Warcraft rehash to get excited about?

No, I’ve never played WoW, and I’ve never cared for MMOs. Try again Zoomer-kun, it’s inevitable to avoid your shit taste in a Minecraft thread.

I don't even care about Minecraft (I don't think anyone does itt) but please keep seething just remember to don't choke on that Monster can.

You obviously do care about Minecraft, and you’re bothered as all fuck. Just feel free to be reminded that Steve will never be playable in Smash.

I want 32bit era characters not Steve.

the bacteria on my bathroom is older than those people.

That's in the public domain, they didn't license it, cope harder

Would more people like Mincraft more if Notch had bothered to make an actual decent design for the player character?

I wish he made it the Dwarf Fortress+Dungeon Keeper mix he originally wanted it to be.

>Actual decent design
Steve’s design is great

Attached: B5E4E53E-D5D0-45A4-B6C3-4AD1541B4703.png (480x1080, 11K)

They'd like it more if he hadn't just slapped a final boss and credits on a proof of concept and called it a game.

Rent free. Stay obsessed, loser.

he cute

Placed and redstoned
Steveposting aside I'm really happy for this achievement. If any game deserves these sales, it's certainly Minecraft

Attached: 1549930688898.png (1454x1130, 161K)

>Steve

Remember how the 17th was supposed to be your day? Remember how you all claimed with such confidence that your bland avatar would get in? You got a fat load of nothing, all the deflection and denial in the world won't hide that.

Attached: Sleeping Bear.gif (368x208, 567K)

I'll never understand why minecraft sold. Seriously. Game looks like ass.

Wii Sports is an exclusive though, it didn't have to whore itself out to every platform to get its numbers.

>Human history
Just say history, faggot

THIS IS A SKELETON THREAD NOW
SMASHFAGS BEWARE, YOU'RE IN FOR A SCARE

Attached: 2jpjrm.jpg (331x364, 13K)

limitless lego, basically.

>Too bad the young fanbase and steveposting often put it in a bad light.
It's inevitable that a young fanbase will put a game in a bad light by association for teens and early 20 year olds.
It's still better that they got a chance to play it than insecure 22 year olds getting to play it and think they were cool.

I’m more shocked that GTA 5 sold that many copies. Even with cross generational buying and the pc release, that’s more copies than the entirety of LoZ.

How in the fuck?

Attached: D48BD084-258A-428D-A0B7-EEAC61F23ED6.jpg (225x224, 6K)

>Game looks like ass
You don't understand video games.

Honestly I'm not surprised at all. It's the most bland series I can think of.

GTA is a more accessible series compared to Zelda

Some games use voxel based building mechanics like DQ Builders which was pretty fun. But Minecraft is a really basic idea that I dont see really being refined. The autists that play it just like making their little buildings and villages, every game that's tried to take that concept and build an actual fleshed out game around it havent done nearly as well. Its not like they give a shit about graphics either. They can just keep playing minecraft forever

Oh fuck off zoomer. Minecraft and Fortnite are THE biggest titles of the 2010s and it ain't because of my generation

R* are the only ones that can make western AAA single player games worth a damn these days.

By that logic, every game after Minecraft is zoomer shit too like Bayonetta or Xenoblade Chronicles

Yes the youngest generation will surely hate minorities and women lmao

Minecraft is a millennial title they threw at their younger siblings too. Only fortnite is full zoomer.

Only if they're popular with zoomers in particular as opposed to other generations, so those games obviously wouldn't apply. MOBA is zoomer shit though

Theres no real way to objectively measure such goofy terminology and claims, but I do remember when Notch was posting on Yea Forums like a decade ago and even back then there was this idea on Yea Forums of it being a game targeting autistic children and not a "real game" that the oldfags cared about. Just an anecdote, but the Minecraft threads back then certainly had a certain type populating them and were mocked by a bunch of people

No it's like every Super Mario Bros. counted as a Mario game.

It absolutely should count. People bought Wiis to play Wii Sports.

As Minecraft's anniversary comes to a close, all I can think about is how amazing of an impact the game has had on me.

Without this game, I wouldn't be typing to you right now. Without this game, I wouldn't have had that spark of interest in indie game development. And without this game... I wouldn't have countless, valuable memories spent with loved ones and strangers alike. Over the millions of years this universe has existed, we were born at just the right time to experience this absolute masterpiece of a video game. When snobs say video games aren't art, point them in Minecraft's direction: If they meet you with a raised eyebrow, you should know their opinion is not one to be valued. On the surface level, calling Minecraft art may seem absurd. But dig a little deeper, and you'll see that it isn't the actual game, or the mods, or even the music that make Minecraft art... but instead the experiences we've had with it, and what we've come to cherish as inimitable memories. Whether it be your very first night in a dirt hut, that time your buddy stole your supplies and you were out for blood, or the relief of finally completing a major project, Minecraft offers some amazing opportunities for memories that will last a lifetime.

It is the sheer beauty of this game that makes me yearn for Steve's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Even if Minecraft's legacy will easily be remembered without Steve's inclusion in Smash, the idea of seeing Mario and Steve duke it out just makes me giddy with excitement. It may seem difficult to comprehend for those of you who didn't grow up with the game, but for some of us... this is something we could only dream of when we were younger. The fact that he actually stands a very real chance to make it into the game is enough to bring a tear to my eye.

So that is why I Stevepost. Not for Mojang. Not for Notch. Not even to piss off people who don't want him in. But because I want to make the dreams of my younger self a reality.

Not knowing that Tetris is already in smash with 2 songs

Not in Japan, actually

>every game after Minecraft is zoomer shit too like Bayonetta or Xenoblade Chronicles

Uhh, duh?

I honestly can't understand how they even total Tetris sales. There are so many incarnations, so many of them unofficial and bootleg, over such a long period of time, there's no possible way for them to calculate it in an even remotely accurate fashion. I'd have to guess that the reality is somewhere in the billions.

what if an alien civilization exists and they produce a game and it sells more copies in their societies huh? OP is just covering his bases

Good, don't say Steve is a bad pick because he's zoomer shit in Smash when there is already a ton of zoomer shit.

Retard

He’s not a bad pick cause he’s Zoomer shit, he’s a bad pick cause he’d make a terrible fighter and is incredibly boring.

Like 75% of the roster.

No.

If you genuinely think that, you don’t play Smash. Not like that’s much of a surprise though.

>multiplat with insane marketing that appeals to teens and ghetto dwellers vs an exclusive series that is mainly bought by long-time fans blinded by nostalgia and hipsters
Zelda isn't even Nintendo's biggest series so I'm not sure why you'd think that

Attached: [Worried laughter].jpg (520x678, 69K)

Name even one character who has as minimal personality, animation, and source material to work with as Steve.

Why should I congratulate a game that's largely played by literal autistics? Those disabled wastes of baby batter will buy and believe anything. Like believing they're trans because they can't notice the deceptive tactics he LGBT community uses to justify their existance and inflate their importance for example...