An adapter will allow Switch controllers to work with PS4 and viceversa

nintendolife.com/news/2019/05/new_adapter_will_let_you_use_switch_controllers_with_your_ps4_and_vice_versa

Attached: ee97dda4-1c43-46f0-851f-475846240e6d.png (964x729, 718K)

wow the switch has a real controller now

tendies btfo

>ps4 controller
>real controller

Attached: 1365426149765.jpg (195x195, 23K)

Is there any legitimate advantage to using a D4 compared to the switch pro? Cause honestly I like my movement stick at the top left.

switch pro would be controller of the generation if the triggers were analog

xbox one still has it beat. ps4 isn't even fit to be mentioned in the same category as either of them

Gross.
Xbone > Switch Pro > Any PS controller

Pretty sure NSW Pro Controller has better gyro controls

I actually like my Switch Pro controller more than my Dualshock 4, even though DS4 isn't bad by itself.

I can finally play a PS4 game with a Pro controller?

or just use an 8bitdo adapter that already allows you to do the exactly the same thing? It's been out for over a year.

Attached: 41TwogVLX6L._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 32K)

The Switch Pro Controller? It launched with it

My brother has that.
I dont know why this is worth a thread though

>ps4 isn't even fit to be mentioned in the same category as either of them
The PS4 battery alone disqualifies it, even ignoring the quality

i accidentally started to prefer the ds4 over the xbone controller. i like the way the buttons feel over the way the xbone buttons clack so god damn loud. i might prefer the xbox analog sticks, tho, and the ds4 improved a lot on the triggers over the ds4.
whenever i get around to installing doom2016 on my pc, i'll do more extensive comparison between the two (even though it's fps and i'll end using kb+m probably)

DS4 is the best controller Sony has ever made and it still sucks big dicks. Fucking thing gets like 3 hours of battery life. I can't fucking understand why they have a controller with a battery life that bad in this day and age while having a big useless LED on the back that I can only turn to 'dim' at a minimum and not just completely off.
I don't have a pro controller for the switch yet but them remote shits are good once you get used to the size of them. Like 30+ hours in use of battery life, I have not once run out of battery for them while playing them so long as you stick them to the switch like once a week. They've got nice clicky buttons, and I like being able to sit with my hands apart. I thought I wouldn't like playing 'real' games with them but I haven't felt the need to get a pro controller yet, I really like them.

I actually want this for PC so I can use my joy-cons with Yuzu.
Other than that, I don't see what's new about this, since joy-cons for PS4 don't make much sense and I could use my PS4 controller with a regular 8bitdo dongle on the Switch right from the start.

learn to read you fucking mongoloid

Xbox > Pro > DS4

>DS4 is the best controller Sony has ever made
You really hate SONY to say this, it is absolutely DOGSHIT.
The PS1/PS2 controllers were at least fucking cheap.

Mayflash and 8bitdo have been out for at least one year, the Nintendo adapter will probably cost $40

Based

>and vice versa
Not that user, but looks like you need to read more carefully

PS1, 2 and 3 all felt like they were made out of the same shit as those chinese plastic wrestler toys you'd find at a dollar store. They were cheap and squeaky as shit.

DS4 has no right to be as expensive as it is but at least it doesn't feel like it would snap in half like a kitkat if I put the slightest bit of pressure on it.

Attached: ssssv.jpg (1200x1600, 176K)

does nintendo have some sort o' patent on split controllers ?

honest question - being able to have your hands LITERALLY ANYWHERE instead of together in front of you - makes the joycons the objectively best controller out there - the comfiness level is extreme

the only drawback is that they're so small

literally why haven't sony and micro released their own versions of joycons ? it's the objectively best way to play

good because controllers are so hard to come by + i'd much rather get the emulator experience where the prompts and tutorials are all wrong.

Real controller but no real games

Attached: 1557806733111.jpg (720x708, 75K)

double joycon is maximum comfy. anyone who disagrees is a nigger

hey anons my cousin will get nintendo switch as present tomorrow but without any game because my sister has no clue about consoles
what game shoud i buy him, i want this little lad to get some good taste in video games

>i want this little lad to get some good taste in video games
Buy him a PS4 instead, all nintendo fans grow up to be autisic.

explains why you're here

>objectively
Amazing how this word has evolved to now invalidate an entire post because the author is stupid.

You best be joking. The DS4 is insanely inferior to the Switch Pro Controller.

>retarded flashlight on its back you cant fully turn off
>beyond pathetic battery life of ~7 hours compared to switch pro ~45 hours
>low quality shitty sticks that people have to put third party caps on for proper grip and for them not to rip
>sticks in inferior position

I dont really see the point.

Do you know anything about what sorts of game he likes?

I would say give him Breath of the Wild if you don't have anything else to go on.

Just get him Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

It being a Nintendo console I’d say odyssey and BotW. Depending on which he prefers opens up two different genres.

>PS4
>only 1 good game is coming out
>... in 2020.
>is a remaster
T-t-tendies BTFO

But why? Everyone knows the Xbox 360 controller is still the best controller to ever be made.

The joycons would probably be perfect for shit like dreams.

Hack it for free games

I bought 1 wired X360 controller for both PC and X360... In 2011. That thing is still working, no problems with analog or buttons. If I could use it on Switch, I would be the happiest man in the world.

Fuck me. I never knew I wanted something so bad until I read this

he's 12 years old so i guess he still can play games for kids
he only played GTA V on xbox360 and minecraft i guess
like i said i want him to play something else if family want to give him other console

Is he your cousin or your nephew? Or has your family been up to weird incestuous shenanigans and he's both? That'd be pretty lewd.

I'd say BotW is a pretty safe bet, if he's got a taste for GTA he'll want a large open world and actual combat - in my experience 12 year olds can be quite snooty about anything they think is too childish for them so see how he likes BotW before trying Mario.

he's my cousin but like 13 years younger
aunt is a old drunked bitch so there's that but i'm more like uncle to him tho

for people who prefer the opposite of you.

what the absolute fuck? It was terrible on the Wii and it's terrible now. There's a reason everyone else in the thread is talking about the Pro controller.

even magicsNS managed to do exactly what these "new devices" will do a month after switch came out.

"journalists"

The joy cons are litteraly the worst part of the switch

>splatoon
>mario kart

Get one or both of those. I think games like BOTW and Odyssey have too much exploration/vagueness for a younger kid. Tropical Freeze would be a great pick if he starts on funky mode. Not sure how young he is but my nephew's 4 so I'm basing it around what he'd like. Splatoon might not seem like a great idea initially but there's plenty of single player content with the octo expansion, it looks interesting, intuitive motion controls and he can still help his team online by focusing on just painting. No communication issues to worry about either since it's nintendo online. MK8 has an auto drive system for kids and can also be motion controlled so get him a joycon wheel and let him have fun.

Who the fuck would want to use the shit tier joycons on anything?

Switch pro is trash and feels like shit. Its also not compatible with most games which is fucking awful.

DS4 is one of the worst controllers ever done up though. I mean who doesn't want some gimmick lightbar pointed at their screen lmao

Nevermind, didn't see that he's 12. Tropical Freeze and monster hunter would be good, as well as maybe xenoblade if he's into weebshit. I'd recommend bayonetta 1+2 but not sure how his parents are with that kinda thing.

Converters like that exist since forever. Looks like the website got paid to publish an article about this particular brand.

Attached: 1513503353166.png (300x300, 11K)

>Its also not compatible with most games

Nigger what?

He's not wrong :)

I think "most" is a stretch. The only game I have that doesn't work with a pro controller is mario party. What else is there, 1 2 switch?