Holy fucking shit this game is kino horror

Holy fucking shit this game is kino horror.
Why the fuck is this not rated higher on Resident Evil lists? I've only gotten half way through the beggining but so far it's more tense and scary than all the other Resident Evils. The atmosphere is great.

Attached: Resident-Evil-Revelations-2-Cover.png (1600x900, 1.84M)

It's underrated as fuck and i hold it up there. People that parrot ReV1 is better are deluded as fuck or simply read it and think thats what they are supposed to say.

Attached: 29176794-DF0E-4ED5-B546-06026C8941DB.jpg (592x617, 146K)

Yeah I played revelations 1 and it was good at first but became repetitive and extremely campy towards the end. And the story became a mess towards the end. Wasnt terrible just wasnt very good either.

Anyone got Revelations 1 or 2 on Switch? I need someone to play online with. I can't find any randoms.

Switch 6 with 0 and move CVX to the trash where it belongs and this is correct

>Why the fuck is this not rated higher on Resident Evil lists?
>Shitty character design
>Moira, worst RE character EVER, fucking cunt
>Low budget and IT'S SHOW
>Shitty story
>The graphic is worst than the first Revelations (a fucking 3DS port!)

But...

Raid mode is really good
Gameplay is not bad

>RE0
>solid

fuck off

Yeah I quite like REv2, the raid mode alone is 10/10 with me sinking way too many hours into it. Ending is pretty good as well as it's actually a bad end with the little girl being Alex reborn

Obvious bait but here's a (you) for your troubles

No

Attached: becca_face_unimpressed2.jpg (539x558, 85K)

most people got the bad ending that's decided by a qte in mid game and never played it again and don't even know about the good ending and how different the game is thanks to that one qte

Rev1 is the superior multiplayer game. Rev2 is cock and balls, point and shine your flashlight and finger WOW SO COOL
Fuck off nigger

>muh grey blob enemies
loving every laugh, my dude

>Switch 6 with 0

Absolutely fucking not. The train section is superior to anything in RE6 as a whole.

have sex incel

>multiplayer

YEAH user THATS WHY I BUY RE GAMES FOR THE MULTIPLAYER. POINT AND SCAN SHIT SENPAI SUCH COOL

>shitting on the god-like deep-sea monster design of Rev1
Shit taste my friend

How good is the RE2 remake? I've been put off by the bullet sponge zombies and Mr. X chasing you around. Do they actually elaborate the story or is it just a new paintjob?!?FACT!!!

Don't have any friends to play with incel?

that shit lasts 15 minutes and leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you realize its the only part they put thought into and also plastered all over the promotional footage

>Invisible shits that can 1 shot you
You can not imagine how hard my butthole puckers. Fuck them with a rake

Attached: [pain].jpg (1377x1079, 239K)

Mr. X is a minor inconvenience and only shows up for a short amount of time

The remake is pretty good for what it is.

>How good is the RE2 remake?

my GOTY possibly of the entire gen.

Attached: 1DA25DCB-043C-4724-9783-9D9521868A2E.jpg (4032x2910, 2.93M)

Yes i do, its why i actually rebought RE5 and RE6 for the PS4 simply because a friend really, really, really wanted to do a co-op playthrough as his firsts. I have done it user, its not why i come to RE. Than FUCK for VII and REmake 2 and to a lesser degree, ReV2.

While I agree with the tier listing order Not a single RE game is a "masterpiece" and arguably not "top drawer" either. Please correct this mistake, thank you

Rev 1 hasn't dated as gracefully as 2

>Moira, worst RE character EVER
You have a tiny brain. Moira has an actual character arc that is logically consistent and satisfying. Which is more than you can say for like 75% of the whole RE cast.

RE5 has the best cuties & models and is there fore the best Resident evil game

This game sucks cock.

I hold the RE2 remake up there with the RE1 Remake and RE7.

RE5 and 6 are kino, too bad that RE5 on the PS3(?) has shared coin

Fuck off re6 fag

Attached: becca_scold.gif (340x231, 2.66M)

Hmmmm, you gents have convinced me to give it a shot. Thank you all!!!FACT!!!

Play resident evil 2 remake

Attached: claire_cheeks4.jpg (898x900, 138K)

>RE5 has the best cuties & models

No it doesn't and now that i have seen facial animations in REmake 2, 5 has particularly flappy and bizzare looking mouth movement that even RE4 and such don't suffer from as bad

Attached: A705596F-F269-43D3-B5BC-4014CE166DC6.gif (245x245, 1.2M)

Might do a Noir run tonight.

Property of Wesker

Attached: jill_re5full.jpg (1000x2200, 261K)

I don't want to. It dosn't have the fun re-playability 4 has.

Reminder that the last time Resident Evil added a new recurring playable character was 1998. Reminder that the last time it added a recurring character at all was 2005. All new characters in Resident Evil exist to die or be immediately forgotten.

(and thats a good thing)

>one of the coolest, down to earth lady cops in gaming was reduced to this garbage

Seriously fuck RE5

Attached: 659260E4-BDEF-4481-AE69-3853A9EFD77A.jpg (547x600, 59K)

Attached: IMG_20190517_175427.jpg (345x539, 94K)

>not posting the full glorious comedy

Attached: 6F10AB8B-38BB-4ECC-BC17-A11E925DAAE0.jpg (1070x1400, 728K)

Because people are retarded, just look at how popular RE7 is.

You dumb faggots. Video games aren't scary. Mercenary mode is ok. I want to suck Rachel's titddies

>just look at how popular RE7 is
It's popular? no one ever talks about it and fan content is non-existent.

Good game.

Attached: claire_phone.jpg (1077x1080, 145K)

It scratched my RE itch. It's the only other game in series I've played outside original RE1. Might bag REmake next, but not finished Rev2 story yet. I'm not in a hurry. I like the bite-size chapter format.

It's a single player game that takes like 10 hours to beat and released 2 years ago, what exactly are you expecting?

RE2 is a single player title that takes 2 hours to beat and that's still getting fan content.

Its also a remake of the most beloved fan favorite game in the series

Revelations 2 is very clearly the prototype for RE2 Remake. It even introduced Claire in a long sleeved red jacket. Rev2's director co-directed RE2 Remake, too.

Pretty kino game. It's a shame that so many people have an issue with Rev 2 for being "low budget". Low budget experimental titles are where a lot of interesting stuff happens.

I wasn't talking about the remake user.

>Rev2 is cock and balls, point and shine your flashlight and finger WOW SO COOL
Do you also hate Alan Wake, the game Rev2 clearly cribs a great deal from?

Are you actually this stupid? Are you really ignoring the fact that a very successful remake came out 4 months ago?

Who said I'm ignoring it? I'm stating that despite RE2 coming out in the 90's and being a 2 hour long single player title it has never stopped getting new stuff from fans, RE7 however is dead in the water already. That is the point I was making you absolute dipshit.

I just dont get why they didn't think this outfit was perfectly fine for Claire's final design instead of an unlockable. Dont get me wrong i think Claire looks kind of a badass teen in Leather, but it really just is her ReV2 design minus a dress shirt.

Attached: F0F2FC2C-05FC-4F88-80D3-D899A844C0AC.png (485x1080, 675K)

RE2 is easily the fan favorite baby of the franchise though. Im not suprised at all.

Attached: 7846112C-B726-4D8C-86B8-D19E9EBF4FDC.jpg (1024x684, 70K)

never played Alan Wake, and I do not think that it was a multiplayer game where one person is incapable of doing anything but point and not even click

ReV2 really doesn't lean that hard on its multiplayer mang, its not RE5, its never actually an obstacle.

What makes the game low budget?

REmake>RE4>RE2>RE0>RE:CV>RE1>RE3>RE6>RER1>RE5>RER2>RE:O1/2

You can see it in the visuals. I love it but its was not afforded a signifficant budget in the way that Outbreak or dead aim were not.

That part, where you cant see the invisible bug fuckers and have to have the little girl call out their directions. Was fucking pure Kino. Game had a great daddy/daughter theme.

I’m in love with nu-Claire. She’s beautiful and her personality presented, in-game, is super attractive.

First game i saw chromatic abhoration

THIS

I was pretty damn excited for this game, and it turned out to be extremely mediocre. Coop was better in 5 and even in 6, weapons are lacking, enemies are boring, bosses are shit, level design is uninteresting, Barry return was wasted, and plus, DLC is pretty horrible.

First Revelation was better, and that game was mediocre too

But yeah, Raid Mode >>> Mercenaries. Seriously, playing as Hunk, Barry or Wesker, looting weapons, gaining EXP, and grinding in different maps was pretty addictive, and playing coop this mode is absolute BLAST

Attached: 1548685899501.png (918x717, 309K)

I have to say actually, as someone who was really into Claire for RE2 and CV, i had been dissapointed with what they did with her since but i love who she is in REmake. I 100% see her as Chris Redfields sister. She's a tough kid, and kind of rad. She made me realise what RE had long since lost in its protags: young fire. Young people against huge odds, with spirit.

Attached: 924D41E9-46E5-4BD0-8BA0-D468BCEEE3A1.jpg (640x433, 167K)

What will you like to see in a third Revelations game?

I just want a better Raid Mode and Hunk starring the main story

Attached: sa3gceexjb911.jpg (536x350, 22K)

Rev 3 is Hunk and Ethan working together. Come on it would a make a great side chapter game?

>Shitty character design
Not at all, Moira was kind of cool with Ada's old RE2 hairstyle
>Moira, worst RE character EVER, fucking cunt
Not even close, she came through when it mattered and fucking Helena exists
>Low budget and IT'S SHOW
It has some aesthetic moments outdoors
>Shitty story
Its modern RE
This is an outright lie

Attached: AF4A6462-10AB-4808-86D7-8BAE196CF378.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

yeah I didn't expect myself to go for 100% completion and then suddenly I had put 80 hours into the game solo
I wonder how co-op is

also RE6 is irredeemably shit

Don't forget the game has hidden routes based on your action

Episodic format, repetitive structure with recycled environments, poor pacing, poor engine optimization, uninspired visual direction, fan fiction-tier narrative (even by RE standards), ugly enemy design, gimmicky partner mechanic with bland gameplay and forgettable new characters...

There's not a single fresh or charming new idea in the game. It's painfully half-baked, uninspired and mediocre, and the overall tone is all wrong for a RE game, it relies on trendy suffering/torture horror tropes with barbwire everywhere and pools of blood, smearing blood effects all over the screen every time you're hit, etc the same awful, completely monotonous creative direction as Evil Within (also shit stealth sections) and a clear creative stepdown from what made RE horror so appealing (not mindless agressive gore and rusty obscurity, but beautifully and playfully gothic atmosphere constantly contrasting classical art and the macabre), it's neither scary nor fun to play

REv1 is painfully mediocre too but it had better pacing, a more varied atmosphere and a few good ideas, like the ship itself or the concepts for the bosses (still having human consciousness and pleading for death)

Revelations 2 really isn't a co-op oriented game. It's clearly designed around swapping between the two characters yourself.

There really is so much content to unlock. I really want Moira's katana. Also the Platinum on this is a 0.3% success rate. Id like it to go along side my REmake and REmake 2 plats but god damn.

"Not muh Resident Evil".

I liked Raid Mode but holy bees it's a grind

I went for all the achievements on Steam, and the only thing I didn't enjoy was that there were so many forced sections where you had to move at walking speed while waiting for dialogue
the intro to that Barry chapter where you walk back through the sewer level you beat as Claire and he tells the story about Moira's fear of guns was particularly painful during 100%

What's your favorite gun build ?

It's sad to say but I'm only now testing out full burst homing sniper rifles

I'd always thought it was just a waste of ammo until i noticed the bullets keep homing even after hitting the first target

>beautifully and playfully gothic atmosphere constantly contrasting classical art and the macabre
Are you sure you ever played a classic RE game in your life? The tone of RE was always incredibly goofy. For starters, there is the incredibly nonsensical settings, with locales like research facilities and police state stations being constructed like fantasy dungeons, with stuff like a revolver being hidden behind a statue that requires you place gems in its empty eye sockets to unlock its contents. Or how Albert Wesker is an elite special forces agent, yet he somehow has the time as well the academic qualificiations to moonlight as a brilliant scientist at Umbrella at the same time. Or how Umbrella's solution to covering up an intelligence leak, instead of simply shooting the source of the leak with a gun, is to send a genetically engineered monstrosity that moves very slowly and can only attack at melee range to kill them. Think about that for a momemt. Umbrella's research on genetically engineered monstrosities is leaked, so they send another genetically engineered monstrosity to cover up the leak. And how often the series recycles the same incredibly dumb plot beats, such as:

>"OMG, we are the only survivors in this place where everyone has been turned into feral zombies."
>"Let's split up!"

Attached: 1j9ywu.jpg (400x369, 77K)

Milf Claire is best Claire Also i liked moira

i agree with this but could not bring myself to like Rev2. i'd put it in C/D. The rest i pretty much agree with

Haven't tried that, sounds cool
Honestly just corny elemental maxing, combined with different ranges. So if I'm going to get my ass grabbed, hit the lightning++ shotgun, then as they retreat get out the ice++ AR

The nonsensical settings is exactly what I'm talking about user, the nonsensical had a poetic side to it and was designed around creative contrast (example, the police station hallway music, the save room themes, etc the music was meant to be relaxing, not oppressive; all the riddles designed around statues, paintings, architecture elevating the atmosphere even if it was silly and absurd from a logical perspective; the fixed screens themselves had framing and lighting meant to evoke both comforting and unsettling atmospheres with intricate color schemes and warm sources of light, the rooms could be bright will still evoking a sense of desolation and morbidity, you know, all the taxidermy, fireplaces, clock sounds, armors with swords, sometimes you'd have to burn the paintings or push things into statues eyes etc silence itself could make moments shine... all carefully designed contrast and tone elements), which is absent from Rev2 monotonous aggressive rust and barbwire, constantly plunged in darkness vibe, and just throws more blood and screaming at the screen to ramp up the intensity, which is just lazy. It's boring as shit, creatively speaking.

Attached: Resident Evil 1.5.jpg (800x601, 82K)

>What will you like to see in a third Revelations game?
More characters for raid mode. Let me play as Alexia or Birkin. As for the main game I wouldn't mind seeing Sherry and Jake return.

how 2 stop re5 crashing on startup?

Lnk da bttrz

Yes, exactly. They didn’t make her some hard-assed Mary-Sue who dominated all the men and was some soiboi interpretation of a stronk feminist waman. She was a likeable, wisecracking young woman who demonstrated genuine kindness, empathy and sympathy for the people around her. She had a motherly protective streak towards Sherry and was genuinely vulnerable around Leon. What I liked though, was that she had an almost naive badassed-ness when the situation called for it. Not melting down around the monsters, being genuinely angry with Chief Irons, showing composure when facing Mr X, but best of all was when she was finally tired of Birkin’s shit and was like, “Fuck it, neither of us are leaving until I take care of your ass” then rides the elevator down to him with that confident determination.

Absolutely the best representation of a nice girl who has to step up and do the right thing I’ve seen in a long time, Marvel could learn a thing or two about character development from this game. She was super likeable and admirable as a hero.