FTL thread

Will we ever get a sequel bros? Also captains edition is the best edition

Attached: FTL-Kestrel-at-mid-s4.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Probably not a direct sequel.
I'm really not a fan of the overhaul mods.

i like rocks

Not likely, but we're getting a ton of FTL-inspired games. I haven't gotten round to any of them yet but planning to.

a perfect example of being way overhyped and overrated

What are some ftl like games?

How do you deal with intruders? I can handle anything but that so far, I usually try suffocating them but I pretty much fucked my own crew against the flagship because they destroyed the oxygen room.

>captains edition
Huh?

mod

Move your crew into Medbay and vent the rest of the ship. you'll win any melee fight there and the enemies will auto move to oxygen

Can I get a quick rundown?

Convoy is a Mad Max inspired one.

no

In the early sectors you can generally move your crew (minus the pilot) into the medbay and open the rest of the ship so that there's no oxygen
In mantis/midgame sectors, you need doors and ideally a rock or mantis with your crew. O2 release still works here, but it's better if you're prepared for when that's not an option.
Against the flagship, you should have at least a level 2 oxygen system and level 3 doors. The best counter is to stall the cooldown and then break the teleporter, or just kill the crew until there are none left. Vent oxygen out of rooms that you don't want them in. It's also much better to have a fully upgraded medbay or clonebay.

>Basically adds names and themes to sectors (ai manafacturer sector, outbreak disease sector, slug sector etc)
>adds bases
>can interact with your crew which can lead to events that can help you
>more system interactions (blue outcomes)
>more enemy classes
>ships re balanced
>artillery subsystem
That's from the top if my head. There is a shitton more content

Neat. I'll check it out.

Is there some way to fix the fucking ratio? I cant play now because it looks blurry

Funny because that's legit the only FTL-style game I could came up with.

How about a really slow rundown?

What do you mean, ratio? Upscaling is never going to look great.
I primarily play in windowed mode.

>not leaving a gunner so the ship doesn't start to auto-repair
baka

The AI generally stops teleporting when the crew numbers are low

Fun game, bought it years back when it first came out but wasted potential. The developer is like one guy so he never really updated it

Remember to always help out against giant alien spiders.

Everspace is basically Freelancer + FTL

Also something most people don't pick up on until they're almost burned out from getting destroyed is that you can man the doors/security room which upgrades doors one level as long as it stays manned, which is particularly helpful early game while you're still running low on parts and if you get boarded by mantis or rock.

Also against the flagship never kill all the crew since that triggers the flagship AI to repair everything which can be somewhat of a failstate if you haven't ground it down enough yet and have taken much damage already.

>hear from these threads that Flak Gun I is the best weapon in the game
>get urge to play yesterday
>manage to buy Flak Gun I and Halberd Beam from last shop in the game
>steamroll the flagship earning my third win ever
It was on easy though, so I still suck at the game

Attached: I FUCKING BEAT FTL.png (1920x1099, 1.53M)

BLII is notably superior to Flak I in most setups. Flak has a time advantage, but in many cases you'll end up using it for damage after shields are down, so the accuracy is an issue.
Try playing on Normal.

Flak is great for taking down shields long enough for something else to do damage, and conversely it's tough being up against it on normal and hard, at least without evasion/cloaking (and even then since it recharges fast). Best two power dots aside from Burst 2, but you really need something else to do damage obviously, yeah Halberd will do that nicely.

I've been looking at Duskers and Heat Signature, definitely not straight copies of the formula but that's a good thing. Going to look into them after I play Into the Breach.