So why aren't they bringing back the old traditional battle system?

It was more fun because it required thinking and tactics. But this one just seems to be a hack and slash game.

Attached: 3532079-ff7-remake.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

>it required thinking and tactics
grug use summon
grug use potion
grug equip materia

Attached: 3b6.jpg (353x400, 20K)

Because they want people to actually buy the game. Who the fuck would pay for another sit and wait turn based jrpg?

Attached: 1mb.jpg (347x383, 22K)

>Who the fuck would pay for another sit and wait turn based jrpg?
Persona 5, Octopath Traveler, DQXI, and Pokemon Sun/Moon all sold great so obviously a lot of people would

If it was not Ff7 I would skip this game.
action rpgs are trash and ffx was the last good game in the series.

Probably because they want the game to be fun and actually relevant compared to most modern day games.

Attached: 624AFC82-E52B-41DE-917C-79E1CCFCE461.jpg (1191x1684, 198K)

Because they want the ARPG audience

>grug no play game but post in thread

See

I played FF7 and finished it and killed the optional bosses and I basically button mashed my way through it, what level of delusion are you on that you think any JRPG requires thinking

Post more femdeku to salvage this dumb thread

nothing about what people liked about ff7 had to do with the battle system

>action rpgs are trash
turn based babies just have no reflexes

Wrong.

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy grossed 1.2 Billion dollars, people will buy anything with the FF name on it

Because it's a video game let me move around

Nomura's button mashing trash requires no reflexes.

cloud crossdressing remake when

Well, I guess it's true what they say about a fool and his money.

Personally I found those games to be boring, I'm tired of turn based rpgs. It feels archaic as fuck. I probably won't get this anyway because I have yet to play a modern game besides witcher 3 that was good. They will fuck up an already mediocre game that is completely over rated

I bought it because a buddy told me Legend of the Dragoon ripped off its battle system and I loved Legend of the Dragoon's battle system.
He was full of shit, but I liked the time turn mechanic of FF7.

Attached: Arthas.jpg (125x125, 2K)

SeeThe battle system is dated and boring, the magic of FF7 lies in its Setting and story. And as for those games you mentioned, they have been doing turn based for their entire franchise and final fantasy abandoned the turn based system long ago. Not to mention that all those games you mentioned are fundamentally more complex than FF7’s turn based system and even if they did keep it they would still have to overhaul it and add loads more features just to keep it relevant. The fact is that turn based isn’t what it used to be and there isn’t a huge global market for it like there is with ARPG’s. I’ve seen people bitch about a lot of aspects of the remake but it’s almost unanimously agreed upon that the new combat looks fun, or at least better than the dated system that existed back then. FF7 Crisis cores combat is an example of just how FF7 is without the shitty slow combat system

>fun and actually relevant compared to most modern day games.
FFXV has shitty real-time combat and it's neither fun nor relevant

>it required thinking and tactics
lol no. it was so easy to break the game

I didn’t say ALL real time combat was good did I?

It's both fun and the best selling FF ever made.

Attached: xvair.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

Your mistaking these for bloodborne or better yet dmc. Final fantasy action rpgs are easy mindless trash and you have to try to lose

You have more ways to approach an enemy in XV than any Soulsborne has, you have far more combat variety too and there's more enemy variety. You can shoot in XV, you can switch to Prompto to vulnerable an enemy and shoot them, or use a charge attack on an enemy in XV either before or after a warpstrike, different weapons have different warpstrike like AOE warpstrikes or individual target ones, or multi hit warpstrikes etc. Plus there is less weapon types in any Souls game than XV, there are countless different weapon movesets for Noctis to use, plus the other three bros who all play different and unique from each other. Same with how attacking ebemies in the air works in those too, because of things like death drop/airsteps in XV you have much smoother targetting and zoning on enemies, BB doesn't even have aerial combat.

Attached: 1520395947856.webm (700x404, 2.97M)

>best selling FF ever made
I don’t see how this is relevant, obviously it was made during a time when turn based was more technically realistic for dev making such a long game

hey barry

i swear this turn based vs action discussion is always like dogshit
you can like both styles and if you dont you are a fucking shitbag

It seems like they're trying to keep the same spirit of the original command-based combat.
>change characters in battle
>command menus
>block button
>potentially depleting a meter to use certain commands, it looks like

It could still turn out button-mashy, but so long as the materia system is meaningful and controls are smooth enough I'll be happy. I already find the switch to action combat more appealing because characters should hopefully feel more distinct from each other than the original. That's not to say I have faith in Square pulling off the remake overall though. While I was impressed by the new trailer, I can't look past the fact it still has a realistic art style and will be multi-part.

Attached: 1486257156543.jpg (774x1032, 121K)

This. Turn based combat system sucks dicks and only oldfags want it back because that was just the way it was back then. Those gramps should just quit gaming all together if they can't accept they're not the main audience anymore.

What, it was simplistic and easy as fuck. The new system is clearly a huge improvement.

Instead of coming up with actual arguments all you fucking do is "wow it's barry/xv-kun get him boys!?". You are so fucking devoid of any valid argument you think if you focus on the person instead of the argument that you can somehow get your way. Fuck off. You're a fucking idiot and all you ever do is take shit out of context so you can shitpost with it because you're a fucking retard who is too much of a pussy to admit that Nomura is the one who fucked up on Versus/XV, and that Tabata saved it.

Attached: 1479385835175.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

I don’t see it as always liking one over the other in general. Sure I’d agree than turn based is general for games like persona, pokemone etc. but rather which style is better for the FFV remake

no it doesnt sucks dick, it was great
doesnt mean action cant be great too
one being better than the other doesnt make the other bad

Simple, FF is a well recognized all around the world. So they want everyone to play this shit and action based game is probably the only way to appeal to the wider audience. It doesn't help that SE probably spend a stupid amount of money on mainline FF alone.

I think that's why Dragon Quest survived the "modernization" stick to its root. The game is only big japan so they can stick with whatever they do best without huge ass budget and still makes money.

Ff7 remake combat has nothing in common with XV's combat though

>tactics and thinking
>any FF game
the only game that took effort was 8 and that's because the draw system was so bizarre and the game punishes you for actually doing combat and leveling

why are people defending nomura? the guy is a hack,every game he works in turns out to be literal garbage

It will be funny when they see how disappointment will 7 be like KH3 was

I confess that I don't quite know why Nomura is in charge of anything. He was an artist for years on FF, okay, cool. How do you go from that, to director? He's not a good writer and is clearly the kind of person who just makes it up as he goes along (decent ideas, but poor execution). He has a very biased view of gameplay. He focuses heavily, as one might expect, on graphics and art, arguably to the exclusion of more important aspects of game design. And he doesn't even seem to want to be in charge; I know he said as much with regards to FF7R. It's like SE is pushing work on him, and he is neither willing to delegate responsibility for certain aspects to people better able to handle it, nor is he willing to just step down and tell SE to deal with it (it's not like they would fire him, they obviously love the guy). I just don't know WHY the suits at SE want to give this artist the responsibility for everything when there is nothing to suggest he's particularly capable outside of his department. I suppose the answer is because their other options have been Kitase and Tabata, so I guess Nomura is an improvement, but seriously, that's sad--SE has to have the money to get a better director on board. Like, one who loves the old FF games and wants to make new games like them, instead of people who don't seem to like them much and want the new games to be totally different in everything except some of the aesthetics.

Seething

Attached: 1471314341343.jpg (396x594, 24K)

I know this is bait, but the regen bug completely destroys any sense of challenge in 7.

You mean the ATB system yeah,Nomura said something like "we cant have these highly detailed character models running around hitting things in a straight line anymore"

Attached: Odin.jpg (795x799, 552K)

It is the same as type-0

>Nomura is the one who fucked up on Versus/XV, and that Tabata saved it
I like 15 (low expectations helped), but Tabata salvaged it, not "saved it".
While I would've much preferred the KH gameplay of whatever Nomura had planned, if his head wasn't shubbed so far up his ass, it could've been a reality.
Never mind the fact he's a super fucking xenophobe, which as far as just being a person goes is "whatever" but this fucker really doesn't give a fuck about the western fanbase at all, as oppose to what Tabata and other SE people do, what went down with KH3 being a prime example.

What people don't bring up enough though is that both Nomura and Tabata are equally responsible for what happened with "the Third Birthday" (Parasite Eve 3)
That shit was a fuck up from every single side, which is rare.

Attached: 1419923657465.jpg (665x663, 132K)

>Because they want the ARPG audience
So anybody who isn't a smelly weeb loser with a metal T shirt?
Go take a shower.

Did ranking ever made sense in this game

I don't think I do anything different from other people and I still get As or Ds most of the time.

I didn't know S ranks existed.

it's not

>because it required thinking and tactics

Hahaha.