From Software will be collaborating with George R.R. Martin

sea.ign.com/george-r-r-martin/147521/news/george-r-r-martin-is-reportedly-working-with-from-software

>George R. R. Martin is working with From Software and the president, Hidetaka Miyazaki himself, on a new role-playing game. You think their new medieval game will top Sekiro?

Attached: image-943124_5ywh.jpg (1920x1080, 600K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZE9gVF1QbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't care.

What is it about game of thrones, a show/book series about politics and dialogue that lends itself well to an action rpg?

Never ending sequels?

>not even a proper LotR RPG released
>faggot studios want to release a GoT RPG

gaming is dead nuke japan

LOTR was never about the action like in the inferior movies.

I remember Nips liking Tolkien and Moorcock
But Martin is news to me

Uh huh, and I remember when kojima was "working with" del Taco too, and we all know what came of that

It'll probably motivate the old fat bastard more than his dipshit fans or TV execs will, at least.

I just hope it's a new universe over just a licensed title. Just stick the elderly neckbeard in a room and let him have fun brainstorming shit with that middle-aged fat nip like the DnD nerds they are.

You got plenty of alright LOTR action games.
You wouldn't seriously call Fromsoftware's games RPGs, would you? Even King's Field/Shadow Tower was just an action game with slower pacing.

>RPG
>focus on action

Yea Forums is dead nuke the zoomers

FROM is best at storytelling and world building that isn't thrown in your face with hours of cutscenes through a game. Makes little sense to bother pairing them up with GRRM.

Not so much about the politics as it is about the storytelling. If it's one thing Martin is correct on in medieval fantasy it's that people always miss out on telling the intricacies and and aftermaths of events that occur and how it effects a region's populace, infrastructure and government.

It sounds boring when said like that, but it's a lot more interesting when it's told at the base level because it's oftentimes bloody, dark and complicated.

miyazaki has always been about that fantasy genre, but if you think they’re going medieval aesthetic again you might just get your ass SUBVERT’D. martin has written more than just muh knights and wuzards

I'm out if there's
>too much Bloodborne shit
>too much Weabshit
>zombies/white walkers

No one gives a shit about you, faggot.

As long as they can make a game that nails the same kind of atmosphere DaS1 had again then I'm down for whatever

What kind of tax policy will be involved?
Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Miyazaki, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with.

go to bed, dad

I just finished fucking your mother, I’ll go to bed in a bit.

>tfw Kojima+Chiyomaru game never

Attached: Punished Okabe.jpg (663x716, 86K)

>from software
>having the talent to make a full fledged rpg

fool

>eastern developer

CRISIS AVERTED

Attached: 1558130428797.jpg (618x645, 74K)

>look guys jesus christ is working with jason statham on a new country
>check this shitty article with some literal who speculating out of his ass

based
DeS was their last decent game, gurm will turn this around

I can definitely see potential here if all this is true but only if they go heavy with the RPG elements and not stripped down like Sekiro was and even the Souls series to an extent.
Still calling bullshit on the whole rumor though. If I remember correctly it surfaced like a day before April fools. Martin is a hack and would probably work with someone shitty like Ubisoft on something like this.

Now we will play the game of hacks

based, waiting this opening but with Anor Londo

youtube.com/watch?v=TZE9gVF1QbA

>Game of Souls

Can't wait to see how From Software will integrate smut into the game.

Lazy fat fuck will never finish his books.

Can't wait for all the Tolkien soceity fags to off themselves once more lotr media comes out

Nothing?

Attached: 1527312983358.jpg (1024x576, 52K)

You mean Fromsoft is best at bullshitting things on the spot and making low-IQ players believe it means anything meaningful?

>first ring show the battle of Lords vs Dragons
>second ring Gwyn liking the First Flame
>third ring show s the Furtive Pygmy

Martin is really good at showing the horrible consequences of an idea that sounded awesome in the moment.

Dark Souls 2 has a better story than Game of Thrones.

We already know this.

It probably fits in with the LN industry.

Attached: A-Storm-of-Swords-Part-2-Tyrion[1].jpg (600x892, 153K)

It's also a better game than Dark Souls 1 and 3. It's actually a rpg, not a game made for speed runners.

hopefully its as hard as sekiro and faggots whine again that it needs a easy mode, that was pretty funny

>wanting to shit all over Tolkien’s legacy by giving his universe to roleplayfags and furries

How about companies stop sidetracking him with all these new projects until he finishes his damn books.

LMAO
George Martin's books are shit!
At least he is a good script writer

Attached: 9H9nG.jpg (2700x1800, 442K)

AZOR AROTIAS

this isn't a ranking thread

Attached: NitoNO.jpg (412x412, 89K)

His kids have already shit up his legacy plenty desu

>make thrones-like game
>have gramps write it
>turn his writings into the Winds of Winter etc.
>get the fuck to finish what he started

>soulsfags meet games of throne cûcks
is there a worse possible combination

Final Fantasy meets Disney.

Martin has probably finished it like 5 times by now but he's autistic and will throw massive amounts of work out because he's dissatisfied with the way everything came out. He rewrote the back end of A Dance With Dragons 3 times, one where Quentyn showed up two weeks before Dany's wedding, two weeks after, and one day before and picked the one he liked the most.

Well said.

Autism

anything x smash

Why?

Cringe author meets cringe dev. It's going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see what the tax policies are like in an edgy hardcore gaymur vidya gaem.

No, what he means is that it makes it easy to recognize a retard that can't understand the simple story

underrage

Yikes. I think I'm pulling out of this one.

Attached: BloodBorne-Игры-Игровой-арт-в-комментах-ещё-2770011.jpg (848x1200, 196K)

What the hell is the Fatman doing? He hasn't even finished his books that he started out decades ago. Why the hell is he collaborating with video game studios? Finish the books, fatso, before you start something else.

Attached: slow.gif (600x600, 8K)

>fat pervert rewrites war of the roses with dragons
>jews advertise the shit out of the high budget TV show based on it
>now japanese action game dev will be working with same fat pervert
very weird turn of events, not really sure how to interpret this, all i know is i don't like it

this

They can only make vagueass story telling crawler games.

GO BACK TO WRITING THE BOOK YOU FAT FUCK

Lets face it , as good as the lore and art design From Software has on their games, they lack majorly in the story department. Its like they have ADD. Martin may not be the best fantasy writer, but he can weave character plots pretty consistently.

Del Taco's projects always end in disaster

This guy looks much older than he is.

>His kids have already shit up his legacy
His son despises the shit that has come out from it, what are you talking about.

Yfwits armored core

Attached: neo.jpg (150x150, 13K)

From Software presents
A Story by George RR Martin
Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki
Tax Policy: Prepare to File.

This would be kino.
I always wondered what was Mirage's tax policy.
Jokes aside, the AC settings really lend themselves well to a deeply layered story.

We literally cannot start a FromSoft thread without this, it's insane.
Also Dark Souls 2 trash.