Synchro and Xyz summon were top yugioh gameplay

Synchro and Xyz summon were top yugioh gameplay.

Attached: outer-entity-azathot-shadows-in-valhalla-nyarla-cthugua-D_NQ_NP_600341-MLM29689042460_032019-F.jpg (948x940, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DA81HYQ/
ygorganization.com/whencutelocalizationbitesyou10yearslater/
youtu.be/NKM-YKA9OO0?t=202
youtube.com/watch?v=uPZo2jITIho
youtube.com/watch?v=G1M0pFKFNBc
youtube.com/watch?v=RheEUCT_fOk
youtube.com/watch?v=GHzioi9BOGA
youtube.com/watch?v=rg6CiPI6h2g
youtube.com/watch?v=tyrKeThaEJM
instagram.com/mashacosplays/p/BUhpQLvjAep/?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are really running out of archetype ideas.

They're also running out of space on the cards

>spirit monsters will never be a thing

Attached: 1557553206638.jpg (720x693, 147K)

>yata-garasu was never a thing

This is legit the only set I would go out and get back into yugioh for.
>We want the MTG audience

Agree, but this isn't /tg/

Because early yugioh was filled with bad ideas.
>most fusion and rituals needed specific materials and were basically unplayable
>they were also a huge wasted of resources
>spirits go back to your hand at the end of the turn yet they lack special summon support

Prototypical concepts are prototypical. Modern's pretty nice in comparison once you get used to it but I feel special summons are far too unchecked a mechanic. Links checked the extra deck but that's only a band-aid on part of the wound, plus are pretty damn unchecked themselves.

SAY IT

Attached: 1552312436477.png (848x1550, 510K)

>He doesn't remember 2014.

Attached: Nikitama-LVAL-EN-R-1E.png (411x600, 616K)

Ash blossom is a slut who whores herself out in structure decks.

Looks like shit

Attached: 1459547268551.png (1002x1264, 639K)

THE LIGHTNING, BABY

>gemini monsters will never be a thing

Attached: 1553964678378.jpg (332x342, 60K)

In 2014 it along with pic related and sometimes a few others were a R4NK engine, since this was the point of the game where people were taking 2+ engines and clobbering them together, HAT format.

Attached: Aratama.jpg (343x500, 70K)

I wish they would make more entity support since one of the elder entity fusion monsters is banned.

none of these cards seem particularly strong. also arent they basically fucked now that you can only ss one monster from the extra deck?

Literally nothing beats Plant Synchro era it was one of the times where playing well in a card game rewards you and creativity was something so ever present. Fuck current yugioh for butchering creativity in such an awfully thought out manner.

Attached: PlantSynchro.png (407x297, 367K)

fuck i'm retarded wrong era synchro cat was aids

right pic now

Attached: fuck.png (406x301, 359K)

>cold wave
>okay, you win
Yeah it was absolutely amazing.

Before the thread dies, can someone give me a good post-links Deskbot deck?

There is an archetype(?) about elemental balls monsters. I know they were a thing but I don't remember their names. Do anyone know what I'm talking about?

Attached: hmm.jpg (481x482, 65K)

I'm very sorry to report this to you but it's not possible the best version possible is to literally not use links.

A moment of silence.

isnt the metalfoes link great for a pendlum decks?

Spirit is a monster type that is also kind of an archetype. The balls are included in said archetype.

Yes it's pretty good for pendulum decks but for deskbots it's too slow. I remember the best field i've seen for a deskbot deck post-links is Naturia Beast + some deskbots don't remember it though.

>that shooting quazar dragon ultimate version busted combo
i must say, getting 2 quazars out first turn was fun. still i hate that every deck i played got fucked over.
i played pure dragunity and they fucked us
i played pure monach and they fucked us
i played those power ranger guys and they fucked us completely
the first 2 werent broken btw, dragunity was weak as shit always it was those elemental dragons that were strong (and now should be at 1 each if).
seriously the game is fucked with the cycle of release cool type release busted shit ban repeat

How about Ojama, Fire Fists or Geargia? I haven't played the game in a while (stopped playing right before links happened) and I want to make my decks conform to this new weird summon type that prevents all of them from functioning as I'm used to.

I don't think it's that, at least I can't find anything on google. There's a bunch of sphere like monsters but they don't look like what I remember.

Not sure I don't play any of those decks, from memory Fire Fists and Ojama got some sort of link support so they have that for them geargia hasn't gotten new support.

No

Hieratics?

Attached: Hieratic_Hieroglyph.png (398x437, 349K)

Are they gonna release any new yugioh soon(ish)?

Attached: PCY-VideoGameNA.png (434x617, 739K)

user...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-09-13-16-27-533_org.mozilla.firefox~01.png (715x617, 467K)

No the entire lineup is made of those ball-like monsters. The background of their cards did look a bit like the one you posted though.

Yea Forums fears the samurai

Attached: 1529576149135.png (256x256, 45K)

Lol not anymore after the nerf and blue-eyes, red eyes, and neos everywhere.

No, but I do fear Turn 1 gateway. That was so much bullshit.

Attached: GatewayoftheSix-SPWA-EN-SR-1E.png (472x694, 731K)

Everybody fears the Golem support

Attached: CrossDimensionalDuelLED2ENSR1E.png (473x694, 821K)

nat beast shutdowns a fair amount of decks including mystic mine and sky sluts

no the problem is that everything relevant is a fucking archetype

all new archetypes work with their cards alone, and they're the most broken decks until they ban their cards and release a new archetype

you can't save yugioh at this point, it's just a bunch of cookie cutter optimized decks that are difficult to learn but easy to master because the game has the depth of a puddle

I seriously SERIOUSLY pity adults who still play the game, it's dead dude fucking move on

Attached: 77-776627_and-this-ladies-and-gentlemen-anime-girl-shrug.jpg (880x806, 220K)

Found it, t was the effigies.
Guess they weren't that round.

Attached: DarkEffigy-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (544x544, 250K)

I would take archetypes over every deck being 40 card piles of goodstuff and every list is exactly the same except for muh techs. Each deck in each archetype is basically the same, but at least decks in different archetypes are different.

When the fuck are we getting a new Tag-Force (like) game?

Attached: 059.jpg (350x263, 17K)

>he says this when orcusts are running a trickstar and danger engine
the actual problem with archtypes these days is that some are made for the duel links therefore they suck ass in the tcg/ocg
also xenpophobic decks can fuck off
there is no reason that bee-forece needs to be extra decked locked to insects

If Yugioh is no longer a good card game then what is the card game of the century? (You can mention online only ones ig)

>some are made for the duel links
The mobile game? Are you fucking kidding me?

Never again. You niggers pirated all the PSP games. Now they have no reason to make them again when gacha games make more money exploiting gambler mentality.

If that's the case, when the fuck are we getting an online YGO similar to Duel Links but with the regular YGO format though honestly that won't really work since YGOPro is a thing

Attached: 1551130384444.jpg (720x625, 51K)

Untamed Wilds
*animal noises*

Attached: rsz_1rsz_magic_battlegrounds_cover.jpg (350x497, 52K)

Hi guys can I play?

Attached: Shin Exodia.png (1023x596, 367K)

yeah shit like the fortune fairy/lady support is trash by tcg standards but seems fine in duel links
at least the cards revealed in the new duelist pack for villans seems good so far like the new gimmick pupet xyz thats basically a double snatch steal

I loved Yu-Gi-Oh when every new card wasn't a 500 word essay with 17 different effects.

>darkly big rabbi

I liked it when it wasn't turn 1 OTK or turn 30 stall.

Eternal

Kaiba would call you a monkey

Attached: BlueEyesSpiritDragon-CT13-EN-UR-LE.png (475x695, 850K)

There are no good ones

Is Exodia's name a reference to the Book of Exodus?

I almost want to play Eternal Duelist Soul again because that's what I had in elementary school
What was the 2001 meta?

Confess your Yu-Gi-Oh sins

Attached: Curious.jpg (464x661, 77K)

>lightsworn
Fuck off

Attached: WC_2003[1].png (873x820, 682K)

Attached: Why.jpg (214x235, 15K)

Why isn't there a Maiden with Eyes of Red yet?

seriously user, this is literally the least spherical card that you could have picked. how in hell could you be recalling this as a sphere?

I dropped the game to play Vanguard I don't regret it

Attached: 74187861_p0.png (714x1025, 1.01M)

Is he gay?

eyes of red means potheads and weed is extremely illegal in japan

Albinon is a treasure

Attached: Vanguard Girls.jpg (2048x957, 303K)

This annoys the fuck out of me. We get Aramitama and Nigimitama but not Kusimitama or Sakimitama.
Like, how hard is it to release all four at once and then a combined form to represent the end of worship.

Probably got J.D.'d too many times to count

what yugioh card has the most text?

This looks like generic weeb shit

so this is the power of jewry...

He's like the only guy who does any fanart that isn't the MC getting dicked, R63 or otherwise.

Maybe you were thinking of the Hex Sealed Fusion cards?

People unironically using LS everywhere around me from inception while unironically saying LS takes skill whenever they triple JD'd me.
I fucking despise Darkworld for the same reason.

Never trust faeries

Attached: 1556379700438.jpg (762x2150, 639K)

DUDE SO LOVECRAFTIAN AND KAFKAESQUE

I made a Daily Dose custom card.

There's also the other fan artist that went so insane from one show ending he needed to start drawing giant tits on everything just to calm down Tokoha leaving broke Oda
Everyone has their own art tastes and I won't say you're wrong but Vanguard does have nice art for people with different tastes.

Attached: vgd_today0514_79481kt06964.png (350x510, 420K)

Pot of Greed

Attached: Pot of Greed.jpg (308x450, 69K)

very sneedian if you ask me

My god. Those are real cards.

I agree user. I miss the days of beat-sticks and backrows.

>Hating a deck for having a decade of staying power
Every other game would cycle Lightsworn out but this archetype of all archetypes has managed to stick around for a decade. Lightsworn are Yugioh at this point and the moment they become unplayable is the moment the game dies.

THey've been trying to shorten it a bit. For example instead of a sented for piecring damage it's just piercing damage now.

>Hating a deck for having a decade of staying power
That's not what I said at all, and LS had a pretty large gap of irrelevancy.

Will it ever be possible to make the God Cards viable Yea Forumsros? Can they ever remake them to give off the same feeling of OPness as in the show?

they made them too bad. Blue is the best but it's not good enough. No idea why they made rah that bad

The game has literally never recovered from Dragon Rulers, that deck singlehandedly killed the game. It was the beginning of these massive 'I have infinite resources and win in one turn' shit Yugioh devolved into.

Well they need better protection but even with that the effects are shit.

Synchro was top tier
XYZ was game-ruining trash

Doubt it. The only god cards that ever see any play these days are Ra and some of the Timelords. Konami always guts divine monsters when they port them to the game. Anyway, the only nostalgia cards to get good support are ones that Kaiba used, so maybe Obelisk?

The problem with the Gods is that they weren't that good even in the anime.
Ra was trash.

>XYZ
>game-ruining
Fucking pendulums were way worse, pretty much requiring a deck to have a consistent spell removal to get rid a scales, among other things.
Don't even get me started on links.

XYZ was good.

Attached: 1028738.jpg (308x450, 45K)

>the problem is that everything relevant is a fucking archetype
>all new archetypes work with their cards alone
Imagine being this wrong.

Attached: 1506675629398.png (453x413, 268K)

>pretty much requiring a deck to have a consistent spell removal to get rid a scales
You mean like what people were doing anyways?

Dragon Ruler era was cancer, literally unbeatable by any deck that wasn't dragon rulers. Prime Drulers are unbeatable.
They slap Zoodiacs
Nekroz
Tele-DAD
Frog FTK
Burning Abyss
Infernities
Only deck that goes even with them is Performapals at full power

>the actual problem with archtypes these days is that some are made for the duel links
I dunno about that. They've said before that they don't make cards specifically for Duel Links although I don't know how much I believe them. Sometimes Konami just prints bad cards

>reading an essay to understand what the monsters do
>have to use your smart phone every turn to check rulings
>having to deal with literal retards calling "priority"

yikes

Attached: 51xIQ-e8tTL[1].jpg (300x433, 36K)

I'm curious how hard J-Day spellbooks would have dominated had they not come out with dragon rulers.

Attached: SpellbookofJudgment-MP14-EN-ScR-1E.png (308x450, 368K)

>E. Dragons vs Peak Performapals
Heaven help us.

Attached: 1464314524545.jpg (228x227, 9K)

Xyz was Synchro but without being forced to balance your deck around turner monsters. That helped plenty of old decks.

>"priority"
This was settled in 2012 after dino rabbit, dumbass.

They only way I could see, without just flatout changing everything about them, would be to give them a ton of support that makes it easier to get them out and gives them more abilities and protection. Like worshipers giving a god power through faith or something. I know Ra's Disciple is already kinda like that because it summons itself but it only really works once and it still doesn't do anything to buff the actual card.

Considering not one of them is relevant even in Duel Links...

Reminder that Ra NEVER won a duel in the anime.

Probably the worst era in Yugioh. It was literally Drulers> Spellbooks and Spellbooks> everything else.
Spell books could go +9 but that didn't matter when Dragons get a full board off of one card, if. It gets wiped they do it again.

>No Vampire Hunter archetype
Come on, Konami. I don't even care if it's good. I just want something

Attached: Vampire Hunter.png (310x450, 361K)

This is a lie.

The video I saw was that whoever went first won.

Which is the best ace Yea Forums?

Attached: 1553993528016.jpg (1352x2961, 1.98M)

>inb4 MUH BANNED

Attached: Firewall Dragon.jpg (464x672, 116K)

I dropped the game after XYZ/Pendulums to play Magic The Gathering.

Wasn't easy, but I did it.

Attached: Good girl - Gone better.jpg (1344x942, 401K)

This topic will get deleted while a MTG topic stays till limit

DM and Stardust. Utopia also looks pretty cool but I know jackshit about Zexal
Neos is a chinese bootleg E-Hero
Odd-eyes looks fucking goofy in every single of the 99 forms it has
And Decode Talker's only there because Firewall Dragon is a fucking war crime printed on cardboard

Neos is the worst. Seriously, fuck neos. It ruined Jaden's deck.

Zoomers fuck off

Shouldn't Sora be here by now and shitposting how XYZ and Synchro are shit?

>all these haters taking shots at the throne

git gud

Attached: 1550096398617.jpg (590x590, 152K)

Look user, we all know that filthy Xyz users are subhuman trash and deserve to be eradicated. I don't see why you need a little boy to tell you that

>pendulum ruined it
>link saved it

I'm also a Vanguard player.
I dropped YGO but come back to YGOPRO randomly to test out new decks for a week every few months

What about making an XYZ version of them with new effects instead of changing the OG's?

They were fun but you can't ignore the negative impact they had on the game, and also a show of Konami's incompetence as they had to GOT though 4 lists to make them not OP because they kept releasing new cards that broke them.

>too scared to fight the XYZ chad
Pathetic

Attached: manga_yugioh_zexal_rank_54_yuma_tsukumo_astral_favor.jpg (480x388, 77K)

Buy Fairy Tails

Attached: Fairy Tails.jpg (1500x1110, 1.34M)

Yuma started out fucking embarrassing though. Astral had to baby him through like every duel at the start. How did he even construct a deck?

Flame Wingman > Stardust > Utopia > Dark Magician > Odd-Eyes > Talker

Attached: SlashDraw-BLRR-EN-UR-1E.png (474x695, 714K)

I REALLY want to see Yuma, Astral, and Barians destroy the filthy Fusion invaders.

Nah....
The game is as good as dead, strangely enough. They have experimented to hell and back with it and it has ended up in a mess.
Bastardized decks made to shit on a bunch of shitty mons in Turn 1, while your opponent waits. By the time you end your turn, your opponent is already in some deep shit. Always the same old formula. Powercreep reigns supreme etc etc. We know the deal.

Attached: 1557811901011.jpg (539x580, 36K)

Based and XYZ-pilled. FUCK fusion and FUCK the Duel Academy

Attached: yugioh-number-f0-utopic-future-wsup-en026-secret-rare-1st-ed-D_NQ_NP_606801-MLM26463121624_112017-F. (814x1119, 225K)

It was the deck of his father

I mean sure, but I was thinking it would be more interesting to make a proper archetype supporting them. Like a worshiper that gives them the ability to not be effected by monster effects, and can sacrifice itself to keep them from being destroyed, or a Priest that can protect them from magic cards and special summon more worshipers. I get that just those won't be enough to do much but that was sorta the theme I was going with.

maximum kek for the rayearth reference

we need more Divine Beasts in the gamer in general
we have 4 and only the Blue Chunky Boy is worth a shit

That was what made them balanced. I'd like Xyz more if they did more with the rank-up magic spell gimmick and weakened individual Xyz to make rank-ups more viable, especially the rank 4 toolbox.

The era after the big Ruler hits, like after the Sixth Sense ban, was one of the best in the game. Would've been the best with a few tweaks. As is, early-mid 5Ds era was best. Synchros were good without resorting to shit like Quasar spam.

That's why XYZ was horseshit
When it was synchro you could always have a pretty good idea of the potential synchro summon your opponent might be able to do at any given time; as well as what synchros they would have in their extra deck as the typical staple synchros. It was "I think my opponent will do one of these 3 things, and I have prepared for any of them with these things", it was a cerebral game that rewarded foresight.

When XYZ followed it just made the game into a fucking slot machine where you could never know or anticipate what the opponent could have on their field by the end of their turn because there were hundreds of possibilities and combinations. It came down to "my opponent could do literally anything, and I have no idea what it will be until they do it so I can't prepare for it". It was just a fucking arms race and games weren't fun at all.

that must have been after my time, I don't even know what a pendulum is but it must have been fucking awful

Old Yugioh - Dark Magician

New Yugioh - Magic the Gathering

Attached: Nordon.png (305x450, 368K)

>Fucking pendulums were way worse,
Most pendulum decks are fucking garbage

Junk Warrior > Stardust > the rest > Odd-Eyes >>> Neos

Attached: JunkWarrior-DAR.png (256x256, 42K)

guess

Attached: Decode talker Junk Warrior.jpg (2000x1407, 2.2M)

Wait, why would you want to raise the Rank of Nyarla?

I don't know why, but YGO really makes me cringe so much even though I used to play comp Pokemon TCG and nowadays play MTG. YGO just seems like that edgy teenadger incarnate.

The only problem with xyz is they made too many toolbox cards with no summon restrictions. Being able to use your shitty same level field for something better wasn't a bad idea and really revived a lot of old decks for a while until they powercreeped them

>somehow huge variety and a lot of possibilities is a bad thing
And there were plenty of staple XYZs. People always used Utopia, number 101 and similar. It was predictable.

I started collecting cards because I always wanted these cards as kid. I can't wait to fill up my portfolio with mostly dragon cards.

Attached: card.jpg (1500x768, 388K)

Read Azathot.

I really should put my cards in sleeves, I just keep them in a shoebox in plastic bags.

Synchro Summoning is a kino move. I had never seen much of the anime beyond like, half of GX. Just started to catch back up though. 5D's is good shit.

This dragon is my dude.

Attached: Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend.jpg (480x480, 65K)

while there's a thread like this up, do older ass cards from this have any value in current year?
I have a bunch of old ones. A lot are shitty commons but a good chunk are some holographics and some promo holographcis that came with various vidya

Attached: HotRedDragonArchfiendAbyss-DUPO-EN-UR-1E.png (684x998, 1.73M)

Flame Wingman>Junk Warrior>Decode Talker>Dark Magician Girl

This is your Link Shooting Star Dragon.

Attached: Firewall Dragon Darkfluid.webm (666x372, 2.96M)

What kind of binder is that?

In order of coolest to worst

>Stardust Dragon
>Decode Talker
>Dark Magician
>Number 39 Utopia
>Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
>Elemental HERO Neos

>he's back from the banlist
>and he's fucking pissed

Got enough BRDs?

>Blue Eyes white Dragon support is Synchro
>Dark Magician support is XYZ
What did they mean by this? Who would win in a duel using modern cards?

Attached: SHVIENSE1.jpg (1418x2013, 370K)

>do older ass cards from this have any value in current year?
No. Well some do but those are very specific editions of certain cards.

I like how Decode Talker and Firewall Dragon are so good that two his new aces are just shittier versions of them.

You shouldn't use Dark Magician as your example when he has like 8 different artworks, I think half of them are done by Takahaski too

Attached: Valkyrie Anime TCG.jpg (2496x2080, 1.91M)

Nirvana High Paladin, I think

Red Dragon Archfiend, it's other forms and Resonators are so cool.

Attached: HotRedDragonArchfiendBane-DUPO-EN-UR-1E.png (1095x1599, 3.24M)

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DA81HYQ/
Deck Builder's Premium PRO-Binder. It's sturdy as hell, and I don't regret buying it. A sleeved card will fit perfectly into those pages.

Its never enough.

Attached: Shitty attempt to create her in some obscure mmo.jpg (1246x928, 299K)

Nah, he's beaten by Endymion now. Has around 183 words

Attached: file.png (878x1280, 2.09M)

>FT - Snow banned
MILL MY DECK INTO PIECES

Attached: 1524014951905.png (1000x1093, 612K)

Meant to quote the first one to

Attached: pro-deck-builder-ultra-pro-deck-builders-premium-480-card-binder-pops-culture-shoppe.jpg (718x800, 375K)

I just got this guy today. He's a pretty big guy. I'm slowly but surely tracking down more Red support.

I dig his look. Big ol' face on his chest like Micenean War Beast.

Yugioh is still 99% anime characters

Thanks. Nice dragon waifu

Attached: 1489970912016.png (350x400, 550K)

Are you just gonna ignore the mecha musume archetype that wrecks face?

If your deck can beat top tier but doesn't have cute girls, did you really even win?

Attached: 1463159622798.png (600x600, 264K)

Nah

My deck has the cutest girls.

Attached: Really makes my Link arrows point.jpg (800x483, 85K)

But can it actually beat any of the top decks?

Attached: 1463095386565.png (1200x1636, 2.41M)

peak skull servants with 3 lawnmower was absolute kino

>Blue eyes are light monsters
>synchros are white
>Dark Magicians are typically...Dark
>XYZs are black
Deep lore

Probably not. It's some basic Cyberse shit that doesn't use Salamangreats or anything.

i dislike mtg because they ban cards due to age

>modern doesn't exist
>legacy doesn't exist

>""""""sales"""""" can be upwards of $50
If it was an official TCG online game, I'd understand somewhat, but people spending that kind of money on mobileshit/mobileshit port is disgusting.

>Fusion is currently the meta in DL
FUSION STRONK !!!

There's more than one format in mtg

soul vs soulless

good luck with getting all the support cards
but Nordon is an exception not the rule. I could show you lots of Cards that don't look like MTG cards.

Attached: SuperQuantalMechKingGreatMagnus-WIRA-EN-ScR-1E.png (548x800, 800K)

Lunalights are cool, but I wish their gameplay was something more than turboing out Leodancer and that their fusions had more variety in card effects so they aren't basically just for going into the next one up

yeah but theres only one format that matters.

I wish yugioh had formats like this so one side of the player base can use beat sticks while the other side can be happy with their otk's.

May I see it?

Edh?

I fuse my Magic Mallet with my Time Wizard using Polymerization!

What are the current meta decks? I haven't been following the meta for some time

>Tfw your deck was supposed to be about giant monsters
>Tfw it just ended up being 2 cute girls, their pet dragons, and a classroom of dead little girls

Attached: DLdsThfUMAA_JCQ.jpg (592x796, 106K)

>ages 30 years to unlock its full potential
>can ban 1 card per either players turn
>does not target

Send link please

Sabre Dancer tries to fill that niche, but for something based on laddering into a fusion it's incredibly amazing how much you can break your own effects to dodge your opponen't shit. They're finally safe going second in most matchups.

Attached: 1463084606686.jpg (1000x784, 140K)

smug card

Attached: file.png (407x593, 504K)

Salamangreat because its 2nd main character's deck.

Attached: SOULBURNER.webm (638x360, 369K)

What do pure LL lists look like now with the new support? I can only ever find danger! shit or things that make me autoclose when I see someone not running 3x blacksheep, throwing their credibility in the trash.

GX should have stuck with Flame Wingman.

>Who would win in a duel using modern cards?
Kaiba
>Dangers
>Blue eyes
>Guardragons
>New blue-eyes fusion that destroy 3 cards inmune to targeting effects

>Red-Eyes B. Dragon
>The B stands for Black
>Red-Eyes like Dark Magician are Dark Type
>Both get an Xyz form
The lore keeps going.
GX should have kept going with Flame Wingman getting new forms by fusing with other hero monsters. like how Shining Flare Wingman was made from it plus Sparkman.

Attached: RedEyesFlareMetalDragon-LDK2-EN-UR-1E.png (476x695, 821K)

my favorite deck is digital bugs. it is unforgivable

Komoney can't stop making BEWD high tier and won't make DM above shit, so Kaiba easily.

Good thing I just made this, though past the top tier it gets a little OPINIONS:
>Tier 1 - Thunder Dragons, Salamangreats, Sky Strikers
>Tier 2 - Orcusts, Subterror Control, Endymion Pendulum Magicians, Dinosaurs
>Tier 3 - Mystic Mine Burn, Altergeists, Nekroz, Invoked Mekk-Knight, Trickstars, True Draco

Attached: my-image.png (1280x732, 1.57M)

I've always hated how mtg art always just looked like people cosplaying

Having good taste is not a sin

Firewall shouldve been the ace. It breaks the 2500 atk ace tradition

Post Flame Wingman GX was Cringe

Attached: Season_4.webm (640x480, 2.77M)

>I hate how humans look like humans and other creatures that are basically humans look like humans
What?

decode isnt ace

Lunalights without Danger! support suck dick though.
Plus there's literally no reason to run Black Sheep with the new support.
I have a competitive list that you won't like to see, but I can tell you that Chick, Tiger, Marten, and Wolf are the big playmakers

>posting outdated

Attached: 300px-FirewallDragonDarkfluid-CHIM-JP-OP.png (300x437, 333K)

>Blue eyes
>Table 100
Pure blue-eyes true, but it is rogue at least if you slap danger and guardragons

That's some cosmo brain shit right there

Attached: 1557587670724.png (510x366, 115K)

i have all the quantals from my old deck, are they completely dead now? links means their normal summon mthod doesnt work right?

Attached: 20190518_094910.jpg (3264x2448, 2.8M)

Fire Wall is also fucking banned so maybe they should have thought about actual card design before making it

Literally any other Guardragon deck is going to outplay Brick Eyes. How can they get past table 100 if Thunder Dragons, Crusadia, and Pendulum Magicians get an easy win on them?

is this card super busted

>tfw the next mc for Yugioh will be a primary/elementary schooler, again, for the next 3 year
Yusaku had a good run.

Attached: Yusei and Yusaku.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

I don't care if they're bad without the danger engine, I don't want to run that. I've always hated splashing engines into decks.
If black sheep has been replaced by new support, then what do they look like now?

>he doesn't know

oh yeah, obviously i run a bit of cheese

No.

Attached: Today is the day I remind you of the Arc V Manga ending.png (476x693, 228K)

>Yubel on Quants

Huh?

Their new support was great but they are pretty much forced to play the BriFu engine and even then they have trouble consistently ending on a Magnus

how do you beat it then

I don't get it.

You're a massive faggot in a world of outsiders mocking xenophobic decks. There's nothing wrong with teching in going first plays in a deck that would otherwise lose on the dice roll.
That said, I tried my best.

Attached: Untitled.png (929x643, 873K)

Any type of removal. Not to mention getting it out in the first place might be a hassle since it needs two level sevens.

Yuzu is Yuya's mother

There needs to be a ygopro equivalent to cardfight

The implication is that Yuzu (the girl) traveled back in time and met Yusho (her love interests father) and somehow ended together so she became her love interests mother.

Attached: ass blassum.png (402x586, 389K)

But it was Yuya that went back in time

I'm going to play Darklords and none of you nerds are going to stop me!

Yuzu live in the past. Yuya was the time traveler from the future.

Agreed. All cardfight has right now can best be described as the middle ground between Dueling Book and ygopro with an added traversable lobby and sleeves

yubel is just fun to run. i also side deck pricess of tsurugi in every deck i run. i dont want to be ultra competitive, heck i ran skull servants who while good were famine or feast

Sky striker is rogue at best after the kagari hit. Ain't coming back from that one either for a long time.

>FIRE ace monster never ever

>Mystic mine burn
>Dont put a picture of mystic mine

one job

The nerds at your locals will

The problem with yu gi oh is that decks that are competitive aren't made creatively out of the whole library of the game. Unlike Magic, there is no way to make a mix of say Zombie Wizards or some shit, because the card effects are too fucking strict to make any kind of fun jank deck.

Also, Synchros and Xyz summons where hot fucking garbage powercreep to the max. It just involved using your first turn to summon 3 shitty monsters no one ever uses for actual combat, clearing the board for your XYZ summon and then killing your opponent with a 3000k attack.

Every.
Fucking.
Deck.
Does this now.

Every deck is just a pretense to your XYZ super monster clearing the board and killing the bad guy. It's the same game no matter what archetype you are playing.

MUSASHIIIIIII WHY DID YOU FUCKING RUIN BAKIIIII

C-can Repriliannes get support now please Komoney?
In the grand scheme of things simply reducing my opponents cards to 0 attack doesn't seem too strong.

Attached: ReptilianneHydraling-RIRA-JP-OP.png (327x477, 610K)

this reminded me of when i ran the jaden starter deck that had birdman, clayman and fire chick

>synchros and xyz were powercreep
>Every deck is just a pretense to your XYZ super monster clearing the board and killing the bad guy.
Ok grandpa we all know 2012 yugioh isn't your favorite, now go back to bed

That's why my group of friends amd I stuck strictly to draft
Shit was somewhat competitive with the occasional dickery because someone opened some OP shit but for the most part you could consistently beat people you were better than at the game
You didn't have to invest crazy money and got to enjoy the latest mechanics be it good or bad

ygorganization.com/whencutelocalizationbitesyou10yearslater/

Attached: D2f1cyXU0AAj9ce.jpg (1050x740, 270K)

Even Vanguard has multiple formats now.
Yugioh is the one big TCG without some form of officially supported alternate formats

>it's another "I REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS" thread
>it's another "unga bunga me summon summoned skull unga bunga me equip axe of despair" thread
>it's another "NO SYNCHRO NO XYZ NO PENDULUM NO CHAIN LINKS NO META NO GRAVEYARD NO FUN" thread
>it's another "well when /I/ play I [long list of backwards house rules that ruin the game]" thread
>it's another "I Solemn Exodia!" thread
>it's another "my 60 card deck of one-ofs beat peep!" thread
>it's another "why do I need a magnifying glass for a card, and I'm not talking about Reinquished, TER, or Last Turn!" thread
>it's another "archetypes (anything non-generic) killed the game but Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, HFD, Heavy Storm, and the rest of Chaos/Goat staples are totally ok" thread
>it's another "is mirror force banned????" thread
>it's another "monster reborn needs to stay banned" thread
>it's another "Synchros/Xyzs/Pendulums killed the game (forgets Airblade Turbo and DAD Return)" thread
>it's another "holds up summoned skull let me have fun the wrong way" thread
>it's another "any card thats black or white is sin!" thread
>it's another "pls mak dark majishiun gud" thread
>it's another "unga bunga me hate speed and combos" thread
>it's another "unga bunga we need no white" thread
>it's another "I hate extra links" thread
>it's another "I hate settingu scales" thread
>it's another "solemn is negated by jinzo" thread
>it's another "lol remember when he attacked le mooooon" thread
>it's another thread full of anime-only secondaries who miss le "golden" days
>it's another "why do you keep slaughtering my gate guardian deck with these 'ritual beasts', they arent even blue!" thread
>its another "muh kozaky lock" thread
>unga bunga another beatdown only unga thread
>its another "g-guys why can't I use my Stardust Dragon from Starlight Road again???" thread
>its another "Ring of Destruction on Peten!" "w-what do you mean it missed timing???" thread
>its another "flips Despell you activated my trap card!" thread

Attached: candy shota.png (453x413, 191K)

>It just involved using your first turn to summon 3 shitty monsters no one ever uses for actual combat, clearing the board for your XYZ summon and then killing your opponent with a 3000k attack.
YGO was like that way before Synchro and XYZ
t. Ex cyber-dragon OTK player

Cry more butthurt yugidrone. It was never a good card game.

Based candy shota poster

No one important knows what these forced memes are.

Post your waifu

Attached: 1557697918832.jpg (309x450, 44K)

>4 Ghost Rare BRDs
Fuck I want at least one at some point but they're waaaaayyyy too pricey for a card I won't use until MR4 ends

You seem pretty booty blasted over a bunch of nothing

I would, but she's too lewd for TCG.

>loli hydra
Nice.

>magic the virgin gathering
>likes strict rules for his game because he has autism
>complains about power creep in other card games
>needs a new format shoved down his throat every year so he can buy a whole new deck
>cards look like old ass boring paintings from a museum
>3 rounds of playing one land per turn is his definition of fun

>yu-gi-chad
>embraces power creep and complexity due to his 300 IQ brain
>surprise banlists keep the game spicy
>artwork of the gods, inspires creativity in all players
>doesn't need a lot of rules, only card interactions matter
>scoops if he has to play for more than 2 turns, values his time

Attached: 1552353064532.png (360x517, 278K)

>

Attached: Saffira.webm (1280x1024, 1.19M)

>

Attached: 1557530892704.png (429x408, 685K)

It sounds like you miss the old days more than me user.

Can I post my husbando instead?

Attached: WulfLightswornBeast-BLLR-EN-UR-1E.png (475x694, 782K)

I do not like this card, user. It's smug aura mocks me.

I like mines fluffy.

Attached: FolgoJusticeFurHire-SOFU-EN-SR-1E.png (475x695, 723K)

Based

Attached: 1557217983653.jpg (623x702, 177K)

>The game is as good as dead
>Biggest attendance in years at last month's YCS Dusseldorf
What did user mean by this?

Could I get some recommendations on what's needed for a good HERO LINK deck?
Trying to throw one together on the Switch game and I'm not really sure the best way to go about it

Attached: 1066962.jpg (309x450, 39K)

Don't blame you. She's also pretty shit

Attached: 1557531720959.png (1158x1637, 1.66M)

How often do you go into borreload and unicorn? Looking for something cheap to get back into ygo with.

Very rarely. They're mostly contingency plans for floodgates that Leo can't handle.
What I DO go into a lot in my Danger build (which just runs 3 Dogman 3 Mothman) is Rusty Bardiche, because going first the best option the deck has is Bagooska and two Fog Blades.

HOPE > all

>so afraid of the XYZ chads that team up with GX and 5Ds
The absolute STATE of Yugi and Atem

Attached: Yu-Gi-Oh!.full.1604521.jpg (800x561, 573K)

>scoops if he has to play for more than 2 turns, values his time
This but unironically

She and Haine are the only Witchcraft monsters that are actually decent tho.

I think wonder driver is the only useful xtra HERO, but idk.

Isolde is also an option as a generic warrior link

Attached: XtraHEROWonderDriver-LEHD-EN-UR-1E.png (474x691, 774K)

Attached: 56562706_p0.jpg (1447x2047, 1.72M)

I just got the Legacy of the Duelist game for the switch after not having cared about the game since the GBA titles and I can't understand why xyz and synchro both exist and are separate types of summons. I'm also too afraid to find out what pendulum and link summoning is.

I managed to get a hold of 1 Wonder Driver and 2 Dread Decimators
I'll look into Isolde though and see if I can get a few of those

Attached: 51gmIblaPkL.jpg (344x500, 61K)

>I just got the Legacy of the Duelist
I'm sorry

>that sweet month when gateway was at 3 when six sams were new
Holy shit that month was crazy

Attached: __harpie_queen_yuu_gi_ou_drawn_by_shouma_bravespiritya__c3684172a3f43e80946a07dc6e52bfdc.jpg (827x1169, 1.04M)

Do you mind posting that profile or what you would cut in favor of those? Also how bricky would you say the deck is? Anything better than Ritual Beast is fine by me so most decks.

Good riddance, that card was cancer incarnate.

Synchro is sending two or more monsters to the grave, who fulfill the conditions on the synchro card while their levels sum up to the level of the synchro monster, to summon it. Xyz is overlaying 1 or more monsters, who fulfill the conditions of the Xyz monster, to summon it. Just new summon types to actually make use of the extra deck, think of it as cards that are always accessible, you don't have to draw into them.

Why?

This is the worst fucking card game if only because it's annoying to read the cards. "hey bro idk what your card does let me put on my reading glasses and spend 10 minutes deciphering what the fuck it's trying to say"

>I'd like Xyz more if they did more with the rank-up magic spell gimmick and weakened individual Xyz to make rank-ups more viable, especially the rank 4 toolbox.
Yeah this. It would've slowed down the power creep significantly if they gave OP abilities to shit actually required effort to summon rather than just slapping them on rank 4s.

the thing about card games (or strategy games in general) is that the super mega awesome card is usually gonna end up being shit because it's more focused on looking cool at a glance than it is on being remotely playable whereas simple, effective cards that probably only made it through testing because it was only played in a vacuum or because it was just some random card in an anime character's deck can completely ass ravage the meta.

Attached: 331667.jpg (308x450, 31K)

This is the build I run IRL, though for friendlies I tend to throw in more one-of Lunalight techs over the Panks and Ash Blossoms.
In terms of subs, there's not a lot of extra deck space you really need to use. Maybe add in Beat Cop for a bit of protection, but otherwise just generic link-2s or maybe Abyss Dweller.

Attached: Untitled.png (923x793, 1.03M)

Why wasting money in a game that is as slow (or even more) that the GBA games and has god awful graphics and animations? YGOpro is free, fast and it got all the cards. Even mobile shit like Duel Links is better than Legacy of the Duelist youtu.be/NKM-YKA9OO0?t=202

As opposed to "hey bro idk what your card does let me pull out my dictionary and figure out what the fuck that keyword is trying to say?"

No, kaijus exist

You got shinobirds shut up and be happy
You got chemicritters shut up and be happy

Also, if there ever would be some broken card that has protection from literally everything, people would find a way to summon it on their first turn consistently, so it would have to be banned again. Actually good boss monsters can't exist in card games.

This was my deck, god I miss 2001 yugioh

Where the FUCK can a filthy Canadian like me watch VRAINS episodes?

gogoanime

Cipher soldier

Utopia>Neos>DM>FW>Talker>Odd-Eyes>>>>>>Firewall.

that's not what he said

Hi guys
Hope you didn't just active a useful S/T right now...

Attached: tumblr_og92a7GujO1uiowh0o1_640 (1).png (565x800, 1.14M)

For one, I like having a game that everything in it can't be unlocked with real money

Reminder that Synchro is the most based summoning mechanic, fuck fusionfags and xyzfags

Release to real life when?

Attached: genesis_omega_dragon_by_minheragon_dcuputn-fullview.png (600x875, 944K)

Synchrofags get out
Yea Forums is a FUSION-ONLY BOARD

>Nekroz are still relevant

I haven't kept up with this game since links...fucking how?

Attached: 1523833126201.png (890x661, 166K)

Haven't seen a recent Nekroz Deck profile but I can only assume it involves these guys

Attached: file.png (477x695, 664K)

>getting cucked by your dad
Jesus.

What if they make a new rule for when they're summoned, something like summoning them returns all monsters on the opponent's field to the hand/back to the deck or some shit?

Guys Im going to play a national this weekend do you like my deck should I change something?

Attached: cancergeist.jpg (891x954, 445K)

A couple of cards went limited or semi-limited.

It does. If you thought Pre-Prep was a godsend for ritual decks, Impcantations are leagues better.

Consider Demise of the Land if running Mine. Other than that? Typhoon.

I scammed a Secret Rare Ash Blossom from a literal retard at my locals
I guess he pulled it randomly and it was sitting their in his shoebox of cards, untouched among water damaged and ripped cards
Guy had no idea what he had and someone else would have probably jumped on it if wasn't straight up destroyed by his shitty card treatment
I traded him 3 common BEWD'd for it and he got super giddy to get them for his "Dragon Deck"
Call it a sin but I'd argue this was the best result of the situation for both of us

Attached: 1548905022360.jpg (850x797, 72K)

I don't play many decks that have waifus in them but I really like this one.

Attached: SPYRALMasterPlan-INOV-EN-SR-1E.png (688x1015, 1.73M)

that was me
its fake retard :^)

Synchro was an awful idea that somehow turned out okay. XYZ was a great idea that broke the game for way too long before they smoothed it out.

It's a really fine line. As someone who's been on the shit end of trades in the past, I think people need to be more lenient on trades in general. I made some stupid trade, some card of value for comparative trash (but not necessarily financial trash because secondary markets are a joke), but it was trash that I wanted.

Attached: 1557362389786.jpg (960x704, 41K)

>mfw my grown-ass adult ex-boyfriend couldn't grasp how Synchro summoning worked.

Just count the stars, nigga.

Metaverse is my pick because it works with multifaker

Pendulums were a horrible concept and somehow got even worse
Links seemed like the end times at first but ended out tolerable at best and an unnessisary annoyance at worst

You do realize that forehead girl is common, now?

When the fuck do we any Cardfight games, christ.

We got the 3DS ones and the switch game is coming out in fall.

NEOS. FUSION!

YOU FOOL!

This was right around the release of Maximum Crisis when it was the only printing and went for around $80
Once the reprint got announced in the Kaiba collection I sold it second hand for $65

cold wave glads was the real top ygo

I refuse to believe there wasn't a better way to get neos out even back then than going minus 4

You just have to found a way to drop Elemental HERO Necroshade into the GY (Foolish Burial which was made back in 2003 for Japan and come out in the TCG in like 2006) and then you can summon Neos without Tributing any monsters.

>three year gap between OCG and TCG releases

Making me really nervous about getting Coders and Shootingcode Talker now.

It's like a 3 month gap for most sets now.

>Jap name is outer god azathoth
>its literally fucking azathoth
>can wipe out all of existence with a thought
>less attack than a fucking emo wizard

Explain

>there are people in this thread who didn't buy judai's figure

Attached: 1539213957657.jpg (600x840, 132K)

Then where's my Shootingcode Talker? How can I autistically complete the set in English?

I bought Yusei's instead.

>egyptian god cards
>literal deities with divine attributes
>less attack than a big dragon
rally mak u think

Attached: 805106.jpg (309x450, 51K)

Why the fuck they printed Valkyries?

Did anyone even saw that Siegfried fag and say, "Yes, I want his deck"

But the dragon is five-headed. How could you possibly compete with that? FIVE heads!

I like this card

Attached: main-qimg-c22cfe114ba63ec470b828f9dc6fdffc-c.jpg (300x441, 36K)

Posting cardgame kino:
youtube.com/watch?v=uPZo2jITIho
youtube.com/watch?v=G1M0pFKFNBc
youtube.com/watch?v=RheEUCT_fOk
youtube.com/watch?v=GHzioi9BOGA

Promos are another issue entirely. Konami's TCG division doesn't do well with promos, especially after Jump shit the bed.
Usually we have to wait until March and July for promo prints.

With 6 bullets.

>The D
This man's duel with Aster was great.

Attached: Where is the Ultimate D.jpg (500x376, 63K)

just started playing yugioh(bought the switch game). the fuck is a side deck?

>try to play the game
>enemy goes first
>his turn literally lasts like 10 minutes as he mills/shuffles his deck 50 million times
>by the time its my turn, he's got a full field and just cancels anything I do with his monster/card effects
>turn 3 I scoop because i didn't even get to play a card
Fun game to be honest

Matches are played best of 3 games. Between games you can sub in cards from your side deck, to help you in that matchup.

Then go first next time. Jeez.

>let opponent go off
>act surprised when your opponent wins
Learn to use hand traps and kaijus, retard.

it's not like it fucking matters anyways. Konami just bans the old cards that are actually good and everybody just plays newer archetypes since they're usually naturally stronger than everything else that came before it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rg6CiPI6h2g

Chances are you both have the "go first set up big board, go second scoop " retardation but he just won the coinflip

modern MTG art is pretty wack. the old shit is where it's at.

Attached: ncYLGdMJhArRPyL5r40C08d_pFdVpDNl-Wfc7XPaLM0.jpg (782x618, 169K)

Examples?

Yeah, I would play ungabunga 1800 level 4 beat format

I'm reading the text, but I can't seem to workout exactly what Pot of Greed does. Can you recommend me a children's cartoon that might help explain it's complicated effect?

That's why Pokemon and/or Magic is the way to go senpai.

No, not really. No matter how hard to try you can never make an actual match play out like in the show.

In the show, god cards were slow to summon and then generally just hard to remove. Real matches are too quick, and real players actually run efficient removal. To make a god card good it would need some kind of ability to instantly kill the opponent, but that's not the kind of imposing enemy boss feel the show had. So you could just give them a ridiculous amount of protection, but then to be fair they'd need to be slow and you'd lose before ever getting it out.

Here comes the big boy and destroy 3 cards making me draw 3 cards in the process ohh you think Is over de-synchro bitch I do that again.

Attached: .resized_450x450_Junk_Destroyer.jpg (450x450, 60K)

Oversoul?

Umm, that should never be an issue. They would just take 2 or 3 idea and combine it.

Water turtle says hi

Attached: AltergeistDragvirion-JP-Anime-VR.png (615x895, 720K)

>The New Legacy of the Duelist doesn't have some cards even though said cards are already out in both the TCG and OCG
thank god I waited until the english release for that garbage game so I can save my money.

You know, musical score matters to me and the whole part where they trying to be "hip" with the young generation with shitty rock music was a giant fuck you.

Well I already destroyed 6 cards of yours and draw 6 cards, and you kaiju me? You dont know even know the card or the combo lol

just imagine if you was this stupid

dont know what too do since ss is banned and the raidraptor link or fiber is not here. i'm a sad bird bro guys

>Going -4 for Neos

Attached: fallinghare3.jpg (540x392, 28K)

You don't see anyone playing Bujins, Infernities or Wind-ups anymore. They've been power crept out of existence either by banlists or by new cards/archtypes that do the same thing as them but better.

*blocks your path*

Attached: QuintetMagician-DUPO-EN-UR-1E.png (695x1000, 1.86M)

>can still be banished or send to the graveyard
its shit
SHIT

>-6 to get solemn warning'd.

No, user. Solemn Warning doesn't work that way against Fusion summnoning.

*pew pew*

Attached: 51K8SzngBHL.jpg (281x500, 33K)

At least Dragunity and Quantal got solid support.
Plus Dragunity got Guardragon which helps them do more than turbo out 1-2 Crystal Wing pass.
Monarch just needs some shit off then limited list.

Fire Fists link is pretty awesome.
Lets you use effects that use Fire Formations as cost without actually paying the cost. So you can do shit like popping your own Tiger King for his float effect multiple times in a turn. Ojama link helps facilitate the Knight + King zone lock. Geargia still hasn't gotten shit though.

Yugioh is everything. Edgy teen shit, cute shit, waifu shit, weird ass goofy shit.
Thats what I like about it personally. I can have my edgy fallen angels deck in the same box as my transforming household electronics deck.

Attached: Rescute Rescue.jpg (544x544, 141K)

Why hello there

Attached: A1BBI%2BSstRL._SY606_.jpg (417x606, 79K)

>rescue archetype
Deepest lore

Its actually one of the main reason why I like Yugioh so much. There no limitation as to what will appear as a monster card. Hell, we got Merlin and his shit knights exist in the same universe as aliens and cyber space.

And I forgot the image.

Attached: 1199148.jpg (309x450, 36K)

I invested in Noble Knights early on and got 3 Medraut when it was expensive and a Drystan at sneak but I kinda had a bad feeling the deck was all hype so I sold that shit when it was high.
No regrets. Noble Knights have such rad art but its just so meh to play. Plus Konami cucked anyone who bought into the deck with Merlin and his expensive box of reprints of all the shit you already got but in the worst rarity ever.

Love the art

Attached: 3.png (550x550, 472K)

>Look who came out of his cave!

Attached: So I heard you like Wizard of Oz and Star Wars. Lets combine them.jpg (658x960, 214K)

Kosmo in Duel Links WHEN

youtube.com/watch?v=tyrKeThaEJM

>stopped following the game right before syncros came around
>now we're so far past those that there are more mechanics I don't recognize than ones that I do

Attached: 1541499062309.gif (356x356, 953K)

My main nigga penguin soldier still dabs on people even today. I've had that bad boy since Joeys starter deck was first released and even when im dead i'll never get rid of him.

What was the point of nerfing him so hard when you knew links were going to be a thing?

Attached: GBTE.png (813x1185, 1.32M)

If I had enough money and fucks to spare, I'd just collect all the Blue Eyes themed cards.

I hope you like Bingo

Attached: bingo.jpg (962x611, 76K)

yep, should've stopped at xyz,link monsters ruined yugioh for me with all the new BS rules

>30 bucks
Literally nothing. Come back when that shit is hitting 4 figures.

I don't play, but that does seem useful if you're trying to get to Blue Eyes Shining Dragon or whatever the new hotness is.

Speaking of Hotness, did Ancient Egyptian Kaiba's waifu ever get a card?

pic related

Attached: FlameGhostLOB-NA-R-1E.jpg (400x580, 62K)

If you're referring to Maiden with Eyes of Blue, she was release years ago.

Attached: 1430352074593.png (1000x800, 464K)

Post aces

Attached: 51Gnlm0s2RL (1).jpg (344x500, 58K)

Why Lv7? I know Chazz used it more than Lv10 but it's still so oddly specific.

like three or four

this plus number 66 key beetle's effect

Attached: 56986_200w.jpg (200x290, 26K)

Because Lv7 is actually reasonable and Lv10 is absolute shit.

Is this designed to be the spellcaster variant of 5-headed dragon?

Based XYZ poster

Why is the new number card not a Melodious monster? Why didn't Melodious have any Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum cards?

"Why didn't Melodious" is a question I wonder a lot.

Current Odd-eyes builds absolutely rekt the other aces' archetypes

Attached: 321321322.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

I set one card face down.

Attached: set card.gif (427x427, 155K)

Well it does, but you'd have to Warning the fusion spell so it wouldn't really be a -6.

I love World Legacy but am too much of a brainlet to make sense of the finale in DANE

>once per turn
This is what has truly killed YGO.

To be fair, back in the day the TCG didn't like printing cards that were released in non-supplemental sets (like the original series of Structure decks) that they knew would go straight to Limited for the next banlist because people hated that shit. That's literally the only reason for some cards having such a long gap between the JP and US release.

Or if they're complete trash OCG exclusives. They can take forever to give us those but nobody cares because they're trash. This card was released in the third Arc-V set and didn't come out in the TCG until 2018 because they couldn't find a place to actually put it that wouldn't cause people to bitch about it being a shit card.

Attached: 1526844020312.png (474x693, 839K)

>performapal odd-eyes synchron
They shouldn't be allowed to name a card by mashing 3 different archetype names together

Yes.

>give my opponents Pot of Desires
>they use it every time
>use Side Effects?
>they pick 3 every time
>Trickstar Reincarnation Trickstar Reincarnation Trickstar Reincarnation Present Card
Gimmicky as hell but fun to pull off.

Maybe he was designed before Links were made.

MR4 fucked this card, what were they thinking

They weren't thinking.

I don't care

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (698x1000, 188K)

ok homo lmao. Irou and special summon Kizan

Attached: 1548411315237.png (400x585, 467K)

Can someone here give me a quick rundown about the xyz, links, and pendulum mechanics?

>MR4
>Thinking

so quick question for duel link players.
is karakuri worth spending my 2800 stones on to make a deck on as a new player. i loved gem knights but it doesn't have strong cards

Yugioh cards are fucking ugly. Even the text is just an unformatted mass.

I feel like the one fucking guy who actually liked Platinum Rare. It's so ugly and gaudy that I can't help but like it. Same with the Platinum Secret rares. I will fully admit that PSR only looked good on the Xyz monsters and it looked like trash on Odd Eyes.

NO

No. Build Samurai.

really love the art art and card but why is a MTG card on Yea Forums

no joke aside, the art doesn't say yugioh for me but more mtg

>is karakuri worth spending my 2800 stones on to make a deck on as a new player.

Attached: 1514940579886.jpg (235x215, 6K)

>2800
Nowhere near enough.

Xyz is 2+ monsters of the same level. Monsters used for the summon get put under the Xyz monster, usually for effect use
Link is 2+ monsters. Arrows on card make Extra monster zones that allow you to summon monsters from the ED

Pendulum is the most convoluted and requires the most explanation but easy enough to understand after you see it once.
Basically you have monsters that can be treated as spells. When they're destroyed, they go onto the top of the ED face up.
These cards have scale numbers, and when you have 2 of them in your S/T zone, you can summon monsters from your hand or face up from your ED with levels between the 2 scale numbers. ex. A scale of 1 and a scale of 5 allows you to summon monsters with levels of 2,3, and 4.
Pendulum summoning a face up monster from the ED counts as an ED summon in MR4, so that monster goes in your Extra Monster zone.

Attached: zarg the big card.png (446x617, 11K)

>xyz
You over lay two card or more with the same level to special summon a black card with the rank of those level. If you use two level 4, you summon a rank 4. They become "ammo" to use the black card's effect.

>links
Meet the requirement to summon Link monster and you summon it to the field. Due to the new rule about having a extra monster zone, you need link to get more than one extra monster into the field. You summon them (xyz, fusion, synchro) into the arrow it points.

xyz - essentially spell-less fusion on the field, read card's requirements: usually x cards of level y, place xyz card in Extra monster zone or monster zone with arrows pointing at it, then take those number of cards on the field and put them under the xyz card, and those cards underneath are now "material" when can be "spent" by the xyz card by tossing materials into the GY. Also, xyz cards have "rank" instead of levels
pendulum - put pendulum cards in pendulum zones, once per turn, you can special summon any cards in the hand or on top of extra deck that has a level between the numbers (pendulum scales) into the regular monster zones (or extra monster if on extra deck), also pendulum monsters when destroyed are placed on top of the extra deck face up, not the GY
Links - "tribute" X number of monsters equal to number of arrows on card, place in extra monster zone, anywhere the arrow points you can summon monsters from the extra deck

Pendulum Link monsters when?

>karakuri
>in Duel Links
lol

>XYZ
You put two monsters with the same level on top of each other to summon an XYZ monster. Those monsters then become known as materials, which XYZ can detach to activate their effects.
>Pendulum
Monsters that are also spell cards. You can summon them as they were regular monsters or place them face-up on specific S/T zones and they have distinct effects depending on where they are. If you have two pendulums in your S/T zones, you can do a pendulum summon, which involves summoning any number of monsters from your hand whose levels are between the scales of the pendulum monsters (the numbers over the triangles). Also when they leave the field, they're placed face-up on the extra deck where you can summon them again when you pen. summon.
>Links
With Links came Master Rule 4, which states you can only have one monster summoned from the extra deck at a time in one of two specific monster zones, or a zone a Link monster points to. Link monsters have these arrows which point to monster card zones and they allow you to summon more than one extra deck monster at a time.

wha do
i hate sam now

>Pendulum summoning a face up monster from the ED counts as an ED summon in MR4, so that monster goes in your Extra Monster zone.
I think this is the thing I hate most about MR4. It's so fucking dumb and completely removes the gimmick of shitty pendulum decks.

Build Aromages (they're basically 100% F2P since all the needed monsters are in the card trader) and wait for the next meta deck to drop.

BIG

Attached: il_794xN.1169556219_2x7b.jpg (794x1132, 167K)

Is this even legal?

Pendulum was a disaster and it needed to be contained. It's not like pendulum decks stopped being relevant following MR4 anyway. Also just run electrumite lol

How are they going to nerf Links once they introduce the next big summoning gimmick? Everything Extra Deck-related revolves around Links so I can't imagine it being easy to top that.

FUCK ELECTRUMITE

What the fuck is MR4?

For me, it's super quant

Master Rule 4

they fucked the game's rules and called it an upgrade

Based, Flame Wingman was the true ace card.

master rule 4

master rule is synchro
master rule 2 is xyz
master rule 3 is dogshit
master rule 4 is horseshit

>Neos gets a 1 card Gay Pride Neos and other cards to make Neos halfway playable
>still no Vanilla E Hero or Flame Wingman retrains

Attached: file.png (838x1199, 653K)

is farytale deck worth building in duel link?

hey fuck you MR3 didn't break anything. hopefully MR5 comes along soon and fixes links by making them optional to do non-link extra deck summons.

No, anything not meta in duel links is fucking garbage in PvP and waste of gems.

Konami changed the game board in 2017 alongside introducing Link monsters. Main takeaways are:
>Monsters special summoned from the extra deck must be summoned to either extra monster zone or a monster card zone a link monster points to. These include monsters pendulum summoned from the extra deck.
>Pendulum zones now occupy space in the regular S/T zones instead of being their own thing.

Attached: Playing_area_New_Master_Rules.png (760x448, 625K)

I'm assuming you mean the Gold Castle stuff, which in case, no, it's a meme deck.
If you're looking for something to take you up the ladder, Six Sams, Red Eyes, Neos, Ancient Gears, or even a terrible sub-human burn deck would be better

if you're willing to just throw money at the game, Neos Red Eyes is fucking disgusting.

Pre-xyz/synchro was top yugioh gameplay. When you actually had to sacrifice monsters to summon bigger ones and you couldn't do five thousand special summons every turn.
And then they went full retard with pendulums and whatever they did after that. Links? I gave up on yugioh after pendulums.

Attached: 9.jpg (480x360, 24K)

i fucking hate using what everyone uses. i wish we had more archtype or something fun atleast and not

NEO NEO NEO RED EYE BLUE EYES GEARS over and over again

so you stopped playing in 2003? you should look into GOAT format.

lol

>activates dimension fusion for the 6th time that turn

Attached: DarkMagicianofChaos-DR2-EN-UR-UE.png (276x403, 333K)

I hate that yugioh turned into predefined sets of cards that only work with each other. It started way back with shit like elemental heroes and dark world. It's a shameless marketing trick to make people buy more cards in order to get all the cards for a particular set.

I miss the days when the cards were all general purpose and you combined them in creative ways. Now it's all just cookie cutter decks.

Attached: 5.gif (555x555, 555K)

lol
o
l

No, I played through xyz/synchro but I didn't like it.

>Pre-xyz/synchro was top yugioh gameplay. When you actually had to sacrifice monsters to summon bigger ones
So you mean only Summoned Skull, Jinzo and Airknight Parsath before monarchs came in? That's one epic selection of worthy tribute summons my dude.

Actually it started with Archfiends in Dark Crisis.

>he says as another Danger! Orcust Trickstar Phantom Knights deck tops another regional somewhere

Attached: 1530652890023.png (688x1010, 98K)

Monarchs came out years before xyz/synchro cancer. Why are you suggesting those don't count?

Look man, we get it. You liked playing Yugioh back on the playground when you were in second grade and no one you played with actually knew the rules of the game or how cards actually worked

Better than either sylvanas or gladiator beasts all day. God those eras were garbage.

>tributes required for a tribute summon of a lvl 8 monster: two. One if you tribute a "it count as two tributes" monster
>monster required for a lvl 8 synchro summon: minimum 2. Up to four depending of your deck
It's the same shit

yea. gx was a mistake

You don't get it. Yugioh has been ruined by power creep in order to sell cards. There was a sweet spot where the game was great, but then they fucked it all up.

CHIRP CHIRP MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: 1534503525951.png (455x669, 849K)

So you stopped playing after Metal Raiders came out then, right?

It looks cleaner than the mess called Pendulum Scales in MR3.

I stopped playing after pendulums came out.

I highly doubt that if it took you that long to realize the game had power creep out the ass.

Where were you during TeleDaD?

Sure buddy. I'm sure you played with your pendelton cards and then came to this sudden realization that in fact Trading Card games release better cards over their life span in order to incentivize purchases of the product that keeps the game running

In order to actually beat someone with that they have to have literally nothing to defend themselves with which was rare. If you'd driven someone to that position then you had already won anyways.

>tfw no cenobite cosplayer gf

Attached: nph-9-elesh-norn-grand-cenobite.jpg (672x936, 204K)

Yeah, I'm sure that's why it's never coming off the banlist

Attached: file.png (325x500, 322K)

No, i think to oldest archetype was Gravekeeper.

Where did both of you come up with the retarded idea that I didn't know about power creep prior to pendulums?
I knew about power creep the whole time. I just tolerated it until it got so fucked I couldn't stand it anymore.

>summon CED while Sangan's on the field
wow guess I win sorry you couldn't handle such complicated and advanced strategy

Attached: 15067277133581.png (500x500, 94K)

>In order to actually beat someone with that they have to have literally nothing to defend themselves with which was rare.
No it wasn't. Literally just have a better beater than they do and then summon Yata.

CED was what broke it wide open but Yata was good even before that. It's the cherry tapper that just fucks you over until they finish you, if you get hit with Yata at ANY point, you're fucking done.

>You don't get it. Yugioh has been ruined by power creep in order to sell cards.
So why do you seem to think we didn't know?

>he doesn't know
they errata'd him so he's fucking useless now, it's fine if you don't remember

I actually got a picture of one at a con a few years back.

instagram.com/mashacosplays/p/BUhpQLvjAep/?hl=en

He was talking about Yata. They can't errata Yata in any way that keeps it even resembling its former self.

I was just explaining why I gave up on the game.

Or dark hole then summon yata, attack directly, and that's it. Game over.

I know about CED's errata. Original CED was just one of the enablers of Yata lock, and Yata's never getting off the fucking banlist, like a lot of old Yugioh cards because Konami was dumber back then they are now in some regards

Attached: file.png (337x500, 389K)

Not necessarily, if they have something in the hand that can defend against Yata then you basically revealed that you have Yata in hand, leaving you open to something like a Forceful Sentry.

>If this card inflicts battle damage (except by direct attack)...
there's your next easy reprint konami, I'll take my paycheck any day now

Unless they can summon a monster or activate a trap. It basically only works if you already have huge field dominance and your opponent has garbage in their hand. Like by using chaos emperor dragon. (That's such a bullshit card, they couldn't have banned it fast enough)

Attached: Tyr.jpg (945x689, 893K)

I'm sure there's some token strategy you can abuse to make weak shit to attack over with Yata while locking down your opponent's field in some way. The real problem with Yata is the idea behind its effect and being designed with no thought of how it would interact with other cards

What is different about chaos emperor dragon now?

not entirely though. It also is just great if you have your opponent on the run, and they're clearly depending on their draws. Like if they don't summon a monster for a turn, pull out Yata and BOOM, that's game, even though they still have +5k LP left.

i want nordic cards in duel link. also tyr VWL is dumb

Presumably you've let them play out their hand and they're relegated to topdecking.

You obviously don't play the darkhole when you have board advantage, you let them play into it and blow apart all their shit leaving them with nothing. Especially if they've drained their deck of most of the monsters they could special summon, leaving a lower likelihood to topdeck any creature. And even if they do get a creature, you got other ones yourself.

Damn, that's some good shit right there.

I'm not saying yata shouldn't have been banned. It's just not that amazing of a card. Like you say, you have to already be winning to use it. If you drew it while you were losing it would be dead weight. And if you've got the opponent in a position where they're top decking and you have field dominance you're probably going to win anyways.

It still has the insane board + hand nuke effect, but the key difference is that they restricted its effect to only be used if you haven't activated any other effects that turn or for the rest of the turn. Also his burn damage got limited to the opponents cards he sent instead of all cards, which is a small nerf but a nerf regardless.

Even the dark hole is unnecessary, though. I used to play it in a normal vanilla beater deck, just when I had my opponent on the run from my based $350 Mechanicalchasers and Gemini Elf. They miss a SINGLE defense position drop, you slap based birb down and that's game.

Yata is amazing because it guarantees the win, it prevents ANY kind of comeback. Keep in mind it was released at a time that SoRL, Mirror Force and Magic Cylinder were all being played at max by every fucking deck. A single draw could extend the game an extra 3+ turns if they were lucky.

Man, Nordics suck shit

mirror force was banned at the time from what I remember
people were using sakuretsu armor
I think mirror force is completely unrestricted now. That's power creep for you.

Not just unrestricted but has attribute clones that permanently set monsters and shuffle them back to the deck and return them to the hand and cause burn damage. And nobody plays any of them.

What a game.

Attached: 1551234735477.png (475x694, 751K)

Too be fair, Drowning is the one that shuffles them back, but requires a direct attack, and Quaking was pretty good until Links came along and decided they were too fucking good to change their battle positions

Attached: ancient-gear-fusion-led2-en032-ultra-rare-D_NQ_NP_731987-MLA27120352756_042018-F.jpg (462x676, 106K)

Ganna feel sad that the nerf version is NEVER going to see play, like at all

Attached: 1091228.jpg (310x450, 31K)

Yet another reason Links are fucking cancer. Rember when people made the same complain about Xyz monsters not having levels so any card that had to do with levels didn't work with them? Pepperidge farm remembers.