Why haven't you modded your PS3 yet?

Why haven't you modded your PS3 yet?

Attached: PS3HEN4444.jpg (682x590, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjGecLzJgiw
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I have cold feet. Can you spoonfeed me user? I have a fat PS3 (non PS2 compatible 2 USB ports)

I softmodded it.
Does that count?

You can easily install full CFW rebug on it, even if it's on the latest firmware, and you can just load up PS2 isos via multiman.

I have, I just transferred DBZ Raging Blast 2 from my PC to PS3 over Ethernet.

Pretty fucking slow, only 10mb/s

Don't have one, not sure if i wanna buy one just for Dragon's Crown and whatever PS1 isos i can find.

And I'll still be able to play online without getting banned? Is it true there's an app that lets you download games directly on the console?

What games would make it worthwhile?
It can't even play PS2 games, right?

Plus I only have the fat model from launch. I'm worried its on its last legs, and any more use will kill it for good.

Persona 5 and Project Diva

im pretty sure you can mod it to play PS2

For whatever reason it never worked for my model
I even had a few people from /hbg/ trying to figure out the problem as well but none of them had an idea why it didn't work either

Attached: 1491600271421.jpg (598x560, 56K)

It plays some ps2 games and all ps1 games

I owned a PS3 for maybe a week,
then I sold it for drugs.

I own every game I wanted physically. Too lazy now.

>I only have the fat model from launch
>It can't even play PS2 games, right?

I have, its great

Dalton?

This. Is there an application that lets you download the games in CFW?

I have it modded since 2010. Was fucking easy with just a usb stick.

>It can't even play PS2 games, right?
It can, I was playing Manhunt on my PS3 slim a few nights ago. There was some graphical glitches I couldn't fix though, so whatever emulation method it uses mustn't be very good.

but I did many years ago when I first bought it

No

Nope.

my blu ray player broke so i cant update it. literally no work around

I love the CFW let's you take source quality screenshots

Attached: Demon's Souls_27.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

How? I might do I just so I can pirate MGS HD as Konami seems to not care about porting it to modern systems.

New method is still just a USB stick, just a few more steps.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjGecLzJgiw
Also for MGS HD, you need to use Multiman to turn it into a ISO file or else you're gonna get a black screen on anything that isnt Peacewalker.

That's cool. I remember a couple of years after 2010 you had to use some Cobra shit chip and solder to the mobo.

I did but i cant get ps3 games to play
i got a ps2 game to play but i want ps3
anyone got instructions for that?

Too lazy, I still have my super slim PS3 but I have zero will to play any games on it at this point.

does the ps3 have any decent rpg exclusives?

That weren’t on the PS2?
Ni no Kuni maybe

My ps3 model isnt supported : (

Does this work on a super slim? Any fw requirements? Can you get banned?

Too late, I bought everything I wanted for it.

What is the most optimal version of the PS3 to own? I read the early models had soldering issues.

You can't use an app directly on the ps3 to download games, but if you use nps browser on pc it's super easy to use, all you do is download and transfer the install file over and install them on the ps3. Think freeshop for 3ds or pkgj for vita

I don't want to violate the warranty.

If you can get a CECHA or CECHB Fat, those. Granted, they're probably gonna overheat and die sooner than a slim.
If you're just looking overall? Any slim that is on this list and below 3.56 on the right.

I have the super slim. Can I mod it yet?

Attached: 2D674E8E-60E2-49AD-A605-E6891EE305C7.jpg (868x488, 82K)

psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

3.56 doesn't matter anymore
You can hack install CFW on every FW currently released

You need four USB model to play PS2 games on it

isnt it limited to certain versions of the fat PS3, like the 80GB one or something?

You can only use HEN on Super Slims and Slims with a 3.56 or higher downgradable firmware.

The jailbreak for actual CFW requires you to have a console with a downgradable firmware at 3.56 or below. It uses the same tricks the 3.56 jailbreak did all those years ago, your console still needs to have the faults from the factory that the jailbreak uses.

CECHA and CECHB, every other PS3 uses software emulation for PS2. You can techincally still play PS2 games on your PS3 but it isnt going to be as good as the CECHA and CECHB consoles because it doesnt have the PS2's hardware inside of it.