What are some good Mahjong games?

What are some good Mahjong games?

Attached: snap0014[1].jpg (640x480, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cycllt/status/1129204620507664384
arcturus.su/wiki/Majsoul#Calculation_on_Upgrading_Points
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=73304
youtube.com/watch?v=ix6aCI74sWY
youtube.com/watch?v=6o3vN8AfkRk
youtube.com/watch?v=DfVOl94XKJk
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=80268
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190518-7a5d58e9-61f2-4543-95e9-d4ff2c64dc42_a925591970
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=53399
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=93635
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=76400
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59933
youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ470TBwR8
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=44210
youtube.com/watch?v=I7ldEt0dTr8
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=40230
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd like to find one with a decent amount of soul

>Complete garbage hand, basically scoreless
>Someone calls kan
>Suddenly a Haneman
Mahjong is a fucking joke I have no idea how nips find this shit fun

Attached: KZZSgKi.png (625x105, 60K)

Getting a decent hand is a sublime experience, but not knowing whether I am winning due to my own skills or just being lucky really hampers the experience. If I played in real life at least a buddy could tell me what I did wrong/right.

And losing losing progress is so fucking infuriating that it makes me never want to touch mahjong again and then come back the next day to do it all over again.

Does it get better?

Attached: 1406737571773.png (326x231, 55K)

I've been getting a lot of 1st place in East only.
Expert soon.
FUCK SOUTH

I wanna put my riichi stick in Ichihime's kitty cunny!

they should implement a super power game mode
like the saki psp games but balanced

There already is. It's called "creating a 3-player lobby".

>super power game mode
>balanced
They should also make teleportation a reality and give everyone a billion dollars but they aren't

Is there any simple to set up program I can use keep track of which honor tiles are still in play?
I just lost a game because I didn't realize there were no South winds on the table. Had I noticed I would not have dropped the East wind because I saw one was already down and figured my opponent with an open hand probably didn't have the other two (they did)

Yeah it is a joke when you play with fools who kan for no reason.

twitter.com/cycllt/status/1129204620507664384

Attached: 1527400201999.png (769x1024, 139K)

You don't need a program, the game has the function built in.
It's called looking at the discard ponds.

That was a brutal beating just now in the 5+3 game. GG!

Also, imagine some retarded jannie still not getting the memo and warning people about these threads 'belonging to /vg/'.

Cat went to a shadow realm

Is there any reason to ever call for kan aside from shitty gimmick hands you'll never complete or hoping you just randomly make your hand 3 yaku better?

Did the old thread get purge or what?

Attached: yagiyui-12.png (240x240, 85K)

GGs. the 1 pin is a cursed tile

Attached: 1557968841034.jpg (212x193, 23K)

>play east only games all day in golden rooms
>get some steady climb up the points
>play one south game
>first east gets 48k yakuman tsumo
>go to riichi race next round and lose
>-200 points

fuck this

Apparently. I don't know how the fuck are they even running their own jannie teams if half of them literally contradict the other half.

Very nice.

Attached: 1533744428800.png (194x181, 72K)

Honestly not really. Kan is entirely a luck play 90% of the time. Though there are times when it might be worth it to closed kan honor tiles because 32 fu is a lot, but this is rare. Most of the time it's really not worth it strategy wise.

the main game isn't even balanced
the terminal tiles have way lower value than middle ones, even more if you have red 5's
sequences should loop back

>play first game
>opponents are all chinks
>chi pon kan all day
>constantly skipping my turns
>hands are complete rng
>the tiles you needed last turn come up after you give up on them
Fun game

>Event to get seat/roundwind yaku.
>5 Games later
>not a single fucking wind in my hands

Fun!

Attached: ...fun!.gif (400x226, 45K)

If you have a very very strong hand early on, and believe you will win soon, go for it.

There's also rinshan memes and that case where the tile is also a hot tile so concealed kanning it lets you not deal it.

play 3 players against AI to farm quests

Bronze rooms are basically AI

god
i just had a game where every single round was won with mangan or higher
i got fucked and there was nothing i could do about it
this feels awful

Jade room isn't that much better than Gold. I've been told this:
- 'Shitters stop appearing in Silver!' - but that was a lie
- 'Shitters stop appearing in Gold!' - but that was also a lie
- 'Shitters stop appearing in Jade!' - I haven't played that much games here yet, but so far it also seems to be a fucking lie.

AI know yaku and play efficiently

They also deal much faster. The AI is no joke

Your definition of shitters are probably "players who don't fold". folding is for cowards. last-place avoidance is fucking boring.

Shitters stop appearing if you switch to Tenhou.net!

I understand Mahjong now. It helps when you are at 0 points and have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Attached: Sand status= Located.jpg (888x869, 339K)

post stats

Attached: fucking japanese idols soon.png (892x1346, 656K)

Attached: yagiyui-4.png (240x238, 86K)

>Start playing yakuza games so i can start akagi alongside 0 after having learned some mahjong
>see this in the first game
based

Attached: 1553454851482.jpg (1024x576, 219K)

how the fuck can i beat luckshitters and chinamen spamming open hands, i'm just gonna stay in novice forever

I never reached Houou, but Tokujou was full of shitters. I've been told that Houou is for the ultimate shitters who are literally Saki'ing each other.

>last-place avoidance is fucking boring.
But if you don't then you'll just have getting robbed of wins or coming in last to complain about.

>Everyone But Me Is a Shitter: A Guide to Online Mahjong

>But if you don't then you'll just have getting robbed of wins or coming in last to complain about.
I have been massacred tonight by insane hell waits and nyaggers kanning their hands to 20k.
If you do not hate mahjong you do not play mahjong.

The longer you stay at the bottom, the more magic sand you get.

Attached: akagi2.png (640x464, 322K)

Shit I just got 2 spheres from one silver chest, that has to be pretty rare right?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

you can keep folding every time your toimen is riichi-ing with that unknown tiny 2 Han hand, bro.

>Guy riichis with only four tiles left
>What the fuck is this idiot doing?
>Ippatsu tsumo haitei
>For his chiitoitsu with single wait on the dora

Attached: 1481671963668.gif (341x245, 2.59M)

You can take that sand and shove it into the ass you keep pulling double yakymans out of Akagi

I'm not a maladjusted individual who is never satisfied with anything.

i got hit by a fucking chinitsu turn 3 with 3 dora
i was trying to slowly make my way back in the game after that but i got bled out by all 3 of them just tsumoing 4 games in a row
what the fuck seriously why dont i ever get luck like this

No. That's what I kept getting, which is why I gave up on silver and went back to bronze.
Spheres are worthless.

Dats Mahjong baby

You just got Koromo'd.

But that's the thing, I'm the shittiest of those shitters, and I really want to play against people who would destroy me with TANKI WAITS and SUJI TRAPS instead of just randomly calling sanbaiman tsumos on 2 round.

>*RECORD SCRATCH* *FREEZE FRAME*

>Yeah, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation

Attached: 200.jpg (628x439, 29K)

Why would anyone consciously pick bronze shitters over silver shitters I don't fucking know. Bronze is the reason I migrated to other server and I am not even a jaypee monkey.

AHAHA FUCK YOUR LAST DEALERSHIP LOL

Attached: laughing crocs.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Silver costs coppers to play.
I'm tearing through bronze east to unlock Gold rooms and spend my coppers there instead.

tsumo

I dealt into a 3 Dora suuankou with a red 5 on my 4th discard the other day
Mahjong is worse than a fucking slot machine

You'd unlock it faster by playing in silver though.

It was the fucking Koromo avatar, too. I'll go take a screenshot of the log when I finish this game.

What do they even do? And how do I get currency to GACHA?

Your turn.

Attached: Super Real Mahjong P7 Genteiban (J) (T-16510G)-0000.png (330x240, 13K)

just tear through silver mate

I don't understand. Why are they pieces? Why do you need a 5 bond?

Attached: 123.png (1190x629, 722K)

How so?
You seem to go up in rank at the same rate regardless of rooms, and Bronze players are shittier so you win more.

yeah, at least I've never seen one before.
pic related.

Attached: majsoulf2p.jpg (1101x2000, 564K)

I have a riichi, ippatsu, heitei win too but I'm probably never gonna find it in my replays again

To evolve your dumb cat

Attached: 7V61OOw.png (949x1024, 207K)

When you max out the bond with a character you can unlock their special outfit, it requires a bunch of different ingredients, including some spheres depending on the character. That's their only use, and you can't sell them or anything for dust.
If you want to gacha you have to gather presents and turn them into dust. For 50 dust you can get a summon ticket which will give you a blue gift worth 5 dust every time.

Silver is easier desu
When I played in Bronze...
>hmm I have 4 and 6 pin, I just need 5 Pin... oh, nevermind, somebody just kan'd 5 Pin..
This happened way too often

>HAITEI RAOYUE

Attached: bf698e2c.jpg (600x918, 175K)

arcturus.su/wiki/Majsoul#Calculation_on_Upgrading_Points
The amount of ranking points you win at 1st or 2nd place is tied to what room you're playing in, while the amount you lose at 4th place is tied to your rank.

Nice RNG fest, I guess chinks like it because you can cheat irl

Attached: Untitled.jpg (755x603, 79K)

Honestly the only thing that really pisses me off RNGwise are doras
Shit can just randomly make garbage into an instant match winner with no input from anyone

They can't cheat
their tiles are xbox hueg

Okay but which gift does what girl like?

To OP retard, stop naming it "Mahjong Soul" for X fucking time.

Attached: yagiyui-12.png (240x240, 85K)

What do you guys jam to while playing? I like jazz or something relaxing

Names censored to protect me, because I played like a retard after this and got trashed

Attached: koromo'd.jpg (1680x941, 311K)

yeah honestly i think im on the verge of quitting because I don't like playing a game where its 60% luck

if you say "dumb cat" again im going to ron you into the shadow realm for 24000 points

you know who you are, not even going to reply to your post

Why is it so hard to check the other tab with voice and answer your own question?

Attached: 1523578601118.jpg (775x720, 80K)

How are you gonna get more than 1000 points when you've never seen one of these before?

Attached: 1b.jpg (2563x355, 51K)

Why is cirno playing mahjong?

Hey that's the thing from the start of Deus Ex

post your stats

All dumb cats or NYAGGERS as I like to call them get out of this thread or I'll open tanyao you again

Huh, I didn't know that. Still, I'm moving up really quickly and spending no copper in bronze, so it seems best to me. I'm definitely not good enough to go positive on copper, and the rewards are nothing in silver. At least if wait and lose all my copper in gold it might get me some blue gifts instead of spheres.
True, but the flipside is when they kan 3 times while you're in riichi and turn your 2 han hand into a baiman.

I want some more Yea Forums mahjong, it's actually quite tanoshii

But that's voice. There's nothing on the menu on the current tab.

Yea Forums is too easy

Attached: majsoulbonds.jpg (2040x565, 959K)

Concealed Kans are fine if you're already in riichii.
Otherwise, no. The only time you would ever do it is if yuo feel lucky and everybody has opened their hands.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (745x828, 149K)

>last round
>at third place
>get quick chiitoitsu
>ron it
>ippatsu
>causes an upset
>go into west 1
>win with a quick shit hand
it's situations like this that make the game worth it. the more even the players are, more fun the game is. getting mostly stomped by much better players in silver currently because i refuse to play safe.

Why is Nyagger's Bond purple gifts the same as her '+50% rep' gift? This shit fucking triggers me, there are 8 different gift types in total across 8 characters, and cookies are used in Yui's bond. Cat's bond purple should have been the console.

I can't resist the urge to call a closed kan right when I achieve tenpai. I wanna do cool rinshans like Saki, man.

>41%
stop calling everything holy shit you stupid nyagger.

does the hag only like Diamonds?

If you're in tenpai it's not a bad idea, I think.
Then again, I am a shitter, so what I think probably isn't relevant to winning.

How do you even function in real life? How do you cook your food? How do you take a shit? Do you need some other person to hold your dick every time? Try to put some effort and click a few tabs. Then if your question remains come back and ask about it.

Attached: 1528697401695.jpg (639x642, 95K)

Damn, seems like it would almost be better to just max out the cat's bond. I like the cat over the others, but I hate how overused she is, seeing as she's a starter.

41's small time.

Watch this.

Attached: hand.png (796x996, 358K)

>Adept 3
>-250 points
I am not really feeling it. Maybe I need a lil break before going for it again. Played the last 2 weeks every chance I got.

If you don't know, you don't have to keep replying with nonsense.

>Adept 3
>750 points
East fuck yeah

Maxing out a bond is going to take an eternity anyway if you're F2P.
You need 88000 bond points and get 60 per south game, in silver and above. You need around one and a half thousand games to do it, or a ton of gifts, but you can only give 2 a day anyway.
I've decided to go for summon tickets, but I've already accepted that I'll get nothing at all either way.

Did the event dailies go poof? I was not done yet ...

Why the fuck can't I complete the event quest shit all of a sudden.

When I go to the 'nikaidou's class' thing the quests are no longer there.

yeah. it's pretty retarded

closed kans add a lot of fu points so you could potentially upgrade your 3han/4han hand to a mangan.

My reply depends on your question. Don't expect someone to wipe your ass at need. The site implies you're at least a grown up boy, so act like one.

Yeah I agree, it's officially spooky mahjong.

Attached: file.png (260x377, 41K)

>RON'd so hard you lose your dailies

You don't have to keep going.

Don't call me or my cat's pon ever again.

>game goes into west round because nobody is above 30k points
>end up winning round with a 3 han hand
>only made it above 30k (got 30700) because player to my right called riichi and i yoinked his 1k point stick

Attached: 1511524777964s.jpg (70x125, 2K)

Why does none of Mahjong games have cool title names like 雀聖, 雀鬼, 雀神 and 麻王?

Anime openings or jazz, yeah. Sometimes I listen to old hiphop/rap though.

Officially on a 10 loss streak, fucking kill me. I draw nothing but garbage and can't finish a fucking hand to save my life. Fucking doesn't help that every game has somebody pon or chiing every single thing they can then finishing a 1000 point hand while I'm in tenpai for a 8-12k, or hell I lost a yakuman last night to a 1k hand. LET ME OUT OF BRONZE.

Attached: Screenshot_20190517-141338_Chrome.jpg (1080x2280, 1.06M)

I only see 4 loses

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=73304

Attached: 1529126550979.jpg (600x600, 95K)

If you ain't first you're last.

>'loss' is anything other than 1st place
That's why you're still in bronze. In Mahjong, 'winning' is anything other than 4th.

If you're not first, it literally doesn't matter.

Literally less than a minute and 'match already started' ;_;

Your elo drops in 3rd and 4th in ranked, though.

If you're stuggling to win in silver I don't know why you'd think you have a chance in gold rooms though.

3rd, often only by a single digit.
It's nothing.

Well yes, but if you got 3rd it means you avoided 4th, and that's a really huge win. By skill alone you can't really guarantee 1-2 every game. But minimizing the 4ths and making sure your absolutely unluckiest games keep you at 3rd is what separates high-tier players from shitters.

i've learned that you can stay net positive in rank points if you win one hand in 5 even when you end up being 3rd in the rest, as long as your score doesn't dip below 20k.

You're thinking of Tenhou.net, which doesn't have ranking drops when you get 3rd. Mahjong Soul does reduce your rank a bit on 3rd. It's still way better than getting 4th of course

>3 matches played
>only won one hand and it was the very first one
So when is the RNG gonna give me the winning hands?

Quite literally not how Mahjong works, retards.

You newbies really should stop with this mentality. Getting 1st requires luck, because you need luck to win BIG DICK HANDS that allow you to get 1st place. Mahjong is all about not getting 4th while trying to win with whatever the god of mahjong is giving you through your starting hands and draws. You should treat everything but 4th place as a "victory". Your match history there isn't so bad. Maybe you should post your stats so we could ACTUALLY give you some advice on how to play, whether on efficiency, call rate or defense.

>i kan
>and i do it again
>AND AGAIN
>end on a 2 tile wait
>RON
YOU CAN'T STOP THIS NYAGGER

Attached: Screenshot_20190517-171653_1.jpg (1684x1080, 277K)

The game's given you plenty of winning hands, you just haven't built them right.

That's a 3 tile wait though

When you start learning how to efficiently build hand and actually get into tenpai without wasting any draws, regardless the value of your hands.
100% of the reason why Novices are stuck in Bronze hell is efficiency.

>tfw stuck in adept 2

Attached: 1557534612058.png (500x307, 75K)

Wish me luck

Attached: ww.png (165x119, 14K)

go play in bronze EAST.

Huh? It's just 2m and 4m.

BIRD

And 5m!

And 5

good idea actually

sent that fucker to the shadowrealm

Attached: sanbaiman.jpg (788x151, 22K)

Do you want to keep last word or something?

Oh right. That's even better!

>60 per south game
lmao
try winning once in a while scrub

And maybe play it in Chinese hour, which is soon.
Most players there are complete newbies that don't even know what a yaku is.

Answer the question.

When you show the gods of mahjong that you are worthy of being graced with their presence, or, rather, that THEY should be graced with YOUR presence.

only if you lost money
which is only fair

Because Western hours are any better

Just play south.

east is too frustrating
some luckshitter gets a big hand early and then half the time you have no chance to catch up

Every time i want to collect a big hand

Attached: kokushi.jpg (1438x770, 156K)

cringe

This is stupid, we have only 12 hours to do dailies because the server zeroes everything along with CN one (half a hour ago). It was exactly the same with copypasted CN tiddies sprite. Any discord faggots around? Will they ever fix it? Is there a ticket concerning the issue?

>some luckshitter gets a big hand early
Either be the luckshitter or follow his trail and get that 2nd place.
And don't get ron'd of course.

Answer my questions first Then i'll answer yours.

>be the luckshitter
you have no control over that

I do OK on silver, just not positive copper.
I doubt anyone gets positive copper anyway, it requires constant 1st places. 2nd places just about break even, and 3rd and 4th lose tons.

>no u
Really now?

It will come to you sometimes.

i dont care east is a waste of time and too annoying to play

Winning doesn't change the bond gain, unless the wiki is wrong anyway.
I've haven't been paying enough attention to check.

>no u
Do you have reading comprehension issues?

That's how they get your money. Not with the gacha, but by buying coppers.

east is half the length of south. it can't be a waste of time.

have fun in your scrub mode luckshitter

I think I'd rather just stop playing a full RNG shitfest

All you had to do was reply normally and now you're incomprehensible. But there is hope for you. Instead of being retarded, you can try not being so by giving info that's relevant.

I'm 1 rank away from Expert.
I'm afraid of the future where I literally wouldn't be able to play without welfare because of insane 4th place copper penalty.

I'm in the same pit
Just take a break if you need to, try to play less for rank and more for fun

Im going for lvl 5 bond hag instead of summon tickets. Getting to hear my yakus is more important than an extremely low chance of getting another character i want.
Already got 13k of the 88k, and i havent even given her any mismatched gift yet, neither the free purple diamond we got in the event.

If i were to give her everything, i should have about 36k bond. Sure, not even half, but im not an impatient guy
There is probably going to have more events like those in the future.

Ok, that's impressive on its own fashion.

Attached: just east bro.png (273x46, 11K)

When is he coming out?

Attached: 1534245862323.jpg (1188x1080, 158K)

did they get double/triple ronned with a yakuman or something

Nice.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1919x1079, 1.6M)

All you had do was click a few tabs. Was it too hard? Better go ask Yea Forums for help?

>first draw
>7 of circles
>have no circles so throw it away
>second draw
>8 of circles
>throw it away
>third draw
>9 of circles
>ctrl+w

Triple Houtei on aka dora.

Attached: not even e3.png (326x147, 33K)

Play East!

Attached: east silver.jpg (762x514, 65K)

Almost there, but not quite. I'll give you a second chance.

How can I get luck like this?

Attached: 1546793766587.png (750x750, 169K)

I still won the overall game, but not being able to win with this hurt. My kan gave me the pin dora.

Attached: dora.png (534x166, 75K)

>they
Go dilatate.

Thanks, it worked out.

Attached: 123.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

That's where I am, too.
I'm resigned to the possibility that I'll have to make a smurf account when I run out of coppers.
Or just play Yea Forums games, I guess.
I'm REALLY regretting spending my initial coppers on green gifts when I first started, though.

Attached: mikamichiori-2.png (240x240, 84K)

you can still play in silver when you're expert

stop blaming luck! average stats isn't luck!

>This scroll will bring your important one to you
>At 5% chance at 1/6 odds
I just want my autistic wife without spending money

Attached: yagiyui-5.png (240x240, 77K)

Give yourself a second chance.

>right player riichi with 5p tanki instead of discarding the East and get 2-sided waits
brave

youtube.com/watch?v=ix6aCI74sWY
An allegorical video symbolizing Yea Forumss introduction to mahjong by /jp/.

>24600
>23400

you sure owned them noobs

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

You'll get someone in 2 months, just have to grind hard.

Are we even sure it's a he

Fair enough, that's probably the wisest choice, and you're further than I thought was likely.
I decided to risk everything going for a big win on the tickets instead though. This is mahjong after all, you have to believe in your luck or just lie down and die.
Not that luck has made much of a showing for me so far...

youtube.com/watch?v=6o3vN8AfkRk

Rise up Catbros

Attached: 03.png (120x120, 9K)

It's bronze, it might not have been intended

>two months
I think I might just drop some cash then.

Attached: 1540518471383.jpg (646x474, 36K)

stupid cats

Attached: honitsu.png (442x293, 93K)

Are we sure it's even real?

You aren't still a yakuman virgin, are you? It's unforgivable for anyone for elementary schoolers to be a yakuman virgin, right?

Attached: Untitled-8.jpg (1636x923, 619K)

FUCKING ANIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

I didn't get shit all game

You can see a 3p pon behind the girl, in the left.
Sure, there is still a 3p somewhere left, but you might as well go for the extra han
Specially if he is doing the event quest.

>going from 12k in 4th place to 1st place with 40k by the end of a game
Is there a better feeling than this, lads?

Attached: 1557377515270.png (555x555, 238K)

I've gotten close to 13 orphans a couple of times but no dice

Glad I am not alone in my misery.

Maybe your right and I should take a break. Though it's demoralizing when anons here are passing expert while I'm stuck. Need to do as you say and stop being fixated on rank.

Attached: 1407258477896.png (376x390, 68K)

chink insects are non human

N-no, of course not

In this era of free sex, everyone has gotten a yakuman by the time they're in the fifth grade. It's nothing special.
It's only worth talking about if you've broken your double or triple yakuman virginity. If you've broken your sextuple yakuman virginity I'll suck your penis.

Similar dumb cat in real life:
youtube.com/watch?v=DfVOl94XKJk

>'half flush'

Attached: honiisou.png (442x293, 91K)

>Someone's called pon on south, west and north and has a single wait?
>Probably has nothing to do with me, I've got a bitchin' riichi only iishanten and this east is in the way

Attached: 1521763362845.jpg (630x470, 30K)

I've been calling it honitsu for years, has it always been honiisou

Y-Yes. No bully.

what do I do next?

Attached: chrome_2019-05-17_18-01-32.png (967x166, 100K)

Good players don't get Yakuman because good players are efficient and rational and to get Yakuman you need to be irrational and pursue that blind sliver of hope no matter how low the possibilities are, which good players will never ever do.
I'm still a yakuman virgin in majsoul

going from 50k 1st place to negative and then blocking the website on your router

It can be both, like how SanShoku can be SanShiki because of this kanji 色

Draw or 13 abandoned children

how do you even get sextuple yakuman?

kokushi or no balls

didn't Saki already made this joke in 2009

It's both, but I prefer to call it Hon/Chin Iisou because the retards I've taught in the past kept getting confused between it and Ikkitsuukan/Ittsuu.

keep telling yourself that cherryboy

Riichi Chiitoitsu Honrotou Dora 4

Blame the game not the player

Kokushi, Chiitoitsu, ToiToi, and Yakuhai.

Based

Hiroyuki uses Ikkitsuukan and Ten uses Itsu.
Some people use Haku/Hatsu/Chun and some people use Shiro/Ao/Aka
Some people use Riich"i" and some people omit that last i like Reach.
It's just preference.

is there a better feeling?

Attached: 1554048765314.png (1993x1129, 1.68M)

so I was only two tiles away from kokushi tenpai
but I accidentally pon on one pin
fuck

>tfw you're waiting on the terminals/honors and everyone just keeps discarding until there's only one of each

Yes, to end the match with everyone in negative points in East 1.

Fuck Adept 3.

Honestly? Draw.
Only go for 13 orphans if you have 10+ unique termials+honors, not copies.
And finishing melds with such a bad starting hand is nearly impossible

>east 1
>x4
Rude as fuck

This is why I hate this godshit trash game. You keep playing properly, you do reads, improve your waits, betaori, read more mahjong theory, and then you still get fucked over and over by shit hands after shit hands while doing nothing more than protect yourself only to get ronned in an impervious wait from a fucking retard and then end up in 4th with 20500 while first place has 30200 points and lose 80 rank points and suddenly all the games you've played properly that day are gone, hard work my ass just get lucky.

Attached: 1541352492629.png (811x465, 167K)

apparently people love mahjong

Attached: 1557257307899.jpg (4093x2894, 2.11M)

>tfw top 100

the climb is tough, bros

Attached: 1531911733416.jpg (1280x720, 489K)

I want rule34 of oppai lady

>Last discard
>Get 13 orphans

I can actually feel him screaming

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=80268

Attached: 1480764942516.png (227x258, 26K)

Low thinking times have improved our reaction speeds

My suggestion is to just not get tilted while playing. Sometimes shit just happens.

Attached: today's matches.png (475x128, 31K)

>saint 3
Is this the highest rank one can get? In throne room it says "saint & above" but I doubt "above" is a rank.

Attached: IMG_20190517_171335.jpg (1186x720, 257K)

>full

Look at those soon-to-be mounds.

El Yaku.

"Celestial" is the cap, and I don't think someone will reach that in a week or two. Unless they're a lesbian.

Post more hanada

>saint 3
are there different servers or something?

no

I wish i could watch his game. I really can't understand why i am stuck at my rank.

I wish I can see jap and chink leaderboards too.

Almost there lads.

Attached: infinite mountains ahead.jpg (309x143, 6K)

Attached: ichihime-2.png (240x240, 93K)

you're stuck because either a) you haven't played enough games or b) you haven't played enough games

or, you're playing east.

Suuankou (four triplets) with single wait (double yakuman)
Suukantsu (four kans)
Daisuushi (triplets of all four winds) (double yakuman)
Tsuuiisou (all honors)

So you'd need closed kans of all four winds, with a single wait on a dragon.

Feeling lucky?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

for different regions JP/EN/CH, they have separate rankings.

Attached: just give up.png (337x402, 77K)

whattafuck where are my rewards

Attached: gib.png (1719x943, 2M)

can you switch regions?

The experience of playing mahjong is a reward in itself

>42962
thanks for the games, lads

>3 points away from ranking up
>unlucky losing streak
AHHHH

I stole them thanks for the gifts

no, you can make separate account though.

gg, adorable cat-chans, especially the one with 0 games.

The real rewards are the friends we made along the way.

Thanks for playing. That was some fun shit.
>mfw I thought this was a straight at the end
I need to go lay down a bit.

Click on his portrait and watch this one game. He got first place too.
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190518-7a5d58e9-61f2-4543-95e9-d4ff2c64dc42_a925591970

Attached: ichihime-0.png (240x240, 97K)

time for Bronze East!

>deal into other player's hand while being on tenpai
>for 3 turns in a row
how do I overcome this existential despair

Attached: 17.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

I hope that east was at least from someone who riichi'd before the 3rd wind call and not some mega retard.

Jokes on you, I'm stuck with Silvers at this hour cause Bronze is dead.

Nikaidou's Classes are only during the day. Presu understandu

can't click his face

This thing is 100% accurate

Attached: luck.png (215x186, 17K)

you must let go of your greed

>ron someones riichi discard
>mfw

Attached: 1467491023038.jpg (786x931, 62K)

>yfw they won that game

>waiting since the beginning of the hand to pon my seat wind
>now on shanpon wait for 3 dora
>never came and lost to an open mixed triple

Which one of you fucks was holding my winds?

Well, did you know it was a dangerous tile?
Was his hand dangerous enough to warrant breaking your hand?
Time to learn some defense, user.

>been riichi for five draws
>my faggot shimocha decides to chase with his own riichi
>throws out the dora
>that's the one

Are there still beginner rooms? Cause I'm a fucking brainlet at this game

Do you ever get games where luck has decided you'll just win?

Attached: luck.png (826x937, 888K)

Celestial above saint

that happened to me on the first day, enjoy not clearing shop.

Its been a while since i seen 60+0 rooms, but if you make one, i would join

>1-shanten
>dealt the tile right next to the riichi tile
>ah, no way I'm dealing that, guess I'm breaking up one of my protoruns
>manage to get back to 1-shanten and then tenpai with his riichi tile as my wait
>hell yeah, FREE SEX button
>some retard deals the tile I wouldn't deal
>ron, riichi stick gon

HE HATES IT

Well the more kaniggers there are the more luck rolls are made.

Who are the most annoying players, phone autists or idolfags?

>in online mahjong, nobody knows you was phone

>Get to gold
>South actually fills up more than east

Attached: fujitakana-6.png (240x240, 82K)

Appreciate it user, but maybe some other time

Just watched the replay, pretty normal stuff with basic efficiency.
The thing that I got from his match
>he doesn't believe in closed wait at all
>he played like Nodoka, the ultimate super defensive betaori coward, last-place avoidance type to the very core
I like the how this hag's playstyle instead, very aggressive.

Attached: chad.jpg (150x186, 10K)

AAAAAA

Attached: file.png (745x207, 51K)

>tfw you play both at your pc and on your phone when you aren't at your pc because you're addicted to mahjong

As it should be.

>Early riichi for a comeback haneman
>Goes until the last few discards when someone else riichis
>Immediately play into a baiman
Fuck you and every mall santa that looks like you

come on, normal game
Majsoul Friends Room 53399(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=53399

It doesn't make any sense how the same person in a game gets quick/good hands every single round, and it's always the person on your right.

Like, what the fuck is the trick here? Because it's not efficient discards. I know what to discard and what not to.

It's the fucking draws. This dude just riichi-tsumo'd 3 rounds in a row.

What the absolute shit.

On the rare occasion that I get into quick tenpai, I'll be sitting waiting on 2+ different tiles each of which there are multiples yet to be discarded for 20+ rounds and then someone else will Tsumo their hand with no warning from a single call.

I'm mad.

Attached: Big Boss Punches A Bear.jpg (850x2241, 1.25M)

I dealt into a yakuman that was a 1han hand before some retards kan'ed three times after he was riichi and gave him like nine Dora/uradora

>climb out from

Attached: what trouble.gif (300x123, 1.92M)

Yeah, the AI (Easy) did that to me a few days ago.

I'm not a complete beginner, but I'll handicap myself by never calling if you want a fren match.

Yeah, im game. comfy room

Thanks for the replay Meido. Loved the way he plays. Also, this replay should open the eyes of faggots who believe that high ranked players never get shitty hands. East 4 is such a good example of 'sit there discarding nagashi shit from the wall for the whole round', his playstyle should be a good lesson to fuckers who believe that for 1st place you need to constantly get lucky oya baimans.

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=93635

60+0 frens room. Anyone welcome, but u gotta be nice.

Tsumo animation is pretty meh.

This shit has a time limit, at the evening here all rewards not taken just disapears

your pretty meh

But how will people know how I feel if I can't spam superb before ron?

Im going to bully you into the ground.

>other user make a room
>always full in less than a minute
>i make a room
>graveyard
I'm not making any anymore.
see you all in Silver.

Attached: 1521617907303.jpg (300x300, 77K)

It's a tile flipping board game what did you expect?

Thanks. Do you find it hard to play in jade? Like is it much harder than gold for you?

2 more. Bullies welcome, but u gotta lose.

why

Attached: ichihime-3.png (240x240, 88K)

how to build this hand?

Attached: ewr651.png (910x135, 96K)

42TB 8K quad-flopmapped raytraced hand drawn animations

>it's not efficient discards

Questioning if you're just tunnel-visioning specific yakus. Sometimes it can't be helped, but you can make something off of scratch.

Tonpuusen is too luck based.

drop e, drop 8m, drop 1s/1m depending on draws

the tsumo animation in sega MJ is hype af

This isn't Saki.

Anyone have that summary image with the different possible hands?

Attached: Yaku.jpg (2140x1966, 1.97M)

Easy to gain Riichi here. drop the E and 8m and hope you get a 345 sequences with the man tiles and 123 sequence with the Pin tiles.

How else am I gonna win tho?

Why do I keep drawing terminal guys?
I just want to do tanyao

God hates you

Because Tanyo is for losers.

The game wants you to aim higher.

Jade is pretty hard, I'm 3 4th place games of being demoted. The other western players in master seem to be doing fine so it's just me. Gold wasn't that hard, yes.

Attached: mikamichiori-10.png (240x240, 84K)

>ctrl+f
>no Suchie Pai
you know what to do youngsters

Attached: Pai_memorial_acc.jpg (255x361, 97K)

>break a 98m edge wait for a 78p
>immediately draw the 7m

Attached: kujouriu-4.png (240x240, 90K)

Go for 13 orphans like a real nyagger

Anyone know how I can fix the daily screen for the event? It's completely blank and I need to redeem my rewards

Well with that hand you're going to draw nothing but bamboos, so might as well go for the bamboo flush.

Guy chases my riichi and drops me from 26000 to 7000.
Next turn yakuman tsumoed into negatives.
Anger... Rising...

Attached: nikaidoumiki-5.png (240x240, 77K)

Majsoul Friends Room 76400(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=76400
hes in

Attached: akagi.jpg (370x370, 61K)

>daily screen for the event
user, they're more nightly. They're only available from like 10 PM to 10 AM PDT.

its 7pm and i'm already drunk, lets burn some cats.

What to do? So many options.

I skipped. Got a 3p, disard 2p and got ron'd

Attached: multi.png (948x599, 671K)

Whenever you feel like...
>everyone gets to tenpai in 6 turns or less except for me
>nobody else does betaori, when I riichi, they keep building their hand and don't deal in
>everybody else draws exactly what they need and I get nothing
Realize that, those people you're facing, they feel that way a lot too. In fact, in a future game, they probably won't even remember the great luck they had against you. They will just remember the times in which it seemed the tiles were against them.

Have you ever won a hand? Have you ever been in 1st? Has someone ever dealt into you? Have you ever gone an entire hand without dealing into someone's riichi?
Of course you have, and every time you do, at least one other player at that table is thinking "this is bullshit, the game is against me".

Do what you can, play the best game you know how to play, and accept that you are neither favored nor forsaken by the tiles.

Why do people hate tanyao so much while pinfu gets a free pass? It's equally as braindead to put together.

Don't do anything. pass on it.

for me i'd chii and go for a 123 sanshoku doujun

i still found some of his decisions baffling.
he discarded 3sou here, why favour dragon over it?

Attached: 3da9fa305fb01d8f8eeac077228ec023.png (1086x637, 873K)

Pinfu isn't made by mindlessly calling tiles

well deserved, hag

>Every other player is in Riichi but me
>Someone that is in Riichi Ron's another player in Riichi because they couldn't defend themselves

Feels good I had plenty of safe tiles so I wouldn't get fucked.

Attached: 1557122012580.png (255x255, 98K)

He's going to discard the 3 sou sooner or later anyway to make a sequence. He's keeping Hatsu for a safe-tile insurance in case someone's gonna Riichi in that very turn.

fold

Attached: 1424478565413.png (775x583, 225K)

Like 90% of the time I deal in, it's because I'm in riichi and got no choice.
Feels good myan

Attached: ichihime-10.png (240x240, 83K)

>iishanten for 123 san shoku
>Chi 2m
>Now you're in 2shanten for san shoku
Good job user, you played yourself.

Skip and hope that you can switch your pair to a terminal or honor.

say that again in english and see what happens

>tfw you put 2 chinks in the negative at the same time
Also check out all those wins I had as dealer.

Attached: lmao.png (1703x935, 1.53M)

Can you tell anything about me from these stats alone?
Based purely on this, what do you think I should work on? I stopped getting first place so much once I got to the Silver Room...

Attached: currentstats.png (704x495, 184K)

>26 tiles left
>would have to rely on luck to get 3p and 1s IF the other players don't have them all in their hands or isn't pon'd or Chi'd

You crazy.

you're such a good cat

IVE NEVER SEEN A NUMBER THIS BIG BEFORE

HELP

HELP

Attached: 1544954390568.png (2371x1339, 2.11M)

I can tell that you're better than me

you need to play 100 more games

Isn't it fun to watch two guys have a sudden death match?

Attached: DogFight.png (345x230, 86K)

the sample size is too small.

I wish there was a button to kick the table after losing

I don't even know what that number means

HELP

it means how many times the dealer has won in a row

HELP

i see two separate fights there.
one is a dick measuring contest and the other attempt to not be 4th.

Does Majsoul even have Paarenchan?

Just kill the cat. Even a 1 han hand will shoot you above 30k, which is good 2nd. Or you actually wanna gun for toimen in those two hands. Then you better make a closed san shoku junchan out of that hand.

If the dealer wins 8 times in a row, isn't that a yakuman?

>it's another "3 people have riichi'd and there are no safe tiles in your hand" episode

Attached: deer hunter.jpg (840x470, 71K)

>dick measuring
1st place bonus points is huge.

i actually made a comeback and got first when the dealer got double ronned

And it ended in the worst possible way with shimocha killing toimen.

That's what she said.

Pick a tile and pray.

Attached: 1556672594278.jpg (254x548, 40K)

You'll be fine you pussy.

Attached: 1538922258611.png (298x175, 34K)

Is it worth it?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1030x281, 71K)

Just force a draw by calling your own riichi, no biggie.

the times that i get 1st i have to fight against my luck and slowly build something good while dodging all of the retards hands
the times other players get 1st they just get bullshit turn 3 riichi haneman hands

Discard and pray someone Ron another.

How did no one get negative score? Were the winning hands all 1 han?

Nice, good job user, I'm proud.

Do it pussy.

Miyanyaga Teru

You either feed them to your waifu or use them to summon her.

RON TANYAO 5200 POINTS

>the times other players get 1st they just get bullshit turn 3 riichi haneman hands
It can feel that way sometimes, I feel like that at times, I think everyone feels like that. But I bet if you went through your logs, you'd find it doesn't happen as often as you think.

>dust 10 blue gifts to get a single blue gift
user SMART

thanks doc

How do you Close Kan?

Have all four tiles in your hand

Have four of a kind in your hand.

have 3 of a kind, draw the fourth

Self draw the fourth piece without having an open hand.

>Third in gold room
>Still lose nearly 2k copper

Attached: 1552543944366.png (400x400, 315K)

Just push the button

Attached: 4c400ac81445f6c82f7fe83b100da773f.jpg (804x478, 115K)

3 players with 3 different devices in friend room

stop buying gifts

Why would anyone even play in Gold, then? the punishment is way too severe it's stop being fun anymore.

>that image
Did he kan a yakuman? Is that the joke?

Yeah
I love pictures like these

Attached: tanyao.gif (440x301, 74K)

my draw are so shitty
I can never deal in but still come third or last cause I cant win for shit
I fucking hate this game

gg. Sorry to cut it to one, but I gotta take a break.

Its always the Yea Forums rooms i get btfo i swear im better than this gg

gg. couldnt get much to come together so i played pretty safe.

>have space and money set aside for an automatic table whenever the US distribution takes off
ohboy

Attached: 1537444104010.jpg (318x389, 33K)

New room?

What does an automatic table do?

Majsoul Friends Room 59933(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59933

south 1/4

1: Everybody gets bad draws from time to time. Sometimes your draws are actually good, but someone else just got slightly better draws.
2: You might not be discarding as efficiently as you believe.
>come third or last
As long as third is happening more often than last, you're probably doing an okay job.
As long as you play to the best of your ability you're doing an okay job. Even if you suck, as long as you're sincerely trying, then you're getting a full experience.

It'd be cool if mahjong started becoming more popular in the west. Variants other than jewjongg. This board game will bring everyone together.

Sucks you off while you play.

2/4

How obvious is my 13 orphans discard pile?

Attached: discard.png (477x383, 229K)

I think I just had the highest score play i've ever done

Attached: unknown (27).png (968x583, 579K)

I'd rather have a model that fed me when I won, or lost, a round.

GG Nyaggers

It shuffles and stacks up one set while you play on the other. Nicer ones also have RF chips in the point sticks so you get a real time point display like in online mahjong.
youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ470TBwR8

There's not a whole lot of info yet but the major brand is supposedly starting up USA distribution later this year

Attached: 1533563085417.jpg (740x987, 229K)

you implying I even look at your discards?
nerd all I see is my own hand and the "pon" button.

and the highest ending score i've ever had

Attached: unknown (28).png (1102x652, 845K)

Not that obvious. Looks like soomeone who was in 3 shanten for a chin itsu on sou and didn't draw anything useful. But it's not like you can feint something else in either case.

not too bad
could just be going for chinitsu or honitsu with sou
i doubt many people will expect kokushi anyway

the game got me just enough points to get into Adept
thank fucking god I can stop playing bronze now

Attached: unknown (29).png (319x494, 198K)

>3 ura dora
>3 dora
Come back when you got some real yaku in your hand, boy.

just kidding, closed riichi with ura dora is the way to play, every day

I assumed it was just one set. The sound of it shuffling would be annoying during a hand, wouldn't it?

>blue gift
epic gift

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=44210

what is this fragile thing we call life? The clicking of a tile reflects our every waking moment, caring naught whether it brings you pain or pleasure, only the unending chaos of a nyagger.

Attached: 1536292526746.jpg (1266x948, 518K)

I went negative 5 times in a row yesterday I was so frustrated. I didn't need to go negative I was just in 4th and thought may as well go big not once in 60 south games did it work out. I'll make a cumback tonight though, in more ways than one.

Attached: 1548990019997.jpg (900x900, 98K)

Not any less annoying than having to do the shuffling by hand.

How much do these things go for?

cringe

Your discards make me cringe.

>when I win it's with a hand I struggled to build from garbage that's worth an okay amount
>when I deal into a hand it's a 1han hand but suddenly worth 8k+ because Dora luck
Just fucking kill me already?

i'm getting into a bad habit of going for open toitoi or open tanyo basically every hand and i don't know how to get myself to stop
it feels like finishing games early and quick is better than slow and big
does that change in South games?

Attached: 1534515902031.jpg (767x632, 45K)

Two sets keeps there from being any downtime, it means another game is already ready while you're playing yours. I think they have a lot of sound muffling in them, but either way it only takes like a minute to set the tiles up so you're not hearing in during your whole hand.

got 2 more spots if anyone interested.

Why does everytime I want to do tanyao
half of the draw I got are honor or terminal?

Get the fuck in here 3/2

I don't know why it's always feast or famine for me with Yea Forums. I have a 30% 1st place rate (most of which were 50k+) and a 20% negative rate. I think it's just because I gun for first no matter what when I'm not playing ranked.

I think you want a player to leave not join.

>How much do these things go for?
The basic model is like $1100 I think

It's all because you're scared of riichi from your opponents, so you convince yourself that the only way to win is to win before your opponents even manage to get into tenpai.

I'd rather have however many seconds of downtime between hands, but I guess that's just me.

>does that change in South games?
Somewhat. Quick hands are still useful, but because there are 4 more rounds, you'll have more opportunities to make nice, closed hands, as well as more opportunities to catch up if you lose points.
If all your opponents are making quick hands, typically, they won't be worth much. Just one good hand can get you ahead. And with 8 hands, you're likely to get at least one.

You need to pay the chinks more. You'll see that your draws will become a lot better once you do.

Open tanyao is for closers. PUT THAT PON CHI DOWN!

How do I get off the hole?

Attached: 2019-05-17_19-56-40.png (716x716, 251K)

Descend further into hell, down to the bottom.

How did you even reach Adept with that history? did you win like +100 or some- oh, yakuman.

Oh wait, your EXP is 0/600. When the hell did you reach Adept?

You still have to roll the dice and cut the wall. It's not as fast as online mahjong.

More kokushi musou.

count how many open hands you're dealing into on average

weeks ago

Why's there only 7 matches in that pic?

OHHHHH, THESE PON CHIIS!

Attached: 9b1cfcc4-9528-478c-ac71-27c955117177_screenshot.jpg (892x480, 21K)

i'll try to do slower hands and not be afraid of opponents getting riichi before me
I can't drop out of adept, right? I don't want to worry about losing too much trying to learn South and having to go back to bronze east

You'd really rather hand shuffle and build the walls every time than have 40 seconds of muffled shuffling happen under the table at the start of each round?

I captured screenshot too fast

Attached: chrome_2019-05-17_20-06-02.png (639x145, 33K)

I think he took the screenshot while the graph was loading, and it didn't finish.

The ultra fancy ones actually pre-deal the hands and flip the dora
youtube.com/watch?v=I7ldEt0dTr8

as someone who's spent $45 on the game, I already hit the summon scroll limit and basically have no other use for copper. Even a smaller monthly spender can probably hit it consistently.

open toitoi is basically as bad as open tanyao, you only go for it if you have doras or you need to be a nigger for a specific reason

>skip a pon because it's no yaku
>furiten

Attached: 1539205002403.gif (683x485, 74K)

It's just temporary furiten nigga calm down.

fucking other my opponents by denying their hands feels so good though

FUUUUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUF

Attached: 1092902877272.png (1020x576, 752K)

at least it's only -20 penalty. wait until you're high enough rank to get like -150 from going negative.

But open toitoi is somehow even easier to play around than open tanyao since they're almost always on a shanpon wait.

How does the money spending relate to summon scrolls? You spend money to get blue rings, and use blue rings to summon directly. Summon scrolls are there for F2P players.

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=40230

I want to stop playing but I still haven't gotten a fucking round/seat wind for the event

This is the closest I ever got to Achieve 13 Orphans only to get fucked by someone calling Kan with all of the 9p and get Ron'd in the end which got me in 4th place.

Attached: orphans.png (1093x291, 283K)

Fuck I was iishanten from the kokushi musou but some guy was faster.

3/4

That was a really boring round with that whale getting riichi ever damn hand in his first seven turns.

>South game
>never get to south

Attached: 1557630070884.gif (400x225, 902K)

>East game
>7 bonus rounds

>bitching about 2-shanten

At least get to tenpai before complaining about getting stuffed.

>East game
>get to south

>South game
>get to west

GG minasan,
I still need my damn wind yaku hand.

gg i didn't think i was gonna get that 7 pairs

Attached: curse of mudazumo.png (326x506, 78K)

But i want this!

atashi wishes you baibai, kuso haipai desu

Attached: 1543033801194.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

バイバイ、クソ配牌!

Because you then turn the trash you get into dust, which lets you get those summon scrolls. Basically, a player that is buying a small amount of stuff every month with real money is probably going to cap out on scrolls and then have nothing else to spend copper on aside from burning it all in ranked rooms.

The only reason 9 terminals and honors isn't worse is because the game has mercy on you and gives you a do-over.

How to end bad luck and slow hands

do you get more points if you kan after a riichi?

Descend into hell

if your hand is worth less than a mangan or you get doras, probably yes

Baibai, kuso haipai!

please dont spam this dumb image too much
the thread are hitting bump limit so fast as it is already
no need to turbo charge it even more
mods are already eyeballing these thread and board police keep bitching about veegee