Born in 1990

>born in 1990
>got my PlayStation in 97
>first games for it were Tekken 2 and Crash Bandicoot
>enjoyed many of the greats
>literally never got into Tomb Raider
>have only played the Nu-Lara 2013 reboot via PS4
>decided to just now try out the original Tomb Raider via PS3 store PSOne classics

Holy shit. Why is this so rad? This is so fucking cool how did i never get into this series? The exploration is super atmospheric.

Attached: AE92AC81-0EC0-4569-8320-AC38DC7296CD.jpg (713x713, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USIe8N7REkI
core-design.com/community_tr1laramoddings.html
trle.net/sc/search.php
hypersquare.trle.it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

one of the best games ever created

PC version was cooler tho

All original Tomb Raiders are great, with TR 3 being the best in my humble opinion.

I have the pc versions and my controller doesnt work. I hate using a keyboard.

if you play the sequels, do yourself a favour and play the PC version, being able to save anywhere is a godsend with the amount of unexpected traps they have.
The first game was more forgiving
you'll have to set the keyboard inputs to your controller, you can do this if you play it through steam, or use something like joytokey, though I think keyboard controls are fine for a game like this, it didn't have analog support anyway

Yo fuckers this game got motherfokken dinos in it

Legends, Anniversary and Underworld were flawed (especially the latter), but otherwise really fun game and it pisses me off that nuLara gets praised for being 'realistic', when honestly Legends-era Lara already did all of that and still managed to look good and kick ass.

With that said, fuck Crystal Dynamics. Gating off the ending of Underworld to the 360 is some prime jew behavior.

>realism
>Legends-era Lara already did all of that

bruh legends trilogy lara is the most cartoon of the lot of them. Even the original PS1 saga had blood in it. Legend feels to tomb raider what adam west was to batman.

It's unironically better on the keyboard since there's no analog movement and no camera control. The keyboard lets you "count" your steps and make very precise jumps.

Also you can install mods like this on the PC:
youtube.com/watch?v=USIe8N7REkI

>I need lots of blood in my video games
Go back to your favorite military shooter, zoom zoom.

>>born in 1990
arent you a bit old to still be here?

>he thinks he will leave
you're adorable

Based.
I completely missed tr in my early ears too, only got into it fairly recently. I just wish I could enjoy them and platformers in general as much as I like Lara.

Attached: trlegendtrailer.webm (960x720, 1.07M)

very flawed i'd say. but like okay maybe. played underworld on ps2 and got stuck because of bug or something. never bothered to finish it.

do dis bitch gotta man

nah TR2 was best

casual

TR1, TR2 and TR3 are amazing on keyboard. TR4 (last revelation) and TR5 (chronicles) too

aw man this game was fun

there's also gems like this
core-design.com/community_tr1laramoddings.html

Excuse me?

Attached: 1554884387379.png (636x800, 251K)

and don't listen the guy who will say that TR2 is better
TR2 is not very good

This

The retard's opinion.
TR2 took everything wrong with the first and amplified it.

The first few tomb raiders are on a level that no other platforming adventure game has every achieved

>save anywhere

Fuck off.

Making your way up a vertigo-inducing climb and feeling your asshole turn inside out as you make a desperate ledge-grab across a yawning abyss and make it to that next precious save is what Tomb Raider is all about.

Attached: 1997-gettyimages-829950704.jpg (1800x2700, 749K)

mate TR2 was pure atmosphere

TR3 was good too tho but TR2 had a bigger impact on me comparing it to TR1 back then. It felt like a whole new world

how to spot the underage

No need to get angry, it's just how I like to play the games.
I got crushed by a few too many unseen boulders in TR3 to enjoy it without quick saving

it'll to happen sooner than you think, kid

trle.net/sc/search.php
All 5 classics not enough for you? You can play custom levels here thanks to CORE releasing their level editor for free. You just download and click the .exe file.

The original TR1 was / is the best in the series in terms of atmopshere, even today. Muste be the ambiente music.

classic TR custom levels
trle.net

hypersquare.trle.it/
Try beating this fucker's level. If you don't know how to half-tile run and jump you are fucked.