Is he really the best Dark Souls representative for Smash?

Is he really the best Dark Souls representative for Smash?

Attached: Knight_Artorias.jpg (1540x942, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQaDjSVjtHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the only alternative in terms of popularity is solaire and he's got shit for moves

Uh, no? As far as movesets go, Gael or Soul of Cinder would be better.
If they're picking by fan favorites, Solaire and just give him some extra weapon arts moves. His final smash couldl be Gwyns sword slash that covers the whole screen.

Too easy

>another sword user

I haven't posted a smash bros movelist since speculating about the GameCube sequel on GameFAQs but you nearly had me there.
Why the fuck am I still here.

Chosen Undead and Solaire are both better representatives and have more moveset potential
Literally all Artorias does is flip around, get angry, throw poop, flip around more

Chosen Undead with Elite Knight Armor is the best representation, that being said neither is getting in

Chosen Undead is the best option with other armors like Faraam as alt costumes

Attached: 33970201_p0.jpg (850x419, 84K)

no. smash doesn't need another edgy dark swordsman, and I feel like him mindlessly stumbling around with his broken arm dangling is too much for nintendo.
solaire is your best bet, since he's upstanding and squeaky clean. he'd probably play like link, but with pikachu's specials.

Should be this guy

Attached: bc1d59e8c424e0b0a2109d3ab240ed81.jpg (811x825, 79K)

Personally using the generic character from the first game with a sword and shield could work.
Give him a stamina bar that works similarly to inklings ink in that is boosts the damage, range etc of some moves and do less damage when empty but it regenerates on it's own still.
And just have down b switch weapons.

What the fuck is this forced meme? Artorias? How do people think Artorias is a possible choice for Smash?

Let's be honest, if they add any DaS character it would 100% be solaire

only as an echo for the CU

Sif

SMASH YAAAAS

Attached: 1516318638735.gif (452x371, 59K)

Honestly there's only one real choice

Attached: 1527763051_preview_default_giant_dad.png (350x350, 175K)

it would be chosen undead and his alts would be different suits of armor

Smash is söy repellent.

LMFAO

youtube.com/watch?v=yQaDjSVjtHs

There's only one choice you fucks.

He's right, they avoid it because comparing themselves to the audience of gigantic stinking neckbeards makes them feel like real men. That and anything that requires more than holding down a thumbstick and pressing one button at a time is too difficult.

no nintendo games are onions repellent

The neat thing about a Chosen Undead character would be that even if he doesn't have different armors for his unlocks, the Elite Knight suit would still look amazing in the alt colors
>Alva, Bearer, 3knight, Soul of Cinder, Vilhelm, Fluted, and Pisspants

Cope.

>Nintendo games are onions repellant
BING BING WAHOO is the epitome of onions. Don't kid yourself.

I feel like either solaire for fan pandering or Oscar as he's supposed to be the hero-type representative of the chosen undead.

Söyboys hate Mario.

they love tranny link

*dubstep bgm kicks in*
Oh, the emelgee craze was great

nope that would be Oscar of Astora

Smash autists should fuck off to /vg/ once and for all
I can smell the BO in this thread

>smash and souls thread into one
Fuck this gay ass board.

Attached: 1553070162886.png (769x600, 415K)

Didn't they make a solaire amiibo? Of course it's gonna be him. The vast majority of people that bought DeS 1 never even seen artorias

>The vast majority of people that bought DeS 1 never even seen artorias
Wrong.

can you fucking read? I said "no nintendo games"

I'd dig up the achievement stats for DaS1 to prove you wrong but I already know I'm right and so I can't be bothered.

Solaire is a meme. A well known one. And Artorias is just another [RAGGED TALL HUMAN] boss that most players didn't even get to. If it's any souls character it won't be him.

Imagine preferring the stiff-as-a-board, bland, clunky, non-character that is the Chosen Undead. He's literally the least interesting thing about the franchise. If you think giving him Soul Spear makes up for his shortcomings, I don't even know what to tell you. Same goes for Solaire.

Artorias / Ornstein or bust.

Attached: sif.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>Artorias / Ornstein or bust.
Not even the best knight.

Attached: be698fc76881e8a392d1097ff38984ff.jpg (660x1211, 65K)

Literally Who.

>I'd dig up the achievement stats for DaS1 to prove you wrong but I already know I'm right and so I can't be bothered.
No, you looked up the achievement stats and saw I was right.

Bloodborne > Smash Ultimate > Sekiro > DaS 3 > Melee > DaS 1 > DeS > Smash 64 > DaS 2 > Brawl

THEY AREN'T GOING TO FUCKING PUT ARTORIAS IN SMASH BROS

STOP THIS SHIT INSTANTLY

57% of people have beaten Seath, meaning that most people have probably gone to the DLC and Artorias is only the second boss in the DLC.

Shit taste ITT

Attached: tumblr_ofq3t0ohg31tt3wuco1_500.gif (500x278, 1.69M)

>DaS 3 >
Stopped reading here.

9/10 taste. I'd put sekiro tied with bloodborne at number one personally though.

realistically normies don't know who fucking artorias is, if any souls character would be used to represent DS it would be the chosen undead in the elite knight set

>normies playing smash

wait

DaS3 is better than DaS1. Cope nostalgiacuck.

Y'all motherfuckers need the sun!

Attached: dL7kJ46.jpg (460x1104, 95K)

My wife.

Attached: Ciaran_Fanart.png (900x535, 250K)

From a pure gameplay perspective, Sekiro is as good if not better than Bloodborne, but Bloodborne has vastly more replayability from all the different weapon movesets.

Normies fucking love Dark Souls, retard.

Sekiro has much more replayability.

Chosen Undead is the only option with alternate outfits for the other games.
Artorias is a boss, nothing more.

>a game where you can't make your own character and must use the same primary weapon has more replayability than bloodborne

do go on

It's far less linear and much better mechanically.

Do you know what fucking website you're using? Of course I assumed you were retarded and meant to use a comma.

No, Smough as a heavy with a big hammer and the ability to "puff" up and slap you around with electricity is the right choice. Fuck the rest of you plebs.

Kek
Literally went to nexus mods and dowloaded a black jacket from sheer boredom

1/3rd of the game is linear, 1/3rd is like picking between a few paths that all converge based on needing certain items, then the last 1/3rd is just choosing your ending. Based on how short the game is, it is far more linear than BB and even worse when you throw in BB's DLC. BB actually isn't as linear as people try to claim, it just doesn't have thousands of ways to reach new areas, but it does allow multiple choices on where to go next.

>Implying that most people who bought PTDE as their first exposure to the game even figured out where the expansion content is

Big kek

Attached: image-4.jpg (2560x720, 515K)

>Implying they can't just look it up

(((Ornstein)))

>Playing a souls game and mapping out the areas on paper like it was an old school dungeon crawler or rogue like but instead of doing it to help you play you're doing it to get mad and win arguments about linearity in an action adventure game that never once claimed to have not sold itself upon nonlinearity as a main selling point

These levels of cringe defy all current understanding of science. How is this even possible???

If only 57% of them managed to beat seathe then the number of them that looked up how to access the DLC and then beat the portal guardian is surely lower than 50%

Make the image as neat looking as BB's and I'll bother looking at Sekiro's side.

Better something that is recognized than nothing at all!
If ya'll have never played a Dark Souls game (or Demon Souls, or Bloodborne), you're a pussy.

nigger, roughly only 40% of most people actually get to the final boss of any game, even when purchased at $60

thats not an argument for representation or lack of

No, shut the fuck up. Keep Souls trash out of Smash.

Well I'm glad you're seeing sense now. And yes it is. It's going to be first and only ever rep for the entire franchise, and you think they'll go for literal who boss over a well known internet meme with an established character, voice actor, and pleasant aesthetic? Come on bruh. Just admit you're a dummy and I'm right. It'll sting your ego for a little while and then you'll feel better for having identified and admitted to an error on your part and gained knowledge and insight from being corrected :)

Yes

Jesus fucking christ Sekiro is DaS3-tier with all those not-bonfires.

cope

Souls would be a good addition for the music alone

All the best tracks from DaS are somber in nature and wouldn't really make a good fit, unless they rearranged them.

based

Top 3, maybe top 5 in pure representation. However Chosen Undead and Solaire would be your basic sword and board characters, Artorias has very high potential moveset that would set him apart from other sword fighters, which would be appealing to Sakurai.

Solaire???