Final boss has four phases

>final boss has four phases
Whoever green-lit this is a fucking moron. Artificial difficulty at its finest

Attached: isshin.jpg (640x359, 24K)

I suck at vidya and I beat him.

I beat Dark Souls 1 and 3 so maybe you should take a chill pill instead of suggesting that I'm bad at video games

that's not what artificial difficulty means you fucking casual

>he thinks that means anything

Attached: file.jpg (480x360, 24K)

>first phase is literally a rehased boss with 1 extra attack that you can interrupt
>second phase it's a parry spam that you can easily cheese
>third phase is the "real" boss fight with actual hard attacks
>fourth phase is the same but easier because you can counter the lighting

it has 2 phases really

Attached: 1552976850160.jpg (539x442, 38K)

>excuses
git gud

Cheesing is gay shit for fag babies, but the rest is on point.

>Boss has hp bar
>I have to deplet it
Artifical difficulty at its finest

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 16K)

>i beat dark souls games so i should win!

Attached: 1526988349336.png (895x539, 42K)

1 and 3 are easy, only ds2 is hard and that's because it's janky as fuck, so it doesn't mean much. Literally just git gud.

I'm not going to waste 5 minutes of my time with a fight I know by memory when I can cheese it in 30 seconds and reach the real boss fight

Attached: 1555058316900.jpg (900x649, 72K)

Translation: I'm bad at video games, but can't admit it, so I cry about MUH ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY whenever I can't beat something

>final battle only has 4 phases
Why are games so babyfied nowadays

Attached: ActRaiser_Death_Heim.jpg (256x223, 36K)

Sounds like you need cheesing as a crutch for phase two, shitter.

1 is way harder than 2 on a blind playthrough. This is coming from someone who played 2 first and 1 second.

this, but I found the second phase the hardest, (always fought at a mid-range and didn't know you could just mash parry)

Genichiro dies in like 30 seconds though, but I do agree it's annoying as fuck.

You have maybe 8-10 flasks, enough emblems to last you forever, even more healing items, highest upgrades (hopefully) for your favorite prosthetics, and a couple of Juice Statues or whatever they're called. You'll be fine!

That boss still took me like 4 hours to beat.

>look at me being so tough and pretending to be 1337 GAMER on anonymous imageboard
lel

it's two real phases though, first two are easier than beating genchiro first time

Not him, but why even play a game like this if you're just gonna cheese the challenging shit? I can see with shitty or tedious bosses why you'd wanna just get it over with rather than actually do the fight, but Isshin's phases shouldn't last you long enough for you to do that unless you actually just suck at getting through them normally.

ok ill bite

>phase 1
takes about 30s if you play the game as it was supposed to, which is sword clashing
>phase 2
pretty neat
>phase 3
visible difficulty spike, but not that complicated
>phase 4
like phase 3 but with 2 more attacks

what makes it difficult i think is that you have to get through each phase just to practice the last phase and so on, but having the game checkpoint saving after each phase would make it way too easy

does anything change if you actually lose this fight? or does it respawn you to make you finish it? I'm on NG+++ charmless and still haven't lost to him. also, is there no way to carry on the demon bell curse to a new game or make them stack?

Attached: sekiro 2019-05-03 03-57-26-833.jpg (1920x1080, 861K)

>boss has seven phases
Whoever green-lit this is a fucking moron. Artificial difficulty at its finest

Attached: 1396315-sevforce05.png (481x320, 109K)

what's the point of cheesing phase 1 of Isshin, all of his moves are so easy to perfect deflect

>game shows you in no uncertain terms the number of pips you will have to take off to win
>artificial difficulty

here's your (You) you mongoloid

Is there any boss that has more phases than Seven Force?

The arcana is the means by which all is revealed

Attached: Nyx Avatar.jpg (772x943, 147K)

>it's fine when jRPGS do it

Is this your first time getting to a final boss? Many games do this, some even worse

>Only party members that don't have Diaharan are Junpei and Koromaru
>ultimate attack at the very end has a chance of charming anyone

Bravo Atlus. Otherwise I like the marathon boss style, but fuck that shit so hard.

Some challenges are just boring.
I play games to have fun.

>Infinite stamina
>A bundle of healing, damage and defence items at your disposal
>Can block/parry every attack for little to no damage whatsoever
>Revives

No excuse to anyone who died more than 4 times

Attached: 1513570519924.jpg (480x515, 47K)

Yeah you sure beat him on first playthrough retard

I miss when most games had final bosses with multiple stages.
There was a long time where that kinda died and you'd be lucky to get more than 2

The first two phases are baby mode lmao, they give you shitloads of opportunities for mikiris. The real problem is how fucking laggy it is. I had to run the boss over to the bridge at the start of the fight every attempt, where Genichiro would do an attack that covers the whole bridge and Isshin would walk slow as fucking mud.

Cheese is the first tenant of being a shinobi (fuck off dad)

faggots like u who say ds1 is hard deserve to be put to death that game is fucking tedious at best when u get cheesed but is otherwise a fucking cake walk if ur not a braindead moron like urself get bent

>Enough emblems to last you forever
>Highest upgrades for your favorite prosthetics
uhh...yeahh......sure....definitely had that........it's not like I'm some shitter that ran empty on spirit emblems the entire game

Attached: 1502668495325.gif (400x310, 445K)

>if I don't like something it's artificial difficulty

enough with this fucking meme. Unless the outcome is literally random you have no room to complain.

Attached: 1535295826512.png (478x456, 407K)

Best boss in the game. Get fucked.

Just farm the outskirt my dude

>ran empty on spirit emblems the entire game

how the fuck even

it's really a shame that all the cool shit you can do in combat (if you're not fighting mooks who may let you regain some spirit on a kill), you can only do 2-3 times, and pretty much all the useless shit that isn't worth the windup or can be almost always negated by dodging or deflecting correctly takes up 1-2 spirit emblems.
there needs to be a mod to take away the cap you carry or extend it. even with the upgrades 20 is pitiful and the windup to make the things worth it on actual fights are usually much more of a factor than the damage.

>parrying is considered cheesing
>not a main mechanic of the game you're supposed to use
I guess using the attack button, dodging, sprinting, tools, items, beads and using boss spirits to level up attack are all considered cheesing the game as well.

Attached: 1553938152551.png (446x435, 74K)

Isshin is difficult but well designed (though I thought the lightning attacks on the last round made it a little too easy). Demon of hatred on the other hand... Fuck that shit. Probably the longest I've ever spent on one boss. He basically goes against all the design principles the game had been setting up for the entire game and just suddenly decides for that not to be a thing anymore just for one battle.

>Get him caught between a tree
>Climb up tower
>Jump to wall
>Walk on roof
>He jumps off a cliff
>Wolf....thank you.....

>Cheesing

Why even do the fight then?

Nigga I never learned to parry and I beat this fuck. Just nike that shit.

>cheat
>WOOOOW THIS BOSS IS SO EASY OH MY GOD

Attached: Fag!.jpg (655x600, 73K)

>artificial difficulty
Why is this meme brought up every time a game has something like this? There is nothing artificial about multiple phases

>implying Dark Souls 1 is hard
>implying Dark Souls 3 is hard
You need even less precise control than in Sekiro and playing cautiously is rewarded.
It's punishing, not difficult

Sure but that's where all the """Difficulty""" of the Souls games comes from: that first run where you don't know what enemies can do and what the level lay outs are

If you actually think that you're retarded and didn't learn the fight
Just run up to him and deflect his attacks like literally every other boss
The only "different" things you deal with are fireballs (which can be avoided by running straight toward him), the jump slam (run away, jump and grapple) and the long range arm slam (run to the left, jump and grapple)

Unironically the most kino fight in From's history

Are you really surprised that Yea Forums is full of morons that are terrible at video games and basically just come here to bitch?

It's just one of those buzz phrases that Yea Forums likes to screech at anything they don't like.

>genichiro
genichiro is a bitch and if you have a problem with him you're just bad
>first phase
piss easy
>second phase
the real fight
>third phase
oh hey here's some easy win with lightning

It's not cheating, I just lured him off a cliff as any real ninja would do to deal with a raging demon like that.

>using bitch strats
no wonder emma is so disgusted by you

Bitch strats are the heart of being a ninja, did you even do the Owl fight?

I did learn the fight, and I beat it. I just thought the entire boss fight was poorly conceived. I did of course learn all of the things you said but I found it was far more effective to not parry him unless you absolutely have to because it doesn't do shit to his posture. It just felt like it relied more on trial and error far more than any other boss.

>owl
owl is easy since all you have to do is put pressure on him
same with owl2

Attached: 1538062854867.png (318x442, 145K)

not him, but I don't understand how people had trouble with owl. 2 is even easier since his other phase leaves him open to more attacks.

the game punishes you for being passive
this isn't a souls game where you wait for the boss to do shit and counter
owl is specifically there for you to punish his shit
don't just stand there and let him do shit

I found Isshin hard until I started to stay very close to him and keep parrying and attacking, and it took me one try since I figured it how it works.

Don't give up, user. The only true defeat is when you stop trying to achieve what you want.

>blaming the challenge because you couldn't rise up to it

Attached: aku0.jpg (1576x1920, 152K)

It's janky as fuck but the healing system is so broken it makes it easy
>99 healing gems

No. This has nothing to do with the actual mechanics of the Owl fight. Owl is this game showing you how ninjas act, Owl tries to cheese you constantly.

The only artificial difficulty is grind.

>artificial difficulty
that boss is one of the best final bosses in gaming seeing how he tests all of your sword skills, parrying, jumping, mikiri, lightning reversal, etc.

literally git gud

dark souls has coop, which I assume you used extensively seeing how you're suffering with the only from game with no coop.

Nigger this isn't dark souls. This isn't even close to how bad Frieda is

ok, I see what you're saying. and yeah, I'd agree with you, but I wish they took it further. I kinda wish they took it further with every boss to differentiate them more.

The third phase isn't that easy on NG+++ when the lightning reversals don't absolutely decimate him

is it that big of a difference from NG++? because I did it with the demon bell and still had an easy time.

Hesitation is Defeat OP

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

lightning gives you a free hit

>there's literally a stat that increases your dodge i-frames
>the game is hard
pick one

It still does like 1/4 of his health and a big chunk of stamina, he seemed to use it less but I might've just been unlucky.