Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of it?

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of it?

Attached: cb5424b775d4a6ac28320eb5b30dcc7b97963185 (1).jpg (616x353, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7lVAFcDX4eM
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558134153437.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's awesome, I really want to make something like it but as part of a more normal game.

I was about to pick this up, but discounted Satisfactory is also tempting me for some reason.

>but discounted Satisfactory is also tempting me for some reason.
because you are stupid

It's a great way to do forward-only time travel.

Did the full game come out or what? It was still in unreleased last time I played.

The dust hasn't settled.
Don't. Epic Games is literal cancer and the entire point of their sale is just to lure more idiots into using their system.

Very true.

They're different games which strike a similar itch. Factorio has a free demo, so you should try that.

It's very close to release, and completely finished.

Fantastic game, feeds my particular strain of autism very well. Multiplayer is super fun too

Any good mods?

Another autism simulator apart from zachtronics games

That reminds me of Factory Town, it's basically Factorio but 3D and in a fantasy setting.

Attached: save4_3.png (650x387, 605K)

Excluding Bob's + Angel's for infinite autism?
Factorissimo for compartmentalizing your factory.

> the entire point of their sale is just to lure more idiots into using their system.
to be fair, steam does not do sales out of philanthropy either, both are trying to expand their business, but steam does it less disgusting.

Okay, I'll give you that. They're both businesses, but Epic has much scummier practices and I hate that the Satisfactory developers, whom I loved for the Sanctum games, fell for it.
>Their 1 year exclusivity deal doesn't actually start until after it leaves Early Access so it could be years until we see it on Steam

People actually bought that shit?
From a company so disrespectful to their customers?

Yep. A lot of people bought it the first day they could. Cause they don't care that Epic is a literal tumor on the video game industry. They just wanna play gaems.
Coincidentally, they accidentally gave me the experimental branch for free (cause I somehow still had the F2P weekend event from a while back in my Ebin Library). It's pretty fun.

I was really disappointed with satisfactory. It feels more like a choir than anything else. Its a nice looking game but its simply not that fun to play relatively to factorio. Factory town is fun too by the way.

Well it it hasn't been in development as long as Factorio yet, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it to hold up. It's mostly the temptation to get it while it's significantly cheaper.

Factory Town has also been on my watchlist for a while.

>it hasn't been in development as long as Factorio
>so I wouldn't necessarily expect it to hold up
It can't hold up because it's a pretty 3D-space game. Your factories can't get anywhere near as massive as in Factorio before your frame rate starts tanking. And even if they could, you have a fixed-size map to work in whereas in Factorio you don't. So sooner or later, Factorio always wins.
+Mods.

I've had the opposite experience, I think the game is great even in its unfinished state. I really don't give a fuck about the epic store shit, so there's that

Attached: Screenshot20190427-00203300000.png (1600x900, 3.09M)

Attached: Screenshot20190506-16432600000.png (1600x900, 3M)

What's a game where I can completely destroy the ecosystem just for industry? Something like Dig n' Rig, Minecraft, and dorf fort.

>been trying to do a lazy bastard/no lasers/no logistics/no solar/railworld game
>dumbass me decided to hike the biter bases up to large

Attached: 1550225766576.jpg (599x563, 50K)

One of the best games ever made desu
>extremely satisfying gameplay loop
>made with modding in mind
>runs really well, devs continually work on optimization
>EA done right
>has a demo
>weeky blogs by the devs, detailing what they're working on and the challenges they're facing
>clear pipeline

yes

It's pretty good.

Attached: 1553759064815.jpg (1615x917, 321K)

Me n my gf

Attached: c.c._and_spazkoga.jpg (1024x588, 351K)

basically no reason to play it after designing a nuclear reactor

DinoSystem has ecosystem desctruction from just a single caveman but not much industry.

Attached: 2a89b847-cb3a-4fba-8d46-a367fdaaa87e.jpg (400x225, 19K)

Attached: 1556569029561.jpg (1068x1320, 92K)

It's pretty fun but it's one of those games that's very niche. The challenges were fun and made it more interesting. Did lazy bastard at the same time as steam only and no laser turrets and logistic network embargo. Actually ended up being my fastest play through. Put about 200 hours in so far but I can leave it alone for very long periods then put 20-40 hours in and drop it again.

Build the big bertha artillery train.

satisfactory
>put down 1 miner
>put down 1 assembler
>put down 1 chest thing
>wait 5 minutes
>get enough material for the research (could have hand crafted it in 2 minutes)

factorio
>kill monsters in an area
>quickly set up wall/turret defense to hold ground
>build train network
>bring supplies for mining outpost on train
>build miners, belt balencer, and train loader
>set up new trains
>expand smeltery
>design a compact way of producing the new product
>place 20x of that new design
>connect it will the rest of the factory
>start producing science 100x faster than hand crafting

yeah, satisfactory is so tempting

This. Especially after fuckhuge ups optimized reactor that doesn't use heatpipes and built over lake since it's so soulcrushingly time and effort consuming, but at the same time nothing past that even remotely as interesting.

You're really not giving it enough credit. And yes, Factorio is still better even when you aren't shitposting.

Factorio

>Click generate map a few times until you have basics in a decent configuration around you

>Mine a couple rocks, will probably get lucky and find one with coal

>Rush through burner drills to electric in no time

>Have a few machines doing red science and belts with inserters and chest

>Throw up first iron and copper smelting lines

>Belt out resources and build production along it

>By the time you hit electric smelters you can just drop them in and remove the coal line

I usually don't have to bother with anything but a few gun turrets up to that point and that's on the usual starting area. By the time pollution becomes a factor you can just speed through enough tech to keep you alive

>Create first two smelter lines

Factorio

>Click generate map a few times until you have basics in a decent configuration around you

>Mine a couple rocks, will probably get lucky and find one with coal

>Rush through burner drills to electric in no time

>Have a few machines doing red science and belts with inserters and chest

>Throw up first iron and copper smelting lines

>Belt out resources and build production along it

>By the time you hit electric smelters you can just drop them in and remove the coal line

I usually don't have to bother with anything but a few gun turrets up to that point and that's on the usual starting area. By the time pollution becomes a factor you can just speed through enough tech to keep you alive

On the subject of similar games like Factory Town, has anyone tried Evospace?

Attached: evospace.jpg (1280x694, 430K)

even when you do force yourself to scale up (since the game doesnt) to say, 1 rotor/second, most of the gameplay is just just making sure the conveyors dont make too sharp corners while trying to keep your factory on some kind of grid so it looks good for screenshots
resources are infinite, you have plenty of space, and if you thing you are going to run out, just make another giant platform up in the sky

Better.

This is how you make 24 blue belts of green circuits

Attached: 20190507155003_1.jpg (1920x1080, 429K)

For me, it's Oxygen not Included

Attached: plastic.png (1920x1080, 3.69M)

very much this

It is absolutely amazing.

How's it coming along anyway? I've been shying away from it cause while Klei's games are good, I don't like touching them till they're done.

I stop playing ever since they add germ and no way to clean them in early stage.
I got OCD every time I see someone or something got infected by germs.
Every purified water now always got germs in it.

Seems like there are still 2 big updates planned but the game is already in a good state.

Have you tried using chlorine and sinks?

Attached: mushroom farm.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

It doesn't consistently get better, some updates are fuckups, others are improvements
They want to release it soon

One big problem is that if Klei isn't properly shat on for fucking up, they dig themselves into the fuckup instead of fixing it.
The community is really important when it comes to containing the fuckups of the devs.

How do I get chlorine in early stage where I just invented Purifier to purified polluted water with tons of germs in it?
How do I used chlorine to cleaned tons of water that got germs in it?

I was going to buy this yesterday because of the epic sale, but they removed it from the store. Now the feeling of having lost out is stopping me from considering buying it at full price.

Which is most likely why they removed it in the first place, but it's already been devalued in my brain.

its currently only exist in steam you dumb cuck.

Don't use purified shitwater for cooking.
You can actually use it for sinks.
Using it for oxygen is also safe if you let it stand for a while since food poisoning dies quickly in gas.

Pirate it if you want to see if you will like it and then buy it on steam for workshop support if you do.
Depends on the world, sometimes there won't be any chlorine near the starting pocket.
If you've got some, make a closed room where you store your water inside tanks and then pump the gas in.
I've encircled my setup for that but there are some other ways to do it too.

Attached: great hall.png (1920x1080, 3.35M)

>giant mob in the sky
>shooting at it didn't work
>build up to it
>no hitbox
Did they fix that bullshit?

oops, I didn't attach the right picture.

Attached: water purification.png (1920x1080, 3.39M)

problem is I need water for research and gardening, even when i'm not using it for gardening transporting also make germs moved around via the clones.
>RNG and no actual tools just to clean water from germ
Moving from Factorio, ONI game was a great management game when I played it during Alpha.
Now it feels the devs just adding things for the sake of adding it.

Germs are not that dangerous when you know what you're doing, even without access to chlorine. Make sure you are careful when you dig open slime areas and put sinks and deodorizers between you and that area and most of your slimelung related problems are solved.

You have tons of non-shit water at start, you can research tons with it.
For berries, you can research hydroponics and then use shitwater without having it in the clean water pool.
Germs that are never handled by dupes can never infect them.

You can also make a second water loop that doesn't involve shit in any way. Germs don't spawn on polluted water, they only multiply there if something puts them there.

>Now it feels the devs just adding things for the sake of adding it.
Plenty of the additions are actually important.
For example, rockets are the endgame resource sink that lets you make cool shit at high cost.
There are fuckups, like germs, tubes, hats, puft farming, carpets, tall paintings etc., but there are still many meaningful changes.

A game by autists, for autists.

Have some solar powered spaghetti

Attached: spaget.jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

I know the game still can goes one with it.
I just said the game was more manageable back then because all the problem always got solution to it.
Water is one of many aspect that important in it and I feel they never care about germs and I hate playing with shitty colony full of germs.

They recently reworked infections.
I like the feel of having separate "clean colony" area and "shit-covered shit" rest of the planet.

Can you explain what's the problem with those?
>germs, tubes, hats, puft farming, carpets, tall paintings

There are still many solutions to it.
I rarely have any problems dealing with germs even after the update.
If you can't find any solutions yourself maybe look some videos up to help you.

Dude, I got this many hours with Alpha alone until they start adding germs. i know how to handle problem in this kind of game.
What I want is to clean polluted water from germs in early stage, so I can continue the game germs free.
I even managed run a 100 colonies before with no polluted gas inside my base, full clean Oxygen base.
But this germs exist at the start of the game and there is no way to clean the purified water without the using exploit.

Attached: Capture.jpg (872x509, 53K)

>Install Bob's Mods except for the ore mods because I like the idea of more stuff to tool around with just without changing icons of ore or research
>Find out the batteries need lead plates
>Forced to choose between installing Bob's Ores and going hunting for another ore, building another ore processing facility, then running it back to base, or uninstalling everything
On the upside, it broke my second phase of Factorio addiction.

Attached: 1514122646844.png (351x364, 258K)

Germs:
>hit new players hard
>old players just use cookie-cutter solutions like deodorizer spam, then they're safe from most germs
>full protection requires knowing arcane details, like one-germ-type-per-tile, clean/polluted oxygen interaction, suit and sink germ immunity
Tubes:
>noob trap
>expensive to use, minor gains in speed
Hats:
>only important early game because Klei is afraid of bonuses better than "+10% mining speed at night if you're wearing robe of Archimagi"
>plenty of micromanagement to maximize gains
Pufts:
>incredibly low gains, certainly not worth it
>horrible micromanagement required to set up
Carpets, tall paintings:
>do nothing new
>can be replaced by having glass ceiling with statues on it

>Satisfactory
That shit is way too early access. Wait for another year.

I keep telling you fucks to go for modded minecraft. It's unironically the best "3d factorio" out there.

First and only time I made the conscious decision to stop playing a game for the sake of my sanity. Tetris effect hit me hard on this one, I would go to bed, close my eyes and see conveyor belts.

Attached: 1287640143345.jpg (475x302, 62K)

So it's pure OCD/tism?

>I would go to bed, close my eyes and see conveyor belts.
And it's a good thing.

Here my game from 4 months ago, I tried any solution to create a germs free purified water and still got nothing.
Every water I tried to cleaned always got more germs in with a single drop of purified water machine.

ergotherapy for autists and assburgers.

normal people will be bored after 2 hours because after 2 hours you already built some/most of the machines or circuits and the only goal is to build even bigger circuits that are 3.7% more efficient etc.

I and the other user have already posted some solutions, why don't you try them?

Hats are only cosmetic now since the last update.
Pufts can be worth it in the right situation I guess carpets really are not that great but tall paintings have the advantage that they can be build in mid air.

Yeah I had the same. My eigengrau had a moving negative imprint of the belts. It was really hard to sleep.

The conveyor belts definitely get in your mind.

Fuck hiromoot.

Yep, what do you expect from game that got into my recommendation when I open factorio store page?
This game was perfect before the germs update.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1898x1011, 683K)

>solar powered
BEGONE ELF

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

>I and the other user have already posted some solutions, why don't you try them?
Because the solution is on late game, and its a freaking exploit.
If I venture out side of my base then early game, then I opened my based for shitty slime germs and polluted Oxygen.
If I tried to moved around the slime, then I will be running out of Alge or clean water to create O2.

Its a fucking mess for Management Game.

Everything has efficiency modules and it's all defended by robot supplied gun turrets that hardly get used because the pollution radius is minuscule and the biters regenerate very slowly on the borders.

How is putting down deodorizers and sinks down a exploit or lategame?

>Hats are only cosmetic now since the last update.
I mean the whole job system, hats was just a mental shortcut.
>Pufts can be worth it in the right situation
Not really. Do the math and you'll find they're expensive to maintain and gains are terrible.
Critters in general suck except for food.

>Yep, what do you expect from game that got into my recommendation when I open factorio store page?
Factorio isn't complete OCD, though. It requires you to periodically tear down and set up mines, adjust to biters, handle shit wrecked by biters away from logical posts.
ONI is a degree lower in 'tism, but not a whole order of magnitude lower. If you can handle Factorio anti-tism, ONI shouldn't be that triggering.

One of the best games I’ve ever played, my only wish is some sort of Starcraft/40k aesthetic or adaptation mod.

The exploit what I'm talking about is putting chlorine rock inside clean water full of germs or heating it with geyser or magma.

I would unconsciously move things around my office table imagining they were factory parts trying to figure out the most efficient way to place them. Shit was fucked. At some point my coworker commented on how organized my table was not realizing how silly the placement of all my stuff was.

>How is putting down deodorizers and sinks down a exploit or lategame?
Also this doesnt clean the water from germs.

Is Factorio really all just about optimization with no other motivation?

It's amazing.

Rock in water won't work, heating the water is as much of an "exploit" as heating ice to melt it is.

What other motivation do you need? You want a fucking cookie?

>The exploit what I'm talking about is putting chlorine rock inside clean water full of germs or heating it with geyser or magma.
Why do you think that's a exploit?

>tfw angelbobs+Smelting Patch, SpaceX and ScienceCostTweaker

only thing more autistic is Py desu

Truly amazing game. Got 38 hours out of it and I'm not even autistic.

The game is a literal autism engine

Attached: 1545063551419.jpg (706x960, 51K)

>38 hours
I probably spent that much time or more playing with trains when I got to them

You can go full autism if you want with vanilla factorio
youtube.com/watch?v=7lVAFcDX4eM

I wont argue about semantics.
ONI still doesn't let me to clean germs in early game.
Its freaking weird when they got tons of research tools for other things but not for cleaning germs from water.

That's when you should starting modding;
>Make the biters more challenging (Rampant)
>No Hand Crafting
>Marathon crafting cost or random crafting/speed/modifiers
>Belt require power
>Belts overflow
Now you won't have such a easy time

its already out of EA

Attached: casual.jpg (275x618, 59K)

Just finished my very first vanilla playthrough of Factorio lads. Restarted once because my original base was so fucking spaghetti'd that I just opted to start a new run. Is it normal that I felt like I was cheating once I unlocked the Logistics Network? Those robots are way too damn good.

What are some good mods that implement more vertical building into the mix? I know they already had tunnels that are a level lower but are there mods that further expand on that?

Needs a better campaign

>Its freaking weird when they got tons of research tools for other things but not for cleaning germs from water.
Because you don't need to do it.
Why would they add something just for the sake of autists who don't want to adapt?

Utter lack of difficulty.
Utter lack of endgame content.
Utter lack of depth.
Literally just "do this basic-ass gameplay loop of these same few recipes over and over while babby-tier enemies occasionally pelt at you"
Could this game BE any more early access survival crafting?

Attached: chandler.jpg (355x236, 16K)

both games are similiar in the fact you have to unlock the tool to automatisatize but

>satysfactory
that the whole game, go 2000km to the west for oil and 3500km north for geotermal energy
and that it check the milestone and you are done

>factorio
unless you have 500IQ you play with bitters off because you have to learn how to git gud but your 1° world will be absolute shit because of spaghetti so your 2°world wil have a "main bus" but your factory will be build only to produce what you need and have 0 forward planning for the future
so by the time you make that FUKING BLUE CARD you ragequit and make a 3° world and them you send the rocket with a satellite and fell like you can finaly play with bitter on but you get destroy and 150 hours have pass

Posts like this make me kek.

Get satisfactory

>bitters off
Just build walls/gates and defenses bro

>Who don't want to adapt?
Adapt from what? The game still can goes on with germs on my base.
You can even make your clones sick, died and going on with a single colonist and the game will still moved on.
The only thing I want from this game is a perfect clean run, because its managing game, not survival game because when you hits late game you pretty much got infinite resource.
Why are you so defending it?

Attached: 1234821151897.png (400x400, 26K)

I have an autistic addictive personality and I'm afraid to get this game. I can't tell if it will have an overall positive effect (scratch and itch so I don't obsess elsewhere) or whether it would just feed the beast.

I can never tell nowadays if this is bait or legit retarded post. Reverse ironic shitposting was a mistake.

Please just stop posting.

Thank god for blueprints

Attached: 2018-04-30 11_56_38-Factorio 0.16.38.png (883x1363, 2.77M)

It'd only feed the beast.

What about it is bait?

>play factorio for hundreds of hours while at home
>go to work to an actual factory
what's wrong with me

Definitely the latter

You will constantly have a list of problems that your factory has that you solve in order one after another and the list only grows with time, it never gets any smaller. You will constantly think about your factory even logged off.

are you german by any chance?

beacons are kind of retarded

Just use angels mods too. No 25 wild ores to look for, just a few to refine into the 25.

I want the germans to leave.

Everything. I'm not wasting time to address every point. Not worth it.

HEIL MERKEL

>Your opinion is bait but I can't refute it
Sure thing kiddo, enjoy your shit game that you only lap up because it makes you feel "smart"

>The only thing I want from this game is a perfect clean run
So you're an autist who doesn't want to adapt, that's it.
>its managing game, not survival game
Literally semantics
Those aren't concrete definitions and there is nothing wrong with mixing elements from those two undefined categories.

I'm not german though which is nice

i don't use blueprints because is like "please play the game for me" but i really like how even now you can see people debating about the best nuclear reactor blueprint

I already hit end game, 300 hours of infinite resource at late is nothing challenging anymore That's why I tried to push more content of this game by making a clean run.
What do you want me to do?
Let the game run by it self after 1K cycles?
There's nothing else todo.

I like satisfactory but its main appeal, that being a 3d factorio that allows you to go ham on verticality, isn't nearly as satisfying as I imagined.
Did anyone else feel that? Like there's just something slightly off that makes optimizing your system via vertical building a bit wonky.

A clean run is a stupid idea, though.
A challenge should be measurable, not one of those "I kinda try to do kinda like a bit like this".

That's what you do when your game is running out of good content.

You can't milk a game forever.
I have just a bit above 1k hours in ONI. 1k of playable shit is pretty good, especially considering that Klei isn't made of vidya design experts but talented amateurs.

>neat orderly lines
>Spaghetti

Pick one

Nuclear power is kind of bullshit. With the name, you'd think it's some kind of endgame power supplier, but really, it's niche middle game alternative to steam while you get your solar farm up and running

>amateurs
It still baffled me why they make a management game but not thinking about this simple problem.
Literally everyone is running hundreds cycles of game with poo water and the only solution is by using exploit.
What even shitty is, a single drop of clean water got contaminated by a drop of puke will turned the whole water into germ's water in a minute with no solution to clean it.

Are you baiting?

one big component about factory games is space if you build up you pretty much have infinite space
so is like using easy mode so the terrain is not a problem for you aka cheating

Jesus fucking Christ!
Having an opinions is baiting now?

Spaghetti > Clean

This image gave me cancer

>he doesnt go for 1000 sci/min

I'll bite
What exploit?

>but really, it's niche middle game alternative to steam
you are either burning coal or oil to fuel those generator so nuclear energy save you a lot of resources in the long run also the space use for nuclear energy is WAY less that steam

I don't even like it very much and I agree with this. Right up there with Terraria.

I don't know, how do you clean germ from 100 tons water real fast?
The only guide exist in the internet are just exploit of using tons of resource and time that doesn't worth it compare to just let my colonist used germ's water and be done with it.

> B+A on expensive mode
> had the briliant idea to have train outposts cluttered together making some sort of a city
> takes 4 minutes to drive from 1 side to the other
> no room to expand, need to make several similar outpost
> game is so messed up that blueprints are not working
> 300hrs in, still not in 3th science

Attached: OHBOI3.png (850x779, 138K)

Yes, exactly my point. If you can't get to pure solar fast enough, nuclear energy will suffice until you get there.

>3th
Are you Japanese?

Attached: 1530651641802.png (526x645, 521K)

>I don't know, how do you clean germ from 100 tons water real fast?
You don't, because you don't need to and there is no benefit to doing so.
You produce 1 ton of clean water from ungermed polluted water and use 99 tons germed, in places where germs aren't a problem.

>pure solar
is that even possible with biteers on?
no seriously sounds like you need a lot of space just for the batterys
besides mega factoris always have nuclear reactor so pure sollar sound like madness to me

>You produce 1 ton of clean water from ungermed polluted water and use 99 tons germed, in places where germs aren't a problem.
How do you this early game under 50 cycles?

Wh-when do my factories start looking as "neatly organized" as other people's.

pic related: 2nd factory, 23h so far

Attached: 20190515002558_1.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

Rush water sieve, find a pocket of ungermed polluted water which are common in slime biome, sieve a ton of it.
There, 1 ton of ungermed water.

If you're having water problems, you aren't conserving enough.

when you plan ahead and take your time. try to align power poles helps a lot.

Attached: 20180828230631_1.jpg (1920x1018, 432K)

Depends on the person. Judging by what I'm seeing, you're looking at about 150 hours before they start looking nice.
Very nice for only 23 hours of total play-time.

Then I got problem with polluted gas in early game now.
Since early game got I got no research for better doors or electricity research.
Rushing research mean depleting clean water from base area.
I know, I know just don't go full autistic and go bath on shitty gas and water, no one care.
In the end it will be just my another boring rush to end game with infinite resource again.

>Rushing research mean depleting clean water from base area.
You have a lot of it there, if you're ending up water-starved you're really doing something wrong.
You only need water for research and oxygen. Some is useful as food, but you can switch to shrooms or mass mealwood if you're low on water and somehow haven't found a steam geyser yet.

>In the end it will be just my another boring rush to end game with infinite resource again.
Then why fixate on that tiny non-problem of de-germing water?
It's not like it will change your endgame.

Yeah, I think that's my main issue. I do shit hap hazardly to get the resources I need NOW instead of thinking ahead.

>Then why fixate on that tiny non-problem of de-germing water?
>It's not like it will change your endgame.
Not really, in alpha the end game is complete shit but manageable with clean base. I can run 100 colonies base until I ran out of resource because back then sands are limited and geyser doesnt exist yet.
In this game more than 100 colonies only mean you giving up because your PC is shitting up because Unity cant handle too many stuffs.
The only stuff left is clean base from start to end, and no one manage to do it yet.

>In this game more than 100 colonies
In current version

>The only stuff left is clean base from start to end, and no one manage to do it yet.
What
You mean some autistic ill-specified challenge where you randomly say the base is "clean" because there is only x visible germs in it?
And how would this arbitrary pseudo-challenge be "the only thing left"?

If you want actual challenges, try shit like dietary restrictions. Those don't rely on random gut feelings about what counts as clean.

Why do you so defending this game so much?
What's wrong with set my own challenge when the game itself doesn't provide anything of sort beside grind yourself to no end game content?
Even Factorio got map generator or mod to make the game more fun, this game doesn't.
I don't want to compare both game because you will accused me to some shit like fanboywars.

Again, why are you defending it so much? I'm not even trolling.

Are there any other colony builders like Oxygen Not Included?

Rimworld is probably the best. Lots of mods too.

I'm not defending the game as such, I know plenty of wrong with it.
It's just that your complaint is nearly completely irrelevant, it's just a very specific personal autism that affects the game only for a very small minority of players and isn't an objective flaw.

>What's wrong with set my own challenge when the game itself doesn't provide anything of sort beside grind yourself to no end game content?
The part where your challenge is non-measurable and thus you arbitrarily say whether you won or failed it.
And the part where you say that the problems with your challenge are supposedly the problems with the game itself.

>And the part where you say that the problems with your challenge are supposedly the problems with the game itself.
But it is, this game got tons of tools to fix stuff from polluted gas or germs from machinery or platform.
But when it come to water, "just step out to this are full of slime"
I'm not really saying its problem to the game, its the problem to the game design.
>It's just that your complaint is nearly completely irrelevant
Its sounds irrelevant to you because the game got no more content to amused me anymore.
If you okay with no end game content grindfest, then good for you.

I agree with you lad

Also no one care about polluted gas in this game
I've seen lot of people playing with base full of polluted oxygen and people just let it there, but we got tools to clean polluted oxygen since the beggining.
But not for water, what the fuck?

Good game, never goes on sale so piracy is justified

>I'm not really saying its problem to the game, its the problem to the game design.
Not being able to do something that isn't essential is not a "problem with game design".
Learn to work around the limitations instead of pretending they're artificial difficulty.
>If you okay with no end game content grindfest, then good for you.
I did multiple challenges, but they were actual challenges that I could succeed or fail at.
I wouldn't do bullshit like your "maybe kinda try to clean" pseudo-challenge because it's bordering on roleplaying, not an actual challenge.

Why clean something that doesn't affect anyone?
Most ONI players aren't autists with OCD.

>Why clean something that doesn't affect anyone?
Then why the tool exist?
This is why I quote amateurs before and bad game design.
I don't give a shit about getting called autist or OCD.

this

Because oxygen, unlike water, is hard to use without cleaning it, hard to clean without deodorizer, will spread around and infect dupes if uncontained.
Problems with germy water:
>you can't cook with it
>you can't carry it around much
Problems with germy oxygen:
>if you don't clean it, everyone will breathe it and get slimelung, fucking you over hard
>it doesn't sit in one spot, unlike water
>it infects nearby clean oxygen, unlike water
>it is produced from slime you dig out

Also, deodorizer doesn't even remove germs, it only turns polluted oxygen to clean one. Just like sieve does with water.

Everything takes so god damn long and spamming things is unaesthetic

you are a little baby

Attached: ringbus.jpg (2560x1440, 2.04M)

Get on my balancer level, plebs

Attached: 1558023816641.webm (1200x684, 2.77M)

>31 seconds... for a 2:4 balancer
Jesus Christ.

No need to go for the best. Just look up the ratios and fucking build it,

Attached: factorio 2019-05-17 17-48-36-383.jpg (1680x988, 1.08M)

>Factorio vs. Satisfactory
What if... I bought both? It's not like either is AAA priced.

>the best nuclear reactor blueprint

Attached: polplaysfactorio.jpg (966x836, 403K)

Zoom on those belts up there

>Asked about polluted O2 and why no one give a fuck when deodorizer exist
>Most ONI players aren't autists with OCD.
>Asked about why the tools exist then
>because polluted O2 tl;dr
Are you the same person?

GREEN POWER
All ze biters will be iliminated

Im still mad that nuclear power produces no pollution, nor do the nukes or the portable nuclear reactor

Are you baiting?
I mean this is some bait level mental gymnastics equating pockets of polluted oxygen far away where they hurt no one with polluted oxygen in general, which hurts anyone walking through freshly dug slime tunnels.

WHY IS THIS GAME SO ADDICTING?

This
Nuclear reactors should randomly explode and wipe few screens of shit around them
Chernobyl and Fukushima

Blood for the patriots
Oil for the soil
Tears for the dead
War is our toil

Attached: 1546457617251.png (2000x1104, 842K)

Fallout mod when?

i've owned this game for 3 days

i can't stop fucking playing it

Attached: ss+(2019-05-17+at+03.58.59).jpg (513x154, 18K)

I mean I'm not that bothered honestly they do produce waste that you can recycle so there's that but i'm pretty happy with it.
Fucking maniac over here

Funny thing is I realized you just need 2 fucking splitters for a 2:4. But hey it also works for 1/4. Oh wait, same thing

That's the first rush you get. Insane amounts of dopamine.
Then as it tapers off you start looking and comparing designs. It's a lot of fun.
I don't remember the last time i felt that much joy for a videogame , maybe my first ps1 and crash .

No, I'm not.
I was saying that most people doesn't give a fuck about polluted O2 despite some problem with it. And then you said this
>Most ONI players aren't autists with OCD.
I literally talking about Polluted O2, not water.
Then I asked why tool that can clean it exist, and then you go said it affect the game in a bad way
Even worst than water. So why the fuck you said "Why clean something that doesn't affect anyone?"

current map

Attached: 20190517154050_1.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

I realized the problem I have with these sorts of games is that the systems you design are allowed to be too perfect. Having raids and invasions is a cheap way to try and inject a little chaos, but themselves become too easily countered.

Lol @ your Fucking defenses.
Step it up son

dont have the map right now
if the thread stays up 4 hours i might dig it up

we don't think of it

I didn't plan for this.

Attached: factorio 2019-05-17 18-04-44-234.jpg (1680x988, 1.1M)

We know you pussy. Now get back in egg so i can call you a woman

>defenses
just throw some bullets in a gun every now and then lmao

That's a big problem with all sandbox games and it can't be solved forever.
I like how Factory Town solves it temporarily: it speeds up every building as the game progresses, so your old designs become subpar.

Other games try to solve it with events, but that's risky.
For example, Rise of Industry has events that raise upkeep of all buildings, but that can turn to ultra tedium if you suddenly need to deactivate tons of shit because it causes loss until end of the event.
Rimworld has the really shitty solution with things randomly breaking down and requiring costly repairs.

For real. Comparing my nasty fucking base to what you guys are posting is kind of incredible- my shit works, it's nowhere near optimal, and it's this weird patchwork solution to make sure that everything has power and material inputs.

Then i scroll through the thread and people are making these incredible looking bases with optimal designs and it makes me want to push harder and make something worthwhile

this game is dangerous

>he doesn't get the fuck away from the starting area for neutron star density resources

Attached: 1552495700763.webm (1680x958, 2.71M)

>mining productivity 63
Jesus Dicksucking Christ

1v1 me

is this how people make mega bases?

I cant fathom a megabase relying on 2m ore patches

factory must grow.

Attached: GROW.jpg (1920x1200, 902K)

Yeah, and black hole density biters.

I recently made a mine on a 50M patch of iron and needed to exterminate easily a few hundred hives just to run the railroad back to base.

that's a lot of bugs, goddamn

I tried playing with bob's + angels

Attached: 20180330180434_1.jpg (1920x1080, 703K)

>back to base
Just abandon the old base, you can manage it remotely with bots which is fun as fuck. Your roboport networks are gonna look like pic related but fuck it. I look forward to going back to check it after a few dozen hours see if it survives. Im done building outposts remotely, gotta let it die sometime

Attached: factorio 2019-05-17 18-20-56-950.jpg (1680x988, 766K)

>tried
Did you give up?

>tfw accidentally delete a blueprint book

mega factories don't have nuclear that often because its really hard on your ups. at least if you're insane enough to play far enough that ups start being a concern.

It is.
Keep at it

Home is where starter bases are, there are many places better , but nothing compares to home.

I fucking love the flamethrower

turrets* Sorry, hit post prematurely

Is you is or is you ain't my baby??
i'm pretty athletic 194cm with below 89kg have some boxing experience, but one thing they teach you is to never underestimate the other person no matter how faggy he is so what's your character build?

Both

Iron cross solar setup
Mein Schwarzgger

Yea its me, just you wait untill I take jiu-jitsu classes

Just fuck already
And post pics

fuck

Attached: 20190517164237_1.jpg (1920x1080, 839K)

It's great, hail our Czech overlods!

I've always wanted to start, but I'm always so tired from wageslaving that i can't bring myself to do it, would rather save for guns and bulits.
Shutup faggot , the men are talking here

Attached: 1546123016221.jpg (1252x640, 345K)

Zchzeilzczh

See, I just wish that in Factorio your massive complexes looked more organic rather than just copy-pasted sprawl.

I want to build one HUGE furnace, rather than 100 small ones.

What the fuck are you doing . Do not aggro just get artillery and shell them to the lord, cleanse the lands, make some grass grow.

hello

Attached: 1551273916741.png (786x508, 924K)

I was riding on a bus one day and started admiring how neatly cars joined the lanes, comparing them to conveyor belts and products.

I don't have the science anymore to get artillery. Don't ask how

>eigengrau
Is that German for closed eyes or something?

It's really eye opening to see the kind of scale that people make their factories on compared to what you probably had for your first couple. You need to think on another level of planning than just doing what works, and that scares me.

Only slight problem I have with the game is that I would like some more variety in military toys to play around with. I know the biters are really just there to give some much needed pressure to making your factory, but it would be nice have some more fun ways to deal with them.

Oh boy you should be thankful it isnt version 12 anymore. Tank was garbage and your only choice was destroyer+distractor bots

Look on my works ye mighty and despair
???Hwat
Plenty of gun and artillery mods to add to the fun, you can also mod biters to evolve more rapidly so they pose a bigger threat requiring bigger guns

Eigengrau(German: "intrinsic gray",lit."own gray";pronounced[ˈʔaJ̯gn̩ˌgʁaʊ̯]), also calledEigenlicht(Dutchand German: "own light"),dark light, orbrain gray, is the uniform darkgraybackground that many people report seeing in the absence oflight. The termEigenlichtdates back to the nineteenth century,[1]but has rarely been used in recent scientific publications. Common scientific terms for the phenomenon include "visual noise" or "background adaptation". These terms arise due to the perception of an ever-changing field of tiny black and white dots seen in the phenomenon.[2]

Researchers noticed early on[when?]that the shape of intensity-sensitivity curves could be explained by assuming that an intrinsic source of noise in theretinaproduces random events indistinguishable from those triggered by realphotons.[4][5]Later experiments onrod cellsofcane toads(Bufo marinus) showed that the frequency of these spontaneous events is strongly temperature-dependent, which implies that they are caused by the thermalisomerizationofrhodopsin.[6]In human rod cells, these events occur about once every 100 seconds on average, which, taking into account the number of rhodopsin molecules in a rod cell, implies that thehalf-lifeof a rhodopsin molecule is about 420 years.[7]The indistinguishability of dark events from photon responses supports this explanation, because rhodopsin is at the input of thetransductionchain. On the other hand, processes such as the spontaneous release ofneurotransmitterscannot be completely ruled out.[8]

That's interesting, thanks.
Kinda reminds me of how in mathematics some English words with the meaning "intrinsic" uses the German word "eigen" instead. Like the word "eigenvalue".

Building big for the first time. Seeing a cargo wagon full of blue circuits actually made my dick hard

Original "eigengrau" comment poster here.
"Eigengrau" is indeed a German loan word like "Kindergarden" that is also listed in many dictionaries. The proper definition got posted by the other user (thanks).

And that’ll be enough for just one belt of blue chips

Why is my eigengrau blue and green?

That's terminal, my condolences.

I better hurry up with finishing the factory then

Last time I played this I neglected to eat or shower as I was too busy trying to optimize everything I could, I could hear the sound of the factories in my head as I went to bed. Really fucked me up but damn if it wasn't fun

> Those Biters
> The reason why there's a massive bumper on the front of the Train in Factorio.

Do it again

Shes a killer

Attached: 55.jpg (285x455, 56K)

QUEEEEEEEN

Surely it must be better to just undergroundbelt split the 2 inputs into 4 lanes then 4:4 balance that?

Behemoth biters can tank and stop a full speed train though. Lost a couple that way

>I could hear the sound of the factories in my head
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1558134153437.webm
Which one

Mostly 2 and 3. That noise was stuck in my head for so long, even after I stopped playing the game.

> louder and more complex as the factory is upgraded

sound design matters, people. it matters A LOT.

What are some good mod packs or collections of mods that change the game enough to start over and play a new experience?
I want to get into more Factorio stuff

Attached: 1558052494026.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Yep. The agitated hissing and gnawing of Biters is great too in its own way. Really sells "These fuckers are dangerous."
Even if they kinda aren't.