Dfw you will never exit the sewer for the first time ever again

>dfw you will never exit the sewer for the first time ever again

It felt so much grander than morrowind

Attached: elder_scrolls_oblivion_reboot_by_gloriousryan-d7koay3.jpg (1191x670, 120K)

>triple A title you will never play
>somehow got remake using Skyrim's engine
>still bad
this is why we don't trust Todd

FUCK
my first time playing oblivion with Vilja was magic...
Vilja for skyrim sucks btw

Oblivion had tons of great stuff and atmosphere in it

oblivion was soulless compared to morrowind

But oblivion was a better game.

t. virgin morrowfag

Attached: iVu3rJx.jpg (1920x1080, 794K)

Nah. Nothing will ever feel as grand as leaving Seyda Neen through the swamps and trying to figure out the roadsigns and map directions while wizards fall out of the sky

I really think that most of the people making a big fuss about Morrowind are younger people who started with Skyrim that only picked up the opinion that Morrowind is superior from seeing it repeated and may not have even played the game
I'm not evening saying that Oblivion is better than Morrowind just sick of constantly seeing that opinion

Skyrim better

Attached: enb 2018_06_04 20_30_38_12.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

its normally the other way around. Morrowfags screaming about morrowind being the best while completely ignoring all the glaringly obvious faults it has.

Attached: x1080--9G.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

>What are you wearing?!
>Take that off right now!
My teenage mind was blown into Oblivion

have sex

Daggerfall>Skyrim=Oblivion>Fallout 76>Morrowind
#Just_the_facts #Nostalgia_doesn't_make_your_shit_game_better
>pic related, its a bunch of fog and more brown then the US prison system

Attached: Elder_Scrolls-Morrowind_(PC)_15.jpg (1280x960, 83K)

You forgot arena.
>implying anybody gives a shit about arena

31 year old boomer here.

I slightly prefer Oblivion to Morrowind, but Morrowind had its moments where I liked it better. Definitely remember feeling a sense of wonder with all the exotic creatures and swampy areas, etc.

Also gave Daggerfall a try last year (I was still a kid when it originally came out and back then I played only FPS's almost exclusively) and definitely liked it. Favorite part was not knowing anything about the game, getting a quest to go get some guy who owned money to a shopkeeper and expecting him to be at some village/building full of people, possibly other bandits, (since the name of the place was "Tower of Falcons" or something), instead arrive there at night with some a creepy-ass music and it's a dark dungeon full of vampires, werewolves, skellies, etc.

As for Skyrim, far from being a perfect game, it did improve on a lot of things UI/UX-wise at least.

Wish they finally came up with a game that combined the strengths of all of them. They have the technology and resources now more than ever.

not him, but yeah I've never played Arena. Just from all the people saying it's nigh unplayable by today's standards and that Daggerfall is basically an improvement in every way, I have never given it a shot... Maybe I should. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Daggerfall. I expected to play it and feel like "yeah, influential, and cool... but now I've seen it and it's time to move on" but I definitely feel I could keep playing it.

Man you seem like a reasonable guy but jesus christ

>Skyrim
>improve on a lot of things UI/UX-wise

The shit has an objectively worse UI/UX in almost every conceivable TEXTBOOK way, not even taking into account personal preference. How you could think it improved anything is beyond me.

I wish they would try something as experimental as Daggerfall again but seeing how Bethesdas recent efforts with Fallout 76 has gone they'll probably just make the next one as lowest common denominator as possible
I personally want them to lean more towards the roleplay efforts again and less of trying to make seem like an action movie

>The shit has an objectively worse UI/UX in almost every conceivable TEXTBOOK way, not even taking into account personal preference. How you could think it improved anything is beyond me.

yeah maybe it's just me. It definitely wasn't perfect, but I thought it was neat how switching spells, weapons, etc, mid-combat didn't exactly pause the game or put you in a helpless situation and could be done fairly quickly and in a straightforward way. maybe you can explain what you disliked about it?

that'd definitely be cool. Daggerfall definitely wins in the role-playing department. But damn, it feels overwhelming at times, all the choices and possibilities. Maybe a compromise between what Daggerfall did and what Morrowind did would be perfect, imho.

Nice trips and besides losing the ability to "travel" around the whole continent no features were lost when going to Daggerfall. Morrowind dropped qutie a bit of features for muh 3d brown and fog. Oblivion also lost a few things. I value Skyrim as well as Oblivion because Skyrim perfected the combat and made it crisp but at the same time streamlined shit and made the world not only less fun but just more simple. If we could get an elder scrolls game with climbing, kick ass spells like levitation and anchoring, taking out fucking loans, sailing in boats, having a language skill for all types of creatures to quell them if not speak to them, AND have it in Skyrim's 3D, 6/10 graphics, and Skyrim's fluid combat we could have the greatest high fantasy rpg in the world. I forgot, also Daggerfall's god tier character creator as well.

Morrowind>Skyrim>Oblivion
don't @ me.

pretty much this.

Pertaining Skyrim, maybe UI/UX wasn't the right term for me to use. Skyrim definitely modernized the combat experience. They have the resources and technology now, man. But I doubt they'll do it.

I hope Todd wakes up one day longing for that sense of wonderment he must've had when working at Bethesda in the early-mid 90s and decides to make it happen.

But you could do that in literally every other TES game at least as far back as Morrowind, maybe even Daggerfall. It's called hotkeys.

As far as what I disliked about it, every menu was either a long vertical list of text that you could barely even call a UI since honestly they could have just threw the entire microsoft excel source code directly in their engine and shit out a better UI that way, or even worse the skills menu that isn't even a list, it's a bizarre randomly shaped set of lines that you can't tell what they lead into until you actually click further along the line. God forbid you're using a controller, the input method the REST of the UI was designed for, because unless you are directly clicking with the mouse there are some points on the skill tree you straight up can't reach directly, you have to select 5 other points on an entirely different line to get back to the second one sequentially from where you were. Everything about the UI is a clusterfuck.

You're much too logical and pragmatic to be on here fren. I too see the ups & downs of each of the titles. I want the world building of Morrowind, the "living world" feel of Oblivion and the dark undertone it had, and the "survival adventure" aspects of modded skyrim all rolled into one TES game.

Shouldn't use the word objectively when you clearly don't know to use it. Your personal opinion is not an objective statement. You might not like it, that's fine. It doesn't make it "objectively" anything.

Attached: 49042-1544892792-1278317892.jpg (1680x1050, 1.56M)

>But you could do that in literally every other TES game at least as far back as Morrowind, maybe even Daggerfall. It's called hotkeys.

I absolutely agree. But you can only have so many hotkeys which is why I think streamlined access to the entire arsenal is definitely a good thing to have.

>As far as what I disliked about it, every menu was either a long vertical list of text that you could barely even call a UI since honestly they could have just threw the entire microsoft excel source code directly in their engine and shit out a better UI that way, or even worse the skills menu that isn't even a list, it's a bizarre randomly shaped set of lines that you can't tell what they lead into until you actually click further along the line. God forbid you're using a controller, the input method the REST of the UI was designed for, because unless you are directly clicking with the mouse there are some points on the skill tree you straight up can't reach directly, you have to select 5 other points on an entirely different line to get back to the second one sequentially from where you were. Everything about the UI is a clusterfuck.

Yeah you're right, maybe UI wasn't what I was thinking of. I was just thinking the overall combat experience felt a lot more modern than its predecessors did. It definitely wasn't perfect. They definitely took a lot away by removing spellcrafting, for example.

Except maybe you should read what I said more than not at all because outside of visual quality, user interface is not something that's based on opinion, there are pretty cut and dry standards.

your reasoning is full of opinion & hyperbole.

I preferred skyrims UI, do I say it's objectively better? No, because it's just my personal preference.

Attached: 28534185-1535480425.jpg (2560x1440, 977K)