When does it get good?

when does it get good?

Attached: ff7.jpg (1200x1146, 386K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zfd9krEsr-k
youtube.com/watch?v=ubaE2TBlTQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop being a zoomer and it becomes good instantly

If you don't like it yet, you won't like it.
Alternatively, the Shinra Building.

You are both a faggot, and a child.

From the beginning.

During the credits

people think gaming is all about fortnite, but TRUE OG gamers played minecraft back in the day!!

Exactly after the PS logo makes the phhhhhhlllwaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The intro is kino

It won't become as good as everyone hypes it to be. Its a pretty good game but people jizz themselves when they see it beause they were wee lads and playing ff7 was the only thing that brought them happiness inbetween their dad raping them.
Its overrated as fuck but still alright game.

Just listen the music

You can enjoy the 50 hours of the game simply as listen the best OST ever.

Attached: 600x600bb.jpg (600x600, 130K)

>nostalgia goggles

After you take a bath with 13 hairy men.

It's the golden standard for turn-based rpgs.
If you don't like it, don't play it.

>It's the golden standard for turn-based rpgs.
Says who?

At the crossdressing scenes

ff7 isnt even turn based you retard.

No one, it's an ATB game not turn-based. The best ATB game is also Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Right when it starts

FF8 had a better OST.

I don't even remember any of it except that two of those songs had lyrics and they were incredibly gay love songs

Storming Shinra HQ is a lot of fun but there's a bit of a lull until after Kalm and the flashback/exposition dump. Cosmo Canyon and beyond is when it kicks into high gear imo

almost instantly, like 10 minutes in, if you dont like introductions.

It would be fun if it felt like actually storming it, sure in lobby you do some solid snake shit and it's alright but then you just fuck around for and hour doing puzzles with doors.

It's ok to admit you've never played it.

>you don't have ff8 cred if you don't remember the sweet tunes
this is the most baffling pull i've seen this morning but uh ok

Around here

Attached: 5VMn0Mb.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

Costa Del Sol and onward. Stuff before that is good too but gameplay doesnt start to get more complex until this point. You're basically fucking around with baby spells til you get here and start gaining enough exp to level materia.

Poor reading comprehension is a sign of autism. You should get that checked out.

Gameplay wise?
Never

>Says he doesn't remember it
>You respond with "you never played it"
>Says that what you're implying doesn't make sense given that he doesn't remember the soundtrack
>You say "reading comprehension"

It's ok to admit you have fetal alcohol syndrome, I'm sorry you're mother is a wino.

The bombing mission

Attached: what are you doing.gif (300x300, 1.53M)

Contrary to what a lot of zoomers say, its AFTER you leave Midgar since the game really starts to open up and there are many things/places to check out.

That's not SotN user, but that's ok, FF7 has a kino ost too.

>gay love song
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfd9krEsr-k

It gets good for an hour from Wall Market to the Sector 7 plate, then it doesn't get good again until you leave Midgar

I got to the part where you can get Yuffie and dropped it.

>Panzer Dragoon Saga
patrician taste

oh man, you totally wrecked me with that memorable track. how could i forget generic latin chanting. i'm owned, so owned.

Attached: bubblegum.gif (268x278, 1.84M)

When you leave Midgar.

>it's another "healed/attacked the wrong person because I couldn't tell who the hand was pointing at because of the retarded camera angles" episode

Attached: 1517952953854.png (201x295, 4K)

this, FF8 has probably the best ost in the series.

Once you leave midgar

Are you being serious?
How the hell are you that bad at video games that you fuck that up?
Oh, wait, I'm sorry, it wasn't your total lack of skill, it was the camera, right, sure.

Nice ad hom, nigger. They could have easily put in a menu or given us a static, non-retarded angle like, oh, I don't know, THE FIRST SIX GAMES, or given us a proper menu like IX and X

>they could have easily... given us a static angle
user... i regret to inform you...

Attached: 11-E20_009.jpg (800x600, 127K)

After Midgar

It's still not consistent throughout the game. The angle you get for Palmer is not the same as the one for Materia Keeper

There is nothing generic about it. Hell, latin chants aren't even generic. What's generic is the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHs, such as this
youtube.com/watch?v=ubaE2TBlTQU

3rd disc. At the end.

>tfw playing on the Xbox
Feels good breh

>It's a "brainlet doesn't look at the targeting menu and looks at the moving pictures instead" episode

see

This shit
Use it

Attached: 81-FFVIII_12831.jpg (640x480, 98K)

Just press select nigga, the help window displays who you're targeting

>young people don't see anything special in it
Probably because most games age like milk. 100x worse than with movies.

this for me, somewhere around cosmo canyon made the game hard to put down

Attached: cat of disappointment.jpg (736x736, 84K)

Funny how this is FFVIII

It's not an as hominem
You said you fucked up targeting in a jrpg
That's what you said about yourself.
I was just pointing out how only most colossal fuck-up can fail at that task.
Just because you tried to put the square peg in the round hole doesn't mean it's the games fault. You're just too dumb to live.

Funny how this is literally the only game I've played in DECADES of gaming where this was even remotely an issue. But no, it can't be the game's fault! Reddit said that FF7 was the best game ever!

This, the first part might be a little meh for some people, but if you don't start to like the game towards the end of the Shinra building you're not gonna like the rest of the game. Quit it before you get the tourette's "I can't avoid FFVII I must call everybody there a fag" syndrome.

Playing it again right now, have a lot of problems with FF7 but the more you know about the game the more you can enjoy it, beat it once before but the last 100% playthrough I attempted I only got to like the post icicle inn area, trying 100% again but trying to go through quicker this time, like i'll try to steal good equipment but not delay the game too much because of it. You gotta know how to break the game so you can run through it getting all the stuff you need, knowing how limits work so you can expand your combat options early on.

The game isn't very intuitive overall but it's fun if you figure out the important stuff in the battle system, which is kinda a high demand I think of a game to expect from the player but whatever, I remember the first time I played it levling stuff like Fire to mastery outside of Kalm only to get another copy of it and realizing that trying to master all the materia was impossible and not worth it, especially when you realize how end game master materia renders it all obsolete, learn stuff like that and how mimic/last attack/ cover 4x cut and sneak attack are your best materia and you'll enjoy it a lot more and not dawdle on useless shit like I did

Attached: 1557109548916.webm (1024x576, 2.62M)

it had aged like milk back in 2003 when I first played it, Mario 64 looked leagues better than it back in 1996, people seriously forget how quickly the lego look fell out and looked like shit

>trying to master all the materia was impossible and not worth it, especially when you realize how end game master materia renders it all obsolet
Don't your materia all need to be mastered to combine them into a master materia?

that's not really generic, beyond the opening at least

bruh ayo just put it on 1.25x speed and listen to some XXXTENTACION and it becomes litttt asf

When you boot up the game.

or you could just beat one sandy boi for a full set without grinding movers

Flashback in Kalm

enjoyed golden sun 2 more than ff7

lol thanks for the book report idiot

Yeah but you would grind it at the end of the game, I guess that kind of thing is obvious to anyone with more experience, don't build up your shit at the begging of the game do it at the end and you'll save on your investment of time 10x fold, the thing is you still need to be really careful in 7 by grabbing all the stuff that you can miss otherwise, like the first two times I played 7 and didn't even come across shit like 2x cut, missed like half the summons, it can be a real pain, unlike a good rpg where you'll slowly amass god like power regardless, 7 you kinda need to know what your doing or you'll find your self running through the game at a slog

Attached: FF7 run.webm (1024x576, 1.84M)

Attached: 51RgJ1wBhbL._AC_SY400_.jpg (388x368, 25K)

For a retarded zoomer like you? Never, stick with your dogshit games and fuck off back to /r/eddit.

its always good it becomes one of the best after the first or maybe arguably second reactor

at least I can tell what shit was supposed to be in mario, half the time playing ff7 I don't even know what the fuck i'm looking at, wether it's enemies that just look like a bunch of polygons slapped together or squinting your eyes to try and see what the fuck cloud is doing on the map

JRPGs are shit. So never

Attached: phil-fish-600x336.jpg (600x336, 30K)

Mein Negger. I like FFVII more, but SOTN and Chrono Cross are up there.

It's an experience, zoomer. Play FF7 and it will remain in your head for the rest of your life.

Play fornite, if you want soulless dopamine rush moments every 5 secs.

whoa now this is a redpilled post