Celeste Creator Has Sekiro Easy Mode Suggestions

screenrant.com/sekiro-celeste-creator-easy-mode/

>Celeste released January 2018 and gained widespread praise for its challenging gameplay and emotional storytelling. Critics singled out the game’s Assist Mode in particular for its myriad of helpful accessibility options. Celeste is a hardcore platformer in the vein of Super Meat Boy, but players can choose to reduce the game’s overall speed, gain infinite stamina, become invincible, and more. The idea behind the mode is to allow less-skilled players, or those with physical disabilities, to enjoy the game in whatever way suits them. By contrast, Sekiro is tuned to a single, steep difficulty. Performing well requires a high-degree of reflexive skills and precision.

>One of those players is Matt Thorson, the creator of Celeste. As reported by PSGamesN, he took to Twitter to express that while he was loving his time with Sekiro, the game could stand to be a bit more inviting. His thread presents a list of possible options to feature in a hypothetical Assist Mode. Suggestions include reducing the combat speed and infinite Posture (i.e. the player’s guard). Later in the thread he suggests that this mode only be accessible from the main menu, per save file.

>Despite making a seemingly fair assessment, that hasn’t stopped many of the FromSoftware faithful from lambasting Thorson’s ideas as “game breaking.” Some say that the tough difficulty is what defines a FromSoftware experience - that the very presence of Assist options would ruin the entire game. Conversely, plenty of players and critics have joined Thorson’s rallying cry for accessibility options. Their main argument is that Sekiro’s alluring world and combat should be more attainable to those who neither possess the time nor physical ability to master its brutal challenge.

Sekiro shills destroyed

Attached: sekiro easy.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Jesus fucking christ nobody cares

nope shitters should stay in the dirt where they belong

>Celeste
Who gives a shit

This shit again?

>Celeste Creator
Stopped reading there.

Didn't we have this exact thread like 500 times already when Sekiro dropped?

Yawn.

Find some new thing to shitpost with. I hear the epic mega sale bags people a lot of (You)s.

The Celeste "assist mode" is actually just cheat mode, for those than don't know. You can tweak pretty much anything, not just make the game easier.

every games should have difficulty choices so everyone can enjoy it

What's even the point of picking up a game made by people known for making "hard" games and then demanding it be made easier for you?

>1 month later, still seething

Go dilate.

>White people

Attached: 1518808408247.png (592x831, 933K)

Of course. Celeste assist mode is something every game should have.

- 1 difficulty as intended by developers
- An assist mode that breaks the game and marks the save file as such

This would mean you can get the real experience, and that retards and lifers can enjoy the game they paid 60 buckaroos for.

Why do the faggots that browse this board feel compelled to constantly make the same shitty threads over and over again?

LOWER THE HOOPS SO I CAN DUNK LIKE JORDAN WAAAAAH.

Triggering people, easy (You)'s

celeste fanboys the type of niggas to pee sitting down

Attached: EASY MODO.jpg (1024x768, 87K)

I can't help but praise the journalist who wrote the "I beat Sekiro with cheats and I'm ok with it"; that's how you clickbait.

No idea. It's strange to see the general opinion shift so suddenly on games designed with a set difficulty or experience in mind. Growing up I was shit at certain things or bad at certain game genres. I accepted that and looked at my other strengths. Participation trophies are ridiculous.

This is what I thought, unavoidable challenge is a big part of the identity of these games

Plus they must only be benefiting from all the publicity these fusses always cause. They'd be stupid to discourage it.

not a coincidence that Celeste is nowhere near the brilliance of Sekiro

Fuck off.

have an easy mode where he's in a wheelchair with a squeaky wheel that moves at 5mph but is invincible.

replace all of his dialogue with "I'm in a wheelchair, and bad at this game." in a blunt tone no matter how much it destroys the mood.

no final boss fight, instead replaced with the final boss pointing and laughing at him before walking off.

>Celeste

literally who
also
>Canada

it's garbage

That's lame. Just have Owl kick the shit out of you late game because you're too bad to beat him then bam, bad ending. You got the worst ending because you suck

> every part of the game except the final boss is toned down
genius.

>"Don't wish it was easier, wish that you were better!"

Attached: images.jpg (284x178, 5K)

> relabel current mode to easy mode
> add hard mode where you don't respawn

>Wahh this game is too hard! Even though I purchased it of my own will and money knowing full well it would be hard, I'm not happy and it should cater to ME by having an easy mode patched in!

Entitled.

FUCK CELESTE AND FUCK THE CREATOR

I just want to pile the maximum amount of suffering on people who play for the story

I'm convinced Celeste won awards because it had a cheat mode for shitter journalists to playthrough.

Fuck wishing, be better.

> play easy mode
> heavily removes 80-90% of story elements

Attached: 1551325749142.png (649x559, 824K)

fuck casuals

>Their main argument is that Sekiro’s alluring world and combat should be more attainable to those who neither possess the time nor physical ability to master its brutal challenge
Then don't play it. That's the whole appeal of the games. Play one that is accessible to literal and figurative retards like Celeste.

Y'know for games like Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy, Celeste the difficulty isn't just some random occurrence it's part of the weltanschauung. So it's ironic that the Celeste creator laments difficulty because in a sense he's undermining his own work. Isn't the whole thesis of Celeste that depression is a thing that takes perseverance and hard work to get through? I guess Madeline should've just put her depression on assist mode

>Celeste
Isn't that the tranny game?

I genuinely enjoyed celeste and not really sure why it gets shit on so much here. Was a completely serviceable percision platformer with a nice soundtrack. No dustforce but still plenty enjoyable

base game is already in easy mode
what the fuck are these retards even on about?

This.
NG+ without Kuro's Charm and the Bell rung is the next difficulty up.
Base NG is easy mode.

Before your thread dies OP, I want to let you let you know you are a fag.