Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos
nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Heroes/credits
youtu.be/Y84b7nHOMmc?t=419
tiermaker.com/create/three-houses-characters-64308
poal.me/g5oy1u
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

silky smooth 20 fps 720p

This game really looks like Koikatsu with the lowest possible quality setting.

Attached: 1529107463671.png (500x500, 202K)

is it possible to have the texture filtering at -8x AF? cause that's what every shot of this game looks like.

I hope those spoilers on leddit are true, because this would be the best game in the series

Attached: 1465209527329.jpg (230x219, 15K)

This may be the ugliest game I have seen in a long time.

This is what happens when you build your empire on pixelated waifushit and then you're forced to animate 3d models that look worse than early RWBY

This is what you get when you combine technically incompetent jap devs and shitty, dated hardware.

Is Fire Emblem the most hated Nintendo exclusive on Yea Forums?
You usually see people defending a lot of Nintendo IPs, but I can see that everyone are shitting on it right now. Even Pokemon are still hyped and defended by GameFreak lovers

>smashbabies
>graphicfags
>secondaries that only played 2 or 3 FE games
Literally none of the faggots that hate on FE ever talk about the gameplay. FE is just another niche franchise but due to being in the spotlight everyone is whining about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

this.
literally tons of new informations about the game released every day and in every thread it's only the same fags whining about graphics.

>FE is just another niche franchise but due to being in the spotlight everyone is whining about it.
Could say the same for a lot of franchises that have gotten the spotlight recently. This is why it's best for series to stay obscure.

Yeah, pre-Awakening at worst we just had the Telliusfags whining about the Archanea games. Now we get hate from like everywhere. Even Metroidfags whine about us, what did we ever do to them besides Gaidenshit selling alongside Samus Returns.

what are these spoilers ? is the game supposed to have a darker storyline than what the school settings is showing us ?

they said there are 4 different paths and school is just the beginning of the game with a timeskip after it. and if you choose one house, you fight and kill the other ones and shit

School uniforms ruin the fun character diversity.

It's boring.

Seeing as it's basically Yugioh GX, I'm excited for the last 40% of the game where you murder everyone as the Edge King and then get PTSD.

If you're that much of a retard to care about the graphics of a FE game you don't deserve the slightest consideration to begin with, simple as that.

>graphicfags
It's genuinely a bad looking game, I don't care if doesn't have hyperrealistic grafix. Compile Heart $5 budget games have better looking environments.

that sounds neat, i was a bit wary about the graphics and artstyle but with the gameplay info they showed a few days ago, if the story is even somewhat decent i think i'll buy it

user........ have you played Gaiden? The school uniform class is the "villager" equivalent class.

That sounds very fake but would be cool if not.

And New Mystery made my eyes bleed from being so ugly and it turned out to be the best game in the franchise. Everyone circlejerked Echoes because of how nice it was and it ended up the worst game in the franchise.

FE gets hate now because it panders to paypig waifufags. They struck gold with Awakening and that's why they milked everything they could with Fates by splitting it into two games, copy pasting characters from Awakening, loading it with shit tons of DLC and locking the third path behind a paywall.
>YOU JUST HATE THIS SERIES BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR NOW!!!
Open your fucking eyes. Three Houses looks like shit and deserves all the hate it gets. The animation looks stiff and lifeless, the shadows don't even align properly with their models, the characters and their portraits look like shit, and the textures look worse than a PS2 game. It even has a school setting probably cause P5 did that and P5 shat money like crazy. They even added a calendar system to the game just like P5.
IS have been coddled by that sweet gacha money and are giving you the bare minimum in return.

Attached: 1558000842935.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

>Everyone circlejerked Echoes because of how nice it was and it ended up the worst game in the franchise.
you mean like awakening killed the franchise
and fates
and the awful mobile game

You clearly don't even understand what texture filtering is.

>It even has a school setting probably cause P5 did that and P5 shat money like crazy. They even added a calendar system to the game just like P5
Nigger other fucking games have used similar systems like Atelier and Valkyria Chronicles and Kiseki.

Kek, go ahead, circlejerk the worst game in the franchise just because it's not Awakening or Fates. You pretend fans don't even play the games anyway, just get into fights.

It's just an incredibly boring, not particularly popular series that Nintendo gives a massively disproportionate amount of attention to for whatever reason. It was bound to make people go from either not caring about it or not knowing it existed at all to disliking it.

Attached: KakyoinStabsTheBurgerKing.jpg (604x604, 32K)

>FEshit
>popular
ohnonono
hahahaha

Rtx on

>It even has a school setting probably cause P5 did that and P5 shat money like crazy. They even added a calendar system to the game just like P5.

Imagine being this much of a new fag. Games were copying the Persona calendar system for a decade at least, look at Trails of Cold Steel. To even insinuate it was because of the worst Persona game ever, just shows how absolutely retarded all your opinions are. FE3H is probably going to be kino if you dislike it.

All the Blue Lions are good.

Attached: D6nYTdCXkAAhOFa.jpg (1200x1098, 171K)

Don't get so butthurt, that was a joke.

Fire Emblem doesn't have any gameplay worth talking about.
It's always been the bottom of the barrel of S/TRPGs. It's essentially become part of that animu subgenre, you know the one where its games with anime "characters" and the developers didn't even want to make video games until they realized they could charge $60 for their VN? Those Agarest Wars, those Luminous Arcs, you know the ones.
Fire Emblem is fringing on that. It wasn't always, but it certainly is now.
And nobody cares if what, Fire Emblem 5(?) was actually halfway decent. Twenty odd fucking games and you got one game that still doesn't manage to capture the feeling of Strategy, Roleplaying, or Strategically Role-playing, and somehow the series is supposed to be mechanically relevant? I don't think so. IntSys has to start first by making a video game before people should bother even discussing what nothing there is.
Fire Emblem is popular for all the wrong reasons. Fire Emblem was on the verge of death for all the right reasons.
Franchises don't just linger near the void of space and time for no reason. Fire Emblem didn't have two feet in the grave for no damn good reason, and the series has only degraded itself further since it was resurrected by angst and NEETbux.

Keep pretending your series is worth a damn, complaining that OTHER people aren't talking about the quote unquote gameplay, while you're not talking about it all the same. It's almost like it's not a video game at all.

>being excited for this shitshow of a FE "game"

Attached: file.png (1688x1200, 1.85M)

Obelisk chads always win.

>summer
year-round, rent free nowadays my man

Name 5 series more superior to FE.

>need to make the choice between impaling edelgard with my dick or sword
>like both options equally
now that's what I call replay value

>That horrible fujoshi art style, eyes devoid of human life
>The technical side of the game is behind 2000s game technology (no anti-aliasing, no anisotropic filtering, shimmering around character models, cutscene framerate looks like 15 frames)
>Unity games support inverse kinematics, this game doesn't (character feet shifting weight correctly on the ground/stairs/etc)
>ANIME. HIGH. SCHOOL. SETTING.
>The mobile free to play gacha game FEH has better artists than $60 premium Switch FE 3 Otome Houses
>A Persona calendar system for a minimum of 12 months that gates story progression which is stupid as fuck
>Leaker-kun says the map design is shit
>Not once has the presentation improved since 3 Houses 3 delays
-Mini map is a mess, textures still need to load onto a mini map except that's the design
>Marketing doesn't know what to do
>Formation's presentation looks like a shitshow of Dynasty Warriors asset reuse
>Koei Tecmo is co-developing the game and they have never fixed any of their Dynasty Warriors games or spinoffs

Hmmmhmmmmm but resetera likes the trannies and mental health social commentary so it will be good and Awakening/Fates fans will buy it because reasons! Obviously this means grandpas will buy the game in their lot instead! Even if you love this monstrosity of a Switch game, this series will never be localized again once it flops in the West as it's meant for 30 year old unmarried Japanese fujoshi from now on unfortunately.

Attached: 1557419319451m.jpg (1024x1024, 236K)

>Gambits

>Gambits can be used by characters with battalions deployed. They can deal damage to enemies, but also provide supportive effects allowing for various strategies. When using a Gambit, enemies cannot counter-attack and multiple enemies can be targeted at the same time. But their uses are limited.

>Co-ordinated Lance Assault
>Hits one enemy on the left and right of the targeted foe. This Gambit causes the “Distress” status (reduces all stats by 10%, prevents movement, stat boosts from battalions and Gambits). Can be used at least twice.

>Godspeed Preparation
>For one turn, increases the movement of allies by 5. Targets an adjacent ally and seems to apply the effect to all allies with a 2 tile radius of the target (or maybe just a triangle with the user at the centre and the target at the edge). Can be used at least twice.

>Lure Scheme
>Targets an adjacent foe and moves them to the tile behind the user. Also creates a special tile where the foe used to be, which triggers the same effect. Also seems to inflict “Distress” on the foe. Can be used at least twice.

>D&D (Tabletop, or even early vidya like Wizardry)
>Divinity: Original Sin
>Ogre Battle (& Tactics Ogre)
>Starcraft (1)
>Total War
Every single one has more going on mechanically, and most all narratively.
What's your point?

Im gonna buy it, but if there are no good waifus, might be my last FE

>he actually listed 4 games from a different gendre
so this is the power of antifefags?

Different genre?
How so, and which ones specifically?

>fecucks are this retarded
Lmao

>not a computer game
>normal rpg (it's even played in realtime)
>ok
>rts
>a little more tactical rts

Cute.

>not a computer game
Whoops, I guess that might've been specified since we're currently in the business of splitting hairs. All the same I listed Wizardry, one of the first RPGs ever, which ironically has more gameplay floating around than a lot of "RPGs" nowadays, strategy or otherwise.
>normal rpg
What does normal mean? It's played in real time, yeah, so? It's got strategy. It's got roleplaying.
Are you complaining that, as a video game, it has MORE interactivity? I'm confused.
>ok
ok
>rts
aforementioned
>rts
aforementioned

Video games are video games, I specifically chose games that fall more into the strategy and planning gradient than the alternate, action-reflex, trial and error subsection.
Do you just want a list of games that are virtuall indistinguishable from Fire Emblem's format, or what? Every video game should be the exact same thing.
Lets all go play Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, I guess.
Oh wait, even that has more gameplay and original narrative than FE.
Oh...

I love waifushit, but this game looks like absolute shit. I don't get the art design, and every single character looks flat as hell. Whoever designed this and whoever okay'd this to be the designs need to really reconsider their life choices. Male or female, it doesn't matter, they all look awful in this. Doesn't help the game has seemingly run like shit in all the demos so far.

Ahh yes, the classic "Looks like a PS2 game but somehow manages to still not having the most basic of AA" Nintendo move.

>Whoever designed this and whoever okay'd this to be the designs need to really reconsider their life choices. Male or female, it doesn't matter, they all look awful in this

Exactly! Universal disdain for the cast, the artist and the guy at Nintendo who is supposed to check on the guest artist before the 3D programmers do anything are at fault. Normalfags are venting about female Byleth's belly button while the rest are venting about how inhuman the cast looks. Their faces are are just off putting.

Attached: fire-emblem-three-houses-gameplay-screenshot-54.jpg (1920x1080, 1.66M)

cool, so i guess fire emblem is shit, because call of duty and fortnite have strategy too

Why does this looks worse than a gamecube game

They all feel like side NPCs in just any JRPG ever. Nothing really about them seems like any love and care went into their designs. And I'm not arguing for more Fates/if designs or anything, as much as I didn't care one way or another, but everything about this game seems generic and rushed. Beyond that, I still wouldn't buy this for good designs if the shaky game play and awful graphics/performance kept the same.

I want to get into fire emblem. Where should i start and what should i go in knowing?

>what should i go in knowing?
That no one compares to Camilla in terms of waifu or oneechan status.

either 'fire emblem' for gba (it's number 7 if i rememnber correctly) or awakening if you have 3ds

small studio, it's not a AAA game

Don't start this shit, people will believe it

Why is side ponytail so fucking cute

This, or FE Shadow Dragon/FE3

PG have double the employees and they certainly aren't big.

At least it'll be easy to emulate.
Right?

Fire Emblem GBA (Lyn, Eliwood, Hector) and Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS are your entry games. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn should be played in order and with combat animations off because the games are slow as fuck.

Word to the wise, if you play any modern Fire Emblem game in a Casual mode you're essentially playing a JRPG until you get enough level grinds to pass a stage. I don't mean it in an elitist sense, but I feel it goes from SRPG to JRPG if you don't play on Classic. The GameCube games offer checkpoint style save scumming in-game so not all Classics are as daunting as you might think. I don't recommend Fates first since it has no weapon durability and other quality of life fixes that would make you hate going back to the older Fire Emblem games. Good luck hunting down the roms for the GBA games and extra lol @ Nintendo not listing ANY of the FE GC or GBA games on the Switch as virtual console catalog. Fucking online renting garbage shit they have instead.

Attached: urKevQd.png (746x420, 482K)

I swear if the game gets as laggy XC2 does in hanheld mode I'm gonna skip it as well.

>Good luck hunting down the roms for the GBA games and extra
Just download the cumpilation off /feg/

The point is that IS aren't small out of necessity, they are small because they choose to be. They have more than enough resources to hire the help they need. even just temporarily, but they opt not to, and therefore the size of the studio isn't an excuse for the game looking like shit.

>tfw you can just overclock it to 30
oc'ing won't fix a shot game however

The famitsu article made me actually sort of excited for this game
The slice-of-life school stuff will probably be cool, and assuming it has paralogue battles along with maybe two years worth of chapters (that is to say, at least 24 chapters, one for each 'season'), then I think I'll be happy with it.
Not to mention we're getting Holy Blood and some more serious character building stuff.

The only SRPG in that lot is Ogre Battle
D&D, DivOS are just straight up CRPGs
Star Craft is RTS
Total War is RTS plus some other shit (grand strategy? dunno)

The level of samefag shitposting in FE threads makes me think it is the same loser who does it to Xenoblade 2.

There are a lot of IntelligentSystem developers working on Fire Emblem Heroes.

nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Heroes/credits

I stopped counting after 30. And no, the Illustrators aren't it, there are a legitimately a lot of developers behind FE Heroes. I repeat, ignoring all the voice actors, illustrators, and the movies/cutscene guys, there are roughly 40sh developers in FEH always at work because that's the nature of gacha games being on schedule every month and ahead of the curve. 90% of FEH is in-house with the 5% guest artists and another 5% the cutscene outsourcing.

I think the reason Three Houses looks like a shovelware title is because they can't manage a team and they aren't on a hiring spree. Both the Zelda team and Xenoblade/MonolithSoft teams are always hiring and in need of new hand, meanwhile it looks like IntelligentSystem broke in half with 40+ full time FEH people and the rest working on Switch game(s).

Attached: fe3mistakes.jpg (2496x1828, 1.36M)

Fire Emblem is a good series, it's just this game that looks like garbage in every way.
At least with Pokémon you get new pokemons with every game, which is exciting

Why can't they hire a decent character designer and enough technical staff to at least make the game more pleasant to look at than the Tellius games?

Because hiring takes time and IS has been getting worked pretty hard between FEH, then Three Houses.

Everybody would be able to tell if it was the Xenoblade guy, it's pretty clear that it isn't him.

Gambits are honestly the part I'm most looking forward to, along with holyblood2 and the school slice-of-life shit.
They look like they'll actually be really useful and shake things up, and I'm hoping that weapon degradation is back since it sounds like magic spells have limited uses again.
Here's hoping the maps and enemy squads are sufficiently well designed

'Ara Ara'

Thx guys

We've known about item durability for a while now, Combat Arts also take away from it than HP (Curved Shot has a 3 above Iron Bow's 50).
So balancing the Mt & durability of Silvers/Steels vs. Irons/Bronzes in favor of attacking normally or Combat Arts should be interesting.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 2.17M)

More like 'Mou'

more like 'Ara maa~'

Wont be true and even if it is the gameplay still sucks compared to others

>Fire Emblem is a good series
It's not

I don't know if I'm starting to suffer from stockholm syndrom, but I'm starting to like most of the designs.

Attached: character list.png (1166x676, 1.11M)

They also have Koei working with them, so there not fully in-house for three houses.

do you believe the thanibomb-misscarnage leak, Yea Forums?

So the church is evil, right?

>le current year
yes

in the spoilers, they said that the green haired priestress will be recruitable, so that would mean no

can we date edna krabapple?.

Now including female Byleth.

If there is romance, probably.

Attached: character list.png (1300x687, 1.09M)

>Open your fucking eyes. Three Houses looks like shit and deserves all the hate it gets.
>The animation looks stiff and lifeless, the shadows don't even align properly with their models, the characters and their portraits look like shit, and the textures look worse than a PS2 game.
So the visuals is just short of the entire game? Gameplay doesn't matter? And the visuals means it deserves all the hate it gets no matter its gameplay?
>It even has a school setting probably cause P5 did that and P5 shat money like crazy. They even added a calendar system to the game just like P5.
Lots of these management games have school settings. And other strategy RPGs like Valkyria Chronicles did it too. They could have been inspired by Persona, we know that the developers play each others' games, but that's still an unfounded claim. They could have and most likely did get their inspiration from numerous sources. What's more, the school setting is not a negative.
>They even added a calendar system to the game just like P5.
Or fucking Princess Maker. The calendar is nothing unique. It's a staple of the genre their mixing into the game. That said, the calendar is a good thing.

The visuals suck but the game is looking really promising. Seethe harder.

>Waiting for FE Shit houses when the superior game is already out

Really gets my noggin joggin

Attached: SRWT.jpg (1080x1080, 307K)

Wait a second, Rayearth?

Why do you dislike Petra? She's one of the only characters that actually stands out.

Yes and it's awesome.

>Have to buy this game so the series doesn't die again

Inb4 it was already dead, it can still be good fuck you

Attached: 1548783296536.gif (540x304, 1.34M)

youtu.be/Y84b7nHOMmc?t=419

6:59 shows Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Captain Harlock and Rayearth

The game is fucking good, its everything FE could wish to be but better.

god please these graphics kill me inside. if it just had some anti-aliasing it'd be passable probably... god.

i hope the gameplay is tops to make up for it

I think her hair looks stupid.

What is it with the jump from 3DS to Switch? Does Nintendo support devs in the transition? It seems like so many just get overwhelmed when going HD.

SRW and FE aren't really very comparable beyond both being strategy RPGs. FE isn't really comparable to many SRPGs honestly. It's so different from the rest of them. Although Three Houses does seem to have some Langrisser elements in it now.

>"Switch has amazing graphics guys!"
>botw superman 64 tier green filter
>oddysey polygons
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 pop in and LOD
>this

lmao

IT PISSES ME OFF THAT THE SWITCH'S BEST LOOKING GAME IS FUCKING YOSHI THE BABYGAME.

Fixed your lists bro.

Attached: 1558104447169.png (1300x687, 933K)

reminder that if you play games like pokemon or FE with combat animations on, you are a retard

People will keep on shitting on the game, rightfully so, until we get to play it. If the game plays as bad as it looks...

>fire emblem survived but it had to become a dating sim that appeals to otakushit
we should have let it die

>REEE LOOKS LIKE SHIT

So did Path of Radiance, RD, the DS games and Awakening

Without dynamic poses or different angles all characters look way too similar.

I dont know man the company certainly has not gained any good will over the course of this announcement. I kinda hate the character designs and Koei being behind the wheels is giving me some anxiety.

>it can still be good fuck you
How many chances will the series get? There's potential sure, but they fucked up more than a couple of times.

>Blue Lions
So I guess my decision was made for me all the way back in 1999.

Attached: absolutely nobody except me gets this.jpg (128x128, 4K)

On older consoles, when ISIS didn't have all the gachamoney and FE didn't have brand recognition.

What are they doing with all that gachamoney anyway?

Technically every game since FE8 have used 3D models, usually for combat. They didn't have to be good, just functional.

It's an otome series.

Isn’t the Switch supposed to be stronger than a PS3? Why does it still seem to fall behind?

Attached: lag switching.gif (320x180, 2.64M)

MYAMYAMYAMYAMYAMYAMYAMYAMYA

Because at the end of the day, it's still a hand-held.

Hardly. Most people like it, the problem is that
>a) Smash Bros is a huge gateway to the otherwise niche series, and many hate its numerous characters
>b) the fanbase is divided between the more casual, waifu-centric fans of the 3DS games and the self proclaimed hardcore fans of the series
>c) the hardcore division of tje fanbase has taken an eltistic culture where, for whatever reason, it's seen as a bad thing to enjoy games in this very series. Many just latch onto 1 single game to praise and shit on the rest
>d) gameolay is very varied and has many different approaches, which makes a lot of the gameplay discussion to derange into shitflinging about the "right way" to play the games (i.e. going fast, skipping sections of the maps for fast clears vs going slow and routing enemies to get more experience, treasures and stronger units)
>e) waifu wars

Switch Wars. 3H is just the beta for it.

Absolutely fuck all, apparently

>Isn’t the Switch supposed to be stronger than a PS3?
It is. But that doesn't mean the games have to look good. The PS3 had plenty of games with garbage fire visuals.

because its not and its a shit "console"

Because it is not.

Thai prostitutes

I made a character tier list beacuse I was bored.
tiermaker.com/create/three-houses-characters-64308

Attached: my-image.png (1280x732, 1.03M)

Attached: 1557587151557.png (800x801, 426K)

Excellent question. The Yoshi developers paid for the Unreal Engine 4.

That's actually not bad at all
Just move Lorentz one down and Hubert one up and you got yourself a deal.

The 3D models, environments, UI and character art all look like they were done by separate teams who didn't talk to each other

>Most people like it

Attached: 1893284.jpg (600x315, 11K)

Obsess P5 fan

Attached: my-image.png (1280x732, 1.02M)

Alright. Here is mine.

Attached: my-image.png (1280x850, 1.25M)

Out of all the ladies shown so far she is the only one I want to impregnate.

Attached: Rhea_Portrait.png (1200x1200, 1.45M)

Put the characters of 3H in their gacha game. Thats the only reason 3H exist in the first place.

Believe what you want, its one of nintendo's most sold ninty series right now and it's probably the most discussed Nintendo series outside of smash on Yea Forums.

>Mercedes
What? Like the car brand?

Female Byleth > Male Byleth

Attached: 73776104_p0.jpg (863x1200, 240K)

I almost bought a switch for this game (and a few others) but I'm going to wait for reviews.

Would it be incest if Rhea's grandmother is living rent free in your mind while you're doing it?

Persona has been shitty money like crazy since P3, but for one I am welcome to ignore the graphical issues because gameplay looks great. I am really liking the freeform aspect of unit building which will open up for tons of replayability.

Lorentz looks like a fag, but I think I love the character. Somehow it seems like he'll be just perfect. That is to say hilarious.

That's a man's torso.

Nice opinions. I still think you just don't like this series in particular.

Gets me curious, why do you keep coming to these threads if you hate Fire Emblem so much?

IT'S MA'AM

Disappointed that you can't customize your avatar

Attached: 1557946980620.png (934x356, 222K)

Better than shitty POV cutscenes hiding MC's face.

Husbando.

Attached: 1557897187568.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

>Tabletop RPG/Wizardry-like
>isometric, point and click computer RPG
>an actual SRPG, with a lot of cross-fans with Fire Emblem
>a RTS
>a Grand Strategy

Disgaea, Valkyrie Profile, FFT, Valkyria Chronicles, hell a simple game of Chess has more in common with Fire Emblem than fucking Diviniry or Starcraft. It seems to me that you like complex games with tons of variables and tons of mechanica going on, when the appeal of Fire Emblem is the simple mechanics to begin with.

Looks fine to me.

Attached: 6zufgf.png (325x703, 348K)

Not that user, but
>So the visuals is just short of the entire game?
The visuals are a large portion of the game since video games are a visual medium. The frustration everyone has with this game is how technically inept it all is, despite IS having over a decade of experience making 3D games. I love FE as much as the next fan, but you can’t make excuses for this. They should be able to do better at this point. There is a reason why 3H gets compared to Xenoblade 2 in terms of visuals.
>Lots of these management games have school settings
But FE has never done this, so there is no expectation for it.
>They could have been inspired by Persona, we know that the developers play each others' games, but that's still an unfounded claim.
It is an unfounded claim to say that IS was inspired by P5, but it is mot unfounded to say that they went this route because of how popular games/anime with high school settings are in Japan. Longtime fans don’t want to see IS trend-chasing.
>It's a staple of the genre their mixing into the game.
Never been a staple of FE though. And if it serves a real purpose outside of social-link-like gameplay scenarios, I will be surprised.

Attached: 96B3FCD9-D7E0-432B-94D5-67DB5A4A91DA.jpg (1425x746, 275K)

Me too, but with how little you could actually customize Corrin it doesn't surprise me that they dropped it all together.
I think it's funny that FE12's avatar is still the best in terms of customization despite being IS's first attempt at an avatar unit.

poal.me/g5oy1u
>Try to say a joke to relieve the tension.
>Try smiling and laughing.
>It's OK if it's an impossible dream.
It's OK if it's an impossible dream.

SIR BYLETH PLEASE ELDEGARD'S EXITING THE PRIME YEARS OF FERTILIZATION
WE NEED BUT A SINGLE DROP OF YOUR VIRILE TIME BENDING CUM PLEASE
I BEG YOU FOR THE GOOD OF THE REALM YOU MUST IMPREGNATE HER
PROFESSOR BYLETH I'M BEGGING YOU

Attached: 1557560381728.webm (1280x720, 2.01M)

>But FE has never done this
>Never been a staple of FE though
No, but something FE has done is add more and more management sim to the games. As such expecting more and more management sim staples is but a given.

>implying Byleth would give his major Holy Blood seed to a minor crestlet

Attached: 1528953111468.jpg (600x940, 79K)

>those textures
>those outlines
jesus

Byleth has major blood?

The majorest of major bloods.

Attached: 1556194143601.jpg (788x1080, 113K)

He has a protagonist crest

Attached: tumblr_ph4b6wEfcW1tlvbxro1_400.jpg (296x600, 90K)

Yes, of an unknown crest.

Byleth and this guy are the only two so far whose crests are not specified to be minor

Attached: 1557957888593.png (800x801, 374K)

I hope he gets Sigur'd

He's obviously gonna be the homo option right?

And it has accomplished this without making a West Point for Animu Babies school. Outside of trend-chasing, there is no reason to awkwardly force the school thing.
As for the calendar, it would come off as more of an innovation if IS did away entirely with the chapter structure the series has always had and took the open map concepts in FE8 and Awakening to a new level. As of now, it seems like a cynical ape of things seen in Persona.

>fem Byleth's tits literally always visible from any angle
the absolute state of those udders

That got confirmed?

It's always been pretty obvious considering Byleth appears in pre-rendered cutscenes.

Can't say I have a very strong opinion on many one way or another. Most of these don't even really offend me in any way, most are just down to my own personal tastes.

Attached: some filled out thing.png (1066x412, 516K)

>there is no reason to awkwardly force the school thing.
But it's not awkward or forced. It's a really smooth transition that complements the themes really well.

>disliking leonie

Attached: 1525191246678.gif (136x132, 18K)

Anime military school's where Sigurd, Eldigan, and Quan met, same for Eliwood and Hector. It's always been in their settings.

>all of your students die fighting for the Crests or maybe the church vaporizes them all
>timeskip 14 years
>Byleth is now teaching their kids
Would be neat

Attached: 1558032539526.jpg (900x900, 97K)

I feel like if it wasn't the case, they would have squashed the rumor

Neither short haired girls nor red heads ever did anything of particular effect for me. This is certainly no exception.

Attached: 1512703157149.jpg (830x765, 169K)

But is it? We only ever saw one version of Corrin and he was customizable

>Expanded open map
>In a Fire Emblem
What do you want? Sandboxy SRPG game akin to Battle Brothers? Few unrelated quest chains in different parts of the map before the last few epilogue chapters? I'm genuinely curious.

In Awakening and Fates, even if Robin or Corrin did briefly appear in a cutscene, you never actually saw the upper half of their body

>playing in handheld mode

Even Monolith Soft made a game that looks better than this, when IntShit can't do a proper game for their series (which is considered as one of the big game series of Nintendo) with gacha $$$

It's a turn-based jrpg. You don't need the best performance or the best graphics for this genre. And with XBC2 you're not even doing anything, you're just watching animations play when they fight and you only play the quicktime event when you want to do extra combos.

It's pretty unfair to keep comparing them to Monolith Soft. Monolith Soft is so talented that even the Zelda devs needed their help.

The games do not take place during these times though. It’s simply a background detail (on top of that, those were academics for nobles).
I say it’s awkward because they had to craft an unbelievable reason for why you could choose between three nations. I also say its forced because of all the scenarios they could have made for giving you chances to ally with different nations, they had to make a school where you are a teacher. Maybe in practice it’ll work, but on paper, the idea doesn’t sound like a natural occurrence and seems contrived by the devs so they can have a FE school game.

An FE game that is sort of a step short of an RTS, where the entire world map is in-play and the enemy makes advances on territory as you make your advances. The gameplay is still FE, but time goes by during battles and while doing things in garrison/traveling the map, where story events are affected depending on how much time passes or how much/what territory the enemies possess.

Ew that lineart
Especially when you look at her collarbones or her ornements' details

She looks like she came straight out of fucking Nazi propaganda. As someone who is belongs to a group that the Nazis attempted to genocide I can't help but find her design somewhat disturbing.

Why are Japanese developers putting designs like this in their game anyway?

Which house will you choose?

Attached: 1557934494544.jpg (1180x1676, 1.12M)

Slifer Red

So continent wide big-ass map. Your idea will turn into Horse Emblem rather badly, as every other class will lag behind and stay in the defence and getting territory as quickly is possible looks pretty crucial to avoiding bad events.

Ravenclaw

That's a fair comparison. I was responding to someone who defends IS, saying they're a small studio. So is Monolith Soft.

MS keep hiring people and grow... you can't tell me IS isn't sitting on their gacha cash, not hiring anyone, to make the next FE game (which is considered as a BIG game in Nintendo's game catalog).

I think they don't know how to manage their teams between FEH and FE16 but prioritize FEH (and even there, they're considered lazy with all those stupid updates and game modes)

Blue Obelisk

Attached: kaiba.png (439x471, 252K)

Heil Zeon!

>turboslut is in the wrong house
WHY!?

Attached: 1551206114215.png (405x344, 9K)

No, not talking about Genealogy-type maps. I mean, a world map like FE8/Awakening, with points on the map where smaller battles happen (see pic for what I mean). Strategic-level decisions happening on the world map level (forces maneuver, battle lines, supply lines, etc) and the tactical/level decisions happening on the battle maps (regular FE gameplay).

Attached: 1D8A2812-C1D7-4562-B971-C095AF4DD128.jpg (2004x2004, 1.16M)

Blue Lions is giving me a horse emblem vibe. Especially if Demitri specializes in it.

Whichever house has the most gay girls

I think Mercedes is the only confirmed lady what likes ladies

The only ones I really like in the Eagles are Edelgard and Bernadetta.
I have a hard time deciding between the other two, but probably Lions. Deer gets the second playthrough.

>confirmed

Blue Lions is the only one with decent character design

Golden Deer. They seem like the underdogs being an Alliance.

This sounds reasonable enought. There's still problem with favoring rather aggressive gameplay by the "conquer this or bad shit will happen" way but giving enought spare time for casuals to grind will probably solve that.

Are these artist afraid of giving their characters short haircuts?

Blue Lions seem to have all the best kiddos.

So do all the characters with short hair just not count or are you actually blind

I would imagine that the team would find a decent balance that rewards smart play without favoring only aggression. And I’m imagining something more along the lines of story events and side quests being affected by how you choose to fight the war more than it being a linear negative-positive reaction for taking/losing territory. The result of the war would lead to one of at least three endings, but not necessarily “good, bad, neutral.”

If that's true good enough, Anette also looks super cute so I guess Blue Lions it is.

>not pounding her aryan womb regardless

Probably Ra Golden or Blue Obelisk
Not sure honestly, I'll have to play the game and see what the feel of each group is

I don't understand. I don't understand how 3 Houses hasn't been outright cancelled or put on a another delay.

Attached: Nintendo Please Cancel Three Gay Houses.jpg (2704x4680, 3.29M)

There’s on one guy there with actually short hair. The rest is over 6 inches. I want to see more cuts like pic related so I can remember that this is a game about warriors fighting in conflicts.

Attached: 9BF4236B-8422-4512-AD95-D30D2120F9B5.jpg (400x518, 219K)

I am on my phone, so this will do for now.

Attached: ZomboDroid 17052019121224_1.jpg (861x3985, 584K)

Because, as you can see in this thread, if you put tits and anime hair on a pile of shit, waifufaggots and fujoshits will eat it up.

Visually looks terrible (texture, animation, character model) and the story will most likely be cancer but gameplay looks not bad

Attached: 59359871_1406141639538695_3640603344549969920_n.jpg (960x707, 83K)

I can’t wait to brutally kill her

So is every real life war that happened when short hair wasn't in fashion just a blank spot for you

The art is underwhelming but the story looks enjoyable and I’m loving how customizable everyone will be. Seems like they’re taking a lot of inspiration from FE4, which is a good change. Hopefully the leaks aren’t wrong about the timeskip, I want edgy to slaughter all the n*blemen and women

No, but when probably less than 5% of designs in the series has short hairstyles, seeing the same animu shit over and over again gets old. And unbelievable, now that they are trying to imitate 1700-1800’s European military outfits.

>Fight war defensively - most of your kingdom core land won't be affected by the war but stalling to much can lead to ruin of your allies closer to the enemy border
>Fight war aggressively - possibility of saving most of the allied NPCs, but overextension can lead to your land being ravaged by local revolts and bandits due to most of your forces fighting elsewhere.
Maybe some sort of modular ending would do a better job: the ending of main conflict and the state of every major province and NPCs being the main variables.

This is anime city, user. Short, practical hair does not sell.

I can let the ambiguous girls (male) slide considering that there’s magic and a loli dragon is literally haunting your mind at all hours of the day

This sounds great on paper, but is it too hard to pull off?

>1700-1800’s European military outfits.
But that's the style most associated with longer hair

Attached: gw_trumbull_t.jpg (240x354, 29K)

unironically kill yourself
you too. can you fucking morons stop comparing FE to xenoblades and other third person rpgs where you have that camera view all the time?
in FE you literally look at a grid the whole time and those are zoomed in animations that you see for a few seconds in motion.
it's like comparing zoomed in starcraft to some kind of fps.
fuck off

They didn’t charge into battle with wigs on, user.

Attached: FE3T.png (1280x612, 1.04M)

>modular
My thinking exactly. The hard part would be determining what events trigger elements of the overall story to progress one way or the other in a way that feels more responsive to your decisions rather than set-in-stone requirements. It would be hard by nature or it being something new for IS, but it’s definitely possible to pull off.

Men still generally wore their hair long in that period.

Attached: 68bdcf48bb30e19012424abfcd85416c_orig.jpg (545x336, 57K)

Can we talk about the gameplay

Gambits seem like a more balanced replacement for pairing up, which is pretty cool desu

Just wait until release

> the only other major blood is Felix
We getting men pregnant in 3h lads

>in FE you literally look at a grid the whole time and those are zoomed in animations that you see for a few seconds in motion.
Which is EXACTLY why it should look better than Xenoblade. The camera is controlled, so they have more ability to make the environments and models look great. And the characters don’t have to worry about traversing environments per the player’s control, so animating them well should be easy, but they fucked this up too.

Everyone in that picture is an officer with a wig though. Their hair underneath was shorter. And the 1800’s made hair even shorter still.

>that Gambit that adds +5 Movement to all units within a 2 tile radius
Sounds fucking OP. LTC runs are gonna look crazy with this unless it's severely limited.

Blue lions

>more balanced
Godspeed isn't balanced

it's obvious that they programmed it the way everything is loaded in memory at the same time. that's why the textures are so low quality

So far Blue Lions, even if I know Felix will betray the shit out of me

Blue Lions

A little of province and resources management, playable squads of generic soliders and events firing off based on turn number and simple conditions doesn't sound that hard to program.
>The hard part would be determining what events trigger elements of the overall story to progress one way or the other in a way that feels more responsive to your decisions rather than set-in-stone requirements
IS can give more freeway into event requirements, like the "good" ending for side nations decided on if anybody from the royal family, who can die in different scenes, survived the war, with slight variation depending on who ascended to the trone.
Nobles or civillian support, which lowers if you screw something up, can also be added, When it depletes, they will force you to end the war prematurely, giving either bad or bittersweet ending, depending on the state of campaign.

Just don't reply to trolls and try to have an actual discussion

Golden Queer, probably. They seem like they might be the most challenging initial playthrough if ISIS is telling the truth about most of them being commoners and hence having no Holy Blood.

Too bad none of the 3H girls compare to Conquest

Attached: SNR2nDo_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.png (1200x1584, 1.27M)

Nina>Ophelia

Blue Lions has the best boys

>girls
>Conquest
Conquest has the boys. Birthright has the girls.

>fujo over prime breeding material

Attached: 1459174324610_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.png (990x1400, 697K)

Lol)
Hoshido only has Kagero, Orochi and Reina. Everyone else is forgettable.

Conquest has all the notable girls.

BR has garbage girls and CQ has garbage men besides three of them

Gambits come from battalions which need to be hired and maintained between battles with funding, so that's certainly one way I can see it being balanced. I believe Gambits also have a limited number of uses per map.

I'm leaning Golden Queer. Claude looks like a bro and the girls are great. Marianne reminds me of Silque, Lysithea is basically Edelgard lite and Hilda and Leonie seem to be top cuties.

Money is never a issue in FE and two turns per map is one too many. It's rally movement on steroids with canto cancer.

Ophelia is even crazier than her father and you know what they say about crazy girls...

I like Hinoka...

Insane in the sheets?

Yeah, mating press them till they are begging for more.

Attached: Ophelia_Dramatic_Heroine_Face.png (1600x1920, 892K)

Attached: 1544035853979.jpg (1200x667, 62K)

Do you think the leaks are real?
Do you want them to be real?
I kind of want punished Dimitri to be real at least

No, they said the level design was shit

No
Yes

Art style is screaming "we want the tumblr audience". If you asked the nuFE fanbase to make a game this is exactly what I imagined it'd look like.

>Oboring

Trying to look at it objectively Conquest has definitely better children but Birthright has better first gen. Who's even relevant from Conquest? Camilla, Charlotte and that's pretty much it.

If you look at it objectively none of the BR girls are good

I've already been on this rodeo before, I know better than to believe any leaks that imply cool or edgy shit by now.

Attached: Sakura_Room.png (323x480, 149K)

>tumblr audience
>with those absolute milkies on the MC and half the female cast

Attached: my-image.png (1280x732, 1.04M)

Seething kusoge liking otome.

rate my shit taste

Attached: 1538686242920.png (933x517, 779K)

In terms of what? Gameplay? Most Nohrian units are pretty good and many who at first glance seem like crap, lile Nyx, can be very good if you use Attack Stance, Guard Stance carefully. Conquest is full of good units stuck in mediocre classes, whereas

In terms of waifus Conquest girls are amazing.
Charlotte, Camilla, Elise, Nyx. Peri is very unique too. The only two girls I feel are sub par are Beruka and Selena, but still I played the translated nip version first so my first impression of characters like, say, Effie aren't meddled with Treehous's tomfoolery.

Birthright on the other hand is fullnof forgettable girls. Even both royals, Hinoka and Sakura are some of the most boring and forgettable units in that game.

I don't hate any design

Attached: Shit_taste.png (1280x610, 1.02M)

Make way for the Virion of our time.

Attached: my-image.png (1280x732, 1.25M)

>Peri

Attached: 1486699694514.png (225x225, 6K)

Peri is many things, but she's definetly not forgettable.

Both Belka and Luna are better than the BR girls though ironic weeb

I wish I could forget Peri

Yeah guess I'm being misled by Treehouse's butchering. Camilla, Nyx and Effie are next to unbearable in the English version.

Same

>Switch's selling point is its handheld mode
>it's actually pretty shit with various games
So what's the fucking point.

Beruka maybe, but Selena is fucking cancer.

being easy to emulate on a PC

NOOOOOOO THINK OF THE LOST SALES

Attached: IMG_0219.png (225x224, 8K)

-

Attached: NintendoFPS-1.png (960x686, 884K)

Why are all the FEfags I meet massive futa-loving ERP degenerates? Is this a common thing in the community?

>Playing the series that hasn't innovated in a decade
For fucks sake, the data in the game is still using assets from the Z series.

Be honest with me. Did this game get outsourced by some US studio. I swear this has sjw liberal lgbt california propaganda written all over it.
Not only does it not feel fire emblem or nintendo, but it doesn't even feel like it was made in japan.

Futa is a good fetish, I don't see anything wrong with that.

FEcuck seething KEK

Attached: 1558099719191.png (602x720, 183K)

I mean I like futa too, but I'm curious why it is about this series that attracts futafags

God, I wish that were me.

Attached: Boner.png (691x597, 16K)

I honestly don't know, I only know the futa fandom from these dick size graphs and Futanari Goddess or Salty Tea from AO3

I think the leaks are real,
but I wish they weren't real.

Why? At the worst we can laught at the incoming edgefest.

edgefest is based.

Oh if anything I'd welcome the story direction that the leak suggested, I just wish I hadn't read it all and didn't ruin the timeskip for myself.
Also it was suggested that map design is subpar, not exactly a great sign, but then again that's some obnoxiously vague shit so we have no idea what it actually means. If we aren't getting CQ maps but if it's at least like RD level then I'd be okay with it.

Better have a story trying way too hard to be dark, than whatever the fuck happened in Fates.

very true

good taste user

Holy shit, she is. Buying game now just for her. Do I have to join one of the specific houses to marry her?

This is the most Yea Forums post I've ever read.

Blue Lions.

This is what happens when you're forced to develop for a 240p handheld for 7 years. Every single nintendo developer is suffering.

noted and thanks user. Blue Lions it is.

If the "leaker" is accurate, then you'll be able to recruit one from each of the other houses right before the timeskip (leaders and important retainers excluded)
>Trusting leaks

>california propaganda

Only if the leak about all the gays comes true will I believe this theory. The artist for 3Houses is like some bottom of the barrel Western tranny dating sim fag.

could be worse, could have been a yaoi artist

well i hope he is accurate, because what he described sounded extremely fun.

>Edelgard is a lot more ruthless than other previous female lords
I'm going to bet a hard false on these leaks based on this line alone. No way she'll actually end up doing anything interesting.

Leaker or not, a timeskip happening is very likely considering Edelgard's last lines in the first trailer.

would be funny to see Cristina Vee play the role of the bad girl for once

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee I deserved to be Empress! I'm not the problem, CRESTS ARE!
Bloodlets when will they learn.

i want to be Edelgards personal throne!

I want to take Edelgarde's throne!