How do I into combat dancing in Grimrock?

how do I into combat dancing in Grimrock?

this is my first blobber pls help

Attached: ss_9510879170afd2f82fd04048f44811b16fad5d2e.1920x1080[1].jpg_t=1447355394.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

Play it like a janky FPS

If you have some space to move around, every enemy is easy and predictable, just observe how they move.

You hit & run, wait for enemy to catch up, repeat.
It works best on 2x2 squares. Doesn't work well against enemies that can turn and attack at the same time.

You just circle strafe. That's literally it. Combat in the game is a joke.

Small brain: square dancing
Big brain: Building a strong party so you don't need to square dance

love this game. sequel is great too.

>sequel is great too.

It's not, and Druidstone a shit

Grimrock 2 > Grimrock 1 > tea > coffee > .............. > Druidstone

If this is your first blobber then may I instead recommend Might and Magic 6, Wizardry 8, or The Bard's Tale Trilogy as some other excellent options.

How spooky are these games? The cramped and dark dungeons seem like it'd wear my nerves down quick.

Highly detailed spiders in your face had me turn it off a few times.

But the atmosphere is dank and dark, very creepy feeling

>Grimrock 2 > Grimrock 1

I disagree, more mechanics but nothing new added to the way the game plays (like NPCs) means Grimrock 2 is more of a sidestep than a true sequel

And yes, I consider sidestep sequel games that were common in the 80's and 90's like Ultima and Wizardry to be bad

Just stay away from the chests in the sequel user, things arent always what they seem he he he....

Attached: clown world.jpg (245x206, 8K)

Not that spooky, to be honest. If you want to play a spooky RPG set in a dungeon then play Arx Fatalis.

Grimrock 1 is more focused, but Grimrock 2 has more variety. I like both

Both Arx and Grimrock are spooky games

>but Grimrock 2 has more variety

It's just more of the same - and the new classes don't add anything as there are classes you won't be able to select, and why would replay a 30-40 hour game just to see them?

Not for me. The only part of Grimrock that I found spooky is the end. Arx is spooky from the start.

>Spooky form the start

Arx has you fighting a spider thats p scary

Grimrock also has you fighting p scary spiders

Seems about the same to me

Spiders aren't scary

I always play this game for a few hours, enjoy it, then come up against something that makes me fucking hate the real time dancing combat and I quit for a year before starting over again

Spider detected