Is Persona the new Final Fantasy?

Is Persona the new Final Fantasy?

amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/14/square-enix-final-fantasy-7-remake-atlus-persona-5-the-royal/

Attached: IMG_6733.jpg (395x658, 74K)

If you even remotely love the Persona series, please report or sage any post that is praising or remotely running rampant with the mindset that P3 is a good game. P3 fags on this board as of lately have been trying to incite wars with the P5 fandom and are throwing around malicious attacks. A notorious shitposter named Ryan is active as we speak from /pg/ to put down P5 and Makoto. Don't let them oppress us. Don't let them take this away from us. P5 is one of the more heartfelt Persona titles we've had in a long time and renovated the series for the better with its stylish graphics, actual dungeons, and enhanced gameplay. Don't let Hashino's final Persona title get bashed like this.

I would say yes.

Because the last actual final fantasy was 10.

they have nothing in common, why is everyone so stupid except for me?

The last actual final fantasy was IX though.

There are only three final fantasy games. Everything else is some chinese conspiracy.

Persona 5 is flawed as shit, people only like it because it's the first SMT game they've played.

Final Fantasy hasn't been good in over a decade, so yeah

Still better than anything final fantasy the last 10 years

Last good FF game was *the one you played when you were 12*

purse owner games are calendar optimization simulators
not reading your blog

I really don't understand why people hype up the Persona 5 so much. I admit that I fell for the hype and played it, but it was boring as fuck and the combat system is one of the worst JRPG combat systems I have ever seen.

true

Pleb

Pretty much. After ff15 being shit and it’s cancelled dlc. People got fed up and started looking for a new jrpg and persona 5 popped up.

p5 is fine. the games just aren't final fantasy-like

>Bullshit is better than dogshit.
I would still not want to eat either thank you very much.

It is in the sense that it’s probably the biggest and most popular good JRPG series now.

I've played persona 3,4 and 5 as well as nocturne, DDS1 and 2 and the Raidou games.
P5 is great and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having it as your favorite.

Nice blog, OP.

Attached: (you).jpg (859x348, 21K)

>a game where you explore a 10/10 world with 10/10 beasts and mechas
>a game where you go to school
No fan of FF is a fan of Persona. Persona is boring af

>shilling your own article here for clicks
fuck off

>with 10/10 beasts
I dunno about others, but I always thought most of FF enemy designs were random garbage.

Attached: AAuE7mCa-S5M4GUXhSncooZfce7WfPvmOllynxM.jpg (900x900, 60K)

I can't wait to see what this guy looks like in the remake.

My main problem with P5 was that the social links don't really affect the story at all.
As an example you can max the Ruyji's social link and during it he actually has some pretty nice character development, but then in the next main story cutscene he's back to acting like a total retard.

Mystic Quest

FF is with one foot in the grave. It'll only die if FF XVI is shit as well, the FF VII Remake is shit and the new FF XIV expac is shit. If those are all good we might see a renaissance.

>persona 3,4 and 5 as well as nocturne, DDS1 and 2 and the Raidou games
You really hit all the bases for "i play only the games Yea Forums likes", didnt you?

>the social links don't really affect the story at all
They never did, because it's optional side content.

I liked the oddball designs. Now they play it so safe with established enemies.

If you were trying to prove your point with that picture you've failed miserably.

How can it be the new FF if it only has 1 game?

Attached: 1545901882450.jpg (220x312, 23K)

POPULAR THING BAD

OBSCURE THING GOOD

Final Fantasy was never good

A mediocre series that is carried only by its presentation? Yeah, sure.

Play the bad smts. Then youll understand why persona is a bad smt.

No, I most certainly did not.

Then they shouldn't have social links for the main characters, or link them to the main story. It feels really odd when the characters can have major development during their social links, but the main story just ignores them.

Persona isn't an SMT

Xenoblade is better than both.

People are only paying attention to Persona because of Smash... do not try to argue, you know I am right.

Persona is OK but if you are an edgy teen I can see why you would think it was the best

IX and VIII kinda sucked. Not outright but they has big problems.

Persona is a bit too simple now. I personally feel Xenoblade would be a better example of a 'new final fantasy', however FFXV still sold alot due to marketing, name power and normies.

The first one? X? 2???

I disagree. My first final fantasy was mystic quest.

I think he means the series
I would rank it as
Classic FF > Xeno > Persona > Dragon Quest > SquEnix FF

Normalfags are literally incapable of enjoying more than one JRPG
Same reason nintendiesfags pretend Fire Emblem isn't weebshit so they can justify never playing a decent SRPG

The series turns into weeb shit tho

And I even watch anime and play jrpgs

You left out Lost Odyssey

>hates Persona
>comes into a Persona thread
Everytime.

>Persona thread
This thread is some lazy journalist shilling their article in order to get controversy clicks.

>thread topic: persona is better than foo
>>waah why are you talking about things that are better than persona?
your victim complex is unreal

>calls Persona weebshit
>it was never about Persona
???

Xenoblade has been leading the JRPG genre since chronicles was launched

Sorry, I meant Xenoblade turns into weebshit

How did you get any of that from what I said? This isn't a Persona thread, this is a journo thread.