The last time a Sonic game had soul

The last time a Sonic game had soul...

Attached: Sonic adventure 2 cover.png (324x324, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NIWyZmFSep0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rush is better, and the OST is equal with SA2.

I disagree but it definitely had the most

>There are Sonic "fans" whose first Sonic game was Sonic Colors.

I feel absolute pity.

Why do people like this dogshit? The first adventure game was much better

Sonic 06 was going to be but they were a bit too scattered with everything they wanted to accomplish.

WRONG

Attached: sonic-battle.jpg (378x385, 85K)

That's not 06

>The first adventure game was much better
They were both shitty but SA2 was babbys first nostalgia because of SA2B.

Was a couple years ago

Attached: SonicManiaPlusWallpaper1.jpg (675x1200, 175K)

Where's the soul?

>Mania

But that game is the opposite of SOUL.

My first Sonic game was Sonic & Knuckles followed by Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle a few years later.

We miss you, Yuji Naka...

Attached: asdf.jpg (220x330, 15K)

The epitome of soul
youtu.be/NIWyZmFSep0

>There are Sonic "fans" whose first game was Sonic Adventure
I feel absolute disgust.

Unleashed and colors had soul. Generations and Mania had soul and nostalgia right.

If he wasnt retarded... I dont know what the fuck he is doing with Square now or what he will do there

That's because Sega was still in the console market and weren't fucking around. If the Dreamcast didn't die there definitely would've been SA3.

Is "soul" code for "a game I have nostalgia for"? Because that's about all the Adventure games have going for them.

Nah, they're also kino.

Yuji Naka is alright

if by soul you mean dumb cutscenes about useless shit that doesnt matter lol.
i actually really liked sa2 as a kid

Attached: aaaa.png (1842x1841, 1.53M)

Dont forget actual physics, good scoring system, the most playable characters in any main game, good music, multiplayer, great replay value with multiple missions per stage, multiple stages tailored to each character, the best story in the series, and chao garden.

No, it's code for "game with an artistic vision and passion put into them"
Most games with soul these days are indie and therefore not talked about that much. That's because game development has become far too expensive and far too much focus has been put on trying to replicate realism through graphics. So it's very difficult for the game industry to support itself while still embracing creativity and passion before cynical executive trends and algorithms. They have become "product" than "project," you understand? Game design has been streamlined and much of what a game contains is left to market trends and algorithms rather than organic and creative ideas. The occasional soulful AAA game still graces us here and there but is typically rife with executive meddling much more than ever before. This industry needs a crash and the scale of the average development process needs to be downscaled a lot.

>scores systems are always tied to only speed and rings, sometimes "just dont fucking die and get S ranking lol"
>no more SA2 score system where defeating certain enemies, not touching the ground, doing things fast, do some stylish thing like grinding in certain sections of the stages would give unique scores

I also liked how getting all rings would guarantee an A ranking, which was pretty easy to get in Metal Harbor

this was the real last time sonic had soul

Attached: MV5BYmI1ZTJhMWMtYTBjMC00ZGQxLTlmMzQtNTQ3MzA4ZGJmZjJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (2543x3600, 1.54M)

Adv1 has soul 2 lacks soul

Attached: beach.gif (500x377, 284K)

Soulless is just "I dont like thing"

see

SA2 is great and it is better then SA1

SA1's sonic stages were great, but less polished then SA2, while the knuckles and tales levels are about as good/bad as in SA2: worse because there's no tailor made levels, but better in that tails isn't ibn a slow mech and knuckles has the better radar.

But the big and amy stages are shit, and they outnumber the amount of bad stages in SA2 easily.

>worse because there's no tailor made levels
That's what you want though. Knuckles and Tails should just be bonus characters to play as if you want to.

Rush is what u need

Knuckles had his own levels and routes in the classic games and Mania, and it worked well to make a unique and great experience. If he makes another playable appearance, it should be similar to SA2 and Classic's design of giving him his own levels complimenting his abilities.

>That's what you want though
No its not.

That's a pain though. Just design one adventure with large levels and let me play through it with characters that can traverse them a little differently.

>ragtag bunch of sonic fans go out of their way to replicate the classic gameplay to a tee
>this is somehow soulless
Forcing this meme for the sake of it and you know it.
t.Adventure Fan

F L O A T I N G M O N I T O R