I have a 2080 and I'm waiting my 1440p144hz monitor to arrive. Recommend me some games to play at high framerate

I have a 2080 and I'm waiting my 1440p144hz monitor to arrive. Recommend me some games to play at high framerate.

Currently thinking of:
DOOM
Vanquish
FURI

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/framerates#count=3&background=stars&pps=960
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What monitor did you get.

Sekino

>the only difference between 60hz and 240hz is seeing the whites in the model's eyes in motion

Wew glad I didn't waste money on this meme.

Trackmania 2

Don't ever get a high refresh panel because it will ruin you and you'll never be happy with anything slower.

hentai VR

>Character ingame tells you not to shoot until you see the whites of their eyes
>You only have a 60hz monitor
>uh oh spaghett-ohs

Gamemax GMX32CEWQ. It's a chink brand, but with good products. It has the best specs and the only thing alternative close to it (in Brazil) is the Acer Predator X34 that costs almost twice as much and I really don't want an ultrawide.

you can't see the difference in a still image you shithead

144hz and up just reduces "motion blur" right? does it actually feel any different

this isn't true at all assuming you grew up with crts, even a 60hz ips panel is perfectly fine.

This is the real issue I feel. You'll always feel like everything else is inferior. This is why I don't upgrade to 1440p either since most things are formatted to 1080p, 1440p is likely to fuck up who knows what.

Reducing "motion blur" isn't what it does, it's actually the opposite. It increases "motion blur" but over a period of time. Hence more frames/refreshes. Does it feel different? Yes. It feels uncanny because the eye doesn't look at things this smoothly. You're so used to the motion blur that seeing it so smooth is like a super power.

based retard

did you post an image comparing different framerates?
but why?

>tfw you honestly, and without trying to troll or anything, cannot tell the difference between 30 fps and 144fps

Attached: 1546414405590.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

please don't tell me it was a TN panel tho...

I can but I couldn't care less. it's a visual aesthetic not direct upgrade to experience.

VA.

>tfw get IPS and thought it would look a lot better
Your standards may be warped if you also have a 4K tv and didn't realize that's basically the same and actually better.

Actually, it is

After this I'll just wait for someone to say that 30fps on consoles differs from 30fps on PC
Actually, on PC it usually means 30fps locked and on console is 30 with some slowdowns

Attached: 1555547449650.png (842x699, 359K)

Never used a 4K panel or TV, but you need vision correction if you can't see the difference between TN and IPS. Not only are the colours washed out to the point of eyesore, but the second you slouch in your chair they almost disappear. 2K 144hz ips panels with 1ms response times are available now and when I upgrade in a month I won't settle for any less. I used to use a 1080p IPS panel at 60hz, when I switched to my current 144hz TN panel the first thing I noticed was how shit the colours look

4k/60hz >>>>>>>>>> 2k/144hz

144hz is just a Reddit meme at this point

2k/144hz >>>>>>>>>> 4k/60hz

4K is just a Reddit meme at this point

144hz is a placebo and has been proven to be so by independent sources (no, youtube channels are not independent). 4k/60fps is an objective visual improvement.

fps really doesnt matter for me as long as there isnt glaring input lag. like when you go 25-20 it starts to become unbearable even for me.

you are right, there is no reason to ever need anything above 30fps. you can't see anything past 15fps. if someone says they actually need 7.5fps, tell them they are retarded as the eye can't interpret anything past 3.75fps

You need vision correction if you can't see the difference in a blind test. I searched for any research or blind tests and came up with nothing but a broken link from multiple websites to a study that supposedly had 86% of participants choose correctly in a blind test. Now please show us your "independant sources"

the human eye actually perceives images at only 1 fps, so technically you're right

144hz for input delay is placebo, most engine defines a threshold for input to 60hz.
Visually on the other hand...

Why should I do your research for you?

It's YOUR argument

wave a hand in front of your face. do you see motion blur? good then than means low fps is more realistic.

>there are people in this thread that OBJECTIVELY BELIEVE there is no difference whatsoever between 60hz, 120hz, 144hz and 240hz
please don't reproduce

Attached: 1540583839562.jpg (498x372, 24K)

I always suspected that and I'm very glad I stuck with 1920x1080@60Hz.

Fuck these newfangled resolution descriptors, by the way.

GTAV is amazing at 120+ fps.

I grew up with CRTs, but I'm curious about the 144hz thing. I have a 1070, though, and am not going to upgrade my GPU for quite some time since the games I play tend to not be graffix heavy. But freesync is worthless to me, as I'm not on AMD, but the gsync that is nvidias tech makes monitors stupid expensive. Plus it's all this curved bullshit and reviews say these monitors don't really produce "black" but "grey".

This, 60Hz hurts.

There's this funny thing called Google that might help you next time you find yourself lacking in knowledge. Try it some time.

Fortnite
Quake Live
Quake Champions
Hat in Time

>144hz 1440p pc gaming master race! Console peasants gtfo!
Reddit it that way --->

I buy used monitors from Goodwill.

If YOU present an argument it is up to YOU to prove it you fucking retard, did you not pass high school English, or are you still completing it? I tried 5 different search queries to look for any research and came up with nothing, which leads me to believe that your "independent sources" don't exist. The only "research" I can find is blind tests done by youtubers that overwhelmingly show that 144hz is easily distinguishable. MY little brother came into my room and looked at my screen last week and asked me why my cursor movement looked so smooth, so I had to explain to him what refresh rates are. 4K is definitely a noticeable improvement, but at the cost of a high refresh rate? Hell no, unless you are doing some sort of productive work like editing, but this is a video game board

Google turns up absolutely nothing but the "non independent" research you claim is invalid. Please, bless us with your rigorous research that you totally didn't just make up

Just going to run a couple of thoughts by you, the person reading this that has an IQ above room temperature.
Think of the amount of retards that look at tests on a 30Hz screen and triumphantly declare and spread the idea that there is no difference.
Anyone else is trolling and you really should not be responding to such obvious bait posts telling you to, "Just Google it!"

Attached: stealth is optional.jpg (780x523, 277K)

Unironically skyrim with HD mods
Some of the views there are amazing

fuck your consoleshit tv resolution. fucking hate that new video games dont support 16:10 because theyre all console ports that have post processing and shit tied to aspect ratio.

Screen delay is vastly more important than refresh rate
CRT for life

>tfw my autism brought me to buy two 1440p 144Hz monitors because I wanted them to look exactly the same
>Only one will ever be used to its full potential

Attached: 1556149845673.gif (170x192, 2.92M)

Nah it's just trolls don't fall for the bait

>half life 1 monster

>144hz monitor

>he fell for the meme
lol. anything past 75hz is stupid and a waste of money

>t. poorfag

consoles are literally pushing the 4k meme though

Sure, maybe, but that is not really the topic now, and surely at some point convenience (Really lack of inconvenience) is important too.
Are there even 4k CRTs widely available?

Actual negroid monkey pea brains.

>anything past 75hz is stupid and a waste of money
I think there's something wrong with your eyes. There's a reason VR needs 90hz minimum to be convincing.

You know what? I will revert back to 4:3 just to spite your faggot ass.

either legit retarded or your monitor is forcing 30hz.
use thi, make sure to click that fullscreen button.
testufo.com/framerates#count=3&background=stars&pps=960
see the difference between 15 and 30? it's double the frames. same with 30-60

these are the types of people that see 60fps live video and think it "looks too fast"

itt pic related

Attached: poorfaxgif.gif (300x250, 3K)

Attached: avoid-buyers-remorse.png (700x1000, 742K)

More like advertised as 4k but actually its only like that in loading screen and stays at 2k or lower thanks to dynamic resolution scam meme

this is relevant to my internets

Civilization IV

>I have a 1070, though
I found I'm more bottlenecked by my CPU having to do double-processing duty more than my GPU trying to hit 120/144hz with a 1070.

i priced a new build today, it was surprisingly cheap. i really shouldnt...

try apex its free, also RAGE 2 looks pretty great too bad the game is ass

bullshit is not true, went from playing FPS games at 144hz then played sekiro locked at 60 and it was total shit

pic triggered me for a sec

didnt know if it was posted ironically or not

I cant even browse the desktop at 60hz anymore. Its like playing games at 30 fps.

I have a new i7, so I don't think my CPU is gonna be the issue. I haven't needed to OC it at all yet.

>so I don't think my CPU is gonna be the issue
Long as you don't install that microcode update.

this but unironically

this. using 60hz screens feels so sluggish now

60hz on a 120/144hz always looks shit because the pixel response rate is fast enough that you can see the steps between frames at 60hz on them.

HIgher framerate directly results in less input lag, depending on how the things you have to react to are animated. Lots of games are programmed to have animations and mechanics cap out at 30 or 60 fps even if the game can run at 120hz.
It's not hardware input lag, however, it's "input lag" in the sense that with higher framerates you're fed information faster and more frequently whereas a user with half the framerate might have to wait literally twice as long to see the same thing.

>Lots of games are programmed to have animations and mechanics cap out at 30 or 60 fps even if the game can run at 120hz.
This shit always looks real awkward.

Attached: Play_at_half_speed.webm (720x390, 2.92M)

Why do people care about framerates above 60 fps if the human eye can only see 24 fps

Because there's not a 24hz monitor, so you either get a display that does 72hz or 144hz to perfectly play 24hz back at.

You mean 60 fps on a fixed 120/144hz panel. If you set a 120/144hz panel to 60hz, pixel response times will change to closer to a native 60hz screen. Even then, if you have a TN 60hz screen you're already seeing very low pixel response times anyway.

same reason people care about owning water levels when the earth is already flat

That looks tiresome.

>It's not hardware input lag, however, it's "input lag" in the sense that with higher framerates you're fed information faster and more frequently whereas a user with half the framerate might have to wait literally twice as long to see the same thing.

Human reaction time floats around 280ms and from one reaction to the next it may vary upwards of over 100ms. Anyone who thinks a 18ms "headstart" is meaningful for a human is a fool.