What is your favorite Roguelike Yea Forums?

Attached: Tiles SS.png (1032x668, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cataclysm: dda is pretty fun and stimulates my autism

Dwarf Fortress

The Binding of Isaac

>Risk of rain 2

One Way Heroics

I think Caves of Qud would be my favorite once it releases, I played a little and it's awesome so far reminds me Cataclysm which I liked but disliked shallow sandbox boring simulator of items hoard for nothing, meanwhile CoQ has a large and interesting world with same cool mechanics

Attached: coq.jpg (616x353, 61K)

wish cave and purity forest from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Wizardry

Elona.

Not really a fan of perma death in general. Really enjoy the leveling system.

Attached: file.png (800x600, 1.18M)

dorf fort
we are heijickle (obscure rl for the NES, homebrew)
powderrl (simpl rl with a fuckload of ports)
doomrl (probably the most fun rl I ever played)

cant wait till the makers of doomrl release their new rl, its in closed beta at the moment

The classic. Good ol Castle of the Winds.

Attached: COTW.png (640x480, 6K)

Hell yeah. It was my first roguelike and I played the shit out of it.

caves of qud, c:dda, cogmind

>playing "modern" crawl

do you not like having fun playing video games user why would you gimp yourself by playing a version of the game that's gutted the very spirit the original devs intended for their game?

Attached: Pikel the Kobold.png (1366x768, 367K)

a classic

Attached: Ancient Domains Of Mystery.png (1024x768, 91K)

>tfw carving wooden bowls After midnight to be able to trade for a rough handaxe and a bird is flying around your cabin slowing down time while youre freezing to death

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 62K)

IVAN

stone soup

But is it fun?

What's a good team based roguelike?

For the last week i've been enjoying this. The amount of shit they have for crafting is actually fucking insane.

I can't figure out tailoring/repairing stuff tho. No matter how many times i repair a cloth it stays the same. Another thing i don't get is the (poor fit) clothes i find. Is there a way to make them fit better?

based

Attached: 1527105719368.jpg (512x512, 132K)

fucking cats. Literally the reason I never try to finish most of my runs. I barely escape from cat lord every goddamn time and every run I try to be nice to them they still fucking die and blame me for it.

why does everyone always shit on TOME?
i like TOME

It's pretty good, but when returning to it I always ultimately get tired of how convoluted it is.

Only correct answer

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.59M)

ded game
ded genre

Read books about sewing. The success rate is really low if you're below 3.

Tfw no roguelike with the survival aspects of URW, but with proper dungeons and goals.

It sucks having to do the same dungeons every time
Also that retarded crystal dungeon where if you get hit once you literally explode
Also it's basically a cooldown manager

i feel like qud is worse than TOME but all i ever hear is praise for qud
how is qud better than tome

stone soup
it's really satisfying to be able to get good enough at a thing like that to get multiple 100% victories in a row.

I'm trying to get into Unreal World, but I keep getting bored and quit because I have no idea how to properly hunt shit.

This. It helps that Elona is the deepest rougelite out there. Nothing can really compare to it.

I've tried playing this sometimes bu i think it's really hard to find a goal. I had some trouble with the whole fruit juicer and having to manage necessities too.
What should i be doing in that game to get a foothold?

>rougelite
So it's pink?

Probablly DCSS since thats the one I play the most

it's more of a redish color with maybe a hint of purple

>bu i think it's really hard to find a goal.
It literally tells you the goal, retard, go through Lesimas.

what are you doing with the blender? herb food is where it's at

How rude!

Started playing this because of the cozy fanart. Was sad that most NPCs and pets don't actually have personalities, but it's still one of my favorite games.

Attached: elona.jpg (840x525, 248K)

>Roguelike?
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup
>RogueLite?
Dungeons of Dredmor, Eldritch, and Gungeon

The scarce few times I've beaten this niche genre have been so delicious nothing else compares. Even a perfect Sekiro speedrun pales to the feeling of finally getting that fucking orb and ascending

Attached: 1557176892078.jpg (700x535, 51K)

Elishe....

Attached: 53914A76-CECE-45B0-8EED-6B8474391313.png (48x72, 7K)

Maybe not the best one around, but certainly one of the more unique ones. Play as robot and build yourself from scraps of your enemies as you go.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 33K)

I felt the same way.

Does anyone even play nethack anymore?

>trial and error: the genre
>with DICE ROLLS

why

you can control your odds to be massively in your favor generally.

*meteors u*
nuthin personell elealover

Attached: 1557015577011.jpg (512x512, 79K)

I get bored of games without luck element far quicker. Also I'm autistic.

I think you're describing an ARPG like Path of Exile.

>tfw you dumpster Sigmund

Fair games are boring after a point skill wise. Extend to the RNG to the absolute worst, and you'll end up with an experience unmatched while you cling to your seat in a constant mixture of dominating and struggling to survive basic encounters

Attached: 1541138061714.png (530x642, 349K)

path of exile isn't a roguelike

You can play each of the Uncharted games exactly one (1) time, and you've seen everything the movie has to offer.
You can play Isaac 1,000 times, and never get the same game twice.

It is if you play it in permadeath mode. He asked for a team-based roguelike. Multiplayer Ironman PoE with its randomly-generated loot and zones.

risk of rain

you get the same game every time, only with the components shuffled around

Shena's ass is the best

>It is if you play it in permadeath mode
No it's not, you retarded cunt.

ADOM

Attached: sage-colors.png (740x425, 42K)

And in Uncharted, you get the same game every time, without any shuffling at all. Exact same.

pokemon mystery dungeon blue

Sure it is.

>Sigmund fails to defend himself
>you slice Sigmund open like a ripe Choko!!!!

Attached: 1555890347757.gif (320x320, 1.99M)

No it's not, permadeath doesn't make PoE like the game Rogue in any way.

Yeah beating ADOM is some of my best gaming experiences Ive had. Still havent gotten an ultimate victory though...

And randomized zones and items.

Thought I was the only one who played it under win3.1
Never got really far in but it was fun nonetheless.

Also permadeath mode makes PoE turn based and ASCII

Came here to post this
Based
Rate my cozy-ass cabin and smokehouse

Attached: 20190504234351_1.jpg (1916x1018, 456K)

I remember playing that as a kid who barely knew how to read and didn't understand a word of English. Took me ages to realize that you can move diagonally. I still got to the point where village is burned after first dungeon.

is this on mobile?

Neither of those are necessary

It's a game that has been in development since 1991, what do you think?

Yes they are, otherwise it's not a roguelike, cunt.

sword of the stars: the pit

i dont know why its virtually unknown

Attached: 1557605200137.jpg (1920x1018, 224K)

roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation

no?

Isaac isn't turn-based

You posted it, user. DC:SS is kino.

Correct
I highly doubt this'd work on mobile anyway, it's way too reliant on hotkeys to not be a miserable menu-crawler

>a game that isn't a roguelike either isn't turn based as well!
No shit

I'm playing this shit 2 years now and I've never, a single time managed to play further part 1. I always end up going back and making a new gunslinger character
Also
Vampire lady>dog onee-san>imouto>little sister

Ah well that's a shame
at least I still have cdda for my mobile comfy game

because the genre has evolved beyond single-dungeon small floors with no depth besides combat

This game is pretty good

Nethack, even though I'll never ascend

seems even more autistic than dwarf fort DESU

>everything I can't play with my double digit IQ is autistic

this, but with multiplayer

apparently it hasnt evolved enough seeing as sots the pit is still the only roguelike where movement isnt 1 step for you equals 1 step for the enemy

Not my favorite, but it was nice.

Attached: fgsfds.png (800x600, 210K)

Best: ADOM, TOME
Good: Elona, Caves of Qud
Mediocre: DCSS, Tangledeep, Omega, Nethack, Dwarf Fortress, DoomRL, Brogue
Bad: SIL, Infra Arcana, Sproggiwood, Pixel Dungeon, Wazhack

I've been trying out Shadow of the Wyrm recently and it's decently fun, similar to ADOM. It doesn't seem particularly well-balanced at the moment though and of course has a long way to go before it gets to ADOM's amount of content.

is that an eroge roguelike ?

name ?

game?

RJ223152 - Vessel of Inikitatis

thanks

can you play as boy?

i absolutely love the game, but i don't play it much simply because the dungeons are always the same

Nope

I've been getting into ToME lately. I enjoy the talent system but you know, getting instantly deleted in one shot to -2000 hp by an enemy that looks exactly like the enemies I've been lawnmowing through for the last 2 hours but with a pink circle on it is getting old

my DCSS experience has been very strange because the only times I've ever beaten it are as a Gargoyle EE of vehumet or sif muna, which is like the easiest fucking race/class combo in the game, and an Ogre Hunter of Cheibriados, where accidentally pressing an arrow key at the wrong moment lets enemies beat your ass uninterrupted for hundreds of turns

>boomer vs. zoomer: Roguelike edition.

Funny stuff.

Attached: 1511718263659.png (231x218, 10K)

Any decent Sci fi ones?

Sword of the Stars: The Pit

See

Are there sex scenes or is all console text?

did you make this, user?

DoomRL

ASCII isn't necessary(any true roguelike could, theoretically, be displayed as ASCII, but lacking an ASCII mode does not make it not a roguelike).
Turn-based is necessary. If something is not turn based, it is not a roguelike, because being turn-based is a key feature of the genre.

It's all pixel sex and a few game over CGs. It's Japanese, you can find the dev's blog by googling the RJ provided.

have sex

C:DDA, sort of. Post-apocalyptic rather than actually like, space and shit. Also it took the exact opposite approach to modern DCSS and is a bloated mess(proving that the correct path is in the middle instead of extreme bullshit).
The Pit is alright but a little shallow.
Prospector is alright but quite shallow.
DoomRL is unique and, in my own opinion, excellent. Yes, it is also kind of shallow(you may be noticing a trend, here) but I can't think of a roguelike which does ranged combat better. Really hoping the sequel turns out to be good.

I think i need Japanese locale or something since it's giving me a lot of errors

Can we admit brogue is the peak of the genre?
>Looks great
>Tactical
>No grinding
>No bloat

a trick, don't open chest, always try to get abilities that help you escape or survive, don't waste point on VIT and skill points on Technique/Combat Veteran and play good classes until you feel the game, like temporal warden or wringle one if you have the dlc.

play videogames

forgot the pic

Attached: 巨大スライム_注入.png (720x540, 34K)

Cogmind is easily the best sci-fi roguelike.

>Roguelike threat
>posts platformer

What is with japan and these depraved sex games

I've been playing Tinkers first since they're the type that interest me most(I'm aware that meta-wise the only one people think is good is the sawbutcher). Doing EoR. I had a gunslinger at like level 45 get one shot 3 times in a row(I had some revive stuff on me) by the same enemy, one that I had killed dozens of before, and it wasn't even special. I have no idea what the fuck. Same thing with a sawbutcher: Like level 40, run into an Anorithil patrol which I had, again, chewed through dozens of before and in one turn I get 12 different status effects put on me, all my sustains turned off, and lose 60% of my health, then next turn I'm at -1500.

they're fairly based

Culture of accepted double standards, Japanese culture expects you to be absolutely proper, chaste and sexually repressed in public, but allows almost every kind of degeneracy without any moralism as long as you do it in private.

I didn't play much EoR, so im not sure, butthe normal enemies are cannon fodder, until late when enemies use magic and thing, they can be a problem if there's a lot of 'em, but otherwise they are jokes and you should never compare a normal mook to a elite of any kind.

Are japanese women kinky too?

It's just a grind.
Yeah it's cool. Yeah it's got nice thing. Yeah it's quirky and interesting. But it's a fucking grind. Even the dev knows it. That's why he left permadeath option open to you.

this

ITT: People thinking that having a perma death and (pseudo)randomly generated levels makes a game roguelike.

I played a whole lot of IVAN, about 8 years ago. Never got really far.

qud has a huge amount of style and the ability to explore anywhere you want and go deep in caves limitlessly to look for loot. Also it doesn't have 10000 stats and there are no item afixes apart from basic mods like flaming.

What do you think about Rogue Fable III?

Why do you think the older version are better?
Also what is the best version in your opinion?

I fucking hate scaling in games and TOME has it.

Rogue's tale is awesome desu. Seems simple and rng at first but when you amass all the knowledge the game becomes intricate.

Attached: firefox.png (1016x575, 449K)

Why is it so fucking meh?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 49K)

Japs are sick in the head because of all the radiation. They think about sex with children all the time as well.

Rogue, for it is the most rogue-like roguelike.

Tbh if you want rogue experience you can just play nethack.
Speaking of nethack, is there a mod or something that makes the game less keyboard-reliant?
Not being able to use a mouse and having to remember 60 fucking keybinds kinda makes it hard to enjoy for me.

The binding of Isaac

what the fuck are you talking about, you want to say a rougelike is a grindfest? hell, they probably all are, so what?

GearHead:Arena
I've been playing other games recently, mostly on my phone since I've been away from my PC a lot, but I fully intend to come back to this one in time. I really dig giant robots, and it seems interesting thus far.

Attached: Geahheddo.png (816x638, 183K)

Foxtraps aren't the go to currency anymore right?
It's been too long.

How is latest CDDA? Specifically, the shooting.
Last time I played it you needed Coolthulu's fork because shooting was so nerfed, but that wasn't updated for years.

sauce?