What was Nintendo thinking?

What was Nintendo thinking?

Attached: 384769.png (160x162, 27K)

Aztec-inspired stuff maybe?
Tostarena in Odyssey has Aztec-inspired architecture, including the boss Knucklotec.

everything in the nu-SMB style has to be SOULLESS

I think it looks neat

what the fuck am i looking at?

The new "angry" sun.

Attached: medium_itpl.png (600x154, 65K)

u fuckin retards its the sun from the carpet in mario 64

Sun is tired of being angry. Sun just wants the world to quietly die along with itself now.

I don't understand it either. It doesn't even fit with the rest of the NSMB aesthetic since it's all about making everything look as homogenous with the rest of the series as possible. It doesn't even fucking look angry

I'm thinking when its actually in play it animates and looks way angrier than "that was rude".

Shame they didn't use the sun and moon design from Mario Party 6.

where do you find these?

It looks so out of place with the other 3.
The SMB1 version looks fine, but that makes sense because it was also an NES game, so they're essentially re-designing the enemy for the same console graphics.
The World one looks a bit odd, but it fits the artstyle of that game.
Then the last one...what am I looking at? It's not like this enemy hasn't appeared since the NES. Pic related is from one of the Mario Kart games. and it looks like a good modernized version of it.
The NSMB one...what on Earth is that thing supposed to be?

Attached: Angry_Sun_Art.png (193x195, 45K)

Its never enough for you retards. They give you slopes, 3d world, new enemies, scrolling levels, vertical scrolling, multiplayer for co op and battle, a search function with tags, night function has new playstyles, endless mode with leaderboards, snake blocks, a way to stop scrolling ahead to make secret areas, and a story mode with 100+ Nintendo designed levels and its still not enough for the basement dwelling retards on Yea Forums.

Go eat a dick faggots.

Is the second one the one for the SMB1 graphics?

This isn’t even the normal soulless New style. This is just so out of place that being completely soulless actually makes it stand out and become soulful

Actually, that thing, whatever you want to call it, looks like it has too much "soul" if you ask me.
Yeah, the NSMB style usually is the most generic and bland, but this sun is the opposite of that. I think it's too unique actually.

Brighton and Twila? I don't know, that might seem out of place.

The angry sun usually makes me laugh. The NSMB sun kind of disturbs me.

Yeah, their whole shtick was that they were arguing over who was better, but it would be uncharacteristic of Brighton to attack Mario.

Actually it's less the same graphics and more using a different mapper. All the "new" SMB1 graphics are made in such a way that they could actually work without a mapper, since SMB1 didn't have one. Despite being for the same console, the difference between SMB1 and SMB3 is basically the same as the difference between a normal SNES game and a SNES game with the Super FX chip.

Yes.

Does the current solution not seem out of place?

should have used this one

Attached: sun.jpg (318x316, 24K)

>even the sun is tired of your shit

Did they show it emoting? I'm sure it will get madder, unlike the static image ones

The final Sun has discovered an emotion beyond anger. It is a feeling so strong it cannot be conveyed through facial expression, for it is too powerful to show to the world and must remain inside: rage

Fixed it

Attached: sun.png (588x616, 340K)

it still looks like shit but I guess at least it's angry now

how did they fuck up the one thing they couldn't fuck up about the ANGRY SUN

JUST

Yeah dude spitting fucking image

Attached: 6852527C-5C5A-4C2C-B88E-02474D9DDC2C.png (420x420, 72K)

i kind of like it

hahaha what the fuck is that
it looks like something out of an Osamu Sato game

It will most likely animate to be angrier

Attached: 1558068174858_.png (600x154, 58K)

Why is the Sun so angry?

He doesnt have sex. He is a reflection of Yea Forums

Sunday morning is comfy as fuck

Always watched it when I visited my gramma

It's pretty obvious that the NSMB sun changes his expression to match the older suns when he detects the player

What if it's a mask that comes off when it starts the chase?

*trumpets start up*

what fucking mario game could this sun be?..... super mario sunshine?

all the other themes in mario maker 2 are from mario games so this surely will be too.

I think you mean it steals your soul. Look at those dead eyes.

It's NSMBU.

so can i just say how much it bothers me that some of the toolbar icons in the NSMBU and 3D World themes use the in-game sprites/models, but some of them just use pre-existing renders

Attached: Capture.png (533x90, 84K)

Can I just say, you should be happy you are even getting this game to begin with?

kys bootlicker

Mad>>>Rage>>>>>Solar Seethe>>>>>>>>Effervescent Hatefold Path to Enlightenment

You act far worse than an entitled nigger that expects the government to give everything to them. Welfare, affirmative action, food stamps... its not enough we need reparations!

You're getting a game, that wasnt even expected to come to the Switch with a load of new features and its still not enough. Kill yourself welfare queen.

chill the fuck out
i think the game looks great regardless, a mild ui goof isn't gonna make me deduct points, it just irks me

Attached: 1537753304606.png (229x252, 26K)

Underrated post.

Yeah, the half effort always bothers me in general. Either half ass it or full ass it.

I love how fucking livid the SMW sun is.

>This thread
Normalfags ruin everything. They get into the sauna and want the heat turned down. When you see all these seething suns and see one that's chill as fuck and unique looking a human being goes "fuck yeah" not "wow....um....yikes....."

I reckon the NSMBU sun looks neat, kinda like a boss fight from Stretch Panic.

Cool, cool, cool, SHUT IT DOWN.

GAYM THEORY

IS NSMBU'S SUN ACTUALLY A NOVA FROM KIRBY

I just want to use the Cape Feather outside of Super Mario World... why is that so much to ask for?