Dilly dally, shilly shally

Dilly dally, shilly shally.

Attached: dilly.jpg (608x336, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=shilly shally
youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What DID she mean by this?

I don't care if it is an unpopular opinion but I'll say it anyways, sometimes I think that I might maybe want to have sex with Tifa

code for offering her double Ds for /ss/

Attached: 001.jpg (1200x1600, 826K)

it's an animation you retarded fuck

oh god, just get the fuck outta here

Attached: tifa disgusted.jpg (923x1300, 274K)

Attached: 9B7B75C5-814C-424E-A3F3-1EEB2E344706.jpg (1028x1285, 274K)

Did people not grow up hearing not to "dilly dally"?

She needs to be stopped

Attached: 1557887268726.png (540x540, 416K)

But what is shilly shally

This is why you don't make a pivotal scene revolve around an untranslatable onomatopoeia that barely makes sense to begin with

Tifa is going to be Asian and is going to have her titties nerfed in the remake

A mocking rhyme. It's calling Cloud out for being a procrastinating bitch.

Tifa is going to be a Mexican with F cups
My dad works at Square Enix

I'm willing to bet it's one or the other.

Attached: tifabeach.jpg (660x1020, 408K)

Brian is that you?

>she and burton are no longer in the 7remake
Advent Children was a whack dub, but fuck if their voices didn’t grow on me over the years.
More so with Burton, still mad fucking Marth finally got dubbed in Smash Bros yet Cloud is still speaking jap.
Superman being Sephiroth was fucking perfect though, and if the new guy doesn’t deliver like Newbern did, shit might as well not be dubbed at all.

Burton is worthless, but I hope Rachel doesn't get replaced. Tifa's english voice is more consistent than her jap voice.

Attached: gbike profile.jpg (292x454, 21K)

Wait, they dubbed the Japanese-only guy but didn't dub the guy who has always been equal in Japanese and English in terms of releases? what?

Newburn was way too evil sounding. There was no way to see him as a former hero.

How dare you

>Superman being Sephiroth was fucking perfect though
Agreed. Newbern's delivery was weird in some of the early stuff (particularly with the wack vocal directing in KH2) but that improved over time and the cadence and pitch of his voice were literally perfect for Sephiroth

Attached: 0654AEDE-CAD9-4198-8ED1-DEA81213766C.jpg (894x894, 102K)

Nigga did you play crisis core?
Or watch DCAU at all?
Exactly how underage are you?

I've never watched Advent Children and I probably never will

Exactly 5 years older than you.

I think she telling you to move on

Attached: 4235ff35e91f11aa13df9099cb1c7d4f.jpg (896x512, 48K)

Why does this look weird to me. Did the artist redo her face? I remember it differently.

George Newbern literally plays SUPERMAN.

>Marth finally got dubbed in Smash Bros
I'm still not sure how to feel about this, I mean I actually like Yuri Lowenthal but I'm just so used to Hikaru Midorikawa.
Dub Roy is pretty much perfect tho.

All signs point to Cloud's inclusion in Ultimate being extremely last minute and with a ton of restrictions from Square Enix, same reason FF has a whopping TWO songs and is barely involved in the Spirits stuff.

You're probably better off that way.

I watched it for the first time after seeing the newest remake trailer and I gotta say..... it was pretty bad.
But I will say that it increased my hype for the remake by a LOT. Seeing the Turks given personality and seeing the party run and around and interact did that much. There's potential.

Attached: just make it good.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

Did you watch the original version or the extended blu-ray release? It actually adds a decent amount of exposition and character development that the original lacked

The Comprete edition. Quinton Flynn's Reno was the best part. But yeah the film was still a total wank. I wonder how much worse the original cut was.

zuru zuru zuru zuru

>I wonder how much worse the original cut was
Remove Denzel's entire arc, most of Cloud, Tifa, and the Turks' character development, and a lot of exposition on what Kadaj and his buttbuddies were actually trying to accomplish, and you basically have the original cut. The original was really just obtuse dialogue scenes that did nothing for the story and Cloud's geostigma attacks breaking up the fight scenes.

>Tifa is going to be Asian
It was a toss up before but I really doubt that now. Aeris is clearly white in the reveal, so they're probably dropping AC's designs and going back to Yuffie being the only explicit asian among them

>Remove Denzel's entire arc
damn sounds like an improvement
who the fuck at square enix thought FF7 fanboys would want a film filled with some random fucking kid character? why wasn't the story about barret and cid and yuffie doing stuff?

Barret looks like a big tanned jap LARPing as Predator what the fuck man

Attached: 1545312143244.jpg (366x356, 36K)

Denzel needed to be there to justify Cloud being so depressed, but in the original cut that dynamic was never really explained and Denzel had no arc so he was really just a complete nonentity in the movie. Meaning you just had Cloud being depressed for seemingly no reason and the annoying kid hanging around for no reason. The Complete version is definitely an improvement over the original in that regard. But yeah, it probably would have been better if he just didn't exist at all and the story went in a completely different direction.

AC was shit
AC tifa was shit
but i can forgive tifa being asian, as long as she has those big milkers

Imagine how much better the Final Fantasy VII movie would have been if it was conceived after The Avengers came out. fuck

The movie made no fucking sense if you had no idea what FF7 was and barely made sense if you did. Like Kadaj rounded up all the children in Midgar, I guess chartered a plane or carried them 2 by 2 to the Forgotten Capital in the north, yelled at them for a few hours, and then brought them back to Midgar. And allegedly this was to get them to find Jenova's head? Because the space cancer put Jenova cells into the children which drives then towards other things with Jenova cells. But like you guys also have Jenova cells, you're literally Sephiroth in 3 bodies. Find her yourself you lazy asshole. And their manufactured Reunion didn't even work.

google.com/search?q=shilly shally

"Blah blah blah blah" would have been a better translation than "Dilly dally shilly shally" and you know it

I remember as a young teen I had a girl over and put on this movie. I still cringe about it.

yeah lol I wonder how confusing the intro would have been for people who hadn't played the game.
who are these dogs? what are they doing? why is midgar abandoned?
no reason! just a callback to the game's ending! lol!

There was supposed to be some confusion over how Jenova worked on all sides. Not saying that makes the story (especially the back and forth continental travel) any better. The only entity that was sure of anything was Sephiroth with Kadaj and gang being somewhere between confused or scared over the idea of becoming Sephiroth. For good reason too since win or lose, it means they die.

I managed to dodge that bullet. Had a girl over and absentmindedly said "Advent Children is the bess!" Then when she said she never heard of it and wanted to see it I thought about it then "lost" the disc.

In hindsight I was a pretty shitty weeaboo back then

Look at poor Yuffie, everybody even the giganigga looks super chingchong already so they doubled down hard on her.

I remember somebody saying that Advent Children was like if somebody played and watched all of the things that featured the FF7 characters except for FF7 itself

I would forgive that of they didn't commit the greatest sin they had her pants zipper zipped higher what a fucking travesty.

So, Kingdom Hearts? What else was there that featured brooding sad Cloud before AC?

they've basically went from a party of whites and one asian to a party of japs and one natty korean

I don't even know why Sephiroth has total dominance over the planet at the end of the movie anyway. Something something geostigma infected the lifestream. But if Sephiroth has control over the Lifestream then what's stopping him from just going back to plan A and just absorbing all of it? Aeris is dead, there's no one to use White Materia, and the Planet doesn't seem interested in using Holy to just kill him. That's why I say this movie makes no sense because even if you know the rules of FF7's universe it just makes the villains look really stupid. And God forbid you're just a dude that wanted to watch a movie and never played the game.

Attached: banana.gif (242x134, 478K)

I actually really like Advent Children. The fight scenes are super cool, and despite some of them making no sense, very enjoyable to watch. If you ignore the characters and plot, and just enjoy the flashing colors it's a fun movie. Especially that Tifa fight.

If the remake completely ignores everything from the Compilation that isn't best boy Zack I'll buy it day 1.

Seems to be the direction they're heading. I swear though if there's some after credits shit with Gackt I'm swearing off Square for a while.

Kingsglaive is better at for me, it helps that I don't give a single fuck about XV's characters or world. Square Enix's CGI has come a long way too, Advent Children is starting to show its age.

I hope she gets blacked by Barett in the remake and Cloud is forced to watch it tied up in his wheelchair.

>mfw instead of getting the kino open ending from the original they just play the entirety of AC

Attached: 1554269478811.png (1152x628, 72K)

Not as much as I expected though. The movie is really grey but when I watch it is very rare that I notice the flaws. Maybe just a few things where the detail is lacking.

But yes Kingsglaive does it better

haha I hope Cloud and Vincent double dick her and their balls accidentally touch haha oh man wouldn't that be awkward

He's cocky and wants to 1v1 Cloud maybe? It's fucking Anime man, the shit don't ever make sense.

>wanting to replace Sakurai
Literally the worst opinion I've seen all week.

Wait, those red marks are scars? I thought they were stray strands of hair.

Cloud has never exactly been one of Sakurai's better performances.

Why was VIncent the only character with a saturation slider over 35? Half of the fan artists I've seen don't even realize that Tifa has red eyes thanks to how fucking washed out this movie was.

Post Cloud x Tifa please

>dem nipple pokeys on Tifa
You aight AC

That's because he's never had the chance to express Cloud beyond how he's been depicted since Advent Children.

Attached: 1542366636132.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

I've never played Crisis Core in Japanese, but Cloud's actually allowed to have a personality there and Burton's performance was 100 times better for it.

Are you the same guy who used to be obsessed about her red eyes a while back? I remember some guy going apeshit if someone posted art of her with brown eyes.

I've never gone that far, but I do take it as a sign that the artist never actually played the game.

I actually maintain that Burton is the perfect voice for Cloud that's been a victim of having the worst voice director for the job ever since KH1 (pretty sure every FF/crossover involving him has had the same dude in the director's booth.)

Burton was replaced? Cloud's voice did sound a bit off in the trailer, but I thought it was just me. Is there any official confirmation?

Sure felt that way in dissidia, his performance in that game was just fucking sad. Then again so was the actual character.

Beau Billingslea (Barret) outright confirmed he wasn't in the trailer, probably because he was getting bugged over that shitty Kotaku article, so that's at least one AC cast member out. Nobody else has said anything concrete on it, but the voices in the trailer definitely sound different. Especially Sephiroth.

Weird thing is, the 2015 trailer DOES have Billingslea in it. Compare his voice here to the new trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc
Also holy shit has it really been 4 years since this trailer?

I have, and both of them were about equal in it.

Attached: 1557707092224.webm (672x378, 1.37M)

It's overrated by it's fans on tumblr and Japan while underrated by it's detractors here and in the west.

It's basically a weeb action film that happens to be extremely competent in the cinematography and visuals department, but less so in the writing department (it feels like it should have been a six episode series or something rather than a movie, with Cloud struggling to hide his condition rather than simply disappear from his family.) The whole film turns out to be an excuse to have an admittedly cool, but narratively shallow fight scene between Cloud and Sephiroth, who has, much like in Disc 1 of the game, hijacked Jenova's leftover biomass to take his original humanoid form + a shapeshifted reproduction of his weeb sword to mess with and hopefully kill Cloud.

It was probably the best canon fanservice film it possibly could have been, but that's a pretty low bar to begin with. Also, a lot of Tifafags bitch about Tifa's bust, but she's as big and bouncy as ever and what they're really bitching about is her shitty outfit

Attached: Nomura does jiggle physics.webm (1280x720, 1.96M)

Well that bodes well for the remake's JP voice acting at least, assuming they don't butcher Cloud's personality there.

I really hope that the voices in the new trailer are just place holders and Burton and Newbern are in the actual game the new voices just sound like complete shit

>Also holy shit has it really been 4 years since this trailer?
Yes. They literally restarted development of in-game assets almost from scratch since that trailer released.

Probably for the best, look at that slideshow in the 2015 trailer.

Sakurai has 14+ years more experience on top of that, so it all depends on Nomura + Scenario Writers and the voice direction.

Is there any guess to why Steve Burton and everyone got replaced? Union fees?

Attached: 1543856131610.png (1536x1200, 443K)

>Is there any guess to why Steve Burton and everyone got replaced? Union fees?
It, along with Kojima's status as an absolute starfucker was the core reason for replacing David Hayter.

Can anyone place Cloud's new voice? I really hope it's not some big-name film/TV actor.

Any guesses right now as to what's up with the English voice acting are just conjecture, nobody official's said anything on the matter.
Besides Smash Burton's been in pretty much every western appearance of Cloud since KH1 and even in pretty recent stuff like Mobius and Dissidia NT, so cheaping out on the big remake is kind of an eyebrow raiser.

Tifa's going to be black and have bigger tits than ever

ohhh massa

Considering Hayter's reprised Snake since MGSV a few times, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Kojimbo's celeb worship is 99% the reason he got replaced. Not that I hate Kiefer's performance tho, he did fine with what little he had to work with.

>It's been 4 years

>It will probably be released in 2020

Fuck wrong webm

Attached: 1549306078907.webm (1000x414, 2.55M)

It’s really weird, because despite them “scrapping everything in the 2015 trailer” everybody was still listed as being on board as late as 2017, which yes, 4 years opposed to 2 years doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme, but you’d think it wouldn’t appear so transparent.
Especially since everything is still fucking episodic. So they trash everything including the voice actors that they’ve had for years and THAT’S the one thing still in the plans? Despite the flack they got for it 4 years back?
Even for SE’s level of shit antics, it doesn’t really make sense.

For all of his own antics, has Nomura really been in many situations like Kojima’s (the fact that they’re friends aside) celeb boner when pertaining to the western dub?
The only instance I can think of was with KH: Birth by Sleep, he was wanted the main master and main villian to be played by Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy respectively for a “Star Wars vs Star Trek” thing. (Though sadly Nimoy passed before KH3 released which really fucked with that setup even more)
But the “Star genres” and their “worldwide cultural significance” aside, Nomura’s notoriously known as one of the bigger “xenophobe” devs out there, him being the one to opt out the old English voice actors over new ones (yet keeping Japanese Cloud) doesn’t really make sense as why would he would even give a fuck.

If it’s that mix race shit where she’s literally Tifa but with dark skin and fat as fuck ass, as if her skirt belt can barely contain it I wouldn’t even be remotely mad.
In fact, it could probably be pretty funny.

I don't even think Nomura's even aware of most things regarding the western side of FFVII's fandom beyond the fact that it exists, but he is a fan of western films. It's entirely possible that the western casting director suggested a big name western actor he's familiar with and that he might have gave that casting the green light, having seen their work, but I doubt it would be something he would specifically want.

My crackpot theory about the whole dub situation is that it's placeholders because the trailer was a last-minute thing to get hype up for E3
I'm basing my theory entirely on the trailer sounding like they just dubbed over the trailer itself instead of coming from an English build of the game

Attached: IMG_20190517_090448.jpg (217x356, 28K)

Alternatively, Sony knew Square Enix was working on a trailer for E3 and begged them to use it early to save their disaster of a Direct knockoff.

To be fair, Nintendo Directs started out shitty too.

I think the fact that the new voices seem to be doing their best to sound like the old actors lends credence to this idea. They aren't doing new takes on the characters (which I think a remake of the original game would be the perfect time for if you were going to recast them), they sound like they're deliberately trying to match the old cast. As if they didn't have time to get Burton, Beau, and Newbern in the studio so they just grabbed whoever was available that could do a decent impression.

are they gonna include the scene where cloud is getting cucked?

Attached: 1509371735286.jpg (893x494, 72K)

So this how jap facial features would work on a black man. How would they work on a non-happa white man?

>Dub Roy is pretty much perfect tho.
I actually think he's significantly BETTER than the Japanese Roy.

tif make stif
mom help
y pp hard?!

Man, this .gif is old.

I swear she didn't bounce in the original version. I remember finding it weird as a teen.

He also has a 15 second cameo in Dirge of Cerberus, where he also sounds great and like his old self.

Dissidia's Cloud/Sephiroth arc was a travesty.
Seemingly inspired more by Cloud's storyline in KH2 than by anything in the original game.

I can testify that it’s exactly like that, maybe I did pick up some things but overall nothing made sense