How do I learn to draw (like this)

How do I learn to draw (like this)

Attached: DtO1DW_U0AAEbGj.jpg (1200x845, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UydvG6Kf8bg
drawabox.com/lesson/0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't "learn to draw like this".
You only "learn to draw". Then you draw like you prefer.

ok how do i learn to draw

go to /ic/

they don't help

Start drawin nigga
Also get a Michael Hampton book

Don’t bother.

LOL

i've been reading the hampton pdf and drawing along with it, it's been very helpful
if i continue and finish it will i have learned how to draw?

There's several beginner threads and one anime style one up on their catalog right now, failing that why would you imagine the video games board would be more help?

the beginner threads are just full of beginners recieving garbage critiques from other beginners, there's no experts there to lead us towards success
the expert threads are just circlejerks full of experts where if you post your bad art asking for critique they'll direct you to the beginner thread

No. As soon as you learn one new technique, you will understand there's ten more you're missing. And this will go on with every step, until you're one of those insufferable cunts who draws like Rembrandt and then complains that "it's ugly".

Just find a Youtube teacher you like. I like Istebrak
youtube.com/watch?v=UydvG6Kf8bg

L O O M I S
O
O
M
I
S

that's an actual pro dude they dedicate their lives to the craft
you can start off with Hampton, Loomis or Bridgman but your skills still won't be shit if you don't brush up on ALL fundamentals frequently, practice frequently and experiment frequently
avoid /ic/ like the plague it's just gonna take up shitposting time you could have spent on more drawing
hope you got gud user

>until you're one of those insufferable cunts who draws like Rembrandt and then complains that "it's ugly".
That's literally every artist though. Being an artist means you will forever hate your own art. Unless you're one of those devaintart autists that draw like Chris-Chan their whole life and don't see a problem with that.

Grab a pencil
Grab a paper
Eat the paper
Fuck yourself with the pencil

How do you think Sherlock

yeah, once i've finished hampton I probably still wouldn't be able to draw a background with a fancy perspective
i've came across a couple of Sycra's videos, i'll watch some more and see if they're helpful, and i'll also check out Istebrak

i've read through the first few pages of fun with a pencil and figure drawing and they were hard to understand and didn't really seem helpful to me

thank you... is there like a definitive list of fundamentals?

that is the worst advice you could give someone

Look up exactly what you can't do.
Start from somewhere. Can't draw hands?
Look up a tutorial "how to draw hands".
The tutorial requires knowing foreshortening and you don't know foreshortening?
Look up a tutorial "how to draw foreshortening".
The tutorial requires the ability to draw smooth lines?
Look up a tutorial "how to draw linework".

You can only learn to draw a body once you learn to draw toes, knees, ears, cheekbones, necks, nails and both fucking nostrils.
Piece by piece by piece. And there is no other way.

You need to be teenage girl in the 90's who's obsessed with Sailor Moon to draw like this.

bruh like how hard can drawing be? as long as you maintain perspective you can make anything look good

i thought this was a page from a "Learn to Draw Manga" book

You mean with CLAMP, the patritian choice for weeb teenage girls in the 90s.
God I want to go back

Never go to the drawthreads and ask "how to"

They know shit and will try to bring you down to their tear stained ground. Reality is that once you start drawing and feel good about doing so you will move on your own. They will suck, and when you think they look better or even good you're still sucky, but you gotta know this fact by yourself.

Drawing and painting isn't only a talent as mediocres try to say. Anyone can draw as anyone can learn to do aritmethics, drive a car or calculate taxes. It's about technique, practice and passion.

Shit, i've seen people that learn to draw just to be somwhat competent at engineering. Even if they don't realize they're pretty good because it's a discipline, it's not only written, it's been deduced and can be emulated by anyone. When you learn these techniques and understand the world and it's 3D, like lightning, skellies, proportions, colors and such, you just start toying with them. Then you can get out your imagination in a sophisticated way that is your style.

Enjoyment comes first. Discipline and practice come second. Style and content comes third.

You will make it.

Attached: plato.jpg (183x275, 7K)

>mfw when those shitty "draw anime book" that they used to sell in book fairs
I need to learn how to draw a nice face

Real talk, that style is kinda easy because it's so messy and respects no proportions other than own's

git gud

>I need to learn how to draw a nice face
I can draw a burly looking guy frowning, smiling or eating pretty easily, an old man with lots of wrinkles and looks fine, but a cute girl looks like Hellboy.

Most of this is bullshit. Ignore this poster.

>because it's so messy and respects no proportions other than own's
I would argue that's what makes it hard. You need to pay attention to its own "rules" to emulate it well.

drawabox.com/lesson/0
start here commit to finishing at least one lesson a week. also look for artwork that you love that inspires you and print it out and stick them to your walls for motivation.

Attached: 1341932212341.jpg (1172x1280, 188K)

That's not a board on 4channel.org, if only we had a board for art discussion