youtu.be/jYuUD0o-Nz8?t=360
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is sharding

layer 2... home.

DELETE THIS

UUNNFFFF
THICK COW ASS

Layering is worse than sharding.

Can a human and tauren find love together?

honestly bring back single target dialogues
there was nothing more comfy than waiting in line to talk to quest givers

dont tell me "homecucks" actually expected this trash to be 1on1 with actual vanilla? lmao

That's from the beta.

OH NO NO NO NO

AHAAAAHAHUEHAHAHAHAHAHA

it is the same thing, just damage controlled with a different name to calm down retards that thought actiblizz would do something right for once

It's almost the same thing, but slightly better. It's sharding but without cross-realm. Still shit.

I for one love layering. I find it to be something that adds a lot of immersion in the game, due to the fact that real life also has multi-dimensional timeline differentials that allow two or more people to be standing in the same geographical spot, without taking up any more excess space. Blizz is awesome!

>all those useless druids

It's sharding.

Wow! Never thought about it like that! Looks like vanilla wasn't actually blizzlike.

>vanilla is vanilla

>adds layers

>I want a lot of servers that will be ghost towns in under a month or a small number of servers that no one can log into
Them doing it "right" in 2019 is retarded and everyone knows it.

classicucks are the ones upset about retard

Attached: E6728E00-60A4-4EDD-B98C-C0F06540EC46.jpg (720x505, 25K)

This webm is from the 2018 demo. Does this happen in the current beta?

No, it's called layering now. It works the same and is completely different from sharding. See the name, for one. They've nothing to do with each other.

From what I understand of layering, it works in a way where there's a base server, but if a certain population cap hits, you'll be moved on to another layer of it so you can play. Kind of like a stealth server transfer. If the server doesn't cap though, you'll always been on the same base server.

It does seem notably different from sharding.

getting corpse camped? no worries just go to another layer. Banding together with allies to defeat enemies is sooooo last decade.
quest npc dead? just go to another layer!
want to escalate a skirmish or save a zone getting pillaged? Don't even try to bring a couple of raids in to help they'll just get stuffed on another layer
someone kited a dangerously strong mob to your area or let an infernal loose? just hop on over to another layer!

Attached: 1558031222563.png (312x330, 173K)

Bear in mind, I believe you'll only be moved if you try to log in during the period where the servers are getting pumped full of people. You don't be moved to any different layers unless you log out.

Yes, the same as sharding.

If layering works in the where where I understand it, and it's been explained to me, that's not something that could happen. There are only multiple layers if there's an abundance of people playing, and you won't be moved to different layers unless you log.

Can you please show an example from the beta?

of?

just join a party on another layer. There's no doubt people will organize across layers to abuse it

Serious question:
What's so wrong with sharding/layering?

Of this level of sharding on the beta. People seem ready to complain, but we need concrete examples of problems that we can show to Blizzard in the hopes of improving the game before release.

Is that possible? Seriously, I am asking. There is a beta right now. If that's something you can do in the game, we should have an example, and show to Blizzard that we don't want it.

hulk what have you done

>Of this level of sharding
What are you talking about?

The only difference between sharding and layering is the latter doesn't shuffle you every time you enter a new zone. That's it. That's all.

What's going on here? Why does joining a party cause 100s of players to appear?

It has been stated that you can change layers by joining groups as well as relogging

We cannot allow Classic to make even one solitary QoL improvement from 2005.
Add one, and establish that as being okay, suddenly people are begging for more until they just put in whatever the Grand Exchange was for WoWfags.
Then, suddenly both Retail AND Classic are both silent single player MMOs because people with anxiety have the most money I guess.
They were right that people don't actually want WoW classic. I do. I'm just worried all the people who only think they do are gonna take it from me

it's going to fracture server communities and ruin emergent pvp during the leveling phase

So what happens in OP's webm is not possible? Then OP should go fuck himself. At the moment, we don't need a bunch of misinformation being spread around so we can have a million "OH NO NO NO' posts with crying Wojaks. Right now is the time to try and improve the game before August.

That sounds very bad. That should be something beta participants should be rallying against right now.

party leader is in a different instance so when he joins the group he's put into the same instance as party lead

Splits up the server community. If I can find out someone I know is on the same server as me and we go to the same location and we can't see each other, it's not a fucking MMO. In order to actually interact we need to party up and then one of us phases out of our reality and into theirs.

A lot of the charm of vanilla came from the server just being one constant connected world where you'd actually start to recognize people and a community sense would form.

Classicfags don't defend this, retailcucks do.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

almost home, guys

Attached: 1321427736790.png (645x773, 62K)

layer 3, home.

no persistent world
no persistent sub

kek

vocaroo.com/i/s0n56oP6cvUe

Attached: 1556015681319.jpg (1914x880, 193K)

>layering will only be around for phase 1
it shouldnt be in the game but whatever

They initially said it'd only be in starting zones and for a few days, so don't expect them to leave it at this. They've already expanded it once and will probably continue to do so

>ruining the entire point of the leveling phase for any pvp server

ok, this is genuinely a retarded argument for layering but I'll share it regardless. you could think of layering as an expansion to the world scale, i. e, you can suddenly come across people you haven't seen before as if they were in some far away place even if they were in the same small zone as you. it creates the imporession the game world has a vast array of locations to hide people from you and makes the world appear more deep.

>They initially said
I told you, retard. They IMPLIED.

They said sharding would be in the opening zones, but then they developed the new layering technology. Just pointing that out. They didn't just outright backpedal. They created something new to try and respond to the issue of sharding.

I am not saying layering is good, mind you, but I feel like people are really itching to scream and shout over everything.

cringe

Attached: oof.gif (480x480, 2.49M)

Source

Did you reply to the wrong post? Nobody said that.

Attached: 1557464155826.jpg (500x362, 85K)

for me, it's the persistent world
not the fractured garbage dump of layers

If you want to DPS in melee, roll a rogue. if you want to tank, roll a warrior.

if you have a healing spec, get to the fucking back of the bus and heal my pure ass because I sure as hell aren't having any of you filthy second class citizens do anything BUT heal.

No, it's just a beta! They'll just patch it! I don't wanna be alone!

>only going to be around for a few weeks before they merge them
>each layer will be the same size as a realm
so people are just overreacting lol

They didn't say it was only for X zones or Y time. They didn't say anything concrete in the interview except for "there will be sharding". You've been shitting the threads up for half a year going
>b-but it's only for the starting zones
when that was never the case, you cumguzzling retard

>They said sharding would be in the opening zones, but then they developed the new layering technology. Just pointing that out.
It's literally the same exact shit minus CRZ and it only transfers you when it absolutely has to. All the issues with it are still there, OP's webm would still happen with "layering" for instance.

Attached: 1550824614057.jpg (919x656, 327K)

>They didn't say it was only for X zones or Y time.

Attached: 1535354352453.png (1103x576, 76K)

Then please, for the love of god, we need to have someone make a webm showing that this is possible in the beta, and shove it in Blizzard's face. Posts like these are the worst fucking things right now. A bunch of people chomping at the bit to either complain, or troll, when what should be happening is people smacking the thick skulls of the people who work in Irvine, and telling them they are doing a bad job.

So no "only", and no concrete timespan. Thanks for saucing my statement, I guess.

>Posts like these
They're obviously satire/false flagging

aka "anti-pvp" technology

Attached: 1557863583164[1].png (1295x596, 818K)

The post literally says starting zones and short term, are you legitimately braindead?

Attached: 1532874706900.jpg (286x225, 21K)

It's the entire fucking sentiment of this thread though. It's all a big false flag that's not helping. OP's webm is from November, and not the current beta, which is just plain spreading misinformation. What we actually need are webms from the current release of Classic that show notable problems that they can hopefully fix.

>The post literally says starting zones
Yes. At least, not only.
>and short term
So not forever. In what world is that concrete?

If Blizzard cannot get Twitter integration to work for vanilla launch, it's a total deal breaker for me.

Attached: file.png (1149x532, 89K)

>DEU
>11/8/2018

Nope blizzard can be trusted the slippery slope is simply a fallacy pol tard we're going home

I don't think they've dished enough beta keys out yet to see but we will see when the stress tests come the extent of how bad it is

I'm sure it won't be serviceable and ruin the emergent pvp 100%
I also don't believe they'll turn it off forever and will force it with aq gates etc

>Yes. At least, not only.
It literally says "starting zones." It it meant everywhere, they wouldn't have specified starting zones. Were you dropped on your head as a child?

>So not forever. In what world is that concrete?
This one's more subjective, but I would say "not long term" typically implies less than several months and I think most people would agree on that.

Attached: 1528144471174.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>It literally says "starting zones."
Yes. Which holds as long as the starting zones are. It's not contradicted if they shard the whole world. Which is what they're doing. You forgetting Ion is a lawyer?
>This one's more subjective
No. Not forever is as vague as you can possibly get.

>THREE different Un'goro "instances"

holy shit that would fuck the economy up so bad, even if it only lasts a few weeks.
How the FUCK could anyone even with the slightest understanding of vanilla not realize how broken that is?

Twitter should not be "integrated" into anything, it is a containment zone for liberals

Attached: 1243978207068.png (320x224, 53K)

>discord post is a source

Attached: 1554177625707.gif (202x340, 269K)

depends what you want to do
raid?
warrior beats out rogue in the dps department. rogues have a few nifty mechanics that help them manage threat better and needed shit like trap disarm for the suppression room but actual dps warriors will be watching their threat
pvp?
open world, rogue wins here, stealth allows you to control when you want to engage someone which is a huge bonus because you can easily pick your targets
battlegrounds? rogue wins here when playing solo but if you are into pairing up with a shaman or paladin then warrior goes from "worthy opponent" to "unstoppable wrecking machine" real quick

>It's not contradicted if they shard the whole world.
Yes it is, because they said starting zones. It's misleading and going back on their word.

>No. Not forever is as vague as you can possibly get.
They didn't say "not forever," they said "not long term." I'm not wasting my time arguing with you if you can't even fucking read.

>blizzard employee is a source
Fixed that for you
Stop being retarded

This is the best image I've seen on Yea Forums in years, based wow boomers.

youtu.be/jYuUD0o-Nz8?t=360
>layering will only be around for the first few weeks
Based Ion dabbing on retailkeks

Hi!

Just popping in to say this game will still break records while you seeth

hope this helps~!

>blizzard employee
Frankly I don't care even if it was the lead developer itself. A post on discord isn't a source.

So is WoW.

NOOO STOP MY NARRATIVE

>Yes it is,
No, you dumbass.

laughed out loud

thanks

that dude got fired from blizzard lol

cringe.... :////

wtf better block every twitter ip then

Attached: 1551411471181.jpg (1090x1200, 861K)

seems unlikely but i hope it goes well for the people who want it

>ad hominem
>no argument
Thanks for admitting you were wrong!

Classichads win again.

The "argument" is the literal fucking meaning of the sentence, not your going "nuh-uh!", and not your bawling that a goddamn lawyer is misleading, while technically correct, in breaking you bad news.

It's been obvious for over half a fucking year, while you've been defending it, falling for their bullshit insisting that
>i-it's only the starter zones
when that was obviously never the case.

You are retarded. Please shut your stupid fucking mouth and quit complaining you're such a monumental fucking moron you do their damage control for them. You've spent the past half year defending sharding, you utter idiot.

>not your going "nuh-uh!"
If you refuse to read or acknowledge arguments, there's no point wasting my time with your stupid ass. A blizzard employee said starting zones and not long term, and now they're saying it's everywhere and the time scope for it just gets bigger. That's all there is to it. I give you arguments and you just ignore them.

>You are retarded. Please shut your stupid fucking mouth and quit complaining you're such a monumental fucking moron you do their damage control for them.
The irony here is staggering, because you're the one defending Blizzard and trying to write them out of backpedaling. Are you legitimately braindead?

>You've spent the past half year defending sharding, you utter idiot.
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, I don't want sharding or layering in any form. My point here is that Blizzard is fucking stupid and will continue to backpedal and extend their projected use of it.

Attached: 1534827871855.jpg (600x450, 24K)

it doesnt matter until we see how the stress test goes
but my money is on turning it back on when the servers shit the bed @ world bosses/aq gates even after it ruined phase 1.

>sharding

>blizzard's official server can't handle more than few hundreds
>meanwhile private servers handle 2K+ easily now a days on shitty hardware

>A blizzard employee said starting zones
And it is going to be in starting zones. Retard.

More like 8k+

>let me just speak out my ass about something I have no clue about
nigger

You don’t have to be on the inside to find it weird that backwater Chinese servers can support 3x the population of a blizzard server

Russian servers actually. It's pretty ridiculous to see like 9k online and 0 lag, then play on retail and the entire zone is lagging even though no one is around. World PvP especially shits the servers up completely, more than 60 people fighting and the the cast delay goes to like 2-3 seconds

TipsOut is our guy.

>onions face
the absolute state of classicbabs

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

This pic needs to be spammed all over the Blizzard forums

WalletsOut is no one's fucking guy, he's just a huge shill

This is exactly how they said it would work, what's the surprise?

You are put into the next layer on login. If someone on another layer invites you, you zone in there.

No, you won't see everyone logged into the server at once. But is that what you want during the launch clusterfuck? You would never be able to complete any quests ever.

Shut the fuck up reddit shill. He's literally our guy and the face of Classic WoW.

Is this satire?
Nobody can be this stupid

Is it not going to be in starting zones?

Why does reddit hate Tips so much? Is it because he's a nice guy and isn't toxic?

He's disgusting and fake. Doesn't that explain that?

>That sounds very bad
are you dumb? think about the alternative
>log in
>friend is on different layer
>try to join his party
>you can never play with him

This. I dropped a $15 dono bomb on his stream the other day and he ignored me.

cringe but also based

>So what happens in OP's webm is not possible?
Yes it is. I'm telling you what's changed, and that's not it.

what's the difference between layering and sharding?

this was sharding and it was removed idiot.

lmao, yeah now we have LAYERING which affects every zone and not just the starter zones. It's even worse.

Ion literally said their plan was to shard only in starting zones for a short time in the blizzcon Q&A
Stop damage controlling with retard logic and pretending you can't follow basic speech, it's really pathetic

>weather effects
oh shit dark shore is going to be so comfy

what is going on there?

read the thread idiot

I traveled for the first time today. The continent I went to was discovered by a user named xXSephirothXx... so I messaged him asking him to meet me at a town.

We are currently 4 camps! We will meet at an outpost!

He is streaming in twitch, username GayForCloud.

Edit: My twitter is HandsomeYoshi I'm shaking...

Edit: We are both in the same outpost but cannot see each other...

Update: We are 100% In the same outpost same spot and everything and we cannot see eachother.

Update 2: So we even found the same oustpost on a continent!! Me and him streamed his twitch name is GayForCloud and mine is HandsomeYoshi . We will be streaming starting around 9-9:45 Eastern time tonight.

Update 3: 8/10/2016 12:42AM. Thank you to all the people who tuned in to my stream you really made my week! I was so nervous when I found another player I was barely able to function but we did it! Me and GayForCloud
beat the odds and found each other already! I will try again soon to see if we can try again when the servers are more stable. Stay tuned!

I've gone from thinking it's a glitch or server issues, to defending Blizzard, a company I was VERY wrong about... and now I'm really neutral.

After seeing how much was removed from the game I lost a lot of faith in them. Now that they're talking about a cash shop I'm losing even more.

Things that were removed before release should have been addressed to avoid people subscribing the game expecting things that aren't there.

I like this game very much from what it is... even if it does crash every half hour for me. But I refuse to further support the developers through cash shop and I think we should honestly boycott it if it comes out to get the message across.

ME AND GayForCloud WILL TRY AGAIN AFTER THE NEXT PATCH. WE HAVE WAY POINTED THE OUTPOST WE NEED TO GO BACK TO.

>only
Where? You've spent half a year spewing this shit, defending sharding, and I've never once seen a source with him saying that.

so this is the power of mmo

Its absolutely the same, just called differently

Honestly if you don't see the benefits of layering you're a fucking moron. I wouldn't even care if Blizzard never turned it off. I actually enjoy playing the game not autistically fighting over a boar with 30 other people. Same level of autism as dungeon finder cucks who unironically believe "getting rid of spamming /1 LF TANK for 30 minutes literally KILLED THE GAME!!!"

Attached: 1556483733462.png (645x773, 11K)

lol I get it

NO

I fail to see the appeal of classic over retail
the gameplay is just extremely boring

Based retard

Then play retail.

One less sale for you then.

>defending sharding
This ENTIRE conversation has been me talking about how sharding is bad you absolute fucking retard
How is it physically possible for anyone to be this stupid

You're clearly not even pretending to read my posts anymore so I'll take that as your concession

??????????????

I don't see a source. Where'd he say ONLY starting zones?

Based retailbull takes game from classicuck yet again.

>autistically fighting over a boar with 30 other people
only because you play a carebear casual shit "mmo" where you can't kill those annoying faggots, can't kill half of the server, and everything is instanced

LAYER ONE: NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

It's not my fault if you can't comprehend basic English user.
Go bait someone else

Huh. Good point. That actually IS retarded

Attached: aprd3APQ_700w_0.jpg (700x913, 80K)

So he didn't.
So you spent the past half year going on about how
>i-it's only the starting zones
, defending sharding, in vain

how embarrassing

I want to fuck her in the ass

Why can't they just rerelease the old game how it was, like how a bunch of nobodies did it for free in their spare time? Why is it so fucking hard for blizzard to not be retarded?

Nobody's defending sharding you fucking idiot
Thanks for admitting you were wrong

vanilla ruined

you illiterate retards have ever since it was announced
They never said only. It isn't only. You were wrong, you fucking moron.

>Yea Forums is one person
>being completely and utterly illiterate
0/10