Decided to turn this on for the first time in 6 and a half years

Decided to turn this on for the first time in 6 and a half years.
>screen tearing
>constant sub 20fps drops
>more screen tearing
>frame stuttering
>texture and object pop in for things 25 feet in front of you
>still 6th gen textures
>yellow-ish lighting in every game
>the color pallet of woodland camouflage in almost every game
Jesus fucking Christ now I remember why I hated this gen so much God dammit.

Al least Mirrors Edge still holds up. When will they do an HD remaster of this game so I can finally throw my PS3 in the garbage?

Attached: 49A783F3-D639-41F8-8630-F0AE454B214F.jpg (810x456, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjGecLzJgiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Play it on PC.

i completly agree with all your points.
still better then the 360.
And not far behind the wii.

And i dont give a fuck about sales numbers at all in making this statement.

Everything past 6th gen,minus some exceptions, is soulless trash

if you have dark souls please visit blight town for me, I've really missed going there on ps3

It's a terrible game console but it still holds up as a bluray player, well the slim ones do I think the blowdryer fans on the original PS3 would be too distracting. Also the online surprisingly still works on it.

The fat model PS3 is great as it can play ps1 and ps2 games. It has remained plugged into my tv since we bought it on release

Play Folklore, it is another reason to have PS3.

Attached: ac99be0c485b512721b6b2c587d67768.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

indeed this is the worst sony console

it got absolutely buttblasted by the 360 and the wii
not a single game worth it
only retards bought it desu

I would but when the remaster came out I threw away my PS3 copy because I knew I wouldn’t go back to that nightmare.

Depends on a game. PS3 exclusives and remasters are generally great. For multiplats buy 360.
Playing it right now actually. Wanted to drop after first chapter, but second one was fun.

I don’t know about retarded but hopeful that it would be another great like PS2, obviously in retrospect I would not have bought one.

>tfw demon's souls invasions/summons never again

Attached: 1534883270460.jpg (324x292, 24K)

I unironically have a 360 in the other room and I'm about to buy a Ps3 for Demon's Souls and MGS4
My only heavily played 360 games were Minecraft, MGS HD, Dark Souls, and SF4. The 360 had nothing

sure faggotera you always say the truth

I still have it plugged in but just as a DLNA receiver and occasionally a SF4 machine
Is it really so unreasonable I bought a console and felt burned by it?

>plays all MGS games
>most FF and Megaman games
>plays PS1 and PS2 discs and digital copies
the damn thing is so old that it farts dust but it's still worth keeping

Attached: cockburns_manuel_2717686b.jpg (620x387, 48K)

MGS4 isn’t worth it, it is the same tier as 5. Except without the good gameplay.

The thing with the ps3 vs 360 with me was that the ps3 multiplat, more exluxives and long after the 360 lost support by MS, sony was still backing the ps3.
Yes, 360 had better graphics, and a few good exclusives.
But overall ps3 made up for it with more (jap,etc..) exclusives and longer lifespan.
Also outside of the US the 360 was really not that interesting, the US market even made up about half the sale numbers while the ps3 was more spread out around the world.

>he doesn't own a JTAG

Attached: honkrat.png (1920x1006, 1.83M)

You know you literally described an artstyle that will be imitated in 10years+? The ps3 aesthetic,screencap this

The PS3 was hot garbage. Tried replaying MGS4 but I just couldn't enjoy it as much as my first playthrough. I didn't like DeS either. Idk what else to pick up for this worthless console. Anyone got some reccs?

You're literally retarded if you played multiplats on PS3. They looked and played like dogshit.

if you can't afford a 360 or pc you can play some ill ported multiplats

>jtag
Man it's been at least a decade since I last heard about those.

it was the best of its the generation, but that generation was the worst one since the crash

some people ARE that dumb
neogaf was full of them during that gen

Still have mine. Occasionally plug it and torrent some game I never played. So easy and fun. I'll never sell it.

Yeah but the PS2 emulation on it is not that good, the games are really blurry. An actual PS2 with component cables and loading isos from the hdd is better quality. The PS1 emulation is mostly fine but input delay still persists on it.

I got a ps3 last year to play the yakuza games and outside of the DS3 being an abomination the games themselves weren't that bad.

Oh god no...

It's fine if you have a CECHA01.

>still better than the 360
Watch out there is a loading screen see you in five minutes

Weird I played a lot of PS1 games and never noticed input lag. Could be that MULTIMAN reduces lag?

The original fat models (not the later ones) have PS2 hardware in them.

Yakuza 5 was really good I thought, can’t wait for Kiwami 5.

>bought a 360 and never played dead rising on it
Yes you are a liar

Ah, mine must be a later one then.

7th gen was god fucking awful. Unironically inferior to the 6th gen. A dark age of gaming. Thankfully the 8th generation was a huge improvement, and the 9th gen looks like it's gonna be even better yet, at least for PC/Xbox/Nintendo

>have a fat PS3 from release
>haven't played it in years
>turn it on and try to play Demon's Souls
>runs like garbage and overheats

Should I get a cheap newer PS3 model because I feel like my brick of a no games machine is on it's last legs.

Attached: 1541299995251.jpg (577x575, 59K)

I had fun with rdr, arkham asylum, etc..
Gameplay over graphics.
Piece of shit.

ahem,

HALO 3!!!! You missed out if you hadn’t played it.

My 360 has better frames than my PS3 and that's because Sony thought that having a more powerful gpu will make up the cost of having little to no RAM like a bunch of retards.

> RDR
> Arkham Asylum
> Good gameplay
Lol

8th gen was more competent but less interesting overall. Consoles universally have the same type of hardware as PCs now and almost everything is multiplat.

Attached: 1489113501111.gif (353x353, 951K)

I hear the slim runs cool and quiet. Dunno about the super slim though.

if you have a fat you can fully cfw it
its a slim that cant run full cfw you can install ps3hen which lets you run multi/webman and run unsigned games and homebrew

It is fucking rough going back. I put cfw on my slim and all that's really worth keeping on it are some fighting games that have yet to make it to PC.

Replace the thermal paste and hack it to increase fan speed so it won't die on you.

Attached: 1407746157605.png (377x330, 6K)

Which one is the super slim? Is it the one that has the sliding disk cover?

Nigga I dont know how to do that.

>can’t wait for Kiwami 5.
You're going to be waiting a very, very long time
Kiwami 3-5 aren't being made, at least not until maybe when we're far into the PS5's lifecycle. They don't think 3-5 are "old enough" to be remade.
4 and 5 don't need it as badly but 3 is the one that needs it the most in the series.

Yeah it’s the one with the slide top.

Either repair it (and get ready for it to inevitably die again) or buy one of the slim ones (not super slim with sliding door) that can have cfw easily put on them. My 60gb trucked along for a bit, but once it croaked I got a slim cheap that has more hours on it now with no issues. Then again I dust my shit and make sure airflow is good around most my systems.

> Consoles universally have the same type of hardware as PCs now and almost everything is multiplat
Implying this is a bad thing? Having standardized architecture makes development and porting easier. Exclusives can die in a fire. Games coming to more platforms can only be a good thing unless you're a corporate cocksucker that wants Microsoft/Nintenso/Sony/Steam to "Win le console war!!!!!" at any cost

It's a pain to open one of those PS3s but I'd say it's worth it because CECHA01 PS3s have full PS2 support and are kind of sought after. I have one of those too along with a hacked PS3 slim.

Yeah that's what I thought. I've heard to stay away from those ones but I have 2 buddies who have em and they seem to run fine so I'm not sure what the deal is.

It's fine but consoles have definitely becomes less special. I mostly use my PC so it's a good thing for me.

Attached: 1527087677814.webm (920x742, 1.36M)

Agreed, we've entered a new golden age of PC gaming. Every game worth playing except Bloodborne and Nintendo games can be played on PC. Consoles shouldn't be "special". They should just be a way for people who are too poor to buy a PC or too dumb to build one to play multiplats.

is there ANYTHING you can do to prevent an original fat from dying? the solder will defiantly crap out one day?

See

>PS3 crapped out one day
>take a look at it
>the power cable had worked itself loose and unplugged itself somehow
>that was all that was wrong with it

Attached: 1554511227198.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Most last gen games ran better on the Xbox 360 until late in the generation.

give link plz.

tfw got a original 60 GB model from jewstop for $80, took out the 500 gb hard drive from my ps4 and slapped that in there

So much memory, so little games. Honestly the 60gb is all you need for PS3.

>Yellowish lighting
Turn off limited rgb you dumb fuck.

And Microsoft thought holding the heatsink in with hotglue was a good idea to make up the cost of all those top of the line parts.
Tell me, how many times did you get your 360 repaired before you were forced by necessity to update to the slim?

nigger it’s the actual game not the settings

youtube.com/watch?v=bjGecLzJgiw

PS3 and 360 have the same amount of RAM (512 MB), the only difference is that 360 has always been able to custom allocate it between main RAM and VRAM in different portions depending on what the game asks for while up until TLOU PS3 had a hard firmware split of 256 main/256 VRAM with around 32 (or even 64!!) MB of that main RAM being reserved by the hypervisor for most of its lifespan.

You fucker made me check. There's no PS1 input delay on PS3. Only if your TV sucks.

I thought the issue was with the solder throughout the entire system would break down, as it was some garbage stuff used by sony/Microsoft

So just console gaming?

360 had a better colour pallette and performance niggy boi

Still the console with the most good exclusives that are impossible to play in any other way to this day. The system itself sucks ass at running anything decently but damn did it have some great fucking games. I find myself going back to mine a few times a year still.

it fucking hurts user.

Attached: Reiner devastated.png (703x703, 433K)

I just got killed in demon souls by an invasion just 12 mins ago

It's still online and i wish i played it sooner

Back in the day you used your PS3 for single-player exclusives, a blu-ray player and Netflix, and you used your 360 for multi-platform games and multiplayer games with your online friends. They each had their own little niche

thank you user

I think the bigger problem is that the thermal paste and cooling system was pretty shit. Power efficiency was pretty awful in 2006 so it needs some new thermal paste and for the fan to be turned up in order to actually function at a reasonably safe temperature.

What about oblivion?