Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Attached: super-mario-maker-2-nintendo-direct-how-watch-start-time.jpg (708x472, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/gr4fhew9
pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
youtube.com/watch?v=tX8ji-GT1PI
nintendo.co.jp/switch/baaqa/pc/make/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Luigi.

its not out yet

Where the fuck is the Costume Mushroom

No SMB2

No costumes.

I made a really shit level on it once

The community will make nothing good of it even with tags. It will a monstruosity of poor level design. I don't think i've played a single level on the OG Mario Maker that felt like I was playing a level that could be in a Mario game.

This. I liked Mario Maker but it was so hard to find actually good levels. Most of the levels were either frustrating or random shit some 8 year old made.

Full functionality requires a monthly subscription, and the game will lose that functionality in the future when Nintendo loses interest in supporting it.

I hated that many of the most popular levels were just musical nonsense that had you do literally nothing

No local multiplayer with multiple people playing on a single console. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what worries me. I’m tempted to get it, but I fear it’ll just be like PC modding without the safe haven of tits.

>No playable Wario
>No chargin chuck
>No super crown for memes
>game isn't out yet
>have to live long enough to get to play it
>won't live long enough to play endless mode until the sun burns out
>can't live long enough to learn how to double shell jump
>game doesn't hold my dick while I take a shit
The list goes on but at this point the game looks pretty shit.

There’s local multiplayer stage building, I’d be surprised you couldn’t play the actual game like that

Right now it looks like the character selection for multiplayer is shit

>game doesn't hold my dick while I take a shit
just put the switch across your lap and plop your dick on it, retard.

Oh fuck you're right

No Waluigi

all 3D world content locked when things like clear pipes could have been a nice addition to older styles as well

Cat Suit, squeak, bullies, extending piranha plants, car, extending ? blocks, bouncy mushrooms, claimable backgrounds (in world and nsmb) and more all trapped in 3D world style for no reason aside “too lazy to make more fucking sprites”

Attached: 0C8D1C9D-DB24-4B67-B85C-E442B2E6C3B3.jpg (337x379, 26K)

Post crazy Japanese shit you'd love to see show up in costume mushrooms if they brought them back. Stuff like Arino, Babymetal, or that Nisekoi chick

Attached: an-copy.jpg.jpg (495x578, 66K)

Either that or the mario twitch circlejerk

This, not like those things didnt pretty much exist in Mario 3

Does this thing have a release date yet?

Not a video game. It's a tool for making levels for a specific video game series.

>Cat Suit
literally already a sprite in SMM, at least in the SMB style. It would kind of break SMW and SMB if you could climb walls though.

No algorithm to detect and purge those shitty automatic levels.

june 26

Contains 100 levels made by Nintendo devs in a single player mode.
It is a game.

thats where online play comes in
if im gonna play a shit level, might as well do it with friends so its at least fun in that sense

has more levels than little big planet or dreams, well... to be fair dreams has no dev content

No costumes
No buy

Attached: 56346543654243.png (800x778, 328K)

It doesn't? wow

lack of local multiplayer

strawpoll.com/gr4fhew9
GET IN HERE

This, what was wrong with the costumes?

Attached: SMM_Costumes_List.jpg (592x867, 568K)

Same thing will happen as with the original Mario Maker. People will play it for a week or two but then forget about it.

as someone who never bothered with MM this ones a lot more appealing with the single player content and the multiplayer.

Water/Lava Level height shift can not be controlled with the On/Off block.
Partial water levels are locked to a single theme.
Clear pipes are locked to a single mode.
Still no good way to collaborate on making a level with people online.
Removed 100 Mario Challenge for no reason.
No music maker.

Attached: you know the drill.png (1260x659, 773K)

Attached: パワプロくん2.png (359x399, 98K)

I wish/hope theres another style, but even if not the game seems like a solid 9 or 9.5 out of 10 so I'll take it.

>Removed 100 Mario Challenge for no reason.
This bugs me the most, like Endless Mode looks great and I think it'll give the lives way more meaning but I really loved me my 100 Mario Challenge. Anything removed from this sequel feels so baffling to me unless it actively fucked with the game but this (and the costumes) were something neutral-positive.

WHERES THE FUCKING COSTUMES NINTENDO REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: mikyan.jpg (350x350, 12K)

>another style
Such as?

>no costumes
>no 100 mario challenge
it's shit

Arino and Hamaguchi should both make it in. They're playing the game on their web series right now.

pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
youtube.com/watch?v=tX8ji-GT1PI

2 USA, Land 2, or another converted 3D Style like 64 or Galaxy would be cool. Again the game looks great, but it would be nice to have just one more.

My guess is a lot of them requires outsiders approval so they didn't bother.

That's what Yea Forums is for. The threads here had consistently good stuff because they're made by the kind of autists who argue level design all day.

This.

Can almost guarantee there will be at least one more.
The option is called extra game styles, implying more than one.

Playable enemies would get confusing.

I hope 3D Worlds wall jump isnt shit, its nerfed to hell in the source game. Hopefull they make it more like NSMBU's wall jump.

Little Big Planet ripoff

I hope youre right. It would be amazing if it was a reward for clearing story mode but even DLC would be ok.

Attached: 1556548656270m.jpg (773x1024, 84K)

>no 100 mario challenge
source? i know they showed the same medium challenge road map as MM1's 100 mario challenge in the direct.

No overworld editor

Attached: 1542403728300.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

not yet, it's still early access
story mode is coming at full release

it's gonna be harder to make stages on the switch because the switch touchscreen sucks donkey dick compared to the wii u one for video games, and it doesnt have a stylus.

It's ok.

I don't get why some people are acting like it's the second coming of Christ, it's gonna be just like the first game. A solid 7 or 8/10 with great time wasting potential.

Luigi's SMB3 sprite is just green Mario in the original when they could have just edited Luigi's All-Star sprite. I mean, they made a completely new sprite for SMW Luigi that's sort of a mix of the All-Stars edit and the one from World GBA.

Attached: luigi-2.png (927x307, 61K)

There is no mention of the 100 Mario Challenge, all menus only mention the new Endless Mode. A lot are taking this as it being removed, I agree with them.

>it's gonna be just like the first game.
Except this has tons more of features in it.

unironically soul

That or they'd make multiplayer confusing.

>yfw online multiplayer

>REEEEEE THE WATER IS ONLY IN THE FOREST
that's the only thing you'll hear for the next three months. Enjoy it OP

Came here to post this

> Kirby characters next to Kid Icarus characters
Fuck Sakurai bias

>reading comprehension

I didn't say it was gonna be a rehash I just said it's gonna be similar. I don't get all the hype.

Paid online.

>says nothing about the 15+ Animal Crossing characters
Fucking furfag

i see, i got thrown off cause they're using essentially the same overworld as 100 mario challenge.

It's not on PS4

So many limitations

Why the fuck is the rising water gimmick restricted only to the forest?

>Spending $20 on Switch Online to save $20 on two games
>Needing Switch Online which is still a massive pile of shit that's just as bad as the Wii, DS, and Wii U but now you have to pay for it

having stuff like wind/gravity/rising water locked to certain themes is super dumb, seriously have no idea what made them make that decision

Attached: 1557365116368.gif (200x200, 149K)

WHY the FUCK is water only in the forest? stupid fucking jap nintendo cant do anything right

> what was wrong with the costumes?
Aside bneing restricted to SMB1 style only?

at least I dont buy my shoes from Goodwill you stupid dilf

WHY IS WATER IN FOREST?

Ever hear of a rain forest?

なんで水は森にいるだけ?

None of the game modes will feel fun to play unless they somehow add an ability to only play curated levels.

The water being in the forest just made me realize they didn't go with a beach-esque theme like some of the games have. I just find that interesting.

Attached: 1457563963443.png (489x608, 229K)

They haven't added many new enemies to the other themes, or at the very least they haven't confirmed them yet.

Do you know how much work it takes to animate a sprite?
They work in the smb1 style because so little work needs to be done.
smb3 and world styles are so much more detailed and have many more animations for different actions that weren't in smb1 that I don't blame them for restricting them to only the smb1 style.

eh, lack of enemies was never really a problem in mario maker, it was lack of themes/unique blocks and mechanics that was

They could use the same sprites across all 2d styles and I wouldn't give a shit

>no Chargin' Chuck or Pokey
>toads instead of based Waluigi and Wario
That's all I got, honestly.

I thought they showed water in the Ground theme and that only poison water in in the forest.

>99.99$

Well, many people would.

How retarded do you have to be to arrive at this conclusion? Honest question

I don't mean to sound spoiled, but I wonder why there aren't more themes like forest and desert. They don't seem too difficult to make. Also, I'm sure that direct didn't show off everything the game had. Notice the SMB3 gameplay at :41.

What theme is that?

>hurr why didn't they ensure parity between all of the styles
You retards do realise that there would have been less unique content if they did that? The first mario maker made sure that every style had similar content, but all that happened was people wanted more exclusive stuff to recreate levels from the original games

Is there any making in story mode or just playing through Nintendo levels? It might be fun to build a level to spec, although I don't know how that would work

The only theme that has a larger portion at all is the SM3DW one

too much soul

This guy hasn't made an appearance yet. Will actually be sad if he's gone.

Attached: skinny_mario.gif (128x256, 4K)

>ywn make a full world with minigame huts and secret exits

Attached: 2BEB6EEC-10B7-4A04-923F-6C415553188D.jpg (1921x1280, 176K)

are costumes actually gone? has it been confirmed?

If he is in there, expect Luigi, Toad, and Toadette forms too.

>there might be disgusting variants for all of the characters to have the abilities of luigi, toad and toadette

Attached: B07BDD23-B4CF-4AE3-B530-FB07D8B74350.jpg (342x342, 25K)

No tag for troll levels.

>Notice the SMB3 gameplay at :41.
Nighttime Forest based on the poison. It looks so different due to how they used the tank-esque stuff as scenery.

Literally the only flaw is not letting people upload without the paid online, I wanna play everyone’s levels. Shit’s retarded.

Everything else looks perfect.

God, I wish that was me.

The whole tag and comment systems will probably get ditched anyhow, when it becomes impossible to moderate.

I still think the game is just a gloryfied port so I expect everything from the base game to be in

Nigga, it's $20 a year for Switch online.

Will she be in story mode?

Attached: Mario_O_(mashiko).gif (320x320, 13K)

Nigga it's like $5 a year for Switch online if you do a family plan.

Nigga I already paid them for the privilege of using my own internet for a fucking P2P connection because my love for Splatoon > a $20 jewing.

My complaint is that not everyone will and I won’t be able to play those levels.

>PS3 and 360 start pushing bullshit cosmetic dlc
>Nintendo follows them with the Wii U
>Sony caves and starts charging for PS4 online
>Nintendo follows them with the Switch
Next generation it'll be unfinished games with massive day 1 patches. Why won't someone hold their ground and give me free shit?

will old levels created on SMM1 work? If not, that's a big flaw.

but I have no family

Can you post actual comments or just premade stickers? I miss Miiverse

Just do what everyone else did and co-ordinate with friends or random online shitters.

fpwp

This. I wont pay for online

Will this require Nintendo's stupid online thing

There's no game, I have to make my own.

No Wario

Attached: D6gGUR5W4AABx80.png (680x534, 213K)

Only for the next 5 years. Then they will discontinue it to sell the replacement system.

>Find a flaw.

>paid online which will dramatically reduce interest
>youtubers will probably be flagged for playing levels, which was 99% of Mario Maker 1's advertising
>Nintendo will most likely remove things to make way for the new, make it so you can't make the levels too complex or otherwise casualize the game somehow

And most importantly it will probably have the worst community in the history of videogames... again.

Attached: MarioMaker.jpg (880x1319, 911K)

This game has so much soul, it seems like the devs actually care and want to make it good. Meanwhile Fire Emblem 27 is over there looking like someone got the intern to make a game out of a premade anime assets pack from 2003.

Who the fuck wants to play as Toad and Toadette? When will Nintendo just accept Wario and Waluigi into the main series?

question, can you play with friends online? like i only saw in the direct the guy going to versus and just jumped straight to a match

Attached: from the shadows.png (969x763, 409K)

>mario game
Here you go.

Fuck you

Waluigi is just the designated spin-off character, like Daisy. Wario has his own game series now. They're never coming back to the mainline series ever.

>Paid online adding a barrier of some sorts to keep the absolute most dogshit levels to a minimum
>Nintendo changed their policy on YouTube last year & no longer demonetize gameplay
>Literally just wants the game to fail anyways so what's the point of continuing to entertain this post
>Worst community if you've been on the internet in the past 10 minutes

>youtubers will probably be flagged for playing levels,
What?
>so you can't make the levels too complex or otherwise casualize the game somehow
What? How do you come up with these points?

I want to like FE because GIRL WITH AN AXE but holy shit it looks so ugly both in the designs and actual execution

>no local switch co-op
>even if you have 3 other people with switches + mario maker someone still has to be connected online because....????

That's the only glaring issue I have with it, luckily it doesn't affect me personally.

My man if you think what differentiates good level design from bad is “does the guy have $20” you’re a fool. It won’t be curated content, just less.

>"do nothing to awesome" levels
>music levels
>gimmick and glitch levels
>eCeleb youtube garbage that has no right being near the top
>fuck-off hard Kaizo levels
>speedrun levels that punish you for being literal fractions of a second off
>levels that are clearly bullshit and the whole goal is just finding the invisible dev block

No amount of tags will fix this shit. The game needs community curation.

Attached: 1535850863445.png (693x1101, 24K)

But they said it does have that feature. You all connect to each other, and share the internet connection of one of you.

it's not in my console yet!

Are we gonna get new music?

Yes.

>Arino
>Babymetal
>SHAUN THE FUCKING SHEEP
Holy fuck, Mario Maker was quite the ride. I do hope they come back, even as a later update.

mario stylus is preorder gift
you can also buy a stylus from china for less than a dollar

ps4 version when?

Are you being sarcastic?

I had a thought about the bizarre costumes and wondered if Smash did something similar, like you get a Honda or Anpanman as a character for a anniversary or a shill

What am I looking at?

>The game needs community curation.
I’m not sure if you guys noticed, but there’s a “boo”/dislike button for online levels now. That won’t get rid of music/auto/eCeleb trash but it should filter out the troll levels at the very least.

No Peach.

Slopes have little horizontal pieces at the beginning and end of them.

babys game

NO LOCAL COOP PLAYING ON 1 SWITCH
FUCK OFF

t. poor

Propably still wastes about 10 seconds on each death, making Kaizo stages a pain in the ass

- You can't play Mario Maker 1 stages
- No SMB2 tile set

Attached: Luipeach.jpg (150x135, 11K)

Not nearly diverse enough. It's so embarrassing to see how out of touch with modern video game development Nintendo is.

Looks like a really terrible level, that has been given an implausibly high number of stars from what I can only assume were people that followed the creator on some social platform.

Why is that an issue? They can blend into ground blocks.

It should be back.

it's 6 seconds actually and is probably my biggest problem with mario platformers. it takes even longer in normal mario games

When can we preorder SMM2+12 months? All I see on Best Buy and Amazon is the base game.

I don't know if there's a physical option for this deal, probably not.

it's 100% available in europe, but some people in another thread said it's not in burgerland

It was in the Direct, says physical too.
Europe gets a fucking steelbook, stylus, and 12 months. We only get 12 months supposedly, but still $10 saving so I want it.

>first the stylus+steelbook
>now this
Why does Nintendo hate America? It's not like Mario Maker is more popular in Europe or anything.

Attached: 1543346480528.jpg (355x258, 12K)

Considering you need the monthly service anyhow, you mas as well settle for a download. It won't be worth playing when the service goes away in the distant future, so saved physical media won't matter.

yeah, i already preordered my steelcase :)
i checked on the official site. it says that physical limited edition is awailable in selected stores, but when you click it, it's not listed on them. maybe it will show in a few days. you can also try emailing amazon or something

Any of the Nintendo ones could come back without any special approval, so that’s 128 right off the bat. Pokémon should be easy to get back too, bringing it up to 137. Capcom, Sega, and Bandai Namco would likely be willing to play ball once again for just a couple of costumes, so that’s around 141/150 costumes that would be super easy to bring back. I heavily doubt rights is an issue.

>it will probably have the worst community in the history of videogames... again.
Does Smash not exist to you?

Attached: 1556047243565.png (256x224, 51K)

This is legitimately a mentally ill post.

>Shows up at random/post-game
>Levels give the highest coin rewards to go towards the golden castle/statue
>They're all "Super Expert" levels using only MM1 assets

Attached: fine.gif (390x520, 1.61M)

What if you don't want to blend it into the ground? Maybe I'd like to make a slope that just drops off instead of having that little bit of ground at the end.

Ignore the first reply. I don't know how that happened

They need an age filter feature. The game asks you your birth date, and lumps you in with levels that are made by people your age.

the cream rises, you just have to get hooked into the community to find the best makers. Just pop in twitch chats and look for discord servers and here and the like

No Mario 64 editors

no wario

Attached: 1552946435044.jpg (576x1024, 64K)

The story mode construction site hub world should have been playable in 3D

no Kaizo or an "Impossible" tag

Attached: image2.jpg (589x324, 42K)

The only characters on there that would MAYBE have problems would be the Mercedes, Chitoge, Babymetal, Hello Kitty, My Melody, and Shaun the Sheep, and I say maybe because the Mercedes stayed in the MK8 port
I assume they just didn't bring it back because it'd make online multiplayer confusing

Attached: 1550027752563.png (412x435, 164K)

What does the "S" stand for?

Attached: CI16_WiiU_News_ShaunTheSheep_enGB_image950w.jpg (950x713, 84K)

Shigger

licensing issues probably
also to prevent confusion during multiplayer

because those are 'super export' levels. you don't need to be more specific. tags are just to differentiate the kaizos from each other

Strauss

Attached: shig.jpg (600x600, 35K)

What are the odds we get a 3D Mario Maker with 64/Galaxy/Odyssey editors?

Probably not until the next console.

Literally the Only new enemies for Non-3D World Styles

Attached: sun goom.jpg (599x337, 49K)

oh and him, i forgot.

Attached: bill.jpg (225x225, 17K)

And the Sun, and Boom Boom, and Pom Pom, and the Flame Bros.

You know what? It feels like they're going to bring this up at E3. There's totally some huge holes in their presentation. Like the other game style and COSTUMES... Costumes were such a huge part of the last game, they'd be stupid not to bring them back.

Attached: 4082fdbb61e0dee43b0423d62df36720.gif (750x475, 348K)

More of the same old. Typical Nintendo.

Can't name any flaws but I am looking forward to watching this guys streams of it

Attached: 321cdd2c-11f4-41d0-bdf7-cae94c1e3d5f-profile_image-300x300.png (300x300, 5K)

Stupid youtubers will shit up the popular downloads with garbage that they had their fan base liked.

Boom Boom too but yeah not much.

You can’t play online with friends, there is no lobby system!

it still hurts

Attached: WHERE.jpg (800x480, 48K)

Who in the hell thought that NSMB sun was a good idea

Post vore lvls

What's wrong with it?

He's not angry, he's just disappointed.

It's not on X1, with the best servers and vast player count to share maps.

I can't wait for the creepy pasta insipred levels.

Attached: 1454311006114.jpg (1200x1200, 489K)

For me the worst was to see that Nintendo basically put the whole $60 game behind a paywall. I wouldn't mind if they put the multiplayer behind the paywall, but uploading and downloading 50KB files depending on the "online service" was a shitty decidion that would make any company mocking on the internet, but Nintendo has immunity to act like this.

I haven't played the original in forever, can I still try for all the costumes in the 100 Mario Challenge?

Too much content. I'm mad I don't have to pay $5 to unlock the mario car. This is a complete travesty, a mockery of modern games.

t. crying piratekek from /hbg/

Attached: seething poorfag.png (689x154, 47K)

that nsmb sun is weird as hell.

Superman

On a positive note, the lack of costumes mean I need not bother with super expert at all, trying to get the costumes from it in the the wii u game is probably one of the most infuriating things I've ever attempted. Hopefully insta-death doors and pipes are gone too.

>I assume they just didn't bring it back because it'd make online multiplayer confusing
I can see it, but they could have just added a specific form for the multiplayer that wouldn't change their appearance much but keeps the property of the disguise.

i hope you can play as the other characters in single player, even if it's just a cosmetic difference.

What in the actual literal fuck is Shaun the Sheep from Wallace and Gromit doing there? He's not a video game and he's not the least bit Japanese.

I hope 100 man comes back. I actually kind of enjoyed super expert.

I’m pretty sure I saw Dry Bones fish. I think it was during the part that showcased parachutes.

yes, i hate smb3 green mario

>Will she be in story mode?

We get Nina instead

nintendo.co.jp/switch/baaqa/pc/make/

At the 8:00 mark of the direct, small Mario activates a checkpoint without getting the mushroom effect. That’s new

>freckles
based