I like Street Fighter IV!!!

I like Street Fighter IV!!!

Attached: street-fighter-iv-3[1].jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KWXlCVKDroA
youtube.com/watch?v=QT_PfR3Llq0
youtube.com/watch?v=i-VjYls6SJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool.

I liked super
I didn't like ae or 2012

Attached: Sf4charselectmakoto.png (1024x1024, 599K)

>one frame links
>proximity normals
>ultras
>hard knockdowns
>focus attacks

Attached: 1548623896547.jpg (249x243, 12K)

IV had the worst artstyle of all the games though.

Attached: 7E3C5CED-CCD1-4950-8589-8E87DA0AE3AD.gif (438x334, 2.87M)

Yeah, "shimmy", now that is a real game mechanic.

Attached: sfv.webm (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Most games have hard knockdowns and proxy normals, what?

Attached: street fighter v.webm (600x336, 2.83M)

one frame links is the only dumb thing you listed

>Proximity normals
>Bad
GG has then same with KOF and they're fine. UNIST has them too I believe. Most fighters do besides baby mode shit. Most of the time they're 100x better framedata/startup wise then the normal that would normally come out so what is the issue? Do you actually want Ryus regular st mk after a cr jab instead of a st mk that is a plus pressure normal?

>Hard knockdowns
Not an issue in general a lot of fighters have them the issue with SF4 was all the easy ways to get them and how it really hurt your character if another character had better options off them.

>Focus attacks
A good mechanic premise wise but since some characters have flat out awful ones well Fei Longs might as well be one of the better poke options in the game then yeah they're fucked. Im not a fan when general universal mechanics aren't the same cast wise atleast when it comes to basic function.

>Im not a fan when general universal mechanics aren't the same cast wise atleast when it comes to basic function.

In some cases it makes sense, imagine balrog, zangief, or e. Ryu with elena's focus attack

>one frame links
As if you played at a level of ability where (not) being able to do these mattered.

And you forgot option selects.

Elena is a good example of a focus that is too fucking good. If she had a mid tier one and not a fast fling at you backdash 100 miles to always be safe one she'd still be top 10. ERyu also has a good focus even if its not amazing because he reels back enough and goes forward enough same with Cody and Akuma.

It doesn't make sense because its the only general mechanic in the game and sucks for some characters and some you rarely see it used outside of some focus combos so its not really being implemented as a mechanic just as a combo route off stun/red focus.

I mean its too late to change shit games done been done and people have moved out. But I just dislike mechanics that aren't universally equal and then you add character nuances on top of them. Like UNIST/GG have tons of good universal mechanics. KOF is a good example of a game where its mechanically light but still balanced.

The best part is when someone is whining about one frame links and you find out they were whining well dropping easy ass shit. Most characters have 1-2 1f links they use max. Most don't need a 1f link to be competent with. Bison for example was mostly 2-3f links for me. Besides cr mp st mp I don't think I bothered with 1fs with him and I didn't opt for that shit so much because if I dropped it the st mp caused me to negative edge into MP PC too often when I wanted HK SK.

SFV has been good to tokido and tokido has been good to SFV

Man, SF4 looks uglier than I remembered

the fact that 1f links exist at all is silly

you are why SFV happened

That's a pre-release pic, the retail game looks way better than that.

It was ugly even back in 2009 imo.

funny how people always talk shit about SF5 graphics while it looks much better than 4 and everyone seemed okay with that game visuals
sprites still look 10 times better than this 3d garbage

Not really. The fact they were so standard to certain confirms in SF4 was. But 1f combos have existed in tons of games. It might be a juggle you're linking off of that is a 1f window. You might never notice it and hit it once in a blue moon. Those are fine because its usually stuff unintended or not thought of because its so tight even devs don't realize it will happen.

This though. SFV is also pure cancer when they keep removing high execution shit like Uriens headbutt loops no matter how many times people find new ways to do them.

There's literally nothing wrong with Ultras and they should come back in 6.

Attached: gpussy.jpg (276x279, 54K)

Comparing the two side by side, there's something about 4 that seems more fluid, just characters shimmying and throwing out pokes, it's like V has a straight jacket on.

Is Tekken 7 better than SFV on PC foe beginners who have only played DBZ Budokai? Asking for a friend

A few characters looked better, most didn't, one exception would be Zangief.

>for beginners
Not from my experience, friends usually do ok after a little bit of practice, they can enjoy themselves at the lower levels in V, in Tekken they just get crushed.

You're gonna lose a lot in both, so pick whichever one you like.

That looks like an alpha or something, I remember playing SF4, it had 4 separate bars, not one long stroke

Because the neutral game in 5 is trash. Just fish with your best crush counter option.

METSU

I only played a single matchup (Guile vs Ken) in that game autistically with my friend for the whole lifetime of the game and it was amazing. I don't care about anything else in the game outside of that.

Tekken 7 is quite possibly the single worst fighting game for beginners on the market.

Try unist if you like 2D or SC6 if you like 3D. SFV is a decent choice if you don't like anime.

what happened to Kyle Hebert?
why does he sound like he's passing a kidney stone as Ryu?

who won

>tfw you remember comfy SFIV tourneys like that one in NYC every wednesday
>tfw you remember Excellent Adventures
>tfw you remember all the Arturo memes
>tfw food cans

Attached: 1469890325643.jpg (640x640, 60K)

BISCUITS HOPS ON COMMENTARY. ART NERVOUSLY LOOKS AT HIM WHILE HE HANDS HIM THE MICROPHONE."WHAT'S GOOD MONSTERS, ROLL UP, BLAZBLUE IS ASS, SKULLGIRLS IS STRAIGHT BOOTY" ARTURO SIGHS IN RELIEF AS BISCUITS HASNT SAID ANYTHING OFFENSIVE YET. "YO MONSTERS, HOOK ME UP WITH SOME DIVE KICK TORRENTS. I AINT SPENDING 20 BUCKS ON THAT GARBAGE FLASH GAME." "UGH-HA UGH-HA UGH-HA" AS ARTS HAND HOVERS OVER THE MIXER. "YO ART, WHENS BLAZGREEN?" ART NERVOUSLY LAUGHS "UGH-HA UGH-HA UGH-HA" AT BISCUITS' ATTEMPTS TO DESTROY E-SPORTS "MAN, ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE BESIDES ME THAT HAVENT GOTTEN NECK FROM SHERRY ?" BISCUITS ASKS THE STREAM. ART KNOWS HE HAS TO INTERFERE. "YO aaaAAAaaa, BISCUITS BLOWING IT UP". ART MUTES BISCUITS MIC AS HE CONTINUES TO RAMBLES ABOUT NECK AND TONSILS
ARTURO BEGINS THE STREAM, A BLACK SCREEN AND THE CRISP SIZZLING SOUND OF HIS VAPORIZER GREET THE UNSUSPECTING AUDIENCE. "WHAT'S GOOD STREAM, UGH-HA UGH-HA UGH-HA." SMOKE BEGINS CLEARING FROM THE PORTABLE HOOKAH AND NYCFURBY'S VISAGE NOW APPEARS ONSCREEN. UNBLOCKABLE 60 SECOND ADS HIT THE VIEWERS IN WAVES. "YO MAX CPM UGH-HA UGH-HA." "YO I'M GONNA GO GRAB SOMETHING FROM THE STORE, I'LL PLAY SOME VIDEOS WHILE YOU WAIT." ARCHIVED FIGHTING GAME FOOTAGE OVERTAKES THE STREAM, SHOUTOUTS TO GODLIKE GAMING FOR THE MUSIC. "LEE CHUNG SHOULD BE HERE LATER." UGH-HA UGH-HA UGH-HA

I CAN FEEL IT COMIN' OVER ME I FEEL IT ALL AROUND ME

It was a 50/50 between us but apparently competitive consensus was it should be a 60/40 matchup in favor of Guile. I was the guile player so I guess I'm the loser for not getting that 60/40 winrate :(

You forgot invincible back dashes and focus cancels making random dps safe/at advantage. That shit was so dumb. Even with all the shit V gets, it's still better than 4.

>Guile
>Ken
You guys deserve whatever shit you get/play.

ok I'm glad you approve that I deserve to have fun user

>focus cancels making random dps safe/at advantage
So many people forget this, it ruined muh oki.

>Tekken 7 is quite possibly the single worst fighting game for beginners on the market.
How come

youtube.com/watch?v=KWXlCVKDroA
how do you go from this to the shit in sv5
its the definition of soulless

>Capcom vs. SNK 2 or Street Fighter V?
>"Street Fighter V"
People deserve physical harm over shit like this.

Attached: 1546463560218.gif (300x272, 1.53M)

Huge amount of effort required to attain base level competency, no tutorial whatsoever, and not much singleplayer to wet your feet with

She looked straight up retarded in-game

I unironically liked the english announcer in IV.
I've played some V and I can't never notice if there's even an announcer at all.

Only one announcer matters
youtube.com/watch?v=QT_PfR3Llq0

Reminder that there are still people clinging to inferior sticks
youtube.com/watch?v=i-VjYls6SJg

I don't feel especially strong about it, I never got into it myself, but I have no dislike it of either, but I will say, it is hideous and I am always taken aback by how ugly it is everytime I see it.

what the fuck?

SF4 was actually pretty difficult. incorporating FADC into your combos was very challenging.