Dragon's Crown

How do i get good at Sorceress and Wizard?
Also, Wizard without Sorceress Glasses is probably way worse than a Sorceress who the glasses, so i should definitely raise a Sorceress first, right?

Attached: image_widget_egy28tvm3wq21.png (1103x1910, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCoAhwxPZkQ&app=desktop
youtu.be/WF_dcCCSWVA?t=654
youtube.com/watch?v=ssNX3AH4FPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Yrhl3x78KDs
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633261-dragons-crown/69311152
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You spend approximately 50% of your time in the air using the air attacks of your staffs. The rest is getting the timing down for when to get into the fight and when to back off and regenerate your mana. And using the right element for the appropriate levels and bosses. Also no idea what you mean with the glasses. They use the exact same glasses, as far as I know.

I bought the game two days ago. Should I really be jumping more with her? I mostly just use the up+magic and spellbooks for damage.

Friendly reminder that Dragon's Crown Artworks is getting a Western release this year.

The first good news I heard on this shitty day.
The levitation skill increases your damaging while being in the air, you are for the most part out of reach of the enemies attack and especially the lightning air strike is really strong in dealing with groups of enemies.
That said I'm not an expert with neither classes, but I played them, sorceress more than wizard and I wanted to reply before anyone else does. The up + magic attack is certainly also good, especially with an ice staff.

>tfw the D&D mode didn't make it into the western release
It still hurts man.

Attached: DCDnD.jpg (1920x1080, 510K)

Still waiting on that PC port they said they were working on 3 years ago.

In LoC the Sorceress gets Glasses that give a 50% chance to not consume any Mana on spellcast.
These glasses can also be worn on Wizard, but they can only be obtained on Sorceress.

Aren't you better off getting the cast time reducer and go full Meteor with the wizard?

>and I wanted to reply before anyone else does
*Before nobody else does
Fuck me.
>In LoC
Late game really fucks with these build, doesn't it.

Nah, those glasses are BiS for Wizard and Sorceress if you want to push for some high floors.
The gain is much bigger than being able to cast a Meteor without getting fucked.
Basically in order for Wizard to become better than Sorceress you need to raise a Sorceress first.
Both Wizard and Sorceress have Levitate which increases their midair damage, and their midair normal attacks are better than the ground ones in almost all cases. Especially with an Ice Staff you can get 6 or so Up+O off before landing which does lots of damage.

>tfw I bought DC Pro yesterday.
Cant wait

Attached: 1557493217004.png (799x448, 614K)

Attached: 1510196086485.jpg (1000x1373, 231K)

I bought it on release, need to get back into it sometime. I just powered it out for a good few weeks and hit the grind wall, never went back since. Done the platinum on both PS3 and 4 now, if they release it on PC I'll buy it again I love it that much.

Attached: dragon_s_crown_by_tuna_art-d9t16k4.jpg (1191x670, 199K)

>Late game really fucks with these build, doesn't it.
Yea especially the casters because you'll go from having to regen mana every 10 seconds to spamming 20+ spells before you go OoM.

>Done the platinum
What did you do to get the trophy for that high crit damage? It's one of the few that's missing for me.

Attached: 1463862321128.png (1181x1489, 895K)

I just used the crate/explosive trick. Jump on infernal, equip all damage gear, and take a draught. I'm sure it was on either the Fortress or Underground Lab where there's an explosive near the start, you should be able to use that to do it.

why are you posting my wife?

Attached: ab42a669555fef30be2eea5a2c3e0915.jpg (850x1050, 101K)

Intredasting, thanks.

Who said it was your wife?

Attached: dragon_s_crown_sorc.jpg (1024x576, 108K)

I did.
In my previous post.

Attached: 1557865674223.png (877x1794, 1.15M)

It was one of the last trophies I got, so I was pushing LV100+

Name a more satisfying move than Tempest Edge of the Fighter
Whirling your sword around and finishing with a thrust that hits multiple times and with such force and so goddamn hard that most enemies are sent flying.

Is the bonus damage only during the air dash? I beat the dragon for the second time, but I have no idea how far I actually am in the game. Right now I'm just using the protection and food spells while my friend throws shit with his dwarf, I use some blizzards in the meantime. it's been going pretty solid so far like this.

Attached: 1535149365274.png (1332x1768, 723K)

Fighter is underrated. He has really good air game. You can stay up there for a long time if you want.

>Is the bonus damage only during the air dash?
No it's any time you attack in the air, hence why spamming aerials becomes her and wizards most powerful way of dealing damage, except maybe for Up+Square Ice Wand attack (and spells of course).

Yea, many people say Fighter is their least favourite, but between Blocking and Bashing and getting a huge damage boost from it, having a super powerful neutral Square Combo, a super satisfying aerial down+square with multiple shockwaves and being able to Cyclone in the air for almost half a minute i don't see why people would say Fighter is boring. Maybe he's boring in multiplayer since you won't be getting attacked as often unless you use taunt.

>Dwarf's Crown
Dwarf is easily my favourite, the only class I can't really agree with is the Elf for some reason. Yet everyone seems to really love her.

Attached: 1376373302_dc.jpg (2560x1440, 821K)

Blocking and riposting some boss is extremely satisfying. Also you get two weapons that change on your character model: the main weapon and the shield.

I don't really like Elf either. Once you get all her skills you just sit in the corner and spam up+circle, maybe a few kicks every now and then to regenerate arrows. Holdout Dagger + Backstab is less satisfying than just playing a melee class.
I like Dwarf but i heard he hits a kind of wall quite early at which throw damage becomes very weak and throwing only serves as CC and you're more or less forced to play Grand Slam spam style.

That explains it, I thought it was only boosted during the levitate so I never bothered to use it and just up squared for damage.
Should I obther with the Wizard's meteor spell? He needs to read the entirety of the Iliad before he casts it and I have a tendency to whiff with it, especially against the end boss who just flies away.

Yeah throw is awesome up until you start hitting the tougher tower floors. If you're playing with people it's nice though.

I only completed the game at normal (PS3 version, not Pro) with Amazon and Dwarf.
I wonder if I should play at higher difficulties with these two or clear the game with the other characters.

As an Elf how the fuck do you do the Elemental Lore cancel shit that lets you spam it like a madman? I was told it was something with tapping L1 and Dodging but i can't get it to work.

Hope this helps.
youtube.com/watch?v=zCoAhwxPZkQ&app=desktop

Attached: 645e312d8dbe67732936d6584f1b3618.jpg (858x945, 98K)

Once you hit the ultra end game you can stack gear that reduces casting time to basically instacast Meteor but don't bother with it until then.

I ship dwarf and elf.

youtu.be/WF_dcCCSWVA?t=654
It seems like he's doing it way faster at this time stamp

bump

Either i'm shit or this doesn't work in Dragon's Crown Pro

If you want to keep talking about DC keep talking user.

Attached: DCS131.gif (500x700, 1.4M)

My penis makes me wanna roll sorceress but my autism says wizard because of more damage potential. Help!

Sorc keeps your team alive.

I haven't played in a while. Are elf players still all useless shitters?

Normally yeah, there's quite a lot of hackers up at max level too. It's been a while since I've played too, but all this talk is making me want to replay, maybe a class from scratch again.

The only bad elf players were low levels scrubs, who were often japanese waifufags that didn't even attempt to play her effectively. There are competent elf players like there competent players for any other class.

Attached: Dragons-Crown67.jpg (850x1300, 120K)

I play solo
Multiplayer is too chaotic to be fun for me, except maybe if i were to play with a single buddy in couch co-op.

Couch co-op is the fucking best.

>sit in a corner
Bitch, you should be right in their face so you hit them on the way up and the way down for double damage. She has the best dodge in the game, use it. And instant cancelling side arrow clone strikes does crazy splash damage to the entire screen. You can stay in the air almost indefinitely alternating rapid fire and power shots whole repositioning with dodge. I don't know who you are, but i hate you so fucking much for being this wrong.

most bosses are big enough that they'll get hit on the way up regardless. also autistically styling through the air is just a damage loss.

what the fuck? this is the first time I heard about this mode.

It didn't hit the west. I don't want to kick you in the balls further user, but check it out..

youtube.com/watch?v=ssNX3AH4FPQ

Attached: Dragons-Crown-Pro-2.jpg (1600x900, 478K)

yea because atlus hates filthy westerners.
or vanillaware does.

Links?

>I wanted to reply before anyone else does
What, why? Are you a teen?

[citation needed]

I don't know what I've done to you for you to wrong me like this.

Yea cause vanillaware is known for having their games released on PC

Attached: Udon.jpg (622x564, 122K)

I recently bought the game and I'm so fucking bored of it already. I'm currently a level 13 Dwarf and the last thing I did was beat some level 28 Arch Demon after getting 2 talismans. I tried making a new character, but then I have to start all over again. How do I make this slugfest more fun?

Attached: very angry pepe.jpg (474x452, 120K)

You have to go back to when it came out and get really invested in anti SJW politics. By all accounts it's a blast under those conditions

Once you beat normal you can immediately start at level 15 with the talisman quest on new characters.
Also, how the fuck did you make it to the talisman collection at level 13? Didn't do any quests?
If you don't do any quests then that also means you'll barely have skill points, which in turn means you keep playing the boring base versions of the classes without many skills.
Basically it's your fault for being a retard gamer.

Fuck off nigger. The Dwarf's skills are all just "hurr get a jump dive", "hurr get hp when you pick up coins", "hurr 5% extra damage when you fight with fists" and other boring shit like that. Also why the fuck would I do any quests if they just want me to replay old stages over again? Kill yourself tranny.

Yeah same. Why the fuck would you hack in DC?
If you say so, I played at least a hundred hours and only saw a couple decent elves.

Dunno dude, why did a buy a beatemup if you don't like beatemups?

Because Yea Forums told me it was good.

Play a better character, like the Amazon.

The character art in that D&D game is definitely not Kamitani's, but goddamn, I can't believe content cutting is still a thing.

if you like beat em ups, yeah.

>Why the fuck would you hack in DC?
No idea, defeats the purpose of the grind.

Damn, imagine being this dumb and angry.
Back to /pol/ or Yea Forums with you!

How do you not know what kind of games you like. Absolute newfag.

It is good if you have good taste.
Obviously a person who doesn't like good action games won't like it much.

>Dwarves

Attached: 1446003036282.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>being so retarded that you can't tell whether you're gonna like a game or not so you just get what others tell you is good.
no wonder
thanks for giving vanillaware money, retard.

But I like good action games. What does that have to do with Dragon's Crown?

Yea Forums said I should buy it if I wanted to BTFO the trannies

What's the funnest elf build?

Attached: 1557934291176.png (2172x1266, 3.15M)

>tfw no Beastmaster class

Attached: Art02.jpg (2000x1125, 450K)

Were beasts affected by the Dex stat like weapons you picked up?

have sex

Ultimately it still comes down to using the various bow skills. So either pick maintenance - dagger - backstab or elemental lore for which sounds more fun to you. A backstab elf requires more skill points though.

I'm tempted on the dagger aspect since DEX is the elf's strong point but elemental lore sounds useful for dealing with pesky ghosts.

If you want to use elemental lore solely for the utility, then you can still just put one single skill point into it, regardless of your actual build. It's just one skill point.

Attached: suffering.jpg (1095x406, 99K)

Exploding Fighter is some of the silliest fun I've had with the game.

What's the funnest enchantment you've found on a weapon in the tower of mirages?

What do you mean by exploding

Maybe this could help.

Attached: sorc.jpg (800x1200, 104K)

where are her nipples???

too uggo

in my mouth

Attached: apu4.png (657x527, 13K)

Shame about the face.

Stop posting this pedo shit jesus christ

>pedo
she looks about 50

This isn't the first time Atlus did this shit. They removed a mahjong minigame from the american version of Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon for no reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yrhl3x78KDs

Atlus is one of the worst publishers ever when it comes to the west. Doesn't surprise me.
If i didn't know any better i'd think that the last Archstone in Demon's Souls was removed for the western release.

well most americans dont know about mahjong
but it's not like there was any reason to remove it if playing it was optional

Non-optimal but still fun setup that someone on Gamefaqs thought up:
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/633261-dragons-crown/69311152

Sounds cool.

Every time I see one of these threads I feel like replaying it. It’s just the perfect game. It has fun gameplay, amazing art, fantastical setting It’s crafted with such passion that it’s a shame we’ll never get a sequel.

That's cool. Wish I hadn't scrolled down enough to read that second post.

I never really got into the endgame stuff, but it sounds like the effects are crazy.

I don't know what the fuck is going on at Vanillaware with Seninel 13. We haven't heard anything in ages.
What I wanna know is WHY CAN'T THEY JUST PORT MURAMASA REBIRTH TO PS4
DO THEY HATE FREE MONEY??

Attached: 1558012062340.png (581x206, 30K)

It's pretty good, the only problem I hate is that it's pretty easy to whiff because you were slightly lower or higher than intended

Do we even know what kind of gameplay it's gonna have?

Didn't they release a prologue of it as a game?

Thank the gods, can't wait for it. Will have to peruse Amazon to see when its up.

they released the prologue like 2 months ago, that's hardly an eternity.

>tfw this guy isn't playable

Attached: roland.png (626x270, 157K)

does Amazon have both volumes of the Dragon's Crown manga yet? Digital-only, if anything? they worth getting?

This is why I don't like Elf.

>tfw this sacrifice isn't playable

Attached: 373822-sepik.jpg (2560x1440, 3.35M)

I got them since i plan on drawing Sorceress alot. Does a decent job showcasing a bit more of the cast, so if you wanna see more of them in general, go for it. It mainly tackles key missions from the game.

I see. I've seen pieces of it and I love the art, as expected. Did you do digital?

Naw physical, bought during a 2 for one sale at Barnes and Noble. I like to have my ref on hand personally.

How does Wizard's Overcharge work?
How much does it increase the damage per level?
For some reason there's really not much info about the Overcharge mechanic.
Also, i heard that Overcharge Lv.2 lasts longer than Lv.3 while being weaker.

>they have actually have localized paperback versions available now
wtf? last time I checked they were sold out and ridiculous prices on top of that. Gonna jump on these. Thanks

I tend to use the crouch shots and the downward shot from the air to hit flying enemies, more than the regular horizontal air shot.

Fighter x Sorceress

Wizard x Amazon

Elf X Dwarf

Just checked on Amazon and they there, so get on that shit.

Switch port when

>Elf x Elf
fixed

>empty your quiver on an enemy
>it does nothing because he was 1,5 inch further down

>not fighter x Tiki

>Fighter x Sorceress
Got his eyes elsewhere.

Attached: 002525874.jpg (2560x1440, 1.38M)

in the official manga elf is into sorceress and fighter
dwarf wants to fuck sorceress
every girl wants to fuck wizard

>no one is into Amazon
homos, the lot of them

Why is Wizard such a fucking chad?

Its the only good thing Udon does, rereleasing japanese made books in english

>solo elf
>killer rabbit
>get it down to 5% health
>soldiers show up so I don't get the talisman
Every time. Help.

>having trouble killing something fast
>as elf
Git gud is appropriate here.

have you tried kicking it

oh shit user what are you doing?

I would much rather see a dragon crown 2 than that generic ass looking 13 Sentinels

pretty sure everyone shares that sentiment

Really wanna play Wizard but the sorceress glasses requirement turns me off. If only she was just as good.

Uncharged rapid shots are your best DPS, but when he starts moving and spazzing around air power shots are going to be safer.

>outing yourself as a newfag.

Attached: 1474930810245.png (298x268, 56K)

You use lore, dodge cancel, cancel the dodge into a quick drop, and cancel the drop into lore.
The thing that makes this hard is that you have to be pressing down for about half a second before you can press jump to do the quick drop.

>dragon's crown
>neither dragons nor crowns are playable