It's Time We Stopped Openly Spoiling Final Fantasy VII (UNMARKED SPOILERS)

This is something I've been thinking about ever since the Remake was announced. Obviously it goes without saying that a big chunk of the fans who played the original are going to scoop up the new version when it comes out, no matter how loudly some will complain about the changes made.

But it's also abundantly clear that there's going to be a significant chunk of people who never touched FFVII, let alone RPGs, that will go into this game out of curiosity.

It's been accepted for the longest time that Aerith's Death is one of the most openly spoiled moments in videogame history, kind of like other spoilers for other big franchises like Star Wars or Harry Potter. Obviously there's going to be a fair share of newbies going into FFVII and at least knowing about Aerith's fate through osmosis.

Even so...I've seen for myself plenty of online posts from people who 100% have no idea that it happens.

That's why I want to try and make a community plea that we stop openly spoiling Aerith's Death, in addition to any other FFVII spoilers involving the characters, story, and so on.

I'm aware this is a tall order, it's not like we can control media outlets, journalists, meme lords and the thousands of other people still mentioning that moment to this day. But if there's a chance to spread awareness in order to lessen awareness of this moment, then a whole new generation of people can fall in love with Final Fantasy VII again and experience the same heartbreak so many of us felt back in 1997. Based on the community reactions I've witnessed online, people are already positively receptive towards Aerith's unveiling in today's trailer, both old fans and new fans alike. We owe it to the folks going in blind, scant as they may be, to let them experience FFVII for the first time.

At the very least it's the courteous thing to do.

Attached: 10-43-57-1557482965188m.jpg (1024x575, 106K)

lol

>be me
>make thread abbout spoilers
>forgets to cover the massive spoiler about aeriths death for newfags
>still try to encourage other fags on this bboard to stop spoiling this
>forgot to realize Yea Forums has a typical newfag tourist visit daily
>mfw a newfag just read the spoiler about ff7

Attached: you.gif (500x493, 631K)

>Aeris' Death is one of the most openly spoiled moments in videogame history
You do know her death is pictured on the back of the case right? It was never some big secret to be played out as some kind of emotional 'jumpscare' like so many writers love to do these days.

You're one special kind of stupid, aren't you?

How do people already know the plot if the game hasn't even released yet?

Shes right!

AERITH LIVES

Attached: bY1p9Gd.png (1920x808, 738K)

Seething left scum

the story is shit you fucking idiot. stop pretending like it's some masterpiece, the good parts of FFVII are the setting, atmosphere and world. The plot of the game is dumb and literally no one gives a fuck about Aeries. If you used Aeries or even cared that she died you're a faggot or seriously low IQ.

You're such a faggot dude, I've never played FFVII either and I'm excited for this even though I know Cloud has false memories, Sephiroth is an alien, and Aerith dies.

this game was never fucking good.

Stop calling her Aerith. She's Aeris. Get over it Zoomers

This, and stop calling the villain Sephiroth, it's Sephiros. Fucking lisping faggots.

Piss off back to Resetera

ACKSHUALLY he is a hybrid alien-human! But i agree with OP, we should stop spoiling 'aeris dies' since everyone already knows about it, we should spoil some of the lesser known things instead... aswell

AERISS was DEAD ALL ALONG

Get over it boomer, Aeris was a mistranslation because Aeris and Aerith are spelt the same in Japanese

>Not getting revive 4 thus reviving her.
God you niggers disgust me.

Attached: FF7_EN 2018-08-30 00-00-24-78.png (1680x1050, 516K)

Yeah they're the same in Japanese so we should go with the spelling that looks better AND uses fewer characters: Aeris
get blown up zoomer

There was a live speedrun of FF7 yesterday. When you cause a sequence break glitch in the international version that makes you skip the renaming of "Aeris", the game never loads the name that was deliberately put in the international release and keeps the name that she has by default. -Which is Aerith. Not in glitchy Japanese characters, just standard alphabet.

I don't care if people call her aeris or aerith because whichever is used i know who is being talked about, which is kinda the whole point of names in the first place. When i talk about her i always flip and change between them to trigger the fanboy no matter what side of the coin he is on.

You got banned from Resetera?
GTFO fag

>all your base are belong to us
Fucking hell, i didnt want to feel old today

Snake kills Dombledorf !!!

Attached: 1393065624443.jpg (345x268, 17K)

>Yeah they're the same in Japanese so we should go with the spelling that looks better AND uses fewer characters: Aeris
Nope, we should go with the writer's original intention instead of using the butchered localized name
Get dabbed on, boomer

john Snow kills dany

I just call her Benjamin.

if you don't want spoiler you literally need to get the fuck off the internet.
Besides literal retard autists that spoil everything theres the people that do it to troll and clickbait websites.
There is no way to stop people spoiling things.