Is being a weeb mainstream now?

Is being a weeb mainstream now?

Attached: QGr8FQC.png (771x893, 1.73M)

I'm more worried about Zelda being mainstream. When I was a Zelda-obsessed kid, I prided myself in loving a series that other people didn't care so much for.

>Made in Japan
>Liking it makes you a weeb

Attached: 9a1.jpg (480x362, 17K)

Liking effeminate males in jap games absolutely makes you a weeb.

>IGN & GameFaqs
There weren't a lot of places that have worse opinions and you still managed to choose 2 of them

Yes, Americans have always loved Japanese games

Attached: 34c80516-c0aa-4a62-99bb-b7e3a3499f8f.jpg (1290x739, 758K)

T. Zoomer, they were the only gaming forums on the entire internet until 2013 when Reddit & Yea Forums became huge

To be fair, Japan basically owns the video game industry.

OP's a faggot, post your favorites

Attached: character 4x4.jpg (1200x1200, 1.18M)

yea, been that way for a while now
everyone watches seasonal anime and posts about hentai because it's the "in" thing now

Attached: 67de570f-00b9-4361-9f99-8ab78ed0d21e.png (309x322, 185K)

That doesn't make their opinion any better.
In fact, GameFAQs seem stuck on an eternal loop of 90s to early 00s. I wish I could be this delusional myself.

He was a weeb user got a problem?

Attached: OUR GUY.jpg (1594x2057, 583K)

Nobody said their opinion was good, but it is the most accurate representation for popularity

What about the gaming age forums huh?

Man, they used the gayest possible picture of cloud there. Even worse, it's right next to Samus and they could be the same character really.

Nowhere near as mainstream as those others 2

Sadly yes, why do you think everything is going down the shitter?

Plot twist?

Again, it isn't. These people's reality is insanely warped. I've never seen a GameFAQS use who doesn't overstate the importance of Square and generally they seem to struggle to accept the franchise never hitting younger generations ever since the franchise stopped being good.

Because Trannies have ruined everything that westerners created, and SJW politics infect any media work that comes out

Don't forget about all the anime avatars on social media sites, discord and YouTube. It's almost like you're an outcast to normalfags if you don't watch anime.

They literally have 868,499 Users

They're a small market while SoiJeW publishers and PC casual garbage make up the rest. Mind you, this is only the "actual gamer" market and not factoring in the mobile casual normalfags.

>most popular characters
>'Auron'
>'Vincent Valentine'
I've posted on Yea Forums for a decade and played games for over two decades; and yet, I've never even heard of these characters in my entire life. I'm assuming they're Final Fantasy characters like Squall(he's the one from 8?)?
No one would’ve even thought of Megaman in the last 25 years if it wasn't for Smash; no one outside of Yea Forums even knows that Megaman games existed past the NES.
People haven't really even talked about Chrono at all for a decade or so.
No one, outside of Japanese schoolgirls, has ever cared about Kirby.

FF7 & FFX each grossed 2 Billion dollars, you are an idiot if you think they aren't insanely popular

He's also a faggot.

Attached: 1554229970252.jpg (1080x1350, 142K)

How did fucking squall make it on here? MC of a forgettable game and largely unlikable unless you've played through the entirety of said forgettable game realizing he is oddly the best character. Is this because of Nomura's disney fanfiction?

Attached: what a fag lol.gif (312x346, 1.45M)

Nice bait

I realize it sounds like bait because Zelda is super mainstream among gamers, but honestly when I was a kid, I was the only person I knew who actually played Zelda. Not too many kids I knew even knew what Zelda was.

Zelda and Metroid are interesting when you're talking about the "mainstreamness" of something because both series are extremely mainstream among gamers, but relatively obscure outside the gaming world.

Kill yourself, you faggot zoomer

>Yea Forums became huge
And I wish it didn't

It doesn't matter how popular FF7 is. If Vincent Valentine is a popular character than how come I've never heard of him; yet, I've heard people talk about Baret, Jenova, Cait Sith and Yufe, many times? Is he a last minute party member that people don't like spoiling?

>extremely mainstream among gamers
I think that is true. Didn't the LoZ games only start to get popular in the mainstream with OoT?

>These characters are cool
Dante
Mario
Snake
Tifa

>These characters serve their purpose
Zelda
Bowser

>These characters are annoying to anyone who isn't a faggot or an overweight fangirl
Cloud
Sephiroth
Sora
Kirby

>These have no real personality
Link
Samus
Crono
Mega Man
Pikachu

>I do not know these characters
Squall
Alucard
Vincent
Auron

Attached: metal slug snail spit.jpg (847x472, 68K)

Who knows, dude even got his own spinoff game and as far as I'm aware he's always been popular.

> DMC Fag
> Massive Faggot
Typical

>not having played the bad FF games=zoomer
zoomer detected

That Tifa ugly as shit haha.

FFX & FF7 are masterpieces you fucking zoomer piece of shit

>girly looking man
>cool
lol

>Shenmue II that fucking high

I liked that game but come the fuck on with this shit. That game doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this high. These lists are such shitty "I'm so hardcore look at me but still have safe normie favorite games like Mario XD" pandering nonsense.

Deus Ex is a masterpiece. Final Fagasy games are juvenile trash. Fact!

> Literal Who game Good
> Highly popular & influential JP game bad
LOL, go back to EU to fucking cuck

hahaha.gif, if I had it
Even 9 and 6, which are good and far better than 7 and 10, are nowhere near masterpiece level.

T. WRPG-Kun

>muh 6

Every time.

That cactus guy is a god tier design. What game?

I don't know, but people who call others weebs are usually losers themselves.

You'd prefer that we go back to using wapanese instead?

Marvel vs Capcom 2. That game had a few originals that might've had scrapped games. Amingo (the cactus guy) was rumored to have his own rhythm game in the works.

Attached: Amingo-stance.gif (138x124, 24K)

He looks awesome. Thank you friend.

>kirby
>annoying
There's a two for one, rope and noose tying course, bundle at walmart you should really take advantage of.

If you think FFX is better than Deus Ex you are full on delusional and divorced from reality.
ファイナルファンタジーは、Xがファイナルファンタジーのハーフライフ2だ

Is that why so many games have a female protagonist and girly men in them now? To appeal to the huge weeb audience?

>weeaboo went from meaning someone obsessed with everything about japan to just liking at least 1 thing japanese

There's this phenomenon on the modern internet where people are increasingly desperate to apply any sort of negative label they can to other people.

Weebs are mainstream now that's why.

tifa wasn't even best girl in her own game wtf

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried

im pretty sure master chief, crash, donkey kong, and many others are more popular than all that RPG shit. Chrono Trigger is completely irrelevant.

What about doom guy?

But HL2 sucks anus. Then again, X is ok I guess.

What's so special about Cloud and Sephiroth?

FF7 is the most popular game in a 26 Billion dollar franchise

Being a ironic weeb is mainstream

what would be western characters equivalent to mario?
an AK47?

None, American characters aren't memorable. None of the best selling western franchises are story driven. All of them are yearly sports/shooter garbage aside from GTA & WOW which aren't built around their characters at all

Not a single loli in that pic. I cant believe I'm saying this, but whoever made that pic is a poser weeb.

sigh okay so

Chrono > Snake > Dante > Mega Man > Vincent > Cloud > Squall > Sonic > Samus > Kirby > Sephiroth > Auron > Tifa > Zelda > Link > Pikachu > Sora

Fuck pikachu. Eevee is honestly the superior pokemon. The only reason pikachu is even still popular is because of the anime and how much they promote him. I can't honestly name one time in game where I said "Oh shit it's pikachu" They have charizard for that and even he gets rep. why tf is pikachu so hype i don't get it.