Will this masterpiece ever be topped?

Will this masterpiece ever be topped?

Attached: 013B8AE6-071F-4B54-A8DB-64D95B9ED950.jpg (314x445, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamelengths.com/games/playtimes/Grand Theft Auto V/
gamelengths.com/games/playtimes/Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/
tiermaker.com/create/gta-games-19269
youtube.com/watch?v=7k6FmrWTMOY
youtube.com/watch?v=S2zWY5oox9I
youtube.com/watch?v=YHTKNyJYYGg
youtube.com/watch?v=EC_u4zcZPAg
youtube.com/watch?v=hJxsVi7y-kw
youtube.com/watch?v=L8XVlXzrCdk
youtube.com/watch?v=mZVuYZrtHWo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So no one want to talk about this game, for old time sake?

it looks like a ps0 game now the graphics are so bad

i never finished it, i got stuck on the aircraft training mission

Your mom got topped lmao

Never, its just not possible. R* had the chance to do it with RDR2, and it just didnt pan out. San Andreas was the greatest game of its time, and even if its flawed compared to games that come out today, no game will never have as much impact or be as timeless as this was.

Attached: 20379402728.jpg (480x360, 43K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: skygfx.jpg (1920x1080, 582K)

this game more orange than trump

And that’s a good thing

San Andreas remastered when?

SA was amazing for its time but gta v is a better game. nostalgia has no influence on game quality.

>R* had the chance to do it with RDR2

The old west is not the setting to top San Andreas

>but gta v is a better game

It's not you shitter

Attached: cff.png (625x626, 65K)

It is. SA had a really shitty map that they tried to make seem larger by making it harder to traverse and a bunch of really shitty missions (the truth, david cross, etc)

>billboard for dopealicious FM
>there is no actual dopealicious radio station
fuck this game

I wish we had gang management features, like upgrading their gear and stuff and to affect the map painting so they could actually defend themselves

>V
>small island with a highway looping around and a massive desert area filled with nothing plus a singel city
>story is about some whiney cunt boomer, le wacky methhead and a boring CJ clone
>good
Holy shit imagine actually believing this.

Attached: 1537666469122.jpg (274x386, 22K)

This, V was rockstar selling out and trying to appeal to zoomers. Sadly it worked.

Did it kill cheat codes for videogames by setting the bar too high?

No, this was a step up in every conceivable way from VC. This is GTA at it's peak inb4 muh IV/V.

I hate 5 but saying 4 was shit is a literal brainlet opinion.

>>V
>>small island
It's almost triple the size the SA and was way easier to navigate. In SA you pretty much needed the jetpack to get missions done in a reasonable amount of time. SA's story was a fucking mess that detoured hard as fuck in the second act so they could jam in a bunch of unfun side missions and more dating sim shit.

the game goes full retard the moment you leave Los Santos

Um sweetie no it isn't.

Attached: 1176-gta-5-gta-sa-comp.jpg (3032x3032, 593K)

>masterpiece
>nigger
No thanks, but seriously it did revolutionize a lot of shit in gaming. Just cant get past my racial prejudice.

>b-but muh map is bigger so it's better!
>barely bigger than SA
>has a whole empty desert and forest biome north of LS yet still manages to be boring as fuck
>Vzoomers will defend this
So glad I didn't fall for the V meme.

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.png (680x574, 127K)

GTASA > GTA5 in length (And quality)

Using speedrunner statistics, GTAV is shorter than GTASA by a wide girth

And Rockstar spent hundreds of millions on GTAV, up to and including wasting time on those character switching scenes that LITERALLY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMEPLAY - literally an hour and a halfs worth of nothing

And despite that - DESPITE THAT - despite every sacrifice to turn GTA into a movie, GTAV's story is only a little longer than GTA:SA (including the DVD San Andreas movie though, SA is longer)

GTAV is a mess, and I mean in everyway, whether it's cheats, mods, etc SA beats V - and unlike the 4 kiddies, you can't use "but muh based single player DLC!!!1" to defend your game

Attached: gtav spedrun.jpg (1680x1261, 159K)

Fucking this, even IV had a better map despite being smaller. Shit even the story was better despite being centered around slavshit.

Attached: Grand Theft Auto 4 07.02.2017 - 15.59.41.03.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

I unironically enjoyed IV, I don't understand why Yea Forums keeps trying to force the meme that it's bad.

I don't know and don't care about the rest of Yea Forums, but I fucking hated IV. Shit story that took itself too seriously, forgettable cast, poorly implemented game mechanics, overly persistent cops, unfun missions/side content.
Maybe the DLC fixed all of those issues but with how much I disliked the base game I sure as hell never felt like giving it another chance.

NO

MISSION PASSED
+RESPECT

Doesn't IV have a higher rating?

>Using speedrunner statistics
Why would you speed run statistics to determine game length?

gamelengths.com/games/playtimes/Grand Theft Auto V/

gamelengths.com/games/playtimes/Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/

It's only a few retards, IV was fucking kino.

Attached: Grand Theft Auto 4 Screenshot 2019.05.13 - 21.39.28.10.png (1920x1080, 3.16M)

The fuck is this based on? Anyone can scale an image up or down in paint. I meaning fucking hell, look at the size of a road in SA vs V's roads, mongoloid

Attached: gta-5-map1.jpg (2048x2048, 719K)

It's shit if you play it on anything other than PS2 or XBOX.
I don't want my copy to have songs removed.

Both VC and IV are better.

SA is too bloated and unfocused for it's own good.

Sorry but Cj will never top Tommy Vercetti

There's a mod to add them back.

Attached: gta_sa.exe Screenshot 2019.03.27 - 22.00.56.19.png (1920x1080, 3.07M)

How much filler does GTA IIIII have?
I know there is a lot of water, forest, and desert in SA, but what about IIIII? I'm seeing at least three large areas of forest without roads in IIIII.

>Shit story that took itself too seriously, forgettable cast, poorly implemented game mechanics, overly persistent cops, unfun missions/side content.
Yeah I hated V too.

A lot, most of the areas are empty as fuck outside LS.

SA in V is the size of SA's entire map. It depends on what you mean by filler but I'd consider 50% of V's map unplayable mountains/forest.

Thanks. Bigger isn't always better if there is nothing there.

About 60 percent, the rest is los santos with copy and paste buildings.

Lmao San Andreas is overrated asf

Attached: 1556513291806.jpg (1024x683, 76K)

How's my taste lads?
tiermaker.com/create/gta-games-19269

Attached: tiers.png (1277x329, 190K)

This desu.

why does the car handling in gta 4 feel so floaty or whatever you would call it? do i have to install old(er) drivers and old(er) physx version or something?

There a mystique surrounding this game that makes it seem a lot better than it actually is. After the Hot Coffee Easter egg got it yanked from Wal Mart a pretty good GTA turned into the best GTA ever overnight. It’s on par with Vice City at best

4 is a terrible game and stop seeking validation online.

what's hot coffee?

that's how the game was literally made to feel

This is the most retarded take, congrats

Vice City has barely any side content - no mini games like arcade games (which would have been perfect for VC) or gambling (gambling has become my barometer for whether or not an open world game is more than just okay)

>gambling has become my barometer for whether or not an open world game is more than just okay
Why

sex minigame

It could use better controls and GTA4 physics engine.

Vice City=Nostalgia
SA=better than pay to win zoomer trash

They already re-used the map in V and it was fucking awful, so not likely as that kind of passion/drive/talent is all but gone except in indie and amateur devs who have no money to polish their games properly. It will be at least another decade until we get a game that feels as big and diverse with actual stuff to do no matter where you are as San Andreas did.
>three fucking cities with wilderness inbetween each of them, small towns scattered around
It was so fucking good to this day, holy shit.

Attached: 1527632865_gta_sa 2018-05-29 13-01-54.jpg (800x452, 66K)

Gambling mini games are so simple that even Pokemon had it with slots

I'm not good at poker, but I love seeing that poker is in games like RDR or DR2 - makes the game feel bigger

This 100%
III and VC while fun and have great settings are nostalgia based. You just can't have that much fun with it replaying today. SA on the other hand? You can play the entire game again and goof around for hours right now and still have fun the entire time, because that's what many people do daily. The game still gets streamed.
I think 2005 Battlefront 2 and San Andreas are the only games ever made where you can just keep going back to play on a regular basis excluding MMOs.

ITT: Jaded retards talk about how bad new R* games are despite pushing videogames forwards leaps and bounds with every new release.

youtube.com/watch?v=7k6FmrWTMOY

Attached: 1442191811906.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

That's why you don't have more than 100 hours on V right?

Best radio in SA, fuck Radio X or Los Santos Radio, SFUR is soul.

Based

:^) and this isn't counting the hours I spent on my other two copies of V

Attached: steam.jpg (733x289, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=S2zWY5oox9I

Attached: 1442888826272.jpg (1024x768, 269K)

This is the worst aged game of all time, I don't get why anyone likes it anymore, and I finished it like 5 times.

BEST RADIO EVER!!
ES EF UH AAAAAARRR

Peak of the series, and it's a damn good series overall (not GTA 4, it was garbage).

youtube.com/watch?v=YHTKNyJYYGg

youtube.com/watch?v=EC_u4zcZPAg

Attached: 1487632106529.jpg (894x886, 471K)

>not GTA 4, it was garbage
Worthless opinon.

youtube.com/watch?v=hJxsVi7y-kw

Attached: 1546741354467.jpg (935x700, 77K)

>gta sa on steam

What's the best way to play it? Pirating the pc version or emulating the ps2 version?

pirate the original pc version

Nico was good. Everything else about the game was a massive step backwards.

I fucking hate this idea that cultural impact equals good game. The game IS good, but it's not as good as GTA V.

>but it's not as good as GTA V
unironically neck yourself

Unironically eat my bussy retard, you'll just gobble up whatever shit Yea Forums feeds you. Learn to think for yourself you fucking chimp.

>The GTA SA boomers vs the GTA IV zoomers
Meanwhile, in kinoland: youtube.com/watch?v=L8XVlXzrCdk

>seething and projecting
y*kes
daily reminder that these are the cucks who think V is good

>SF-UR for San Andreas
>MSX FM for III
Do you have a favorite station for Vice City?

Attached: tommyvercetti.jpg (975x600, 62K)

Get the PC version, downgrade it to 1.0, and install Silent's Patch and SkyGFX to restore the graphics and fix all the bugs.
youtube.com/watch?v=mZVuYZrtHWo

I liked GTA 3 better, though. I feel like SA tried to add too many mechanics in one package, to the point where they felt unfinished or tacked on. Admittedly GTA 3 was watershed moment in games, but nothing has managed to shock the industry like it did at the time.

Already was.

Attached: rdr2-launch-trailer-xb-wire-940x528-hero.jpg (940x528, 141K)

Because he watches that aris fag

Is there a way to get all the original songs back in the Steam version?

Attached: 1508152982320.jpg (617x627, 44K)

It wasn't even considered the best game when it first came out, this was from 2005. And IGN was the only gaming forum back then

Attached: Top10.jpg (988x6736, 1.75M)

check out the silent patch

What are some other good open world games with gambling (besides what you listed and SA obviously)?

Saints Row 2 has poker and blackjack (and it's about the only open world game as good as San Andreas)

Obviously the Yakuza games (and obviously depending on the entry)