So i'm still new to DRK. if grit + darkside should be on at all times, then why is it even an ability...

so i'm still new to DRK. if grit + darkside should be on at all times, then why is it even an ability? shouldn't it be something passive thats always on?

Attached: 1557595472991.png (680x900, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xivstyle.com/
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bov2ia/taisho_roman_and_the_rightful_outrage_from_the/
twitter.com/cheche_dotharl/status/1128279381900779520
youtu.be/UO2QFM2a8PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9_PRQHjG8
youtube.com/watch?v=U3m8GewVWQk
xivmodarchive.com/mod/shapely_taters
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/01/04/in-2019-the-state-of-activision-blizzard-is-not-strong/#2e7b26123039
youtu.be/WmJxkVbowSI
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Y1-faYt2I
youtube.com/watch?v=FwQf6H7ESo4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're not supposed to have darkside on at all times
during boss fights you should establish an enmity lead and then switch grit off since it reduces how much damage you deal and with proper cooldown usage bosses won't be able to kill you

i'm retarded and meant you shouldn't have *grit* on at all times, not darkside
but the rest of my post reflects that so whatever

thanks clone

also forgot to mention of you're not the main tank you shouldn't have grit on, since you could risk stealing aggro from the other tank in the party which could cause issues such as turning the boss and getting the party cleaved or something
i don't know enough about DRK to answer about darkside needing to be turned on or off though

Fuck Dark Arts

>Your retainer has discovered 2 Pots of General-purpose Jet-Black Dye - items most rare!

Attached: cashmoney.jpg (253x169, 8K)

If you can hold enmity without tank stance being active why do tanks even have a stance? All 3 tanks have this problem

for dungeons, so that fights with multiple tanks can function, and for soaking damage you wouldnt be able to otherwise
trying to keep aggro and stay alive on a big pull while in a damage stance is usually not worth it at all, especially on PLD where sword oath is pretty clearly aimed towards single target combat

Darkside should be on at all times. Before with HW DRK, you could actually lose Darkside if you didnt have enough Mana since it constantly drained your MP. Now, you cant lose Darkside no matter what. The only reason why it isnt a trait is so you can turn it off when you cant hit anything so you can get passive MP ticks or get a mana shift/ Refrresh to give yourself more mana before you turn Darkside back on.

Grit is only there to help people learn what to do. Once you're able to hold aggro without grit and manage your CD's, you never turn on Grit even when pulling.

just seems like they could change Provoke to spike your enmity and call it a day. Use Provoke and boom you're main tank.

>for soaking damage you wouldnt be able to otherwise
Problem is if you're HP is falling fast enough to have to be in your tank stance to live your healer isn't doing their job right and there's a big chance it doesn't matter what stance you're in you're gonna eat dirt.

Learning your job and the fight, and playing with reliable people who also know their jobs and the fight well enough that you don't need to rely on your tank stance all the time is not a "problem". It gives the game a higher skill ceiling.

that's why tank stances are being removed :)

DRK in particular wants to be in tank stance during big dungeon pulls because of Blood Price fueling their infiite blood/mp loop

WE FALL

Attached: 89e69f8cb7d52f73e64d143ec2d8082f.jpg (2369x4137, 1.78M)

whats drk

So, now that Yoshi-P is definitively dividing the 4 tanks into 2 main tanks and 2 off-tanks, which will be which?

Attached: FFXIV_PUB_FANFESTIVAL_2019_PARIS_06.png (1767x2500, 3.43M)

WE FALL

Attached: 1535578383802.jpg (288x175, 9K)

Post DRK

Judging by their current toolkits, WAR and DRK will be MTs while PLD and GUN will be OTs. Still feel like WAR and PLD should be switched based on their aesthetics though.

MT: DRK/WAR
OT: PLD/GUN

Did you guys see the leaks?

PLD and DRK main. WAR and GBR off.
>inb4 cover autist

paladin is protectign the party more than any other tank so he will stay ot, even if the shield would make it easier to tank bosses

drk def main but im not sure on war and gun since war is the big dps tank but also big mitigation

what's a good class for a social inept

Oh boy, let's hear what sort of fake shit you have for us now

The promo images? Yeah.

Attached: D6m9Nd5W0AAB_TE.jpg (799x1200, 128K)

>worse classes
>worse races
>content is easy as piss
>visuals are a vomit inducing laser lightshow
>story is boring weeb trash that you'll forget after an hour
>races are just "human but with elf/bunny/cat ears"
>worse mounts
>worse pets
>story focused game but 90% of the story isn't voice acted
>more time is spent clicking through cutscenes than the actual game
>game has 200k players max per region (which is nothing)
>still has que times in some servers because of their $5 servers
>raids are literally a boss in a room
yikes, why can't japs make good games
>runescape has existed forever and has a great housing system
>fucking SE can't figure it out
incredible

>playing an MMO
>not expecting to be surrounded by socially inept autists at all times

Pick anything

Darkside only falls off if you burn all your MP, so it being off is more of a sign of failure on the DRK's part rather than anything else. It's togglable because if it were always on, you'd have no way to naturally generate MP in combat. You should get plenty of MP from using your MP combo though, so that's not an issue.

Grit is situational, if you're tanking with another person and fighting the same boss, leaving grit off will prevent you from stripping aggro from him by accident. Same goes for anyone's tank stance, though as you move away from simply clearing endgame raids and onto competing for score, you'll eventually never be in grit anyway.

Now Protect, that's an ability that should always be on and rolled into the natural gear everyone has. It costs nothing to apply, it has no competing buffs, and the only time it's off in a fight is when someone's freshly res'd. For tanks, it contributes close to 1.5% damage reduction on attacks, rarely enough to be considered useful since 1.5% of your health making a difference is highly uncommon.

>HW DRK coming back

it's time

Attached: dark knight.gif (500x228, 2.96M)

Guess not.

>WAR got the glowing eyes before DRK

The heat death of the universe will not stop my anger

MT: PLD/DRK
OT: WAR/GUN

All tanks will be getting additional damage focused abilities though, since we'll only truly establish an MT/OT role once there's three jobs that can fill each.

PLD/DRK = MT
WAR/GUN = OT

The job changes will go into great detail about it. The tanks will roughly do the same amount of damage but their mitigation is more suited to those roles.

Well are you gonna post them or not?

Attached: IMG_0392.png (505x425, 241K)

>tfw no gothlezen drk gf

Attached: 1552441881431.jpg (1068x1320, 92K)

Makes me wonder if GUN's tank stance will be bonus health like WAR or something else. Personally, I wish all the roles would've got their own unique tank stance mechanic (PLD getting straight damage reduction allowing for efficient heals, WAR getting the bonus health to soak massive hits, DRK getting a passive regeneration buff that would synergize with abilities that cost HP or an MP shield) just to make them stand out from each other. Would've made it more fun for the healer too, since you'd have different strategies for healing each of the tanks.

By all means, enlighten us, cause they seemed to have lost their way here

I'm not going to because you guys were mean to me. Somebody else will post them.

Quit being such a pussy bitch and just post them.

GUN's would've been a magitek shield that coincided with barrier gauges being added to HP bars. GUN would generate up to 50% of their health as a shield while in tank stance, keying off of ammo abilities. It would stack with healer barriers.

who fullplate here

Attached: 1557883825622.jpg (736x972, 74K)

If GUN is a "shield" tank then it's gonna be pretty good, blocking hits entirely is always better than precentage reductions

I'd think it'd be pretty great. It'd be a bad class at soaking massive hits without relying heavily on cooldowns, but generating a self-barrier, even if it was something you could only do every 10 seconds or so, would give you a lot of control over managing sustained incoming damage.

skill video when

I wish drg got more plate armor options. End up using a certain tool clientside to make myself wear them.

Next Thursday

next week

I saw them, still don't know whether to believe them or not, most likely fakes, like all the other discord chat log *leaks*. half of it was already what is rumoured and the other half was just some random stuff about blm.

Grit on Mob pulls
Grit off on bosses.

Yeah, it's hard to tell. I guess they sound legit but I'll wait and see.

>Kugane
>NPCs say "koo-gone-ay"
>it obviously should be pronounced "koo-gain"

Why cant you protect the party as MT? what?

>joins your fc

Attached: 1556996171373.jpg (1080x1350, 442K)

>female weeb
top 3 biggest red flags

>embolden on CD for the DRG
>raising the healer multiple times since the tank big dick pulls but forgets to establish aggro
>no commends

Attached: fuck iunno'.png (495x461, 520K)

>expecting commends on a DPS class

You could literally solo everything in a dungeon and still not get any

unless you're a RDM/SMN spamming raise or a MCH (for the sheer "ooohhh neat a rare sight" aspect) don't ever except any commends
and even then don't hold your breath

Are there cool armors in this game? often the only reason to play some mmos for me is to look cool

Oh no no no Hunterchads what will we do!?

Yeah, lots of them.

Depends on your preference, they start out pretty ugly though
xivstyle.com/
you can see most of the gear that drops from dungeons/raids on this site, but I'd recommend starting on the 51-60 pages because the pre-50 gear is pretty bad

So the update yesterday day added the moogles in for some event where you get these tomes and trade them for older items. Gotta farm duties and maps

Attached: unknown-29.png (978x422, 65K)

>Not already having all that old shit.

>100 fucking tokens for shitty useless earrings compared to the mount/minion prices

soon

Attached: D6j4oyvUEAE6B4f.jpg (942x1200, 241K)

>saw people mad at the beast tribes stuff
>forgetting every beast tribe has unique minions at max reputation
wind up sylph is cute as fuck and is what made me want to do beast tribes in the first place

>female

PLEASE

Attached: Computers Elation.gif (200x113, 1.37M)

>acting as though all those mounts/minions can't be obtained in a fraction of the time elsewhere

The earrings and map are the only unique things on the list.

i mean sure, but one hundred fucking tokens dude.

>no scach minion or card
>but get califori and that other first boss

Attached: 1557607331660.jpg (900x1200, 134K)

Depends, what styles do you like?

>expecting comms
Toxic

>he doesn’t have scathach already

Attached: 086C149F-7EA7-4CAB-BBF2-FF34E7FBAC28.jpg (403x403, 71K)

I've never played FF14 before. I think I understand how the job/class system works. If I pick up the game with Shadowbringers, do I have to go back through Heavensward content to unlock Dark Knight? Or will using the level boost it comes with get it for me?

You just need the expansion to unlock the jobs (Heavensward for Dark Knight, etc.). Using a level boost will get it.

You need to get to HW to get the city that has dark knight.

I don’t think anything comes with a level boost

How it works is that you start with most of the games classes. At level 50, regardless of story progress, you unlock Red Mage and Samurai (also Blue Mage). If you have Ishgard unlocked, which is based upon story progress, you can also go there to unlock Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist. Level doesn't mean anything for the Ishgard jobs. It's also assumed that with the Shadowbringer jobs that they will be level based unlocks, similar to Red Mage and Samurai, since in the stream it was mentioned that you could pick it up "right away" if you have the expansion.

Forgot to mention that you need Stormblood to unlock Red Mage and Samurai, despite being able to unlock them the moment you hit level 50.

Thanks, I'll wait for Shadowbringers and hope they make it just require level. If not I'll go back and grind the quests.

>dealing 23 other people for 40 minutes only to get outrolled

Since the game doesn't come with a level boost, you're supposed to do the main story with a base game job, anyway.
It's also unlikely they make it only require levels that much time afterwards (it's from the first addon, it's since the second that they dropped the quest reqs).

Lets make a 24 man raid so you can get the pet.

It's less about level and more that the in-game lore about Ishgard is that it completely bars entry from outsiders, even when you first go there in story it's due to an extreme exception and because you personally know someone high enough up to vouch for you. You could literally grind to max level by spamming dungeons and you still wouldn't be able to get Dark Knight unless you'd reached Ishgard in the story.

You should just get the base game and the free HW so you can play as Dark Knight.

Didn't Stormblood come with a level boost? I could've sworn I saw it on one of the ads

>low-level dungeons as Dragoon
>Archers already have a dot and an AoE
>all I have is two steps of my combo and life surge
>feels like my biggest DPS contribution is Goading the archer so they can spam more AoE
I hate it.

Nope

WAR had glowing eyes since 1.0, they absolutely deserved it first.

Is RDM the most coward;y c;ass, bros?

Attached: YWGP Champion.jpg (736x1024, 85K)

Only dungeons I can play with dragoon are 70 ones. Even then I would rather just run with rdm or something else that has good aoes.

Try playing BLM till lvl 38. Probably the reason most people who played the game quit before 50

Guess I'll just do it the correct way then. Last question: Are the Ishgard quests mostly part of the main story or are they all optional quests?

Darkside should only be turned off when you need emergency MP regen, if some madman caster is trying to Mana Shift you, or to gain the benefits of BRD/MCH's MP buff. Otherwise DRK's built around having Darkside up 24/7

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't mind low level BLM, the rotation is simple but I still feel like I'm absolutely shitting out damage even at those low levels compared to other classes.

This is objectively wrong. In dungeon pulls, since you're pulling multiple groups, you are a fucking dumbass if you don't use Grit for this. In roulettes, you WILL die if you're a smug faggot like this guy.
>inb4 muh Living Dead

Ishgard's story is the main story of Heavensward, so it's not optional.

It's main story. Every expansion is one long connected story.

To unlock Ishgard, you mean? It's the main story.

Its not the damage its the amount of work your doing is so mindnumbing for anyone.

Oh then there's no problem. I thought I'd have to go out of my way to unlock them. Thanks again

DRK can just pop a defensive CD and alternate Blackest Night and Quietus in big dick AoE pulls, they are surprisingly hard to kill. Pre-70 though, Grit is definitely better.

Getting to Ishgard is something you do solely through Main Story progression, all you need to worry about it getting to level 50 and doing the main story if that's your aim. You don't need anything else completed or unlocked to get there, and the literal moment you reach Ishgard you can grab the jobs there.
Pic related is my lazy ass at the very first MSQ of Ishgard with Machinist unlocked.

Attached: ish.png (367x426, 105K)

POST LEAKS NOW

Attached: 1557605798435.jpg (2048x1536, 449K)

does rdm have a secret aggro multiplier on all of its attacks or something?
i've been leveling it and it feels that if i slip up and forget one lucid/diversion i wind up tanking the floor

Attached: 1549921725861.jpg (273x308, 87K)

Why would you pass up Blood Price for big dick pulls though

Hell yeah!

Attached: 63325691_p0.png (1000x587, 948K)

RDM attacks have really high potency for the levels you get them at.
If a tank doesn't get chance to establish some enmity you're going to end up dragging it off of them easily.

Big burst damage.

Please kill me, Miku.

Attached: 1543592006122.jpg (717x717, 118K)

>HW DRK
Yea I fucking wish, what they did to our class should be fucking illegal.

Post jobs!

Attached: ss (2019-05-15 at 11.55.11).png (369x414, 70K)

One of the leak I've seen said it's much closer to HW.

>people actually want PLD, the only job with a fucking shield to be OT
what the fuck guys

Black mage is so fucking shit

Autistic pushback from people that don't get or weren't around to get that jobs change up pretty heavily each expac, so therefore Stormblood's iteration of the job is how it's always been and always should be

Who cares.

Let me out first

Attached: miku2go.jpg (2048x1536, 475K)

Attached: latest[1].jpg (222x389, 56K)

I don't think it's people wanting it, it's just how PLD's kit is designed right now. It's backwards.

the paladin runs around protecting and healing everyone they can while the warrior squares off with the big guy. i like it personally

Nice fuckin giraffe neck, retard.

Because they nerfed it so hard that it's practically useless and doesn't help sustain yourself. If you're off-grit in bug pulls you will gain a lot more mana enabling you to spam more DA+AD.

don't you fucking lie to me like that user

Attached: 1556007697365.jpg (640x466, 43K)

>Rogue
>63

Attached: 1550982128193.jpg (960x958, 215K)

I'm so close.
So close.

Attached: jobs.png (356x427, 70K)

This is a fucking meme, stop it. Blood Price for packs of 6+ mobs is basically free mana to spam, and you can do MORE damage with Grit and Blood Price and without Grit.

The only thing worse than a insufferable elitist is a misinformed insufferable elitist.

To OP, if you're reading this, Google the Balance FFXIV for class guides.

>go to the general
>RDM bad!
>go anywhere else
>no one cares what you play
Interesting

Because nobody actually cares, and class balance is good.

>go to the general
Why would you do that?

Your choice of job is pretty much preference, people saying otherwise tend to be adherents to the speedrunner meta (DRG/NIN/BRD/SMN, etc.)

>RDM
>Bad
What?
It's not exactly top tier in terms of damage rankings but it's certainly not a bad class by any means.

Not as close as me.

Attached: jobs.png (338x413, 83K)

what job are you liking the most?

Nice bunch of lies, shitposter, why not go back to your classic HOME threads

It's not Summoner so meta whores hate it

>Reach 70 PLD and finish Stormblood MSQ
>Just looking at extreme dungeons is intimidating
How the fuck do people do it? That's so much pressure. I did ARR extreme primals while synced and that was a fucking nightmare.

Exposed to years of elitism

I'm new to FFXIV.
Is PGL a good choice? I like Fury Warrior in WoW so I'm not sure what to pick. After I get to Ishgard or whatever it's called, I'll probably switch to DRK because I like greatswords. Also is Omega (EU) a good server?

Attached: 1545751421302.jpg (1000x1414, 438K)

I walk into dungeons drunk and come out alright. Mostly it's just not caring, or walking in thinking of myself as "the DPS in front".

By role, I really enjoy Samurai for Melee DPS, Black Mage for Magic DPS, Bard for Ranged, Scholar for healing, and Warrior for tanking.

I mained DRK back in Heavensward, but the changes kind of left it behind while pushing WAR ahead for me. I *want* DRK to be better/more fun, and if someone were to ask me what my "main" was, I'd still probably say DRK despite not really playing it anymore.

Attached: thing.png (849x1069, 1.45M)

Arcanist and Thaumaturge are slow casters, Lancer and Rogue are slow-ish melee attackers, Pugilist is a fast melee attacker, Gladiator is a defensive tank, Marauder is an offensive tank, Conjurer is a healer. When you look at DRK it's a more magic-oriented tank that yo-yos its MP in return for boosted abilities.

>amount of work
>just doing braindead damage at the backseat with 0 (zero) worries
and people call me crazy when i say tanking is shit

Attached: 1552426419947.jpg (1125x1358, 254K)

Be careful what you wish for.

Attached: 1550314125771.png (899x242, 305K)

>Also is Omega (EU) a good server?
No, it's garbage. Choose from Ragnarok, Cerberus, Odin or Phoenix.

I disagree, provide a video to prove what you said is correct because I want to know for sure. I get way more mana without grit than I do with it on. I'm also able to spam more DA+AD without grit than I am with it on.

>braindead
That's exactly it. It's too boring and uneventful

>another wowfugee
I'm going to give you the most important piece of advice I can right now
Forget fucking everything you know about WoW, do not try and apply wow knowledge to this game, do not try and compare things to wow, do not search for what you think is the equivalent of a wow job
Forget about wow
Forget all of it
Once you do this you are instantly better than every other wowfugee shitting up the duty finder, read your tool tips, try all the jobs, don't be a meta whore
But if you decide you absolutely have to play samurai or red mage everyone will laugh at you for being brainlet

Bullshit. Post real leaks

Attached: 1557171360067m.jpg (768x1024, 75K)

SAM is fun. Really hope they make it as fun if not more in ShB.
I'd wear the Taisho set, too, or some mix and match of it to get close to the bankara/bancho aesthetic.
Alas, the gooks are butthurt about it.
Pic related.

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bov2ia/taisho_roman_and_the_rightful_outrage_from_the/
twitter.com/cheche_dotharl/status/1128279381900779520

Attached: file.png (1018x602, 64K)

Guess you really don’t want that pet .

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T WEAR CLOTHES FROM ANY TIME IN HISTORY WHERE UNPLEASANT THINGS HAPPENED!!!
Fuck these asshurt gooks.

don't they have their own servers? just don't release it there then. besides, i remember some outrage when the native american outfit was datamined, but they silently released it anyways

Considering those uniforms specifically were used as a concerted effort to erase their culture, I can see the butthurt. Just don't release it on Korea. Problem solved.

very cool user!
i personally like DRK>RDM>SAM>SCH

Attached: ss (2019-05-12 at 01.24.27).png (116x123, 26K)

I do. But queue times for WoD are dumb rn

>to erase their culture
What culture?

question user, why does it fucking matter? it literally changes nothing from the current paradigm where the WAR or DRK always pulls because their single target hate is better, it won't stop you from tanking dungeons, it won't stop you from tanking trials, hell it won't even stop you from being the fucking MT if the other tank is also OT or has too much "tanxiety" to pull, maybe you just have no idea what an off-tank actually is and you think they're just a "tank but not as good" or something in which case you're wrong

Alright, I think I'll stick with Pugilist then.
Any specific reason(s) as to why Omega is shit?
>read your tool tips
I'm not retarded, so this won't be a problem.
>try all the jobs
I'll just try the ones that seem interesting
>don't be a meta whore
fun > meta
>But if you decide you absolutely have to play samurai or red mage everyone will laugh at you for being brainlet
What's wrong with samurai?

Here's actual leak.

People on the EU media tour would never leak anything to the public, why do you think they placed the NA tour on a later date? Please look foward to the live letter.

I don't see why they'd be mad, outfit is fuckin cash bro.

This may shock you but Japanese students also wore school uniforms.

>What's wrong with samurai?
Nothing specifically, Samurai shits damage and is designed such that even just doing its most basic rotation will pull acceptable numbers for most pug content. Samurai is mainly hated by raiders because it has absolutely no raid utility, it's only capable of inflicting damage. Black Mage is in the same boat, but its role-action abilities (Apocastasis, Mana Shift, etc.), being a caster, and Black Mage's consistent performance depending on how well you already know the fight due to how it works tends to make people look the other way despite its otherwise nonexistent utility.

This is the truth. Europeans are honorable gentlemen. But Americans will sell out for the five minutes of fame/lowest price.

>implying bongs, krauts, and frogs gaf

Attached: 1552675157415.jpg (316x316, 17K)

It has to do with the number of enemies attacking you.

WAR will be good at everything, just like always, because WARbabbies will cry their eyes out if they aren't.

Don't listen to him about RDM/SAM, nobody who actually plays the game cares or will say anything, all that matters is playing your job properly.

>Any specific reason(s) as to why Omega is shit?
It's supposedly unofficial RP server. But seriously recently new players used to get rewards for creating their characters there, so now server is full of people who don't know how to play.

>white knight redditor linking the literal tranny
I hope the outfit will get released despite this "outrage". Fuck their feelings.

Attached: 1551044536020.png (432x512, 24K)

>What's wrong with samurai?
The job itself is fine, it and red mage just attract all the bad players for some reason so a stigma has developed against the jobs because more often than not when you see one it means you have to carry a shitter

Attached: shb_new launcher.jpg (964x1092, 211K)

They make it sound like SE is trying to release the clothes worn by unit 731 test subjects or something. These are school uniforms, you can’t do more harmless than this.

>Bluefever
makes you think

Oh, I actually like the outfit, but I am opposed to the cash shop.

100% this

I know this is fake but this genuinely disgusts me

Eating shitty fermented cabbage, fucking underage girls, and building their capital city within artillery distance of their warmongering other half because they have brain damage.

If we're banning clothing because it existed during a shitty period of time they might as well ban all the turbans since muslims wear those

Source?

They say that like it wouldn't be hilarious if SE added a Hitler set for glamour. Just because of this bellyaching, they should add a bunch of comfort women NPCs to the new hub city making tongue-in-cheek FF-ized references to the Korean occupation.

A reddit post of a fan made redesign.

>fucking underage girls
Where can I sign up?

Alright. Might try out Samurai later then.
I'll pick Cerberus instead then, thanks.

Doesn't sound much different than japan really.

I think you just fly over with your own gun and start waving it around, they love it when white people do that.

Is Doma supposed to be Korea then?

He's full of shit, literally nobody cares if you play SAM or RDM
Anyone who is actually good at the game will tell you to play what you enjoy and anyone who is a casual player won't care because class optimization is irrelevant outside of hardcore content. The only people who might insult you are wanna be triehards that can barely do endgame content and think screaming at people to "play meta" will get them carried through high end raids.
This isn't like wow where feral druid was literally not viable, the difference between the "best" and "worst" classes in the game is a boss kill tome of about 45 seconds

Attached: revamped 5.0 ui.jpg (1402x807, 240K)

>drk in potd
>turns on Grit, turns off Darkside
>turns off Grit, turns on Darkside
>point out that you can use both at the same time
>"nah bro i can't because they cancel out each others effect"

Attached: 1497895868323.png (1068x1080, 657K)

China

Even worse friend, China

I know there's at least one of you frenchies out there willing to drop a leak for us.

Doma has Chinese, Japanese, and some Korean influence. The real Japan is Hingashi.

>flat design
I saw someone using this mod, it looks like garbage.

0% chance they'll redo the UI

>Simplified=removing the gold trim around everything

I, too, did graphic design as an elective in high school.

>china
>samurai
hmmmm

Soulless

>giving yoshi even more reason to hate frogs

Korea is the underwater raen city, Doma is China, the Steppes are Mongolia, and the rest of the ruby sea is assorted SEA shit

Doma has the geography and geographical location of China, but it's like a fantasy China if it had always been ruled by Japanese. Although it's kinda backwards in XIV's lore because Hingan culture came from Doma.

Multi-tank fights
An early lead on on it so you don't get passed by the overzealous dragoon immedietly
Large trash pulls

Attached: leak.jpg (1445x812, 298K)

Flat/Material design is cancer and a mistake.

We need to go back to skeuomorphism.

What's Garlemald gonna be? Russia?

They're the same exact game and don't let this poster confuse you.

Israel

>Leak mysteriously includes absolutely no new information whatsoever

fuck off

Yes. Ilsabard is Europe and the Middle East and Garlemald is in the shitty, cold, northern part. Eorzea is Africa.

Attached: 1538929238357.jpg (2677x1080, 809K)

he's basically saying he doesn't want to manage mp while tanking

We all know it's just a shitty mod.

mkay time to stop reposting from reddit

How is that backwards? 90% of Japanese culture came from China, weeb.

lol

Attached: battle of the mmos.jpg (298x414, 34K)

Othard = Asia
Ilsabard = Europe
Aldenard/Eorzea = Africa
Meracydia = Australia
New World = USA

It's looking like an industrial England, smog and pollution everywhere with a distinct upper and lower class but with touches of the Roman empire in their political structure

are we all playable mhiggers then?

Only proves WoW attracts more redditors.
Who want to play with those people?

>French papists
>paleskin nature-worshippers
>pirates
>Jews in the desert
Africa, nigger?

Look at the map you retard. Mor Dhona is even Lake Victoria. It's not culturally Africa, but it's geographically Africa and is considered to be a backwater hellhole by the rest of the world.

Attached: BTFO.png (883x908, 872K)

where the fuck is the new world 9.0?

>a quarter members compared to WoW
>4.1K online
>nearly a milion on the other
>5.1k

Attached: 1549910199958.png (1431x899, 1.09M)

1st race in eorzea after the flood were mhiggers

it's an underdeveloped backwater rich in resources that has shitty infrastructure compared to a rest of the world

Whatever land the blue mages came from is america

>WoW is a more reddit game than XIV
>being proud of having more redditors

Absolute mondo yikes

New World tribe that worships ceruleum

I really hate Larry.

Attached: 1535363613453.jpg (789x941, 244K)

>backwater hellhole by the rest of the world.
Never got this until we went to Kugane. It was made in less than 30 years. Compare that to the rest of the Eorzean cities excluding Sharlayan colony

That's the New World.

Who is this person?

Sharlayan = Britain

how bad are the servers going to crash on day 1 of early access

Then why have the safety net of a tank stance at all?

It'll be fine.

can i purchase plots from them with snow white dye?

I love it when I see WoW getting shit on

Attached: muh wow.png (1644x720, 631K)

It's going to be absolute shit. The servers already have login queues sometimes even now during the pre-expansion lull.

Absolutely not. Don't let the data center split pull the wool over your eyes, this shit is going to be just as bad as always.

My hope is that they learned from last time and that we also won't have a Raubahn Savage/Pipin Extreme situation. Realistically only the latter problem will be addressed and the launch will still be a fuckfest in general.

Unfortunately no but you can show up your tutor and Azulmagia at blue magic

WITH NO SURVIVORS

No matter how bad it is there better be memes

the lalafell will offer them blankets

guy who owns every UCOB weapon who got invited to the media tour in NA

CIA

>that we also won't have a Raubahn Savage/Pipin Extreme situation.
I bet you a million gil that when we find whatever the cat boi left for us at the crystal tower it will lead to a solo instance before we can go to the first shard and almost no one will make it through

So he's like a celebrity for being good at the game? Huh, I didn't realize they still had people like that in mmos

Attached: end my life.png (526x436, 137K)

Moreso because Larryzaur's insanely good at clearing and general high-end content but doesn't take the game seriously on purpose

>dumb cat forces me to job against notzenos with everyone watching
he can go fuck himself

he only got invited because he has lots of youtube views related to FFXIV. being good at the game is just a side bonus.

THROW WIDE THE GATES YOU FUCKING JOBBER

His catboy is kinda hot

Cat fucking saved that ascian cunt.

More like hes a youtuber which has some "popular" (By ffxiv standards) videos.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU THROWN THE GATES WIDE? ACCEPT MY FUCKING UPS DELIVERY

Reminder that we will be working with ascians in 5.0

>steals all your friend's souls
Trust me, I'm totally not the bad guy bro, now I'm gonna need you to do exactly what the asciens have been doing for years.

ALPHIANUD YOU DUMB ASCIAN-WANNABE LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SISTER

Attached: 32f2614b.jpg (3892x2160, 612K)

Are all primals evil by default? Why are they such assholes

Attached: 1538655064332.png (1248x876, 1.86M)

>ALPHIANUD YOU DUMB ASCIAN-WANNABE LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU
FTFY

SFM when

no, they are influenced by their summoner's ideas
>thordan
>Shiva
>Titan (gabu)

They're not. Just most of the ones we encounter are born from strong negative emotion.

No, not by default. It depends on the intent of the summoner as well as the nature of the primal. Ramuh is pretty reasonable in ARR's story and doesn't mess with anybody that doesn't mess with the sylphs or intrude upon portions of the Twelveswood. Susano was also a primal that could arguably be friendly, even if he wanted to fight you for fun.

Primals arn't good or evil, they're simply based on what the individuals summoning them believe them to be
Titan and Ramuh, for example, are seen as father/protector figures by their respective beast tribes and are angry at humans for that reason. Not because they're "evil"

Attached: 1556137596458.jpg (933x608, 109K)

No, the summoners feelings and how they regard the primal influence how that primal acts

shiva helped you stop a garlean ship during heavensward, susano only wanted to fight to test your strength not out of evil.

>Susano was also a primal that could arguably be friendly, even if he wanted to fight you for fun.
RESILIENT SOULS I SALUTE YOU!

>200k players max per region (which is nothing)
What the fuck are you on? The the top 5 populated MMOs in the west are OSRS, WoW, FFXIV, GW2 and ESO. Out of those only the first two have more than 1 million active players. The rest are between 400-700k .

Well? Is someone going to post them?

>when you realize who the baddies are
youtu.be/UO2QFM2a8PQ

No, most primals aren't even evil.
>Titan is trying to defend the Kobolds from Limsan aggression and is just mad as hell because they won't stop slaughtering Kobolds.
>Ifrit wasn't evil to begin with, but because he was summoned by religious zealots he was obsessed with tempering. He ended up frying his own peoples' brains so that subsequent summonings of him made him want nothing more than to temper instead of defending his people.
>Ramuh is such a good guy that he orders the Sylphs not to summon him unless it's an emergency.
>Garuda is just insane because of the Ixal myth of the Lord of Snakes.
>Mog is summoned to protect the Moogles.
>Shiva shouldn't need an explanation.
>Bahamut wasn't evil, but was pissed off beyond belief and driven mad by 5000 years of agonizing cries from the dragons locked up with him.
>Phoenix wasn't evil at all.
>Alexander is a pure good guy who was trying to raise you up to save the world in his place.

>tfw can't decide if I should switch from small petite lizard to amazonian bunnies

Attached: 1553725045395.jpg (1221x677, 459K)

SUCH, FEROCITY......

>Alexander is a pure good guy who was trying to raise you up to save the world in his place.
didn't alexander tecnically summon himself due to time travel he's pretty much the only legit god along hyda and zodi

Kobolds are the beast-tribe that have the best reason to be summoning theirs, it gets sticky with some of the others. Then there's moogles that summon King Moggle Mog for basically no reason

>SMN
>Meta
based retard

Kinda, yeah. Because of the time loop, the concept of Alexander originates from the Enigma Codex, which originates from Alexander, repeating infinitely. He's not born out of myth like the other primals, but is self-creating.

isn't king mogger just based on the first moogles that came from the churning mists

Yeah, Alexander's existence is owed to a time-loop where he ensured the entire au ra tribe that even summoned him was propagated by the man's soul he ate, and the woman that accompanies you for most of it, making the two their own ancestors and founders of their tribe. Pretty much because he's a primal possessing a computational machine and being attributed a divine purpose by the goblins, he's well aware his own existence is a danger to the world and influenced history to make sure Allthoughts' plans failed.

This reminds me of the Iron Giant

He's based on a specific one named Mog, yeah.

The Moogles summoned him because Garlemald was making moves on the Black Shroud.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9_PRQHjG8

Mog is a primal born of the stories of the moogles' first and greatest king, but the stories did come from the moogles' birthplace in the Churning Mists. Their current chief also has abilities similar to Mog when you fight him as a midboss in Hraesvelgr's dungeon, and uses the main music loop

so the final shadowbringer's boss will be zenos right

A lot of WoW players sure love reddit. Good to know

he's too popular. he'll join the Scions and be redeemed like all unmasked garlean pureblood

The final boss will be The Warrior of Light from Zenos' perspective.

Doesn't matter. Gunbreaker was my dream job and this is going to be the best expansion ever.

Attached: Lightning-Artwork-Final-Fantasy-XIII.jpg (1000x1100, 124K)

He's popular because he's a fucking asshole who people like beating up. Redeeming him would ruin the reason he's popular.

>not Zenos becoming the second warrior of light turning the boss fight into a reverse version of the Heavensward fight but this time you are the warrior of darkness

he could still be an asshole, but will be on the WoL's side

Don't say I never gave you people anything.

>Tank stances removed across the board
>Tanks have the innate mitigation of their stances rolled into the job itself and the enmity boosted by roughly 20%
>Other role skills have had their enmity reduced across the board and Diversion as well as MP Regen skills are removed and each healer now has its own means of regenerating MP naturally in their rotation

>all the retards itt
Regardless of their nature, they exist only by sucking up aether at an extreme rate, and brainwashing people to worship them. They shouldn't exist and only do because ascians want people to fuck everything up 6 more times

What are some good high-difficulty parkour spots, Yea Forums?

I did the Idyllshire rock and I'm bored of scaling mansions.

the one in kugane to get the lookout spot.

Every time

Attached: WT.png (210x199, 75K)

>brainwashing people to worship them
Not all of them even do that, at least intentionally. Titan's highest ranking priests only become tempered on accident because they're around him so frequently, but otherwise that's it. Garuda considers it the ultimate punishment so it's apparently not something she does often. Ramuh only tempered Sylphs because they begged him for his 'protection' and then he told them not to summon him again.

That seems to be within expectations.

I've done Kugane tower once but it's tedious, I've not done the jump to the lamp post yet though.

WHAT ABOUT RED MAGE

what the fuck is UwU

Ultima Weapon Ultimate

Raise has a 300 second cool down

uwu what's this

doubt

Still less damage than Quietus plus Blood Weapon.

>ascians want people to fuck everything up 6 more times
Enkidu, Susanoo and Lakshmi proves you don't need asciens to teach you. Primals can pop up randomly as long as the prerequisites are there

>tfw blood weapon, abyssal drain and quietus spam in dungeons

Attached: mom2.jpg (773x699, 232K)

I know it's already too late for ShB, but I hope going forward they stop with the story hub + endgame hub setup, and just put it all in one city. I'd much rather have one bigger, more fleshed-out hub town that always sees peak activity.

>tfw made a quick 30m by getting three lines two weeks in a row last year right after they updated the reward tables

Attached: 1544744286764.png (530x298, 320K)

You did once need very involved rituals and ancient relics as a magical focus for the summonings. But the state of the world has degraded so much that now you can have accidental summonings.

You hear that tankies??? No more excuses when I rip aggro from you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 245.png (1333x900, 589K)

>of you're not the main tank you shouldn't have grit on, since you could risk stealing aggro from the other tank in the party which could cause issues such as turning the boss and getting the party cleaved or something

stealing aggro is the laest of ur issues if ur offtanking in grit
ur doing 20% less damage for literally no reason

>mfw that retard in the thread who forgot blood weapon and quietus work together

Attached: kirbywitgun.png (598x454, 1.05M)

yes

Attached: 1464062189817.gif (500x304, 1.79M)

Eulmore has the makings of an end game hub

I was really disappointed with Rhalgr's. After seeing Idyllshire and Revenant's Toll grow over patches, Rhalgr's remaining static was awful.

Byakko, Genbu, Seiryuu are all friendly and testing your might

Is this game free yet? Why am i seeing ffxiv everywhere again

We already know the two Hubs at this point. I suspect the "Endgame" Hub will be the first place we hit, and the "Story" Hub will be the lazy cat place.

>new umemaro,liveforthefunk drawing again and benchmark at the end of this month

this cant get any better

Attached: eb9b3213.png (878x426, 462K)

They wouldnt design it where they couldnt prevent it through normal gameplay.

No and it never will be.

>drawing
What year is it. That stupid nigga better make a full 20 page comic

>RDM doesnt bring high deeps but its a great safety net job
>Remove that
just LOL

Those aren't primals.

The Middle East area here is more Rabanastre than Thavnair, geographically anyways.

And the majority of the "China/-stan" area in FF 14 is The Burn

They're extremely close, and are probably functionally the same now that they're legendary figures. Seiryu in particular mentioned being the object of worship for a small culture before becoming one of the Four Lords

I run Ala Mhigo sometimes just for the thrill of pulling absolutely everything after the second boss.

Don't take it too hard, they wanted to give the reasonable-CD Raise to DNC to encourage people to try it since it won't be a healer like most expected. If it makes you feel any better, the BLU and Eureka elemental weakness systems were very rough prototyping for a new paradigm in debuffing where players apply weakness+resists to the enemies, and RDM's ver flip-flopping will become the first major testbed.

>wind-up khloe is a two line reward
>haven't been able to get a single line for two weeks now

Attached: cry a fuggin lot.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

Why
WHY
W H Y

The outrageous MP cost was more than enough

Attached: why jus why.jpg (600x600, 107K)

Ok what now?

Attached: 190516-00.55.04.png (534x825, 844K)

>spell with a cooldown
X doubt

I figure that they've been imbued with their powers because of the superstitions of the people. Like how Suzaku got her power to revive the dead after people had assumed she had the ability. But they were abnormal even before they had caught the attention of people and evolved into auspices.

>install body mod for lalafell expecting it to work across the board and give me more of an actual body shape instead of a literal potato
>actually only works when completely nude
wow what's the fucking point

spell with a cooldown when the whole point is red mage can ignore cast-times to boot

Yeah im sure they're going to make a job that has all the best buffs and a raise.

how stupid are you

dumb brainlet
man you are really stupid

Fuck this garbage. Where's Kenzsoft's shit coming out?

>Encourage people to try DNC
Huh? People are going to flock to it in droves, it's one of the most requested jobs and it's a DPS, meaning even more people can play it.

>Suzaku
When someone mentions Suzaku I feel compelled to post her battle theme

youtube.com/watch?v=U3m8GewVWQk

Attached: 1550311415013.png (500x375, 276K)

DNC having a res is outside even what it did in XI, he's jumped the shark

Just buy a few Fantasias and make your perfect Bun and Lizard in the character creator. If you feel like moving back just use the one you've saved in the creator

which mod, though? asking for a friend

This would be more believable as a PLD ability

People just like making fake leaks out of their wish-lists I guess.

Speedrun

>tfw I was at the tour today
>potency of all RDM skills sliced in half
bros.....

you can strategically turn off darkside for bosses with long downtime to recharge mp, but only do it if its for an amount of time that would result in a net gain in mp (since you're gonna spend mp to turn it back on again when the downtime is over)

only if we can cast twice as fast

go nuts, i don't have a use for it xivmodarchive.com/mod/shapely_taters

Barely changes shit.

Fresh from the press tour here. For the sake of healer balance SCH is being turned into a limited job where you get to command minions in an isometric TRPG. BLU is becoming a full job though so please look forward to it.

you would think someone already would have posted a blurry screenshot of the media tour already

yeah exactly why i don't get the point of it in the first place
maybe i'm just not degenerate enough for modding

Just buy one on the MB if you want it that much.

>new to Bard
>actually having fun doing DPS
>but feel completely lost not tanking for a change

Attached: 07.jpg (3840x2160, 1.18M)

you kid but i'd take that

>RDM losing manafication
RDM BROS WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE GOING TO DOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1540933987635.jpg (400x416, 20K)

why can't i get 60fps in this game

Attached: specs.jpg (655x454, 67K)

he's in

Attached: mrhappy.jpg (894x670, 160K)

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The way the game was designed, every single piece of gear is a unique model that gets swapped out. It's not like it's a universal mesh+applicable texture+particles and accessories that could be easily altered by changing the base body. SE of course likes its corner cutting, so in some cases pieces are shared directly(Mi'qote and Au'Ra female armor for example). Even within these pieces some parameters aren't consistent. Like between two body armors the size of your boobs can end up radically different. It gets even worse for potatoes, because male and female use the exact same resources outside of the gender-locked gear. Fixing this problem would require every model to be redone by hand, and REALLY fixing it would require some crazy shit like extending the databases and otherwise fucking with things that would break the game every time SE changed something on their end. It's far too massive a project for the various enthusiasts/hobbyists that work on models to do anything with beyond barebones edits.

cast times are doubled I'm afraid. We actually asked about that and Yoshi went on a huge fucking rant about how much he hated red mages and red mage players.
The phrase "lame as a nigger's baby" was thrown around quite a lot in reference to their intelligence. It was quite shocking. Oh also as a side note Foul is getting buffed to have a potency of 1500
here's the press conference, there was lots of soda and lizards

Attached: 18997.gif (350x295, 1.16M)

citation

Mr. Happy is such a little bitch. Fucking rambles and goes off on tangents. MTQ is so much better.

Got to play an early trial fight, the fairy bitch whos name i dont remember
they're gonna have it playable at e3 so i think its the same build

anyway, its pretty boring

>nerfing one of the weaker DPS jobs
You guys are getting sucked into fake leaks. RDM is fine.

I hope the leaker that shit on him before is there to meet him.

>Haha lol I got to go to the media event for a game I don't care enough about to even remember a single name

OT has two roles for the most part, party utility and damage
MT has one role, effective damage mitigation (aggro is another but aggro in 4.0 is a fucking joke)

For now I see WAR staying MT because IB is a good class interaction. Remove Shake it Off so it doesnt bleed into OT roles and you can call it even. PLD needs its damage cut to keep its party utility because it encroaches on the other role of OT too easily. PLD either needs to lose damage or the 2nd OT needs to gain as much utiility as PLD has. I would rather them split PLD and DRK into Utility and Damage OTs than homogenize them, but that's preference. GUN (or DRK) will probably be the other MT and focus on something WAR does not (which is fucking nothing because WAR is a god MT, it needs vengeance removed probably and rely more on IB and make IB more accessible so its more of a burst mitigation tank)

Lot of jumbled thoughts thrown together but I think that makes sense in my head.

I have an alt, too.
Send help.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-15 19.13.13.png (737x460, 141K)

i figured it was something like this as soon as i realized i looked exactly the same while still in armor, i'm just used to things with a unique mesh and then armor that gets slapped on top of it which is why i was surprised by it being specific models. i just kind of wanted a bit of an actual shape but considering i play tanks i can just cover up in armor anyway

Attached: taru.jpg (1089x1500, 544K)

is this why they're experimenting with body types?

Attached: 1553306063875.jpg (1918x989, 243K)

M8 i barely remember the names of half the shit in the game, i just play for fun
No idea why i was even invited to go, i was just a tag along with a media friend

The fight is basically as boring as lakshmi, all style and no substance. Just shows how much of nothing will change

liked and subscribed

I'll play a fat cat ninja all day.

Then post job leaks nigger

>I believe random retards online

Attached: 1BA1293D-7FE5-4957-9937-DEB554FB43A1.gif (240x320, 1.67M)

at least mr happy will make guides for fights he's cleared at the time

Thanks for the (you) hon.

You really think someone would do that? Just go online and tell lies?

I hate being a FC leader. I feel like I have to log on everyday or else everything falls apart within the FC.

cringepilled

can you stop responding to obvious bait

Give it to someone else.

she has good taste in memes

Attached: wat.jpg (416x345, 14K)

Leaks aren't fake, it wasn't playable but the tour staff were talking up the WHM rework a lot.
Black Mages getting huge buffs/simplification across the board as well.

Based Yoshi P buffing the only good job.

They didn't go super in dept with that stuff, it was mostly showing off the main selling points of the expansion that they pretty much talked about in the live letters. With the addition of having a battle challenge so the media can get a feel for the tone of the expansion first hand.

You'll see some articles crop up in like a week or two talking about it

>cringe
Says the kiddo replying to an avatar poster in the first place.

hunterchads got the best women

if they're so real post a single GUN or DNC skill name
just one
and even just the name
that way we'll find out if a leak was actually real or not since it's usually only the tooltips that tend to be a little fucky

you're bullshitting, i know for a fact the rough basics of what was available in there and you haven't mentioned any of it.

Divine Waltz
Full Bore

Final Fantasy is doing well

Attached: Particularly_FFXIV_0.png (889x1306, 667K)

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW I'VE BEEN POSTING "LAZY HACK SHILL KIKE TRANNY YOSHIDA" FOR MONTHS NOW AND I'M NOT ABOUT TO HAVE MY HARD WORK FOILED BY YOU

>half-made races and no content info is enough to make the game sell

Sure you do user. Does your dad work at Nintendo?

Shouldn't he be pissed? He wants people to unsubscribe. This is a nightmare for him.

>Wildfire removed
>MCH gets lead shot and another dot at 80
>Gauss Round cd has a chance of resetting upon either of these dots critting

>Make MCH literally BRD
>With 2 DoTs River of Blood and everything

Fake and trannypilled

>meanwhile
forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/01/04/in-2019-the-state-of-activision-blizzard-is-not-strong/#2e7b26123039

t. bad at the game.

>taking a shitpost this seriously

mad and kiritopilled

WoW's "not going strong" is still much higher than XIV's all-time highest. But keep on dreaming and deluding yourself into thinking your 500k active sub MMO is even slightly relevant.

>Kiritopilled
>Mad that MCH's gun does NOT bring death

Hoo-wee what a scene!

>AMD

There's your problem.

>8gb

I'm surprised you can even run the game with other applications running.

>responding to a reply about a reply to an avatar poster
Cringe

The funniest part is that they're not potatoes in official art.

Attached: 1553352725425.jpg (1600x1100, 296K)

SEETHING

>being an intel cuck
AMD cpu can run this game at 60 fps just fine, just not that one

GOD I JUST WANT TO BURY MY FACE IN SWEATY VIERA ASS I WANT TO RUB MY NOSE AGAINST VIERA BUTTHOLE AND INDULGE IN THE SCENT GOD I NEED IT I WANT TO SPREAD THOSE CHEEKS AND USE THE FULL WIDTH OF MY TONGUE TO GIVE THEIR ASSES LONG SLOW LICKS SO THAT MY TASTEBUDS FULLY COME TO APPRECIATE EVERY WRINKLE GLIDING ACROSS MY TONGUE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHH GIVE ME THE BUNNY BOOTY I NEED IT ON MY FACE I NEED IT ON MY FACE I WANT TO CUM ALL OVER BROWN BOOTY CHEEKS AND GLAZE THEM LIKE DONUTS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK I STROKE MY PATHETIC COCK TO THE THOUGHT EVERY NIGHT

why are incels always so cringy

This guy fucks

Have sex

What is the definition of going strong? If their current, ie lowest, point is still a league above ffxiv, what does that truly say?

So I've been thinking bros...
ARR dungeons were really good. Heavensward and Stormblood dungeons are really shit.

All of the old dungeons had actual content to them. You'd need to accomplish side objectives on order to progress through the dungeon. Nowadays it's always just a constant tank-and-spank through what is fundamentally a narrow corridor with no thought or anything put in to it.

Why the hell did it come to this? Why did they make dungeons so damn boring while making the old ones unique and interesting?

>Why did they make dungeons so damn boring while making the old ones unique and interesting?
Appealing to ADHD zoomers who want everything to be given to them as quickly and conveniently as possible.

if by ARR dungeons you mean the pre lvl 50 ones where they didnt have safety net walls its because people whined about tanks pulling too much so they had to make them retard proof

Trying to create visual spectacle content forgetting nobody cares after the first run

yeah 1.0 dungeons actually were meaningful
yoshi the cuck ruined it

>All of the old dungeons had actual content to them. You'd need to accomplish side objectives on order to progress through the dungeon.
behold, the one person in the world who likes Totorak

one thing that always gets me about you roleplaying perverts is how descriptive and creative you guys type out your sentences, all that flowery text just to share your love about assholes

mmm yeah just love stopping to pick up lantern oil and opening doors with lantern oil very intriguing

When you think about buttholes everyday for the last 10+ years, you find fun and lewd ways to describe the sex acts you'd like to do with them.

Attached: 1547000885971.png (891x1643, 1.61M)

You have to run the same dungeon hundreds of times. It's just how it gotta be.
If you want long dungeon adventures then do Eureka 5.0 and do world first Baldesion Arsenal 5.0.

I'm for dungeons that aren't hallways of trash inbetween boss fights, but lets not pretend ARR dungeons weren't just that, except with tedious collecting of photocells or dying of old age standing in a magitek circle so the door can open

Attached: 1525558663517.gif (178x188, 152K)

>meaningless side shit is fun
kill yourself and fuck off to your classic wow threads. Nobody gives a shit about tedious garbage, they want to have fun

because people are always gonna go for the most optimal route, any of you nerds remember the fucking maze that was the beta tamtara dungeon? People actually timed out because it took so long to clear every room

Actually they were gated because people were ignoring mobs then dying and reviving the party.

oh sweet mother, yes

Hm, good point.
Maybe there's a middle ground to be made? Like randomly generated puzzles in a dungeon that give bigger rewards upon completion? Sort of like a cross between Treasure Maps and normal dungeon content.

>immediately deleted
Good god, what was it?

skinned potato

What I'd like to start seeing is dungeons with various branched segments, and it's completely random each time which ones you go through. Maybe even add spots where players get split up and dying/completely fucking up your section doesn't leave you stranded or screw anyone else, you just don't get additional personal rewards that people with functioning brain cells enjoy.

youtu.be/WmJxkVbowSI
dungeons have been increasing bad. 1.0 > ARR > HW>SB. I have low expectation on ShB dungeons

nobody really cares about the content-packed dungeons after the first run unless they're doing a relic, so why bother

Sometimes I close my eyes and rim the shit out of a bag of gummy lifesavers and pretend I'm eating a cute girls' butthole. I've never done it but I have to imagine that the texture is similar even if the taste isn't as good as a real butt hole

Attached: 1551569609532.png (200x194, 21K)

They don't need to be on at all times. People that tell you that are shit tanks. Before I quit last time I was doing full dungeon runs without Grit.

shut the fuck up moron, 1.0 was objectively terrible, so terrible in fact that it almost made SE go bankrupt you braindead contrarian retard

Just buy one of those fleshlights with a realistic butthole entrance. I eat the one I have when I fap sometimes.

>just run past ALL the mobs not doing anything
>but its ok because party size is 7 and animations ar ebetter
yikes...

a tank needs tank stance if he's playing with good DPS, or else they'll just constantly pull hate

Your average DF shitter isnt on that level so you can run without tank stance for a majority of it

When fighting bosses, I start my rotation for PLD with Shield Lob>Flash x2>Enmity combo. Is this enough to hold aggro through most DPS openers?

>viera porn increased since ShB's announcement

Attached: 1551303040991.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

lmao at all the retards believing this shit with no proof

I believe the tank stuff because its what I want to happen and it feels like the logical conclusion we have been leaning toward. Its clear with each expansion players want to deal less and less with enmity and Yoshi hates the western meta tank stance dancing nonsense. It also makes sense that they would specialize OT/MT tanks by their skills instead of just how their tank stance operates.

heh

Attached: bunny.jpg (550x719, 106K)

Are you a grill irl? I play a Duskwight Elezen DRK, we can work something out.

It should be Kuga-ne
くがね

>It also makes sense that they would specialize OT/MT tanks by their skills instead of just how their tank stance operates.
It's just PLDtards who think offtank is a dirty word.

>It also makes sense that they would specialize OT/MT tanks by their skills instead of just how their tank stance operates.
but thats how its always been

Quite possibly because your CPU is literally 12 years old.

Fact... with one exception. The French.

>guy in my FC has offered to buy a Tidus or Yuna outfit on mogstation for anyone who sends him feet pics on Discord
>at least 4 people have done it so far that we know of
3 girls and 1 guy

Attached: 1551041407324.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

I refuse to say it like that

Good dps use diversion and enmity sinks so it's not needed there either.

ok, uncle sam

Attached: 1556027148959.jpg (756x1000, 218K)

Isn't that illegal.

Kino is back on the menu lads, are you pumped?

Not until i see the balance changes

based tarantino

true

Ilsabard sounds similar to Scandinavia in a way. Garlemand is more or less techno germany+scandinavia I guess though Limsans have some inspiration from there too it's not as big far as I know.

this post confuses me so much
how can you know so little about this game

they are baiting

Attached: 1557962899659.png (629x653, 40K)

i think it's still gonna increase dps ;^)

Replying to myself for once but while I still think Scandinavia is Ilsabard Garlemand being Bong-based might actually be a thing then if that map is anything to go by.

The only fucking change I want is them removing the target requirement for overpower

Attached: 1555398524066.png (141x58, 16K)

NO NO NO NO WOWBROS WHAT WILL WE DO
WE WERE SUPPOSE TO GO BACK HOME

>flash
Nigger what are you doing

This but with Hrothgar

>15 minutes of ignoring mobs and running through a dark, narrow cave

GUNchads will be OT of course so we can focus on doing big dick DPS without having to do gay shit like mechanics

I expect DRKs and PLDs go back into the cuckshed again, I think WAR will be buffed into supermode again

Attached: seifer2.jpg (640x343, 21K)

>BRD got refresh
>BRD got refresh
Try harder

I'm getting more excited now that it's actually getting closer, my hype levels were pretty minimal compared to most coming out of the fanfests themselves.

>1.0 dungs
>good
Fuck, no.

He might mean they got it as an actual BRD skill instead of it being a cross role thing since cross role skills seem to be gone.

Wait, if cross role skills are gone....this means DRK is probably getting Shadowskin back. Expansion's already 10/10 pack it up

He means after the TP/MP changes they're all the same skill. MCH gets Promotion/Tactician and BRD gets Refresh but they do the same thing since we only have MP now.

Wasn't even really lewd, just a nice lookin potato-ass.

>mfw this starts playing
>youtube.com/watch?v=v9Y1-faYt2I

such a good raid, the last encounter was pure kino

Attached: stylings.jpg (473x1054, 81K)

It's obviously not true though since they'd replace role actions with something else but all they say is that role actions are gone, when really its more likely things like goad would get cut because TP doesnt exist, or just retooled to restore MP while bloodbath can stay entirely

Why would they replace them? They're just going to pick the 3-4 ones everyone picks and put them directly into the job's skillset during leveling.

not to mention the amount of mhiggers you have to deal with into that place, it's a good thing we are getting out of that fucking nigger zone

Attached: 1553298131189.gif (350x350, 251K)

So what role abilities are useful for drk?

All of them are useful in certain circumstances and there's no reason to not have them all slotted besides hotbar clutter.

All of them.

All of them, since they now allow you to equip them all instead of only 5 theres no reason not to.

Guy who made this
youtube.com/watch?v=FwQf6H7ESo4

I hope this isn't bullshit, because instant egi response to commands is something SMN has desperately fucking needed ever since ARR came out.

What should I do instead, then? Some openers are high in emnity generation, even with Shield Oath, a single use of my aggro combo, and Circle of Scorn weaved in.

>tfw PLD hotbar clutter on PS4
yoshi pls

Attached: heart-attack-3-300px.jpg (422x281, 35K)

Aerslaent seems more like Scandinavia, at least with their culture, and Idyllshire England (although they're culturally Greek). I think if you look at the world map you should imagine that western Europe is under the water above Eorzea.

Attached: 8jzsuxz2s38y.png (1790x1504, 1.25M)

>playing blatantly overpowered job
>good

So whats the client side trainer people use for stupid screenshots?

Attached: ffxiv_04282019_143010_165.jpg (1920x1080, 538K)

>playing blatantly overpowered job
All of them?

>"you can finally pet actions on the hotbar"
>but you can already do that

Attached: 1553445395586.jpg (391x409, 36K)