“Right now we’re in the middle of designing something that has never been done before...

>“Right now we’re in the middle of designing something that has never been done before. I know a lot of people say that, but the game we’re working on truly is unlike anything else,”
>“Even for our varied history of veteran game developers, this is something that has never been designed before. So from a game design perspective, we’re very excited right now.”

What are they working on, Yea Forums? What are your hopes?

Attached: Platinumgames.png (670x393, 18K)

Kamiya Twitter Simulator

probably a game

I'm gonna guess a fighting game, which would be pretty cool considering that I find the current fighting game market quite bland and stagnant.

>Made one decent game twenty years ago
Fuck off, Clover.

(PS)VR first person character action.

and is that correctly translated? Something they've never done before, or something no one has done before?

I'm fairly sure fighting games have been done

It would help if they precised that the statement "has never been done" meant "by them" or "ever by any company and fighting game dev".
If it's "by them" then it could also be a fighting game.

>fighting game dev
*game dev

It's yet another beat'em up

Attached: 1557864672195.jpg (600x800, 70K)

You say that like it's a bad thing.

it's going to be the same shit they always do but with some gimmick like first person perspective or flying

yikes

What about bayo 3 kamiya, where is it.

I think the phrase "... the game we’re working on truly is unlike anything else" indicates it's a wholly unique concept. But I dunno

It doesn't matter because no matter how good or bad it is, their fanbase will complain it's not a half-assed Bayonetta clone

Yeah, but it could still mean that it's something that is novel FOR THEM and not to the whole industry. It's one of those things that may be lost in translation.

Yeah but fighting games with good controls is a novel concept.

I don't know what you mean by "good controls" but if you're implying that you want a fighting game without motions then look for Granblue Fantasy Versus.

A new Metal Gear game with gameplay we have never seen before. Konami have been funding this for well over a year now. Screencap this.

MMO Puzzle game

RTS Brawler.

Kamiya is obsessed with that Tetris Battle Royale game, so I think you're up to something.

Excited for whatever it is. Platinum have been pretty much making variations on a theme for 10 years now, it's nice to see them switch things up.

See that's what I thought as well. Voice-command card battle and idol management sim whatever. But no matter the combination it's stuff people have done before, just slapped together.

superior limb based combat is the best control scheme ever devised

Sorry to inform you but its a mobile game for apple devices

Attached: FEE58C29-25AA-4473-BF4D-82D804B0403C.jpg (1600x905, 120K)

Already been done, it was called puzzle pirates and I am pretty sure it still exists.
Pretty good fun from what I remember.

N-word Simulator 2020

Over the shoulder cinematic experience

Win the race war... WITH STYLE!

>Right now we’re in the middle of designing something that has never been done before

I fucking hate it when devs, publishers or the media talks like this. Its always something completely underwhelming like when the NX that was going to "change gaming" was just a fucking portable 360 with Nintendo games on it.

Every time. I don't believe a word devs/pubs say until I actually see results.

It's an 60fps melee action game with a parry system

Attached: This is the Moenados power.png (500x500, 88K)

Except the switch did change gaming

>360
underselling it. Much closer to a vanilla xbox one than the ancient tech of the 360

Turn based tetris. With crafting.

it really fucking hasn't. Its just a handheld.

Why would anyone give PG the time of the day after their recent blunders?

A fishing racing game.

they deserve tribute for all the cum spilled fapping to 2B

because they actually make daring games not generic shit

Stylish chess action game.

Oh wow another Bayonetta rip off game! How exciting!!

Platinum have had a mobile game in the works for a few years now.