FFXIV Shadowbringers

>Faith and optimism : gone edition

Attached: 1557913466598.png (1900x1113, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rRISdYOQ5o0?t=135
youtube.com/watch?v=52yBBrF8fr8
twitch.tv/videos/399656090
talktotransformer.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>splits EU
>now both daily DCs AND no players
haha

Attached: jfc.png (392x140, 108K)

POST SOME FUCKING LEAKS ALREADY
THE EU MEDIA TOUR STARTED HOURS AGO

Attached: gengo.jpg (816x568, 20K)

he looks pretty happy as monk tho

He aged like 20 years in less than 10 and looks so unhappy. Isn't this guy supposed to be (us)? My WoL is always fucking goofie and happy

please reply I don't want to go back to /xivg/

POST ASS

it only started like 2 hours ago, everyone is probably still at the event

I can queue with you if you are on Light.

Gods I fucking hate mhiggers
Who's with me?

Attached: 1553445395586.jpg (391x409, 36K)

Why are midlanders manlets?

Attached: 1461918861497.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

Things kind of went to shit by the end of HW, wouldn't be surprised if there was some deep-rooted trauma there.

It is a local custom amongst players on the Ultros server to /throw and /laugh at members of this FC for good luck. If you visit Ultros, please remember to adhere to this custom in respect of the server's culture!

Attached: forwardslashthrow.jpg (582x417, 65K)

YoshiP here,
You faggots are not getting any leaks this time, lest the leakers want to join BLUfever at the bottom of the ocean.

Attached: 1533943545296.jpg (594x334, 22K)

Is Lysa going to be a thing the whole fucking expansion? I'm about halfway through the expansions story but holy shit did this expansion ruin her character. She was much better as the goofy brawler rather than this. She fucks up 100% of the time and tries to take the center stage every cutscene and take the credit for everything I do. She's worse than that titty monster from the main game when it comes to taking the credit holy shit

I'm on Light, but I gave up, went to do housework.

So he's going to be sporting a full grey beard by in 2 expansions, isn't he?

Nice try MrCrappy.
Leakers will again as usual

Attached: blu.jpg (2000x2000, 2.81M)

>50/60 roulette
No one does it other than new players in my experience, since every time I do it for tank roulette I have to explain all the boss mechanics.

Why isn't BLU playable normally? I know nothing about the class other than how they get their skills- would they be OP in group play?

She has a much reduced presence in the patch storyline.

They couldn't be ass to balance it.

Of all the lyse memes, stolen valor is literally the one thing she doesnt do

>take the credit for everything I do
This literally never happens. She even up and says right to your face that she didn't do anything and feels bad about it.

Stormblood has been pretty shit but this music gets me pumped every time.

youtu.be/rRISdYOQ5o0?t=135

I dont like the fact that they are losing Japanese aesthetics as they are adapting realism and detailed graphics more and more

now it looks like one of boring western MMOs

It's more that she gets any credit for anything at all, because she literally does nothing but follow you around for the entire expansion and get mad at peasants.

What is Revenge Twofold of SB?

However she acted, you would all totally do Lyse.

t.stormblood babby
what's japanese aesthetic about this

Attached: isyu04.png (630x360, 679K)

Holy shit lads. I just tanked fucking Susano, are all the primals this expansion going to be this Kino or did the expansion blow it's load early?

Doesn't have one. It's been Triumph the whole expansion.

Wait for MSQ final trial.

People leveling alt-jobs do it, it's certainly more populated than level 70 roulette and faster to get into in busier hours than leveling.

I want the old Lyse back

Oh so that's what GAF is now? I didn't know that was them since the name just seemed like a pun and I didn't read their description and make the connection to ReeeEra. Will be sure to blame them for every early pulled hunt

Wyrm's Tail. First time crossing over for Shinryu EX was so kino I shed a tear

i feel like lakshmi was a weak point but everything else afterward is very good

I mean if you insist. The only thing I see is that the graphics are getting better. We just went through an entire expansion of Ishgard which might as well have been the setting of the long since canned 'fortress'

Attached: tVnCcSN.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

It's great for leveling. Gives you poetics for ironworks/shire gear/upgrades and gives you as much EXP as leveling and a lot more if you're in the low 50s and has a higher chance of being better than leveling in the low 60s too

>4.0 SCH was fine, SCH players are just cry babies

Attached: WHY SE.jpg (424x960, 81K)

literally everyone who has ever said that never played 4.0 SCH and only played it in 4.05 or later

Is it? I've been doing it since I've trying to learn how to tank better since I wanted to try GUN but didn't want to be "that one tank whose clearly never played it before, only pulls one pack, doesn't use cooldowns, and does less DPS than the healer" and figured it would be better than leveling for actually learning a bit more at how tank plays and what's expected of it mechanics wise. I'd been told that it wasn't actually worth doing for rewards.

Fucking love how well that shit sync.
Gave me chill everytime.

unironically if you want to get rid of tank anxiety just go dungeoneering with your adventure babies

Was the WoL a monk or samurai this expansion?

it would probably be less valuable for gunbreaker since you'll probably have it fully geared at 60 already, but it still gives good EXP. Most of the dungeons go faster than leveling dungeons too since you often get RDMs/SAMs in the 50 dungeons and even dumbasses who don't know how to play melt things at level 50 as RDM/SAM

GOD I JUST WANT TO BURY MY FACE IN SWEATY VIERA ASS I WANT TO RUB MY NOSE AGAINST VIERA BUTTHOLE AND INDULGE IN THE SCENT GOD I NEED IT I WANT TO SPREAD THOSE CHEEKS AND USE THE FULL WIDTH OF MY TONGUE TO GIVE THEIR ASSES LONG SLOW LICKS SO THAT MY TASTEBUDS FULLY COME TO APPRECIATE EVERY WRINKLE GLIDING ACROSS MY TONGUE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHH GIVE ME THE BUNNY BOOTY I NEED IT ON MY FACE I NEED IT ON MY FACE I WANT TO CUM ALL OVER BROWN BOOTY CHEEKS AND GLAZE THEM LIKE DONUTS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK I STROKE MY PATHETIC COCK TO THE THOUGHT EVERY NIGHT

Attached: ed1f47ee8806a6c40bb9b1b671a48749.jpg (563x1000, 133K)

yes

Ranger -> Warrior -> Dragoon -> monk iirc

I just finished the DRK quests. You guys hyped them up to be something pretty spectacular, and I was definitely not disappointed. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the job, but it was absolutely worth leveling just to experience the kino.

Attached: drk kino.png (356x99, 32K)

So is FFXIV ever going to break away from the human female body ratio being applied to EVERY female character? I'm getting so sick of it

Triump was great, but fuck me, it gets old. I had stupid grin when Revenge Twofold started playing in Arboretum and Fractal HM

What's an adventure baby? Squadron? And I'm a lot less anxious than when I first started, the only time I worry now is if the healer is bad since then I'm concerned about dying in a big pull or the healer having an aneurysm right before a pull and suddenly stopping dead in their tracks and getting left behind. Since then I feel like I'm slowing everyone down by pulling smaller.
I've only just got to HSW so I figured learning how to tank in a 50/60 environment would be good rather than trying to push through the newer dungeons with sub-par gear.

>what is aetherflow and energy drain

Fuck you. PLD got absolutely fucked storyline wise. It was pure Kino in the base game but heavensward and stormblood ruined everything

shut up furry

In reference to healer synergy, you'll start to get a feel the more pugs you do. The more pugs you do the more comfortable you become with judging your healers. The more comfortable you become at judging your healers the better you get at rotating your cooldowns which let you pull big anyways.

Getting over the initial hurdle and actually just actively tanking with real people are the only things that are actually hard. Everything else is just you practicing until you learn to feel out how good or shit your team is.

If I haven't been told nothing but lies, the main writer for the DRK quests is gonna be handling a lot more of the MSQ for ShB.
She also wrote a good chunk of the Azim Steppe MSQ content for SB.

PLD in ARR is cringeworthy.

Susano has the most kino VA out of all certainly
>LET THE REVELS BEGIN
>THE SEAS PART FOR WE ALONE
>WILD AND PURE AND FOREVER FREE
>HOW OUR HEARTS SING IN THE CHAOS
>EARTH AND STONE AT OUR BECK AND CALL

>English VA

The voice was Kino tho, I agree

you can make a fantasy game based on medieval eruropean setting by Japanese sense and aesthetics. do you really think final fantasy games are "western" just because it borrows themes and designs heavily from western things? its still super Japanese.

Give me my Gunbreaker and Viera so I can have a bunny girl dressed like the image.
I will then handle things from there.
Also since the devs solved the headgear issue, give me a Stetson and that'll be it.

Attached: 300px-Gunbreaker_concept_art.jpg (300x424, 25K)

haha get fucked boy scout pld job quests were always boring just like the job

What's literally the point of Vierra if they left out the Amazonian body type and just took the put bunny ears on the catgirls

Since gunbreaker is getting the ammo mechanic, are they going to snatch our ammo out of MCH

cringe

I can't hear you over my 12 damage reduction cooldowns going off DRK wimp

Attached: v1opnz.png (443x195, 5K)

They didn't solve it, they just finished minor headpieces like glasses, which they had previously announced anyway.

People play MCH? They need something really crazy. Like a big summoneable mech or whatever to draw interest.

monk and after zenos kicked his ass sam

>The music shift for when he gets huge
ABSOLUTELY KINO

DEAD GAME.

IT WAS OUR EXPANSION MNKBROS
HOW COULD THEY LET US DOWN FOR SOME SHITTY WEEBFAGGOTS?!

Attached: 1556666405540.png (710x842, 396K)

So fun backstory time.
I was so happy with MCH. So so happy. And initially I thought that the sky was the limit. I dreamed of new turret modes, multiple types of barrel we attached to our guns, different gadgets, new wildfire mechanics, and maybe even like our own suit of magitech armor we could use for a single attack.

When I read about heat that was weird but that was okay I thought. If only I knew.

maybe they're finally releasing the benchmark...

Japanese is still better
>KA KA KA

Not in a million years.

>le wacky jap laugh using different kana
No thank you.

The only Primal you could hang out with

Attached: cursed.png (560x560, 153K)

Are we ever going to find out what the pope in heavensward saw in us and made him shit his pants when we beat him? I doubt it's the Echo that makes the WoL unbeatable.

They've always been this. At the very least they're tall, about as tall as femroes anyway.

Attached: 4c1e7960dff401b656c1e6e66a5aaf2a.jpg (750x1400, 83K)

We're an ascian with amnesia

I believe Koji answered that, it's nothing important.

...I hope they stop adding jobs. It's getting a bit fucking crazy. That said, the only Final fantasy jobs we miss are union knight, alchemist and runeblade.

Based devs didn’t let us down and put SAM in the shed for the entirety of their own expansion.

>people picked up off the street in Yorkshire and put in a mic booth
That's a no from me

Attached: penn_jillette.jpg (300x400, 31K)

So
Is there any WoL lewds?

thordan thought himself a hero and in the right
so he basically saw us, from his view, as some sort of terrifying evil force
it's one of those weird things that the dev team fucks up with like that creepy smirk tataru did during the 2.0 post quests

Is it possible that the WoL is a primal seeing Primals get stronger the more creatures believe in them? Considering we go around helping people all over the world which makes them believe in us?

Viera are still large and amazon like, of course we dont really know how much but they are comparable to the size of roes.

Attached: unknown.png (831x849, 1.53M)

The autist in my legit thought that she was going to betray us or something because of that weird expression every cutscene

The difference is my greentext is an actual cliche of Japanese writing and yours is just some made up garbage.

>That said, the only Final fantasy jobs we miss are union knight, alchemist and runeblade.

dude no
>beastmaster
>puppeteer
>geomancer
>corsair
>gambler
>viking
>ranger

and then there's a bunch of ff tactics job as well

>Is it possible that the WoL is a primal
Not this shit again.

That's how valve made tf2

No stop, this is going to bring that "Koji did nothing wrong and Midgardsormr wasn't threatening us" guy back

Mod your game

Well 2 of those were already confirmed as limited jobs.

I wonder how an Onion knight could be done. Maybe it gets skills from other jobs you have maxed?

MCH needs a complete redesign. Use crazy gadgets and gameplay that revolves around setting up your tools and machinery to optimize damage while squeezing in gunshots wherever you can. Not this dumb heat shit.

She caught you checking her in her swimwear.
Its hinting her sly nature as her many 'paramours' in Kugane would attest.

I keep seeing this hunk on FF discussions, who's him?

Attached: 1554290778041.jpg (1004x746, 69K)

nah he'll stay fucked off i assume since it's a dev team mistake, not related to koji at all

cat

Attached: D6mdhlQWsAAEbgf.png (799x1200, 1.16M)

roe females have a massive height disparity between min and max, my max height elezen was an inch or so taller than fran minus ears. min height femroe is smaller than max height fem elezen, but their max height is only 2 inches shorter than male roe

>Beastmaster
>Puppeteer
Going to be limited
>Geomancer
Relegated to NPCs, already essentially confirmed as just the Othard interpretation of White Mage/Astrologian
>Corsair
Covered by MCH
>Viking
Covered by Warrior
>Ranger
Covered by Bard
>Gambler
Maybe, but the problem is thinking of a niche for it in XIV's system.

Please post more, user.
I need more leaks

Attached: buty.gif (440x300, 1001K)

It's a common theory? I dunno, I find it weird to think that the WoL is "just that good" Things just got very weird with the Knights of the round.

>Primals get stronger the more faith they gather
>Primals from small tribes push WoL to his/her limit.
>Church uses 1000 years of propoganda to collect 1000 years of faith to create the ultimate primal, Knights of the round.
>WoL dunks on KoTR so hard they crawl away from you in fear

"I'm just a normal person with the echo lol."

the protagonist aka your character

He’s the main character. Since you can create your own character in FFXIV they just use the generic human dude to represent them in CGI cinematics.

warrior of light aka derplander aka arbert, he's the CGI stand-in for the player character

There's also a lot of room to overlap with TO:LUCT since Yoshi loves that game and loves Matsuno

Sometimes I look at my achievement list and I still think about that one user who said he was trying to get a perfect achievement character.

Oh I was hoping he was a npc.

The true nature and backstory of the WoL is intentionally kept vague so you can roleplay them however you like. There's no special or sinister reason that we are so powerful, we're literally just the chosen one.

It's up.

So why is this guy never hanging out with his party from the original FFXIV cinematics and the realm reborn opening trailer? They seemed like such bro's

technically he is, but it's a story related spoiler

He is in a weird interdimensional way, a bunch of clones of the trailer characters show up calling themselves the warriors of darkness

What's up?

Not much, what's up with you?

My dick.

Ligma

Speaking of backstory. If you transported your character from the original FFXIV you're a person who jumped 5 years into the future and lost your memory, right? And if you joined in realm reborn like me you're just some random zoomer trash who wanted to become an adventurer?

Yes pretty much

yes

And thanks to our inner DRK we turn into Hitler.
It happened once, it will happen again.

He wasn't threatening us though

Realistically we only have mime/morpher, sage(?), Chemist, Mystic Knight, and TO jobs if Yoshi uses them. Else it's going to be OC donnut steel jobs from here on out.

It gets posted all the time

If you transfered your Legacy character they didn't actually lose their memory and a lot of scenes in ARR are slightly different to account for what you did during 1.0. I don't think there was really anything like that from HW onwards anymore though.

>Who are you fighting in 5.0? Garlean Empire!
>Actually you're going to The First
>Every map is actually a 2.0 rehash
>Empire is the Lv80 MSQ Dungeon
I'll come back during free logins to do the Nier raids but that's about it.

I suppose the primal theory is impossible because you would be corrupting and enthralling non-echo'd people nonstop while traveling the world.

we won't fight the empire till 7.0

The cinematic characters are non-canon in the actual game, they appear referentially as the host bodies of the warriors of darkness from the First.

I feel like Chemist is like the only job left that would have a unique enough role, everything else already seems covered. Corsair got split into astroligan and MCH for example.

>astrologian is the reason why we won't have a proper corsair or geomancer
fuck this job

I wouldn't be surprised if they only add 1 new job in 6.0, a healer, then say that's the last job XIV is getting because they have too many.

>Empire is the Lv80 MSQ Dungeon
Fucking Al Amigo

Can someone explain to me why the empire keeps fighting us with rogue/single legions and doesn't just use it's entire army to crush all Opposition? Every expantion when we've beaten the empire they basically go "Lol, this was just a single legion, our entire army would crush you ez"

Sometimes after a Frontlines match I'll randomly get 50-100 extra wolf marks and exp. Does anyone know what that's about?

Logistics.

They are busy occupying all the other territory they've annexed. You gotta remember the Empire has only been around for about 50 years, they're not that big in terms of native citizens.

You won't get gambler either.

Primals are all myths and legends based on popular imaginings of a singular person or multiple people. Shiva is the false personification of Lady Shiva, who was definitely not an ice mage. Ramuh is the cabbage people's take on Rhalgr, both old men with lightning hands.
The closest we could possibly get to a primal WoL is word of mouth reaching the western continent of a single person powerful enough to take on entire armies and blowing the WoL's deeds out of proportion.

you losing so much you get bonus

Wasn't that what Gymlit Dark was? Or did I misunderstand that?

What western continent?

The "New World" which isn't show on the map. Just think of the current map of the planet as the Eurasian Continent+Africa.

In 2.0, Gaius was essentially by himself with the XIVth legion. The emperor had told him to abandon Eorzea, but he refused.
In 3.0, the empire was largely uninterested, considering Dravania was well out of reach of their main body.
In 4.0, it was a main plot point that the empire could rally a good portion of it's army to re-take ala mhigo and yanxia, which is essentially everything from the burn to the ghymlit dark.
Everything's been explained, if you don't skip cutscenes.

Oh, those injun looking guys?

Mech should have a literal ammo mechanic.

You have X shots of an Ammo type with cooldowns, and cycle through them.

Make it like a Gunner in MH.

Americas equivalent, where the New World set comes from.

Attached: 3458345645856.jpg (1024x431, 102K)

ITS BEEN 4 HOURS
POST LEAKS

Attached: monster rancher guy with two legs.jpg (470x483, 50K)

Gaius said he'll put every Ascian to the sword.
You know from WoD that this is a bad idea.
You also become WoD.
We're killing Gaius a second time aren't we?

Brb summoning hyper horny Garuda that want's to fuck all the pretty boys

Attached: a1d21bdf62b573bded426619f4d43085.jpg (819x1000, 317K)

That's kind of piss poor since all other MCH/Engineers that aren't Mustadio in FFT but IS Mustadio in FFXIV how's that for fucking irony have tons of gadgets and we have none.

Ascians deserve it.

Primals are all "Summoned" too, Aka their legend is brought to life by magic.

WoL isn't summoned, you're just a main character.

He probably starts out MNK, but goes SAM during the Far East stuff. However, he goes back MNK when they return to Gyr Abania because he is MNK when he fights Lyse on Rhalgr's Palm, which is an event in the story that takes place after you get back from the Far East.

It's safe to say he tried out SAM and dropped it before even reaching max level because of how shit it was.

Attached: 1545857322881.webm (380x284, 88K)

Yes, but the translation was bad and withheld key information so it sounded like he was

tfw BLU actually explains some of their lore but everyone hates blue

Attached: ffxiv_15012019_093848_621.png (1332x736, 1.06M)

Was Noctis's Garuda a dude?

RESPECT THE CONTENT. DO NOT INHALE THE LEAKS!

So that's why he was a Sam during final duel with Zenobus.
Fucking doofus.

Yes, I'm absolutely sure that an advanced nation focusing the majority of it's armed forces towards a single location in the midst of political tensions and anti-military movements is a great idea.

1. They lost one and half legions during the first invasion of Eorzea and the other half (Gaius) went rogue
2. They just fought a big civil war
3. Occupation of current lands on top of the current mass unrest after other provinces successfully rebelled
4. Logistics, withdrawing tens of thousands of soldiers and redirecting them all in preparation for war is a huge task
5. It's taking the armies of a whole continent + one to just fight them to a stalemate

>gambler
>procs everywhere, no real rotation
>shitters hate it because they can't adjust to anything that doesn't follow a list just like MCH (which isn't even hard)

I feel MCH need a solid resource that isn't fucking steam, then you can layer the gadgets on top.

Maybe a sort of Energy Cell mechanic. 5 Cells, tons of gadgets and utility to use differing amounts.

Or fuck it, make MCH A mech summoner with turrets, robots and other shit.

>Bad triple triad class with singleplayer pve events
>In an MMO

Gee I wonder why.

Romance with Gaius when?

The Ixal summoning Garuda is literally just all of them wishing really hard for their sexy and strong waifu to be real

Titania is gonna be alt world's Ramuh?

>Ranger
>Covered by Bard

Not even fucking close considering you can easily use a Crossbow/Boomerang.

Hell, you could have Ranger have Aussie Aesthetics and tie them to a New World Expansion.

learning more about a completely unexplored area and the little tidbits on the monster skills was neat at least (like how doom is literally just you tricking the enemy into thinking they're about to die like a placebo, which makes them basically die of heart failure), regardless of how the actual class turned out

Why are europe queues so fucking long

Beastmaster is a Legit Job we miss from XIV.

everyone is at work or school/college/uni idiot

Attached: 61126586_p0.png (1300x1300, 464K)

Dead game.

Why are you expecting people to play during this time?

>Ixal jacking off while thinking of Garuda
>He was too close to a bunch of crystals and accidentally summons her
>All she wants to do is fuck because of the summoner's influence
Artists, get on it.

Yeah, I'm just upset it's not an actual class to be honest. And I'm sure other people are as well.

But the director came out and said we won't have diverse and branching jobs because balancing mch at the start of hw was so hard. So I guess this is the next best thing watching people carry you through instances to do a single player puzzle event.

There are plenty of jobs like that, they're just simple.
Because damage is one dimensional (you either do more damage or less damage and more damage is almost always better), and there isn't bullshit like elemental weaknesses to change things, there isn't much room to make multiple random procs like that actually meaningful. You'll just always use the chain that does the most damage. If there's a lot it just ends up being light up button whack a mole and nobody has problems with that either.
See: all BLU potencies are the same because you wouldn't use any of the random garbage outside of buffs otherwise
See: Red Mage
See: Bard

that's totally understandable, i more meant it's a shame they put some genuinely interesting things behind something that (for good reason) didn't go over well so a lot of people don't know about it

>Pet class
>XIV

Maybe as a rimited job

If they were able to enter level 60 content then they would be able to spam 40k+ full party heals with negligible MP cost.
So yeah, they'd be kinda strong

Boomerangs are going to be used by Dancer, bet.
Also just because you could give them a different weapon doesn't mean that they're suddenly occupying a different niche, they're still like 95% similar to bard aesthetically. Bards are XIV's rangers, just accept it.

Although personally I do wish Bard and Ranger were separate because I like Bard's bow animations and weapons but hate the gay singing shit.

Aside from Titania, what other Primals are going to be in Shadowbringers?

>croc hunter
>tooth hat

Attached: 53473456.jpg (1440x1318, 95K)

Dark Ifrit
Dark Titan
Dark Garuda

Couldn't balance it properly, literally has solo tank lb as a move among other busted shit because they couldn't bother balancing it.

As it's not a dark void world it'll be Light Ifrit, Light Titan, Light Garuda x4

>notification from ffxiv youtube channel
>it's not benchmark trailer
Stop playing with my heart.
youtube.com/watch?v=52yBBrF8fr8

Pandemona, Quezacotl and Brothers

I mean with dancer being a ranged dps and not some type of buffing support and Dark Knight being a mana tank they can literally make Viking a fucking healer.

They're good guys and you fight them because they're testing you

light void is equally as bad as dark void
and
void worlds only exist when light or dark are so good that they fuck shit up by winning too hard

Dancer is a buffing support. They are a DPS too because there's no "support only" role in XIV.

Ranger can be a quasi pet class. Fill out their abilties with short term summons like "Bomb" and "Coatl" alongside Shot moves.

Eden as the final boss of it's own raid.

>phase transition is as long and weird as the FF8 summon

But Eden is our ally.

>an ATB that lasts for the entirety of it

Just got back from the media tour, here's the remaining primals and patch-line up for SHB.

Attached: 1.png (151x516, 8K)

There isn't anything about Lyse I dislike, except that she is not Yda and I liked Yda more.

They're just sorta dark, not too dark

FFXIV Shadowbringers
homu

>Chad

What was the point of that depressing as fuck storyline in realm reborn where you inspire a rookie group into being adventurers like you only for them to become a multi-tiered tragedy storyline where everything goes wrong in the most fucked up way possible for them

>The Virgin Zeus
>The Chad Chad

the point was Tamtara Hard and the first 50 floor of PoTD
pretty neat

Fun

>DNC
>Commonly a melee with daggers that has supportive moves and white magic as well as occasional dnc specific buffs
>Uses ranged throwing weapons like a ninja
>Literally named it throwing weapon so they could give them shit like shurikens

They completely disregarded any previous iterations. Watch their LB3 just throwing a giant destructo disc in a line. Very dancer esque.

But I guess they did the same thing with bard, not that there's a plethora of ranged jobs to choose from in FF that they completely ignored for some reason.

can't say anything yet don't want to get my source in trouble

Basically how I look going from late teens to late twenties.

Ah yes, because every final fantasy game is exactly the same

It's a chakram you dingus.

The best FF games draw on the collective mythos and ethos of the series.

This is why Dragoon is so popular.

That story keeps going in Tam-Tara Hard and Palace of the Dead if you haven't done those yet.

Are you saying XIV does not?

>Literal gods from other mythologies

We SMT now? Is Zeus an alternate Odin?

While making slight but fitting changes

If dancer was true to Final Fantasy form it'd be near useless in combat other than buffs, And YoshiP has said he'll never make a buff job cause you'd be forced to bring it every raid.

>chad

He could have introduced 3 support classes as a whole new role.

>Dancer
>Geomancer
>Gunbreaker

larryzaur is a primal now?

They actually specifically mentioned that DNC would be using a variety of ranged throwing weapons and that they would have interesting glamour options because of that
Chakram is just the weapon they wanted to show off/felt fit the best
twitch.tv/videos/399656090 they explain it at about 1:39:30ish

>Quickly become the most powerful and noble paladin your tutor has ever seen
>He's also a fucking idiot who tries to murder you from word of mouth without ever trying any more sensible alternative
I have zero tolerance for people like him. I'm pissed he doesn't step down/get stripped of rank right then and there.

People actually *want* yoshi to modify the dungeon system to allow for a 5th class, and people also *want* yoshi to make support classes.

These idiots are from the Lodestone fourms and naturally have no fucking clue how much work all this nonsense would take.

Does anyone still play on Chaos or did everyone end up moving to Light with the split

No, but they carry a common theme among classes/jobs.

Dragoons aren't using Daggers, Paladins aren't using Shotguns.

They said before that there were 8 slots because they wanted 2 2 2 2. Unfortunately they dropped the idea of hybrid classes as the 4th 2 and instead re-imagine a dancer as a ranger/ninja.

>not becoming what you must and going DRK for Shad
I shiggy diggy doo

>Primal WoL fight
>cycles through jobs like in the ShB trailer and fucks the party up with different abilities
>WAR phase berserks and starts dropping fell cleaves on the tank
>DRG phase is Nidhogg phase 2 again
>SMN phase dots a random player, they have to get out of the group before the boss spreads the dots with bane, everybody's favorite akh morn follows shortly
Probably other things could be done with other jobs, that's just off the top of my head.

how the fuck is it gonna work with like throwing daggers or kunais when the animations are obviously meant to be for chakrams

Necromancer as a healer.
It will draw the life force out of slain and injured enemies to heal allies, extend the life of allies using soul stealing spells etc.

Lalafell here so I thought it'd be more fitting if I did BLM instead.

>DRG becomes weak to AoE

Why the fuck is dancer throwing shit at people?

Bad design choices.

make the shurikens like wind fire wheels, big fuck off rings with pointy bits.

Kinda sounds like the Monk but he had ultierior and selfish reasons and repented afterwards.

I play on both, it feels like they have similar population.

I was mostly talking about people from here, not NPCs

also rogues/ninja throw knives.

Should have been a Melee DPS with Sabre/Sabres for Sword Dancing.

brilliant

Attached: DRG LMI.jpg (659x584, 79K)

Imagine if Lalafells were proportioned like Bravely Default characters

Imagine.

Attached: BDFFedeabravobikini.jpg (281x564, 26K)

Support classes are meaningless in a game like XIV for a multitude of reasons. For one, every job in XIV has to be able to deal damage because of solo content, and in turn every job tries to maximize damage in raids. So a theoretical support role would just end up as a support-focused DPS, which is exactly what Bard and Dancer already are.

Secondly all having a dedicated support role does is take away potential gameplay from other jobs. Why have a class dedicated to increasing damage or whatever when you can sprinkle those skills among the other roles and thereby make those jobs more involved and unique? Support isn't something you need to dedicate yourself to like tanking or healing, you can easily just give support skills to everyone and make support everyone's responsibility.

It's not just that "it's a lot of work" it's that there's literally no point. People are just fucking desperate for novelty after playing the game for years. But there's no reason to fix what isn't broken. Just play other games if you're bored of XIV.

WHEN
WHEN user

Attached: behelit.gif (140x130, 710K)

I don't think many did, I know there was bunch of people from /xivg/ that moved to Odin, but I would rather they haven't done that.

Hope they kinda give more thought on the crafter questlines. O know not all of them can't be special and significant but completing the excellent Alchemy line that calls back to the opening moments of 1.0 to doing the tailoring job where it's like I'm making a dress so this girl can show off and then compete in a dance.....great.

their artifact weapon from job quest was a chakram throwing weapon in ff xi

they were primarily a melee though yeah they literally only made it ranged cause they wanted more of that role in the game

Boomerangs and shurikens

>can't proceed msq because missing ~50% exp for next level
>it just happened again
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1533067240436.jpg (434x532, 25K)

The important theme about dancers is that they dance, and chakrams don't impede that. I wouldn't say their weapon is important to their theme.

Fuck DNC and GNB, who the fuck is rolling /MUF/ here?

>expansion after SHB introduces gender-locked jobs just as SHB did races

We're going the TERA route now.

talktotransformer.com/

Attached: 2.png (110x532, 11K)

I'm really hoping they make us fight our darkside in the DRK quests again, I want them to go fucking wild with plunge and TBN into bloodspiller if you keep attacking.

Fuck off autist. Dancer using throwing weapons is fine.

They're better as is

I just hate how dumbed down the requirements are for the questlines. Before they ask for actual items with ingredients you have to go out the world and look for and craft actual items (or cheat and buy from auctions if you suck and have extra cash), now they're all quest specific items that has no use outside of the quest and only requires your craftsmanship to make.

>Bard used to have an aoe that reduced the damage the boss dealt.
>You would weave that into your rotation to make the boss weaker despite it being a damage loss

I mean they could make it work, the problem is every fight kinda does the same thing now. Boss autos you for jack shit than spams aoes you avoid while dps hit it and occasionally makes the tank have to wake up and hit a button to not eat shit.

What's the point of making new fights/classes even if they all essentially do the same shit. Why not make diverse classes that make the fights feel different depending on comp.

I like how they are now. Their proportions are round and pudgy which makes them look like more than just a small human. I appreciate they decided to make them different in that regard. Same with Roe and their special abs.

>Karma Healer

Attached: 1547783526113.png (1793x937, 903K)

Are you actually implying it used to be better? Fuck off with that shit.

>Gym Leader

Fuck you leather man.

And that's a good thing
I fucking hated having my inventory cluttered by a bunch of random garbage mats that I then have to go back and sell the left-overs off or throw them away

>unleash is a telegraphed aoe
>run out
>plunged
>low blow'd
>dark passenger'd
Would be cool.

Don't people still use shit like Addle in Savage/Ultimate due to things like that?

Because they also functioned as pullers as part of their utility. Having a ranged move alone was pretty big in 11.

But them exclusively using them is not.

>west bad
>east good
nah you're just a pretentious ironic weeb
the current design is perfect for ff
anime shit wouldn't fit the fantasy aesthetic the game brings nowadays

I'm indifferent to crafting quests just giving you the mats but it's a good thing that you can't just buy the items. It's so fucking silly when the whole point of the questlines is that it's meant to be your journey as a craftsman and they all treat the items you deliver as your own work even if you just bought them off the MB.

>>Bard used to have an aoe that reduced the damage the boss dealt.
When? Are you talking about XI bard?
Because XIV bard never had anything like that, unless you're confusing it with when Rain of Death applied a -10% evasion debuff so you could get away with having less ACC in 2.x

>boss autos you for jack shit
Boy I hope you're talking about expert roulette

I just want a mod that gives me actual tits. Nothing crazy, I just want proportionally scaled C-cups.

inb4 butthurt chinks

Attached: 6b283b88gy1g30ut0wen0j214f0p84qp.jpg (1455x908, 265K)

Why the fuck does dancer not using daggers get people's autism riled up so much? Do they seriously expect/want them to just give them ninja's weapons or a slightly modified copy-paste of them? The fucking daggers are literally the least unique thing about dancer, it's usually the one weapon class that damn near every job can use in a lot of the games.

Yes, using throwing weapons exclusively is fine. They could use fucking chainsaws exclusively and it would be fine because the point of a dancer is that they dance. I can't even comprehend why you're having this problem outside of possible severe mental disability.

in 2.0 that's what rain of death did
they changed it to evasion down after launch

He's probably furiously typing a rebuttal post about how bad you are for not playing right from 2.0's launch.
It originally had the damage-down effect, but was changed to accuracy in 2.1

Yes, but they try to avoid it if possible because it cucks LB. Also that shit is like a tacked on after thought like everything in the role actions.

I meant like the boss always did 10% less damage if your bard used it in their rotation.

Before 2.1 that evasion debuff was a damage down buff, they moved it to storm's path when they fixed warrior.

>autos healed by the fairy in raids
Boy I hope you don't play healer lol.

can't wait for the rushed shadowniggers update and move on before raid

Are you just not doing any other content in the game? That's impressive to happen multiple times, the only problem I've had is my equipment not being good enough for the job.

Woops, I only started in 2.1 so I didn't know it was different right before

Apparently it's the gooks who are butthurt sicne chinks are the one commissioning it.

Yeah, been ignoring pretty much everything since I wanted to focus on the lore. Big mistake it seems.

No mention of the producer's letter where we learned that people are working overtime for the fans?

Attached: smugbunny.png (600x570, 475K)

>What's the point of making new fights/classes even if they all essentially do the same shit.
Aesthetics, rotation preferences
>Why not make diverse classes that make the fights feel different depending on comp.
Balance, making sure everyone can do all content as their preferred job. Even with XIV's level of homogeneity there are still meta fags that will try to block you from playing "non-optimal" classes.

MMOs aren't single player strategy games. The choice of jobs doesn't exist as a toolbox you use to solve fights like puzzles. The choice is there so you can be the character you want to be.

What kind of planet are you on where raid autos can be fairy healed? They nerfed the fuck out of them in stormblood.

540+ items are better then none. probably glasses, monacles and circlets. the easier things to fix

Attached: dapperlion.png (600x492, 438K)

I wanna buy this and take pictures just to upset both the Koreans AND the English players that are being upset on their behalf. I find it hilarious that Koreans have been shoving jarring gear into MMOs forever, but the moment another game does the same thing, they flip their shit over it due to stuff about a century ago somehow being connected to digital clothing.

That happened to me back in 2.0.
With all the bonuses available now, like Heat of Battle, Brand New Ring/other +EXP gear, food, and the boosted MSQ EXP he must literally be running from one MSQ to another.

Attached: ffxiv_20131121_005253.jpg (1920x1080, 765K)

Leveling gatherers right now but do I need FSH for anything?

dead fucking game

Attached: 1556961447122.png (388x83, 82K)

Yeah, unfortunately the game does kind of want you to get distracted by side stuff at least once. Doing POTD to floor 50, doing the hunting log, participating in the daily roulette, etc.

>Making a class without headgear being displayed in the first place in a game with cat eared and long eared people in it already

Can't wait until they hit the switch to make the male bunnys and female hrothgar playable so faggots like you can praise them again.

yes, yoshi didnt know at all that what his underlings are doing and those underlings for sure did it only to please the fans
x D

I didn't think much of Hrothgar but damn this gets me kind of excited.

Attached: gifting fantasias.gif (300x222, 1.5M)

i hear it's handy for getting fish

Then don't play with those people.

It's not like drgs in 11 weren't clearing shit despite having basically no 2 hr and losing half their dps to one aoe.

It's called being a fun game vs being a "balanced" game that still has the same problems a fun game would have.

Not unless you want a few of the rare minions like Fat Cat or Odder Otter for free, no

WAR is shaping up be pretty good in 5.0, but what the fuck does Thunderdome do?

Attached: warrior.png (555x412, 36K)

user if you want lore you should be doing side content.

Even that shitty side quest to kill 4 worms in the desert will earn you a little nugget of world building.

They don't deserve praise for doing something that everyone expects as the bare minimum for a new race. If the topic of headgear had never been brought up with Yoshi and the expansion released with all headgear working, no one would think "wow these devs are so incredible, implementing this basic feature that everyone expects". It's only because they said it wasn't going to happen and then changed their minds that anyone thinks it's special.

There are hundreds of animations in the game, making all of them work on a new race is a lot of work. Did you think "these devs are so hardworking and wonderful" because Au Ra had fully working animations when they released? No, that's the bare minimum of what a new race should include. So is being able to display all existing gear.

As long as they're not pushing themselves. I wouldn't mind them taking an extra 3 months break to let themselves polish some areas of the game, but I guess the rigid patch structure wouldn't allow it.
Still, if it is work from a passionate team who love the game and not thinly disguised crunch, I appreciate what they do.

I'm surprised no one was noticing the appeal it has. I can imagine Thundercats, X-Men and Beauty and the Beast cosplay off the top of my head easy.

Balance > """Fun"""

Nice thinly veiled attempt to disparage people who actually try their best when playing video games
Go fuck yourself

I'm not a male bunny female cat follower. I've been banned on the lode twice over arguing with supporters since they're thicks.
what I heard is they're taking a two month vacation after ShB is launched, since they haven't had one since Heavensward.

It's supposed to show you that things can and do go wrong, you're the exception to the rule where it all goes peachy. When it goes wrong for other people it usually goes horribly wrong.

Attached: wtf am I reading2.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Does this image trigger you?

Attached: sam.png (280x276, 146K)

Unfortunately despite the homogenization ffxivs jobs are neither of these.

I thought that was the usual affair for post-release. They finish the expansion and 90% of x.1, then go on break and leave a skeleton crew to put the finishing touches on the first patch and handle the launch difficulties. This is why a lot of the big issues aren't addressed for a couple of months after launch, like SMN/SCH for stormblood.

>The true nature and backstory of the WoL is intentionally kept vague so you can roleplay them however you like. There's no special or sinister reason that we are so powerful, we're literally just the chosen one.

We're not the only chosen one though. Many other people have the echo and a few other people have received the blessing of light (I think terrorist cult leader Ysayle did). Anyway, the WoL's true power is friendship: his 7 adventuring friends who always show up when they are needed the most.

Attached: WHM saves XIV by including mod support.png (584x525, 41K)

"These poor schmucks could have been you."

Damn, Lion King sure looks different from how I remembered it.

>Can someone explain to me why the empire keeps fighting us with rogue/single legions and doesn't just use it's entire army to crush all Opposition

They were in the middle of a civil war. Like the Roman Empire their generals cared most about fighting each other for the throne rather than conquering outlying lands.

Not from what I heard, I think during the Heavensward expansion, or maybe ARR's cycle one of the patches was 2 months late due to them needing a break, and they got so much flak from the impotent Jap community that they didn't take a break for all of Stormblood.

Apparently media tour is done for the day. Leaks incoming???

that and they also have several other regions under their control that needs to be policed.

Not him but I subscribe to the crazy theory that we are a primal born from Hydelaen's plight and we grow stronger the more people believe in us. It's why our power leaps so hard and fast during climaxes. Everyone realizes the pivotal moment is at hand and pray you succeed harder than ever.

As expected of WAR.

I subscribe to us bejust being branded by hydelaen.

WAR is ok but I was blown away by DRK's Dance of the Death Knight. Looks amazing.

Attached: patch 5.05 notes.png (584x703, 42K)

Fuck, is it a secondary quest? I just hit 50 because the MSQ gives so much xp

this makes no sense.

Dance of the Dead Knight actually sounds kinda interesting. Getting a damage buff when Living Dead is being triggered.

Can't wait for DRK to be the new WAR using obnoxious macros.

You first meet them outside Sastasha, but their story is brought into the fore with Tam-Tara (Hard) and POTD. You should be able to get both at level 50.

They're fucking auto-generated meme images
If you see a black on white image with the first line being in bold and everything else that follow not bold, just close the image

>generals
Jannies?

>A new era of suicide DRKs for a 10 second dps increase
looks like I'm maining WHM again.

Attached: 1536260794282.png (265x290, 109K)

stop queuing at 3AM

i know this is pasta but what sort of bitter self absorbed person must someone be to actually type this

>being a backseat mod
how does it feel doing it for free

>you will never summon a primal beast of sex with your bros

There are three NPC teams that you meet outside The dungeons. Starting with Sastasha, then leading to Copperbell (where Edda's team stop.) then to Tam-Tara where the Rog'd team is annihilated, only the elderly elezen crew survive all three and retire from adventuring.

>gambler
>literally just a wow class

Attached: 1557850533415.jpg (563x503, 21K)

>Gambler
>Making a RNG class in an MMO.
>No one plays it.
I mean why not just make an empty space a class?

I just modded the lala skin with a floating potato with removed gear head arms and legs, fixed my experience with midgets tenfold.

Attached: 1552656343703.jpg (512x439, 26K)

5 minutes

>maining WHM
>in current year
ShB is going to fuck them up severely and you know it.

>he doesn't know about the lalafell mods on the secret discord

t-till what

Attached: C1b8mDRUAAAmyk2.jpg (1000x677, 92K)

Anyone else playing ff11 right now? Shit is up for me

Attached: 1530995375643.jpg (639x637, 54K)

It's not dead?

>secret discord
Ima be real with you chief. There's no such thing as a secret discord.

Attached: 34573456.jpg (309x163, 10K)

Replace arms and legs with Roe arms and legs proportional to the potato

>DRG is so shit all it gets is the ability to swap to another job once you've already queued into an instance as one

Attached: ss+(2019-05-15+at+08.23.16).png (573x89, 9K)

Can't get any worse. We got robbed in 4.0 and never really got a fix for our mechanics.

Attached: 1557706597899.png (1561x1589, 1.39M)

NOW

ok for real though this needs to actually be a thing. We should be able to change jobs if necessary.

Thin air is the best healer ability added in the 4.x series.

>make raggedy old hag the antagonist of second Hildy questline
>make her bad bitch hot at the end
Boner, no

PLD has always been trash, they have the worst quests in the game. They make no fucking sense and it boggles the mind why. It cannot be that hard to write a mildly entertaining paladin story.

>Quake
>45s cooldown, 15y radius
>Deals earth aspected damage to all nearby enemies with a potency of 600
>Additional Effect: Tumult. Decreases enemies' magic resistance by 5%. Duration: 30s
>Additional Effect: Restores 5% of own MP.
>*Shares a recast timer with Assize.

Yay or Nay?

>not earthly star
lmoing

No because SAM is actually good in many scenarios and realistically nobody kicks them from pug groups to find a ninja that MIGHT play correctly and provide 100 more rdps. Nobody kicks greys and nobody enforces meta comps unless they're literally speedkilling. The meta comp is different on every fight this tier and the top ten all had large variation.
You know nothing about the game besides hearsay that the reddit weeaboos told you to hate.

So, which one did you choose, Yea Forums?

Congratulations now nobody will use Assize

might as well delete assize

It will get worse. They're just going to euthanize any and all job identity for all three healers.

Literal quote from Midgardsormr in the cutscene:

>"Your reprieve is at an end"

And then charges up an attack. The journal log even says he was planning to finish us off.

Thin air is a slightly worse lightspeed+co

Thin Air is ok at best being a great emergency tool for prog and maximizing efficiency in mapped out fights.

Outside of that we got a decent ogcd shield and this piece of crap.

Attached: lilly is trash.png (933x71, 11K)

Not him but, I just went to check and that's not true
Basically all groups run DRG+NIN and BRD+SMN, a few run BRD+MCH
Here's the top 10 for omega
>o9
8 groups with DRG+NIN, 2 with DRG+3ranged
>o10
7 groups with DRG+NIN, 1 with DRG+MNK, 2 with DRG+3ranged
>o11
9 groups with DRG+NIN, 1 with DRG+MNK
>M+F
10 groups with DRG+NIN
>o12
9 groups with DRG+NIN, 1 with DRG+SAM
Every single group runs a BRD, the 2nd ranged being SMN in basically 75% of groups, with RDM/BLM/MCH sharing the final 25%

Not sure what tier you're talking about with this "large variation", but you should probably doublecheck your information before making a post like that

Why couldn't it have been "increases frequency of freecure activation by 5% per lily" or "20% chance on using assize, tetra or asylum gives you a free lily"

Attached: 7696559.jpg (540x355, 43K)

I feel like they should make the raid part of the story if they're going to be slightly easier trials with the savage versions unlockable after completion.

What the fuck is even the point of media events if nobody even gets to see what they showed off for like a full fucking week outside of ecelebs and employees

Attached: fuck everything.gif (223x167, 2.86M)

Damn, now I really want to switch to WAR.

Attached: 5a77c86757b9e74e30a30bdc55dec0f8.png (554x746, 64K)

The only thing consistent is DRG BRD.
People try to make it seem like this is heavensward and every party MUST be DRG BRD NIN MCH. That is no longer true. Also, compare different fights. Like I said there is a meta comp for each one.

FUCK YOU, WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE GIVEN SOMETHING ACTUALLY USEFUL INSTEAD OF THESE FAGGY LILLIES, DO I LOOK LIKE A FUCKING GARDENER TO YOU

Attached: 1435579223405.gif (320x287, 982K)

Not him, but I still don't want RNG for WHM. WHM should be the most consistent and easiest to route class.

Hype building, allowing content creators to get back home and make full videos, and controlled 'leaks'.

It's called a media tour because they're showing it off in all three regions they're providing service for. They can't talk about it because they want all media partners to be able to deliver information at the same time instead of stealing clicks just because you happened to work in London and not Tokyo.

what if minions could help fight or provide buffs haha

Where is this shit from?

They wanted to, but allagan rot and twintania were too difficult for average players and I guess even though they purposely made an easier version for Alexander they didn't want to suddenly make raid storylines mandatory.

there's a website that has some AI that generates a bunch of text if you type a little bit

if the first sentence is in bold it's fake

oh lol
thought it was some jp google translate stuff

Sure it's not HW level, but it's nowhere near "large variety"
Out of the 50 top 10 groups over the 5 fights, NIN is in 43 as the second melee, that's 86% of groups

Fucking retarded.
Like anyone gives a shit what some literal whos on twitter thinks about this garbage
They're better off just posting their own shit on their own website if they want to control how fast information gets out

Attached: bugsbubby.jpg (998x974, 108K)

Fuck me Y'shtola looks amazing as a BLM

I can understand for coils, especially since those are harder than story raids

RNG is fine if it's attached to free damage IMO
If Fluid Aura still did damage, then I'd see nothing wrong with Aero dot procs being able to reset its recast, for example.

I MUST KNOW WHAT THE JOB CHANGES ARE AAAAAAAAAAAAA SOMEONE LEAK SOMETHING

You mean Matoya.

Give Summoner 80 leaks thanks

someone fake leak something
like "oh well i *personally* would like it if gunbreaker was like ____ but guess we won't find out for another week haha :)" except with actual information instead of a blank
do it

ruin 5, 210 potency please be excited

Embolden has been renamed to Bravery. Bravery L has been renamed to Embolden L.

Please look forward to it.

Sure user
:^)

Attached: b1d386a3b444e20f4428f304fdc3f8aa.png (564x341, 55K)

>SCH gets a Dreadwyrm Trance equivalent
>it temporarily turns Selene/Eos into Helios
Y/N?

>fucker teases us with photos of the event
>then fucking nothing
I hate you

Attached: PE.jpg (896x349, 47K)

I'm holding out for summon alexander, but the only reason we got bahamut was because he was msq relevant.

Changed to Astro and I'm not sure I can go back to monk. Healer instant queue is amazing.

what is going on on this event anyway? i ve never heard about something gonna happen today, before today

>Positionals are gone
>tank stance is default for all tanks, MT uses resources for defense while OT uses resources for offense. MT cant effectively survive while using offense CDs
>trick attack removed
>tornado kick removed
>diversion and lucid dreaming removed
>all jobs can apply their own resistance debuffs
>PVP combos for all jobs

I'll take anything but more Bahamut this time around, that's honestly all I wanna know.

Fully expecting a fucking trait at 80 that activates after a 2nd Akh Morn that resets Bahamut, changes him to golden and changes Akh Morn to Morn Afah

Summon Mastery passive. Turns Ifrit into Zurvan, Garuda into Sophia, Titan into Sepirot and Bahamut into Bahamut Prime. Secondary effect is a 25 potency increase on all their skills please look forward to it

I don't understand how people still find this funny

>temporarily turning your fairy into Astrologians GCD aoe heal
that's a no from me

>titan into sephirot
He deserves better than this

I'll honestly take that

Did we actually inspire them, or were they just a rival adventuring group? I can't remember ever talking to them.

It's the media tour, they have one before every big announcement. Last few expansions and ARR itself had them too.
They invite press, ""influencers"", and various people from the game industry to mess around with whatever the new big thing is in person. Before the previous expansions we always got a ton of tooltip screenshots and info on all the changes they made to jobs from there long before SE deemed it necessary to tell us themselves. EU one goes on for 3 days starting today, so we should get some stuff any day now.

i think/hope they will change ruin2 imbalance. im, like, playing summoner, but SMN should have more heave penalty for casting while moving.

maybe like, RUINFLOW that allow you to cast ruin2 only 5 times in a minute

There's a media embargo until after the live letter.

>Nobody kicks greys
a consistently grey samurai or black mage is worthless and would likely indicate an underlying problem with them, as long as it wasn't down to other people in the group i would end up kicking them if they didn't improve.

That didn't stop anyone posting them previously.

Because thanks to Eorzea and meddling from the Scions and others, all the other territories that the Empire has subjugated are simply waiting for a moment when the Empire loses its focus on them so that they can mount a full resistance and oust them from their lands.

The Empire does not want to fight wars on all of its fronts. It has too keep a vast majority of its armies in conquered lands to maintain their rule. Focus all their troops in one place and they's probably beat whoever they are fighting but they will then lose control all of their other subjugated territory. Its a slippery slope for them.

I'm hoping for ruin 5 to be an upgraded ruin 2. Do away with the ugly black ball completely and make smn a flashy allagan mess.
>tfw ruin 3 -> riuin 4 -> painflare

Attached: 1402828430324.jpg (600x480, 45K)

oh nice so gonna be some leaks

>"oh wow you guys you won't believe what they've got in store"
>"there's some changes that i think a lot of you guys are looking forward to"
>"haha i can't say more, but it's gonna be really good, smash that sub and buy gametime"
Marketing

I did it finally Yea Forums, I got to Hevansward and unlocked Dark Knight. Anything I should know about this class beforehand?

Making mp costs matter on SMN could fix this, no? Just make R2 really expensive so if you try to move and cast too much you have no mp for rezzing or even for your basic rotation if you do it way too much. Could give SMN a stance like darkside that prevents mp regen from spells other than aetherflow to make it even more punishing.

It's going to change dramatically in a few months, don't get too comfortable.

I swear to god if they make BLM unfun i will kill myself.
They fucked my boi DRG, i don't want my wife BLM to be fucked by Yoshi too

Attached: 1557823305909.gif (128x119, 17K)

it will feel bad until you get blackest knight and then its great, also this

This
But while you're playing it for now, put dark arts on a button youd be really comfortable pressing multiple times

so people cant say its a rushed turd

Yoshi won't fuck his own class.

Neck yourself, bong

actually in ff13, if played on large screen, Ruin-Ruinga was quite beautiful spell, all those gray-rainbow bursts with rainbow splashes around, little particles everywhere and rainbow areolas

Attached: Ruin_FFXIII.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

Looking at the tooltips right now, isn't Blackest Night just a shield you can put on yourself or your party?
How does it change the playstyle?

How do fellow black mages feel about our job being represented by a c*t?

Attached: cat.jpg (799x1200, 128K)

Tam-Tara (Hard) has a reference to their tank being 'interested' in you and wanting to become as strong as you. Which is odd, because I don't think your character had really done that much before he died, so it might have just been Edda projecting.

That's one sexy staff

It charges your bar when it bursts. Lets you use your big dick dps skills more often

If you are a Legacy player they heard stories about you and started adventuring because of them
If your character is a fresh ARR one they just say something about you seeming strong

Has her teacher kicked it then?

Thanks anons, didn't know they planned on overhauling the class that much with ShB. How's the Job story?

Of all job quest stories, its easily the best one. The 50-60 bit is pretty dry, though.

the shield detonating gives you 50 blood.

It doesn't really change that much since using it is a (very small) dps loss, except in big trash pulls where exchanging mana for blood is in your favour because of Quietus. Dark Knight 'clicked' for me once you get Bloodspiller, the trait that allows blood buildup from Blood Weapon/Price, and realizing that you can use Bloodspiller without interrupting your melee combo.

>how's the job story
the 30-50 and 60-70 stories are arguably the best in the game, even more so than any of the main story plot lines.

it could've changed playstyle a lot if TBN give something more good. but using TBN is usually dps loss now, so it's just another shield that cost mana and has low cd

What new stuff did DRG get?

its your best blood generation and pretty much essential for aoe
on top of being very good mitigation
not having it in synched content feels like ass

They said tanks and especially healers will be reworked from pretty much the ground up.
Even most DPS jobs will probably change quite a lot though.

Right now we really have no idea what to expect overall, the next few days should hopefully shed some light on it.

It has the best job story quest things

>Even most DPS jobs will probably change quite a lot though.

>love HW MCH
>they ruin it
>love SB BRD
>they might ruin it
I'm going to personally execute Yoshi if this is the case

Any nekkid models?

WAR needs MORE damage, it is never enough!

>tfw you will never get to ride a loyal legacy chocobo
Why am I still here?

Attached: legacychocobro.png (1630x85, 15K)

just to suffer

>The Eureka Effect
>More Eureka shit
noooooooooooooo

If they fuck with PLD's comfiness, I will shirk a mhigger.
I don't want to do more! I want to tank. I'm good at tanking. You can't make me do DPS.

Attached: 1492027281163.png (680x515, 26K)

BROS... I CAN'T... LEAKS PLEASE...

Attached: Fordola.webm (720x1280, 2.87M)

>doing big dick pulls as DRK
>alternating TBN and Quietus
>all dat mana
>all dat tankiness

Attached: crow.jpg (800x534, 235K)

You're the OT now, bitch. Leave MT to the chad WAR.

They're going to make PLD a MT oriented job, which means they'll never be used again because all comps will run two OT oriented jobs for better damage

I still dont get why the Relics were behind Eureka
>ARR they force on you what you need to do for the Relic weapon
>HW they give you choices on how you want to progess your Relic weapon
>SB they force you into Diadem 2.0

Taisho roman era aesthetics are god tier.

Attached: re-ha-342_01.jpg (750x750, 107K)

The duality of man

i mean theres femroes, they have fridge body ratios

Whats the best way to level starting at 30, just Dutys or is there a better way?

Just do dungeon spam as a tank or healer since you get instant queues. Or if you don't wanna play with other people you can do Squadron missions, but DRK up til like the mid-60s is completely brainless so there's really no reason not to just do dungeons + roulettes.

Probably, since you won't have to suffer from queues as a tank.

I honestly dont mind that they did this.

For all of its grind, I found the Eureka experience to be pretty fun. It was definitely a different experience to just normal leveling and questing so getting the Relic weapon from it seemed to me to give it some validity as proper content.

And, since nobody is going to fucking touch Eureka again after ShB hits (SB Eureka anyways), at least the weapons and glam you get from it will remain somewhat exclusive. More so than the Ultima and Atma weps at least

That is her teacher, possessing her body.

The amount of koreans that won't shut up about this shit when literally half of them make fun of niggers is the craziest shit.

I can't believe anyone actually praises HW relics.
Yeah you could do different content but at the end of the day all it was is tomestone farm and light farm. Over and over again.

The distinction between MT and OT isn't going to be mitigation vs damage, it's going to be self mitigation/aggro generation vs party mitigation/support. All tanks will do roughly equivalent damage.

Do your daily leveling roulette and spam Palace of the Dead floors 51-60 over and over until lv60. Then do random stuff/ roulettes until lv61, after which you can do the Stormblood version of Palace of the Dead, Heaven-on-High, floors 21-30 until lv70.
As a tank your dungeon queues should be pretty solid too, so you could just spam whatever the currently highest dungeon you have access to is. It's generally pretty compareable in exp/h to PotD and might be more interesting than doing the same shit over and over.

That's what you think

>tfw they're probably going to let you use Trusts in Diadem 3.0 in ShB
Maybe they'll backport that feature to Eureka so people can still farm it

Lords of Verminion

I feel like they'll probably add some way to make Eureka soloable in Shadowbringers. It's not like Diadem which they can easily just abandon, the relics and their storylines are a big deal and locking that shit away behind group content that you can never get a group for is something they will probably want to avoid.

Yes. And buy your grand company's weapons, if you have the rank. They sell a level 30 and 39 sword (and 42 I think).

They've already said Trusts will be exclusive to the new ShB dungeons.
I'm sure they will raise the Squadron level limit to 70 and let you use them for most SB dungeons at least though.
Doubt they will ever let you do stuff like Diadem and Eureka with AIs.

source?

China/Japan/Korea are stuck in an eternal shitflinging competition over centuries-old butthurt from all sides. I guess due to their cultural emphasis on nationalism Asians seem prone to holding grudges for extremely long times

I cant see how its feasible to make Eureka solo-able. It would need some serious reworking for that.

I mean, sure at lvl 80 you can probably solo the NMs but the amount of time it would take for a solo person to spawn the NMs, then kill the NMs would just be crazy

Nah, that got retconned with the Coils of Bahamut quest line. You were always a warrior of light from the past.

Attached: 1525172802636.jpg (1536x2048, 369K)

I just want a fucking minion RPG minigame, not Verminion's RTS
Let me make a party of four minions and do turn-based battles against other minion teams like a classic FF game

What am I looking at exactly?

Thanks again anons, appreciate the help.

It's really incomprehensible to me.

Just how many outfits are based on western military uniforms from the early 20th century?
Just how many casual outfits are heavily inspired to downright copies of styles that were worn in the 30s-40s?
You don't see anyone making a fuss over any of this shit. But no, the Koreans just have to raise a major shitfest over a fucking school uniform of all things.

If you carried over your Legacy character you have all your memories.
If you made a new character you were there for all the 1.0 shit as well, but just suffer from amnesia and can't remember any of it.

>tfw favourite dps to play are RDM and SAM
a-at least i like DRK and AST so i'm not a total casual right?

Attached: no sir not getting out of this leyline.png (468x387, 406K)

After having gotten all of my tanks and healers to 70, my advice is as follows, if you want to maximize EXP:

-Run palace of the dead until you no longer receive a level per 51-60 floor run

-this will be around level 40ish. Start running dungeons you unlock on the level you unlock them. Once a dungeon is a level behind you, back to PotD
This pattern will maintain up until level 60. At 60, I recommend running Gubal Library until 61, then Sirensong.
Ignore the leveling roulette, but do the alliance roulette once a day, once you hit 50. The amount of exp it gives is quite impressive.

>Due to work hours I can only play at night which is the fucking dead zone
>Queues take forever even on weekends
>World seems even more barren than it was before

I can understand splitting NA, but doing this to EU was a complete brainlet decision. I'm genuinely considering just biting the bullet and moving to NA even though I despise the yanks

New cash shop outfit. China exclusive first then global release soon

>good looking jap shit are hidden behind cash shop again
Although making koreans butthurt is nice I guess.

Sucks for you man, I get 5 minute dps queues for ex roulette on Light. Also I don't have to play with the idiots from Moogle and Louisoix any more so I can't be happier.

I self-insert

Damn how long does it take to make that cosplay.
Not gonna lie i would buy a metal armor version of that and put it in my house if it exist

should i play machinist for shits n giggles?

Months of planning and almost a year of actually putting it together

They're going to buff it to OP levels in 5.0 just like they do to every job that's underused.

What is the best DRG weapon for glamouring purposes?

just like they did with monks HW > SB transition, right?

I love her

brionac

Attached: drg.jpg (629x895, 113K)

They had to push SAM instead of MNK because the director favors SAM. Any job he cosplay as gets special treatment

There's a few things they could do
- Make NMs spawn on timers, or guaranteed after a small number of enemies
- Let you take squadron/trusts into Eureka
- Make normal enemies drop NM crystals
- Increase level scaling cap on NM fates
Naturally crystal/light/exp gain will also be massively increased.

Depends on your outfit.

MCH isn't terrible numbers-wise. It just sucks to play. If they gave it a playstyle that isn't aids people will pick it up because it looks cool and murricans love guns.

Gae Bolg.

It depends if you're shit or not mostly

>Any job he cosplay as gets special treatment
Sure.

Attached: 1540919336253.png (1071x626, 480K)

ucob spear

why there is barely any voice over in this game?

That was during HW when MCH was better than BRD.

Convince me not to play Black Mage next expansion

square is too stingy

Doboya Lux looks awesome

There is barely any during ARR because of the circumstances behind its development.
Ever since HW they started doing a lot more voiced cutscenes though, pretty much everything remotely important during the MSQs is voiced now.

They save it for the important cutscenes plus they have to dub the game in 6 different languages which eats into budget

MCH was better than BRD for the entirety of HW, except for directly at launch in 3.0 before its buffs, and then finally at 3.5 when MCH and BRD were about equal after MCH's utter domination of the entire raid

Summoner will be overpowered and superior to it in every way just like at the start of SB

What the fuck are you talking about? MCH was the most busted in 3.5
BRD couldn't even compete.

Viera will be taller than f. roes

Fights will emphasis more movement because the majority of people play movement focused jobs like Bard, Dancer, Red Mage, and so on which will punish BLM

If I remember right BRD was better at HW launch, then after Savage Gordias came out they were pretty even all the way until Creator release, where MCH got buffed quite a bit and started to absolutely destroy BRD.

people went double ranged since casters were useless

Why would you even post this when I can easily btfo you by just glancing at the fflogs rankings for Creator for 3 seconds
MCH only has comparable DPS in A11
Before you have an autistic meltdown, mind you I'm not saying MCH was bad in 3.5
It was still great and literally every good group ran MCH+BRD anyway
But if you had to pick a single one, a great BRD would always win over a great MCH
It's just that no one actually played BRD

Yeah

Is there a Chinese and Korean dub too?

English, Japanese, German, French, Chinese, Korean

I get Chinese, but how many Korean players even are there?
It can't be anywhere close to as many as there are French or Germans.

I've been a miqo'te since day one, it's basically canon to me

I knew that there were Chinese and Korean versions of the game but I didn't know they got their own dubs. I would have assumed they just used the Japanese or English voiceovers.