Why does Dark Souls 3 look so good? From Software isn't a big company...

Why does Dark Souls 3 look so good? From Software isn't a big company, but they did a huge improvement over the 2 previous entries.

Attached: Dark-Souls-3-Character-Creation-Cleric.jpg (1920x1080, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their games always looked good, clean high quality/detailed texture work.
They deliberately put blur and other shitty filters ontop of the game, as well as a poor resolution just to lower the quality so they would run on consoles.

Here's a screenshot I took of Demons Souls being emulated on PC the other day, pretty good for a 10 year old game.

Attached: DS_0001.png (2560x1440, 3.42M)

It looks fine, but not as visually impressive as DaS2.

Just stop already.

Bloodborne looks way better than Dark Souls 3. I don't even have a PS4.

how many frames?
cpu model?

Attached: 1518800238536.png (624x628, 53K)

it used alot of bloodborne assets, except it looks even better because of the power of the PC.

Locked 30fps at 4k. Completely playable. Don't think they have figured out the 60fps patch for the game yet, more complicated that what they did with Dark Souls.
Here's my speccy, my computer is pretty old now.

Attached: Speccy.png (561x418, 26K)

RDR is rending pretty good now, but it's performance is still completely fucked, it's unplayable.
Apparently its running better on the Xbox emulator.

Attached: RDR_0002.jpg (1934x1118, 1.56M)

>adding more post processing somehow lowers the resource requirements to run the game
dude

Cringe

how do you play with ps3 controller?

I've play Dark Souls 3 and now playing, Bloodborn and it looks awesome.

If a company made the same game four times in a roll, you’d better expect it to look good.

Installing PS Now (I think that's what it was) lets you use a PS3 controller as a PS4 controller for some games like the PC versions of Yakuza with natural PS button prompts, but the best method is to use SCPDS3 drivers to emulate the controller as a 360 controller and using whatever PS button replacer mods there are for what you intend to play

absolutely based
can i use a x360 controller to play it?

is it worth if the online parts don't work?

Bloodborne doesn't even look as good as it's own alpha version.

I know its a stretch but honestly it might look better than dark souls 1 and 2 because its targeting PS4 hardware and not PS3 hardware. not sure though

DS3 also has the best artstyle, fuck "m-muh washed out colors"-fags.
Having a consistent tone that enhances the atmosphere of the game is not a bad thing, unlike games like DS2 that just puked out whatever generic color scheme they felt like at the moment, with the only consistency being a lot of weirdly green zones.

They closed the online servers on PS3 too, makes no difference anymore.

I use.
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/releases

I really do love the aesthetics of 3, people say it’s similar to 1 but they are both completely different in soul. I also love 1 in its own way. Basically the reason why I like Dark Souls is the for the dreamy aesthetics.

Looks like dogshit.

Attached: 1521912158075.jpg (1920x1080, 563K)

Good point, it's a shame 2 completely ditched that look and went for the "generic PS2 game" aesthetic instead.
Maybe that game wouldn't have been as awful if it was at least nice to look at.

To be fair, all DS games feel like that creepy PS2 game you played but forgot the name of.

Maybe that’s just King Field’s influence as well.

Wow i didn't even know it was possible to make the game look that bad. lol

Attached: ds3.jpg (3840x2160, 1.91M)

>lod doesn't match the actual world
heh
consoles

Nah my screenshot just doesn't have adequate LOD because i used Ansel on what is normally a 1080p image. lol

on what hellish toaster did you take that screenshot from?

Not even arguing that some parts of any souls game have so aweful shit but that's another level

some* shit sorry

>Take a pic in a completely different part of the game with completely different lighting.
>lol looks fine bro

Attached: mu1111.jpg (590x523, 20K)

You're right, when i walk 5 meters to the left it suddenly turns into a PS1 game.
How dishonest of me.

Why does someone ask this every time a shot of that area gets posted? It looks the same on every single machine regardless of settings or platform. DaS3 doesn't have graphics settings that affect LoDs or lighting.

It's a shit game for masochists
What's the point if all you're going to do is punish players nonstop at every single step

>Having a consistent tone that enhances the atmosphere of the game is not a bad thing
Except that the tone is shit and the atmosphere is shit.

Go to that exact spot and screen it. You won't because then you'll look like an idiot.

Wow i just found it, i had no idea that was in the game.
Either way that's obviously not a representation of most of the game.

Fair enough.

>From Software isn't a big company
ill have a pint of whatever this comedian is taking
3 fucking hundred employees by 2017, no idea how many they've added in those 2 years
its time to drop the act that fromsoft games are measly budget aa games or whatever you fooled yourself into believing

Attached: Untitled.jpg (278x450, 55K)

This is dark souls 3 not dark souls 2.