In retrospect did BOTW really deserve a 97 Metascore?

In retrospect did BOTW really deserve a 97 Metascore?

Attached: BOTW.jpg (1280x720, 283K)

no one deserves any metascore, its an average of what a bunch of moronic reviewers think

>Wind Waker 96
>Twilight Princess 96
>Skyward Sword 93

of course not, Zelda is the King of Nintendo Bonus

Yeah
250 hours later I still want to play

Yes, it did.

Seething, Bonus only exists if critics are the only ones that liked them. Normalfags & hardcore gamers love Zelda, and have extremely high user scores. Therefore their scores are deserved

I'm not really enjoying it as much as I enjoyed WW or TP. It might be the cooking system being a huge chore the more you put it off or the parry/flurry system being inconsistent or the horse controls being worse than in TP. I really don't feel compelled to ever pick it up aside from experiencing some game that every one creams over.

hardcore gamers don't play casual kiddie shit like zelda, user

>extremely high user scores

90% of them given by nintendo fanboys

as a hardcore gamer, BOTW is a 6/10 Ubisoft-tier game

Depends on your philosophy with regards to numerical scores. Portal is a flawless game; but, it was also a 2 hour, free, bonus game with no expectations. Breath of the Wild is one of the most flawed games of all time; but, it is also one of the most ambitious, large, and groundbreaking titles ever. Depending on how you wish to weigh these factors anything between a 3 and a 10/10 is reasonable.
It certainly is the best game this decade at minimum.

Probably deserved higher, but you always have some shitty contrarian snowflakes that have to hate everything that's good and disagree when most people unanimously agree with something.

Attached: 1525236825945.jpg (1200x900, 362K)

Game is fun.
People like fun.
People like game.
Game get big number.

Hell yeah, I've been replaying it and it's an absolute joy.

""""""Hardcore"""""" gamer, huh?

Attached: 1553824601677.png (880x962, 613K)

Did Skyward Sword deserve a 10 IGN score?

>Shit site asigns random score
>People actually considers it for enjoying the game

Based retards.

>Game is fun
No really
>People like fun
No really
>People like game
No really
>Game get big number
*nostalgic dogma get big number*

It deserved a 98, score was dragged down by a point by a few blatantly clickbaiting contrarians.

It was a mighty fine game, but it had its good amount of problems and didnt do anything that ground-breaking.
I think i 92-93 would have been fine

Attached: IMG_20190515_074946.jpg (480x272, 52K)

Dwarf fortress deserves more

>Bonus only exists if critics are the only ones that liked them
this is a requirement now?

Tell us all about those low-scoring Metacritic games you enjoy user?

No it's an 8.5/10

I felt it deserved to be in the 90s, but somewhere in the lower half.

>In retrospect did BOTW really deserve a 97 Metascore?

Yes.

Now please try and move on with your life.

Metacritic is a trashfire.
It's a solid 7/10.

Its a solid 9.7/10

no, map was too big and empty, they could had cut it to half and kept almost all the content from it, fuck kakarots or whatever the fuck they are called.

No. But then again a good chunk of Zelda games don't deserve those scores. I miss the N64.

No. Maybe in terms of sheer technical prowess as its physics engine is quite nice, but so many of its elements feel half-baked in the context of a proper game that I can't see it as anything more as the foundation for a more refined sequel down the road. I'd give it a 7, maybe an 8 if one is particularly enthralled by the notion of making their own fun. But from combat to cooking to main story intrigue to dungeon distribution, it absolutely can be improved upon. It feels like a first try at something new.

>It certainly is the best game this decade at minimum
I'd give that honor to KI:U instead. I genuinely pity anyone who couldn't handle the controls.

>still seething over this
kek

BORN DIFFERENT

It's the only Zelda game I've ever dropped, so no. Not in my opinion.

It deserves it. After Skyward Sword, I basically swore off the series unless they made drastic changes. ALBW came out and it seems like they really embraced player freedom by making dungeons doable in whichever order the player chose. BOTW took that philosophy x10 and ran with it. It was incredible and made damn near every other open world game out look like complete shit. While it was some detractors (dungeons, story, and enemy variety) that keep it from being elder god tier, it's leaves the door wide open for it's sequel to achieve all that.

that skyward score is fucking proof that zelda can do no wrong to journalists. that abomination made me wish zelda was dead

>want player to use equip variety
>everything breaks now
>want player to have landmarks
>ubisoft towers everywhere
>want difficulty throughout game
>all enemies become damage sponges
>get rid of full length dungeons
>shitty shrines everywhere
yup 9/10 game indeed

How do you have fun in this game? I went to the village or whatever and now they want me to take photos and go after divine beasts. But it's such a drag and i just close the game after 30 minutes of playing.

I think so. That's the correct average, right?

How do you enjoy The Godfather? The first 40 minutes are all about a wedding and fuck all happens. There's no tits, car chases or explosions. What a drag I just turn it off.

That implies BotW isn't incredibly frontloaded.

>That implies BotW isn't incredibly frontloaded

Speak for yourself. I found the game to have a sustained sense of discovery and wonder throughout. I bet you'll try and convince me that I'm wrong.

You're either moving the goalposts or don't understand your own analogy.
BotW isn't actually building up to anything, if you don't like the game in the first ten or so hours you won't like it more later, it doesn't suddenly introduce a bunch of new mechanics/concepts later on.

It was fine 6/10 new openworld IP.

I'm not that user but I had a completely opposite experience to you
>finish grand plateau
>was pretty good gets my hopes up for rest of the game
>start doing shrines and finding towers
>spend around 20 hours or so doing this
>get into a routine of towers > shrines > towers > shrines
>do a dungeon every now and then to break up the monotony of finding shrines
>get abilities from dungeons that only really help you find more shrines/towers
>don't find anything else of note in the overworld, it's quite barren
>eventually move on to the final dungeon
>finally, some good fucking food.mp4
>castle is okay, but still not as good as grand plateau
>final boss is pitiful
It's probably one of the only few games where I could easily say 10/10 at the beginning and probably a 6/10 by the time you finish it. And know you know how reviewers scored it at 97. Because those fuckers don't play games to their entirety.

>BotW isn't actually building up to anything.

You clearly didn't understand the game at all. BotW gives you one task; save the princess from the evil bad guy's castle. Thats it. The entire game is about you figuring out how to do that.

Educated and cultured people who have a basic understanding of Game Design appreciate BotW and know precisely why its so acclaimed.

Underage plebs remain baffled however. Concepts of Game Design are bewildering to them. The cannot understand a game which doesn't hold their hand and reward with a cutscene after every menial task. So they autistically run from one end of the map to the other screaming that there's nothing to do. BAFFLED.

Basically my experience only I couldn't bring myself to continue past the second divine beast.
The great plateau was fantastic though.

uhhhh.... ya i guess

>you know how reviewers scored it at 97. Because those fuckers don't play games to their entirety.

So why is BotW STILL topping GOAT lists years later after the hype has long died down?

Attached: WhatCulture.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

26 months later, snoyims are still mad

more like a 79.

>BotW
>game design
BotW has ass backwards game design. To the point where it feels like it was conceived by a group of amateurs who then hired professional devs to create it. What BotW has are phenomenal game mechanics, but the game design is trash.

Mainstream enjoys rewarding mediocrity for more clicks? Fuck do I know all I know is I personally didn't have a solid 10/10 experience with this game. If that's too much for you to swallow then I don't know what else to say.

Fuck off falseflagger

Skyward Sword got the "every other game in the series is great, surely this one must be too and I'm just missing it" syndrome that popular series get when they day 1 their game reivews. Even Dark Souls 2 got a 91% on release, while its all-DLC version Scholars of The First Sin got mid 80s even though the DLC is much better than the base game, because people finally realized the base game wasn't that good.

The issue with games like Twilight Princess and Wind Waker is that even though they're not nearly as good at OOT or Z3, they're still head and shoulders above the hundreds of other puzzle adventure games that try to imitate zelda.

In my opinion, yes.
It's the only game I've played it years that's really pulled me in.

I feel pretty much the same way, except I dropped it right before Hyrule Castle.
I've never lost interest in a Zelda game before.
I've heard the castle itself is supposed to be great, but the fact that I ended up disliking all of the Ganon fights made me assume that the final boss would just be more of the same and turned me off of it.

Attached: Dog Sketch.jpg (480x480, 49K)

No, obviously but measure has to be the retardedest of all measurements for the quality of a game, it's Dick measuring with the most despicable peoples in the industry doing the measuring.

Botw is a great experiment in physics based gameplay with great interactions with the environment but it lacked the proper content we would expect from that type of game and needed a proper progression system instead of that tedious weapon brittleness.

SS is the best 3d action game ever made.
Motion combat is flawless, no other game can provide such unique gaming experience.

What's wrong with SS?`Other than the shitty wagglan and shitty enemies that you have to strike precisely.

Attached: 1544188893424.jpg (353x305, 58K)

Nothing.
Fat retards cant handle motion controls. That's it.

It was an enjoyable game and one of the more enjoyable ones since the NES ones. Every single videogame has had inflated scores since the concept of scoring videogames exists.

Yes
It's been 2 years
Time to move on, user. Just let it go.

I had a great time playing it

Fi could get annoying and I hated that the sand temple boss was just a shitty scorpion that they reused as a miniboss later but other than that I really liked it.

You're right on both accounts. Hyrule Castle is pretty good, but Ganon is shit.

I don't like BotW as a game it's the best exploring simulator though

Someone tell me what do "H A R D C O R E" gamers play then?

Metacritic is worthless because there are so many critics who are garbage and shouldn't even be allowed on metacritic because of their absolute lack of understanding when it comes to vidya.

My dick

I dunno hardcore is some gay phrase but tasteful players probably don't touch open world shit in the first place