How come Ace Attorney is the only video game franchise that doesn't get shit for changing up the dialogue and names to...

How come Ace Attorney is the only video game franchise that doesn't get shit for changing up the dialogue and names to the point that it's not even comparable to the original? What makes it immune to criticism, and how is it any better than the likes of Nintendo Treehouse's localization?

Attached: 431 (1).png (498x278, 159K)

it came at a time before weebs were purists
a time where people could enjoy even stuff like ghost stories

What the nig are you talking about? people shat on the terrible localization asunder

Because it was forced down our throats so hard that we had no choice.

>muh meme dub is good dub
That's just you, user.

Because it's done well and the changes are not to ideology nor are they censorship

Not that user and never seen ghost stories but the edgy adult Shin-Chan dub ruled also. There is merit to this shit occasionally.

With all the different puns and references to Jap culture, I'm not sure how else they could've translated it without it devolving into some "Konnichiwa, my name is Ken-sama desu" -tier bullshit.

>"Konnichiwa, my name is Ken-sama desu" -tier bullshit.
I mean that's basically every Persona game just give it more typos and made up words and it's spot on.

It makes sense to change the names. They are Japanese puns in the original so changing them to English puns is only natural.
Changing everything to hamburgers is kind of dumb but at this point it’s charming, like 4kids calling rice balls doughnuts.

>made up words
>when part of the game's writing are literaly puns and references that only make sense if you speak japanese for every character

there's just no way it was going to work to appeal to non weebs.

Hello, everyone! My name is Dragon I see, and with my assistant Evening Village (who loves burgers and who I met after her sister, Thousandfathoms Village, was killed), I investigate crimes and defend clients as a defense attorney! My rival is the prosecutor Clever Swordedge, who I was in primary school with (together with my first client, Youknow Forsure). He was mentored by Fromhell Demon, a famous prosecutor (who is now gone, but his legacy continues with his daughter, Dark Demon).

These days I've taken proteges myself, like Surprise Lawboy and Moon Heartnoise, and adopted a daughter, Seethrough. Life is swell here in Japanifornia.

Attached: 1556449880779.gif (220x274, 302K)

>surprise lawboy
Kek

Not only was Ghost Stories hilarious, but the actual VA was really damn good while at it.

>doesn't get shit on
>several comics making fun of it
>one minorly even the one you used as an OP image
what did he mean by this

>Capcom posted the same comic on twitter once
What did they mean by this?

good sense of humor
>didn't read the minorly bit
what did she mean by this?

Because the changes didn't ruin the product. Same reason nobody was mad about pokemons localization, but people were mad about one pieces localization. If people are mad about a localization either it's actually hurt the product, or the product itself was never good to begin with.

Attached: __inazuma_kantai_collection_drawn_by_fujishima_shinnosuke__368520dadfb62c706a3ed5509ce3a958.jpg (907x1000, 70K)

Yeah, see I what I mean OP?

Because the localization actually improved it.

you know, the original JP names are pure shit when you know what they mean
Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth are just great names

They should just have localized the names and kept the setting. At this point it's just getting silly with entire japan based villages and 2 even more japan themed games never getting localized.

I get what you're going for but names should be left as is, despite all the puns

Attached: CURSEYOUWRIGHT.png (400x950, 185K)

>not putting Franziska and Kay on Edgy's side

The names were puns anyway.
And they had to start in 1-2 with Redd White simply because the method makes no sense outside Nihon, and they just committed to it.

>Small... medium... large...
>"No way, [Masaru Konaka]!?"

Is there anything cuter in this universe than lil Pearly?

I hate Ace Attorney because I know that is it is a favorite among smug law students AKA future professional lying soulless scumbags

shut the fuck up onsokumaru

You don't go to law school to learn justice, you go to learn how to abuse the system and get rich by helping people cheat

idiot

it's actually a place for people with NO sense of justice

>tfw meeting with a lawyer to discuss how my family is, intentionally or not, breaking the law and stealing money from me

i know everything's going to go well, i just hope they don't hold it against me.