RTS, Fighting games, and 1v1 games are not only more competitive...

RTS, Fighting games, and 1v1 games are not only more competitive, but arguably more hype and entertaining than literally every moba and FPS out right now.

Attached: 1533510103337.webm (960x540, 2.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uiMWBKipnzc
youtube.com/watch?v=lvPEKbUPZVA
youtube.com/watch?v=K-DrC0Rbvkw
youtube.com/watch?v=kTbYkNSoIjU
youtube.com/watch?v=6lRrFlHyPj4
youtube.com/watch?v=36UEXyomWck
youtube.com/watch?v=TAeoCwz567g
youtu.be/QaCvmErPtZs?t=709
youtube.com/watch?v=RvTPyzh2ddg
youtube.com/channel/UCT7njg__VOy3n-SvXemDHvg/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah but normies can't handle having no teammates to blame for their losses so they will never be as popular

Eh, Splatoon can be hype as fuck as well, though that's technically a TPS. I wish Splatoon had a community like Smash's again, where it had a tournament scene outside of online.

how do you get gud with fighting games? Just sit in practice mode and grind online matches?

Attached: 1524267971953.jpg (201x201, 5K)

You can do that, and also learn frame data. If you can also get someone else to play with you locally at your skill level.

and play a character you like

youtu.be/uiMWBKipnzc
You play locals

no shame grinding offline with AI too so long as you are trying to learn new strings and apply new tactics over trying to beat it out right. Higher AI can usually be a great teacher if your goal is to learn the more complex systems and not just cheese it for that win you want.

It's a long process of learning & understanding. options. You must not only comprehend your character's moves on a strict, frame data level to be able to push your character forward with guarranted followups, having the most options in neutral, and more, but you must also understand how these moves condition your opponent, and you must be ready to capitalize off of what you expect from your opponent when using a given option, whether it be because of the nature of the option, or because you've successfully outplayed them & conditioned them into an option that benefits you.
It clicks a lot more than you'd think in practice, but still requires regular practice and a mindset that not everyone has. As much as one may try, it can be very difficult to develop multi layered thought process, which is key to winning against an opponent in a Best of 3 or 5. It's an ever changing game of Adaptation.

It's impressive until you realize it's just a competition to see who spent more time practicing.

Tekken takes way too much work to not be eaten alive against anyone half-decent.

You need to have friends you can practice with. The better your training parters, the better you'll be.

Basically. A good step to take is to make sure you test moves/characters that give you trouble in practice mode.

Devour every bit of information on the game you're playing. Find a group to frequently play with locally or online. Rivalries are great as well since you'll both see each other's progress. Also challenge people that are way better than you and branch out of your group so you don't develop bad habits from playing the same opponents. Watch replays to catch your bad habits and use the dummy/recording feature in training mode to set up tricky situations that trip you up. If you're a turbo autist like me put some hours into each character (or study players that are good with them) so you know their bullshit well. I mainly like knowing the cast since it's satisfying to bop people with their own main.

if you are completely 100% new you need to do the trainings a game offers than play offline bots till you can clear them at medium difficulty or higher based on your combos and frame training, then go online and grind there.

No shit, Sherlock.

FGCucks have no right to be as arrogant as they are.
>WE DA MOST SKILL BASED GENRE IF U DONT LIKE OUR GAMES, UR STUPID DUMDUM POOPEE HEAD
Yeah, except uh...no.
Look at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=lvPEKbUPZVA
youtube.com/watch?v=K-DrC0Rbvkw
youtube.com/watch?v=kTbYkNSoIjU
Does this look like """""""""""skill""""""""""""""""" to you? Meanwhile, look at this youtube.com/watch?v=6lRrFlHyPj4
>U ONLY DISLIKE FIGHTING GAMES CUZ U DON'T HAZ A TEEM 2 BLAME UR LOSSES ON
This is an even more retarded argument. Look at this. youtube.com/watch?v=36UEXyomWck
Notice how they went up against an unquestionably more skilled opponent. He won every time in a one on one environment, but were the losers angry or crying? NO! They took their losses in stride.
Meanwhile, THIS is what happens in the FGC, full of REAL men that YOU claim are the APEX of sportsmanship, skill, and community. youtube.com/watch?v=TAeoCwz567g
Makes you think, huh?
It certainly makes think. Makes me think that the games that FGCucks claim to be for REAL men and require HARD WORK is false. Makes me think you're a bunch of salty frauds. Makes me think YOU'RE the ones losing in the video game industry. But guess what? You are. You have the L. Now HOLD it. One day, you'll go the way of Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.

Based pasta poster

Fireraga yourself nigger, those are casuals.

The same could be said of any form of competition, and it's not even true. Some people are just naturally or physically better suited to win. Just like how a tall person automatically has an advantage in basketball, a person with faster reaction times or who's just better at memorizing things will have an advantage in fighting games. Two people practicing in the same way for the same amount of time will NOT have the same results.

>LOOOOOOOOOL FIGHTANS TEH BEST CUZ MILINEAL CASHEWALLS CANT PLAY IT
>n-n-n-n-n--n-nnNOOOOOOOOOO STAHP POSTAN MILINEAL CASHEWALLS PLAYAN FIGHTANZ!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one!
Omegalul. /r/kappa is that way, chief

>1 vs 1
>severely limited strategy
>skills alone decide the result
Sound more like autism to me
I do not disagree with you about the "more competitive" part that watching two autism playing all by themselves is not fun.
Watching dota or soccer is more fun.

You are trying too hard with the trolling now. You were much more effective when you were doing it in earlier threads. I recommend you tone it down and be a little more subtle next time.

It's simple, if you're gonna be a piece of shit I'm not going to rematch you.
If you don't skip the intro poses after I skipped mine, no runback.
If you don't skip the win pose, no runback. You are wasting time. I don't wanna see your faggot rainbow haired Asuka calling me weak, you stupid fuck.
If you play Paul and you deathfist me more than once per round, no rematch, dumbass.
If you play Jack or Kazumi I won't even consider a rematch.
If you play King, and you command grab me, guess what, no runback.
If you play Akuma or Eliza I will just leave the game. I want to play TEKKEN. Not zone fighter. You fucking faggot.
If you play Bryan, and you use his faggot ass snake edge, you can bet I'm not only denying the runback, but I'm sending a complaint to Harada. Get fucked.
If you play Josie don't even think about a runback, you unga spamming retard.
If you play Asuka, I dodge. It's that simple. Play a real character then maybe I'll consider it.
If you play Nina, and spam strings, I absolutely will not be giving a runback. Go fuck yourself. Jerk off to more OnlyPractice videos you cocksucker.
If you play Eddy, I don't even consider you a real player. We both know why you play Eddy. You will stay a scrub forever. No runback, dipshit.

And most importantly, if you hit me after the round is over, we are done. I'm writing your name down and blacklisting you, permanently. You dumb cocksucker. You won the round, don't rub it in. Show some fucking sportsmanship.
It's simple, don't be a faggot and I'll give you the runback.

its not all numbers really. its a lot of mind games as well. first things first learn fundies, spacing etc. then go for combos and discord tech. you dont have to to sit in practice mode for 200 hours because in the end the people you match against are not going to sit there and be a training dummy. so the more experience you get against people the better, even if you get stomped. you have to be willing to accept that you get out what you put in and that you wont start off like daigo or knee

imagine being this much of an autist

Holy fuck look at this autism.

Tekken is shit.

Attached: 1557861164791.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

>Tekken

Attached: ross.png (1365x732, 1006K)

Nice ad hom

outplayed

git gud

I want to rape Julia

God Bless King

Attached: 1521243013725.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

dialate

Do people not know that every character can parry low?

just sidewalk left lmao

>parry low
>he does a mid

post 30 seconds of you reacting, not guessing, but reacting to hellsweep

It's a shame all the newer ones keep getting more and more dumbed down. At least there's a new BW league to watch I guess.

Attached: 1550427863110.png (480x580, 359K)

>Katsuhiro Harada

Attached: h.webm (710x400, 2.94M)

hellsweep is unreactable retard
what they should be doing is staying on the ground in that situation. They are idiots for waking up early

i think its more hype because anything can go wrong in an instant if you wiff your combos. unlike moba and fps where you need to wait for a few minutes to actually get to the moment and must have a little bit of knowledge of that game to enjoy watching it. just imagine watching magic of the gathering livestream and you dont even understand how the game or the cards work, you would immediately find something enjoyable and easier to understand

Attached: 1555877115204.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

explain

Most of this is true, but with basketball, not so much. If you are tall there are disadvantages.

Yeah we know.

The only reason why mobas and shooters are more popular is because people can blame their teammates when they lose or get carried to ranks they should not be in.

You cant do that in a fighting game

Tekken is the most 50/50 heavy fighting game ever made. In Street Fighter and other games like it, you open up your opponent with frame traps, reactable overheads, and tick throws (worst option for the attacker). In Tekken, you open up your opponent by forcing them to guess between an unreactable mid and an unreactable low, both of which hurt like hell.

>You cant do that in a fighting game
See some SF IV widows then, pic unrelated of course

I'm dumb

Attached: file.png (596x265, 25K)

>Side step left.
>Duck and Punish
>Low Parry
>Low Crush (Hopkick)
>Stay grounded and try to read a ff4
If you're letting people hit you with HSweeps all day, they're in your head and not reacting properly after getting hit by one.

see Then go back to resetera

Not every character has a hellsweep you know.

>severely limited strategy
how?
>skills alone decide the result
are you implying that it shouldnt? also there are plenty of characters that require you to be creative to use them to their max potential
youtu.be/QaCvmErPtZs?t=709

Right, just the good ones.

Attached: file.png (1000x1050, 922K)

You've never played Tekken

Brian doesn't have a hellsweep, it's a snake edge and snake edge's are reactable.

Steve is top tier and he doesn't have a hellsweep. Also Bryan doesn't have a hellsweep either.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUH FIGHANT GAEMZ IS PERFECT ANY1 WHOM'ST SAYS ANYTHING BAD ABOUT DEM IS DUMDUM POOPEE HED
Stfu, fgcuck

>snake edge's are reactable

Attached: 1518492050337.png (423x610, 218K)

>normies can't handle having no teammates to blame for their losses so they will never be as popular

This is so true. In a 1v1 fighting game you have nobody to blame but yourself. One of my earliest arcade memories was when I was 9 or 10 and I beat a guy who was in his early 20's in front of his girlfriend at Tekken 4 because I'd played the game a lot on PS2. He got really salty and said to his gf "He probably comes everyday.". So essentially he was mad that yes, I had practiced more and was better than him.

Attached: 1538860785188.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

You forgot about the autistic movement to whiff punish stuff and doing safe strings until you do the unsafe part that the guy will mash so you can get a counter and 50% of his life or just a poke if he's lucky

Attached: 1557798720523.webm (512x576, 2.72M)

*WHEEEEEZE*
youtube.com/watch?v=RvTPyzh2ddg

do you play on ps4 by any chance?

It has a 30 frame start up

Geese is so fucking cool in Tekken

Snake edges are ~i25, are you telling me you don't have a half second reaction time?

multiple ways to stop this from happening like said. not to mention both of these characters getting swept have EXTREMELY good tools for avoiding this (for king he can jaguar step backwards, feng can kenpo back)

I'm not new to the game. I'm asking you to explain to me why tekken is shit based off of that clip. Just so I know you're not a complete brainlet, answer this:

What is Bob's 50/50? What mid reward does the character achieve? I wanna know if you know.

And for the record, opening w/ 50/50s is a risky tactic. 50/50s in tekken are not as good as you think, since there's a way out of all of them. This dude woke up into EVERY one of those lows. He didn't spring kick, he didn't stay grounded, he didn't know the MU. The bob player at that point was obviously trolling. He knew he could get away his spam. How does this clip state that Tekken is a bad game?

Hey haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?

>cherry picked videos of casuals/paid actors

>multiple ways to stop this from happening
There are multiple ways to dodge a bullet too, but can you dodge it without seeing coming it first? Same shit with hellsweep, even Aris, the biggest shill in existence said it's unreactable, especially only, it's pure guessing

>extremely
I wouldn't call bJGS anything other than niche utility, it's nowhere near as good as kenpo step

I play SFV which is arguably the easiest game to get into and I’m still getting raped but Master and up ducks that are just that much smarter and better than me. And that realization that it’s all my fault and no one else’s is the hardest pill to swallow sometimes. I fucking love it though. Normies will never understand.

Attached: FF418FA0-922A-4042-AD8E-A67711A7ED93.jpg (1020x1447, 546K)

see

That is why there is movement. You are put into zero risk and can dodge both the mid and the hellsweep.

but only fighting games are easy to watch. theres just fixed camera of two players no big map to miss big moments

Attached: 1550180109338.webm (640x360, 1.9M)

My guy, I'm bad at Tekken. My friend mains Brian and he is better than me. He never hits me with Snake Edge.

Can you tell me where the fighting games touched you?

It's pasta dude

You've never played Tekken

We have one of the shitposting autists but we don't have the other. Whatever happened to the bloody roar furry?

>Whatever happened to the bloody roar furry?
Konami

im not going to pretend that i block every snake edge but at 5 and even maybe 4 bar connection its really seeable. the only ones that you might not block are laws and noctis since theyre faster. once your familiar with the animation it gets easier

Nah the dude that posts constant wojacks about tekken and then after being called a furry would constantly spam King.

That's my image fuckface, don't use it

I have 67% of all achievments in MVC3, including incredibly rare ones. It's not a matter of skill or blame. They are garbage.

Fighting games and RTS are a beautiful thing to watch when two pros are going at it.

Is tekken more active on PC than PS4? It's on sale on humble and considering getting it on PC too.

Attached: 0.png (700x701, 157K)

>darli
Man, when that game releases there's going to be an unimaginable amount of shitposting from people not aware of Samsho damage. Already envisioning threads opening with whining or "DEFEND THIS" shit lol

Attached: 1269593865730.jpg (2396x2987, 1.09M)

Everyone plays on PC, for this reason alone

Attached: tekken ps4.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

>not even 70%

I don't know which is more active, but PC is pretty active.

This isn't any better on PC. The game has artificial load times.

watch this channel

youtube.com/channel/UCT7njg__VOy3n-SvXemDHvg/videos

see

This. Also pros will obliterate noobs so fucking hard regardless of rating systems set in place and the noobs will be disheartened to the point of playing a different game. Shits just impossible unless theres some casual element to milk some casuals.

Yeah that's why I said you have half a second to react, which is plenty of time

He is trying real hard to get (you)'s now

What's funny is every element added to cater to casuals just gets them obliterated harder.

you counter this shit with movement and keepout moves.
or you go full rushdown yourself. it really aint that hard.

sort yourself out.
wash your penis
get your boomer brain to work again.

Attached: bb10acd6c04a7ec3b638e6a79358c3a4.jpg (402x480, 34K)

See

Miss me with that gay shit

What's so special about that?

See

less than 5% of players that touch the game have some of the cheevos I have. I'm OBJECTIVELY skilled at the game

nothing actually
but he thinks it's impressive cause that's what online-only warriors like him use as measurement of skill

I think it's the same guy posting here

Attached: tekkenpasta.png (1902x7994, 2M)

See

that first reset made me throw up

and a reminder that people wanted Tekken x SF

Show me your cheevos, then.

Have you won any tournaments? What are the trophies/achievements for?

(you)

>Have you won any tournaments?
Why would I dedicate an entire weekend to playing a PoS kusogay?

It literally does. Why do you think I'm baiting? The game has built-in fake loading screens for god-knows-what reason. Watch your fucking hard drive light when you're loading a match. It will stop flickering and you'll still be sitting there loading.

I still kind of want it just to see how my wife would translate to 3d, I know it wouldn't be as good as a proper tekken game.

Attached: 1535932081586.gif (119x129, 158K)

>462201526
>tell him that trophies don't mean shit
>''show me da cheevos mane''
not getting a real (You) from me. You are trying too hard

>RTS
Cringe

I swear I've run into this autist in a few fighting threads before. They're literally addicted to shitposting/replies. It's equal parts funny and sad, man.

The only reason you say that is because you have fewer than me. Prove me wrong. You LITERALLY can't

You realize that it's a popular game on PC, right? You realize you're in a thread with people who actually own and play the game, right?

fucking stupid.

Then you're probably not good.

You know they would probably reduce the movelist for Tekken characters, since they're not crazy to give Ryu +30 moves, right?

Attached: 1529795194250.jpg (4999x1500, 2.79M)

he's falseflagging as me, just a reminder if you're replying to the other guy, you're being baited

Attached: file.png (1539x279, 48K)

You're at a huge frame disadvantage, moving is just not an option here

Where this pasta from? Someone actually writed this.

fighting is fun

Attached: 1527724020742.webm (852x480, 2.87M)

see
I am OBJECTIVELY better than at least 80 people that have ever touched the game. This is irrefutable

post trophies and explain em, or get called gay bad.

Attached: 1519050513926.png (744x661, 542K)

Holy fuck, I had no idea it was that bad on consoles. I just tested to see how fast my loads were by comparison and it is night and day.
Granted I have T7 on an M2 drive which is probably better than average, but still.

Attached: 1527951060895.webm (1280x720, 1.58M)

>better than at least 80 people
Probably accurate lmao

>muh "fake loading screens"
>muh "there's no way PC can popssibly be that much faster than console"

Attached: t7 fake loading screens.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

Are you going to spout the same retardation like the FGNPC you are?
Don't be retarded on purpose, you know that was supposed to be 80%

>please validate me guys!

I think Mortal Kombat is easier to get into.

How are fighting games not RNG? Are all competitive games RNG

Attached: hismashgeneral.jpg (482x453, 23K)

How are they RNG? Most fighting games don't have a single random factor and even in the ones with rng gimmicks like Guilty Gear the player that played better wins 97 times out of 100

Fighting games are all about frame data, it can't be RNG

Offline matches load much faster, try a quick play match.

>50/50

Fighting games can be boiled down into rock,paper,scissors right user? They have few option, which means it's a guess on what your opponent will do. Same thing in a FPS, it's a guess where they will pop out and you have to have better aim then they do to win if it's a tie

Whats the best single player fighting game for the PS4 to this day? Not taking into account network modes, what should I buy? I grew up with SNK fighting games and Tekken

For the story? I'd go Mortal Kombat by about a mile.

By that logic everything in life is rng.

I see your point but I still dont get how they arent RNG

Not story per se although it counts, but more about gameplay and replayability

Why would I do that? Online fighting games are trash.

Why only singe player user? You're missing out on the best parts of fighting games.

Attached: FGCucks BTFO eternally.png (4992x4064, 1.52M)

I'm not knocking the skill involved in playing the games, but I don't see how anybody can enjoy spectating RTS or MOBA games. I suppose it's easier to follow if you're really into the games, but to me it's like trying to follow a chess match where I don't know the rules and can only see a fraction of the board. FPS's aren't much better since you also have to watch the match from the player's perspective. Fighting games seem to be the only competitive genre that's universally simple to understand and shows you everything happening on both sides of the match at once.

My friends and acquaintances arent into videogames anymore if it isnt FIFA, and I dont like online matches. Craving for some fighting game, thats why Im asking

>What are the trophies/achievements for?
Most of it's just stuff like "play against a certain team online," "play against every character online," "get past the kyu ranks online," and "spend 1000 total meter." The only somewhat difficult achievement is doing most of the trials, but it's not like those are hard.

Attached: waterfox_2019-05-14_21-06-18.jpg (751x105, 16K)

Because players doing things intentionally isn't RNG
If it was there would be no good players and tournaments would have the same results as rolling dice. Anything with skill involved stops being RNG.

Also fun fact, humans are so inherently bad at doing things truly "randomly" that it is actually possible to be "good" at Rock Paper Scissors. There are people who have a statistically significant advantage and are more likely to win at what is supposed to be a pure chance guessing game. Obviously it's not a huge variation and it's only observable over decently large numbers of games, but it is there. Not saying RPS is a skill based game or anything, but it's a good example of prediction and pattern recognition are skills that can make even something that is supposed to be completely random, not.

You seem really desperate for (You)s so I'll give you one.

Attached: IMNOTSEETHINGISWEAR.jpg (601x508, 31K)

I miss fighting games. Ever since USF4 and Marvel 3 died I haven't really taken a liking to anything new. I want to try an anime fighter but none of them seem popular enough, like the barrier for entry would be super high because it's just 70 people who've been playing for 100 years.

>Offline achievements

Attached: 1555731420748.jpg (480x640, 12K)

too many tryhards
just let me play online and go to locals whenever I feel like it

Attached: 1526569504688.jpg (670x988, 136K)

Reminder that you aren't Anthony Burch or the autist in this thread. Have a good week anons.

it's a pasta retard

I cant even follow at this point

GG or Unist are fine to start. You might have to ask for matches on discord/in a thread outside of peak hours and you'll definitely get your ass kicked when you're starting out, but the average level of play isn't as high as you think and you'll get to where you can at least put up a fight surprisingly fast if you've got previous fighting game experience and know how to practice. Most of the real killers tend to stick to sets vs other killers and locals, it's pretty rare to run into someone actually top level randomly online. You'll probably still get stomped by the intermediate players, but catching up to them isn't nearly as hard as the guys getting top8s
Also Them's Fightin' Herds is really easy to pick up and probably the easiest anime fighting game to get into that doesn't sacrifice too much for it, if you just want something to pick up and be sort of decent at a character in a couple days with no really arcane mechanics to learn, it's a legit fun game with fantastic netcode and lobbies that makes the tiny playerbase feel a little more bearable.

Fighting games are shit unless they're sports simulations and I'm being generous.

Attached: 1556841990800.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

I think they just take very different skillsets. Im terrible at Fightan. I love watching it, but I just hit a peak where I can beat button mashers but anyone semi competent can destroy me, and AI are too easy to really get gud while playing. Assfaggots are more planning and reacting to changing circumstances, and shootan is reaction speed.

I've beaten lil maijin with my own King. Evo is a joke.

What if they have characters that incorporate their respective sport into their fighting style?

Attached: 1662179-rs_illust_cafeteria.jpg (890x650, 168K)

Not Tekken though.

ASTACHADS WW@
NEW BUFFS ARE UPON US

Attached: astaroth_sc_4_20180406_1533309131.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

the absolute state of this fucking guy lmao
I can't believe how thirsty for (You)s someone can be

Reminds me of a thread a while back about 'anons I fell for the arcade stick meme they're shit' where OP had the same hunger for (you)s. He'd dodge any discussion with his 'facts'. It's a level of patheticness I'm glad I've never hit in my many years using this site.

There's something oddly humbling about realising you might be autistic but you aren't that autistic.

Have you seen the guy that posts in the Degrees of Lewdity threads when they pop up? That guy is on an entirely different level. Posts every 90 seconds on the dot for upwards of 20+ hours straight spamming the same things.

was it really necessary

was it REALLY

Attached: 1538423344522.webm (852x480, 2.83M)

holy shit what a chad

I'm a tranny so my brain sucks at hand eye coordination and logic in general, sorry guys ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: 60280033_1274313182723132_8582441351537229824_n.jpg (712x713, 101K)

akuma did that to me in the final mission of the story mode

Attached: 1532364253002.webm (888x500, 3M)

Tekken is ass however. SFV is shit too.

I laughed

t. scrub

why did you post this webm? am i supposed to recognize the players? why is the cammy doing that?

For me it is VF. Damn shame the scene was too retarded to jump on it when FS was released but are now latching onto T7 since SF fucked up so bad and weebshit devs are dropping the ball completely bar one dev.

>3 frames startup dragon punch
why is this allowed?

Shit is more like chess if anything, nigga. You have multiple options to answer a situation.

I really want a new Killer Instinct

Attached: 1527347155223.png (800x1000, 423K)

VF is fun, but pretty hard to get into. So much stupid shit to even think about when playing it. I still struggle with trying to get fuzzy guards when jean or jacky just unga bungas.

This is probably the most retarded post I've seen in a while, thanks user.

Attached: 1551894545547.jpg (387x387, 16K)

To have a real wake up option. There is a reason wake up dp is a good option, but some people are smart enough to do something called a "safe jump" to bait out a wake up DP.
You wake up dp when they are getting too aggressive, not whenever the fuck you want.

I hope bbtag's new patch ends up being good. I skipped over that game because I was playing dbfz at the time. After watching a few of the recent tournaments, I'm seeing a lot of cool synergies between the characters that's right up my alley.

Mk11 turned out to be pretty fun after getting past the initial NRS learning curve. Only thing that sucks is that half the cast is limited by their variations.

There was a guy posting in /weg/ who without fail would respond to everything negative no matter what time of day it was.

Sounds like the guild wars 2 general bot

Anyone play Melee? Been wanting to play again but I've never dealt with netplay. Is online playable and is there a decent player base?

They were unique posts each time and went on for months. Think he was finally banned.
I do, netplay is infinitely better than Ultimate's online in terms of connection stability.
The player base is also pretty big depending on location.

Yeah, look up the guides on Anther's Ladder on how to get it set up.
It's extremely responsive, matchmaking is fast and much more playable than any official nintendo Smash games are online.

It actually amazes me how they've regressed in terms of online play.

see

Have an IQ of at least 110 and do that, yes

>samefagging THIS hard
cringe

Holy shit there is so much wrong with this mindset. I'm not going to go into great detail why, but put simply; when rock, paper, scissors is played by humans in a long set (note the set part), it is generally regarded as NOT being RNG because as humans -- previous information has great impact on our decision making (for example, winners are more likely to repeat their option). In other words, the choices you make are NOT independent of one another meaning it's not RNG. basically hints at it. Not only that, in fighting games it is typical (though not always) for one of the options (from a 50/50) to be more unsafe or risky. Information like that can be used by the opponent to deduce the outcome. "He's low on health, and is presenting a mixup, it's very unlikely he's going to do the punishable mid, meaning he'll do the safe high...the high is duckable." You duck and blow him the fuck out. Now obviously it's not always that simple (as the opponent might know that you know going for the high would be the likely choice), but it is an example of how the safety of a mixup can have an impact on a human's decision making. This impacts arena shooters to the same degree, just because you can CHOOSE to go anywhere doesn't mean you will -- your decision will be influenced on where the power ups are on the map and so on. Meaning that can't be RNG. Even if we were to accept it as RNG according to your definition it would be useless due to the fact you couldn't make any meaningful distinction between what actually is RNG and what isn't.

Put simply most fighting games can NOT be RNG because, the relative safety of the options compounded with the success/failure of previous mix up situations result in heavily influencing a player's decision making. A decision guided by information is not RNG.

Attached: 1536445067821.jpg (572x303, 123K)

how can fighting game threads on Yea Forums be so shit?

Attached: 1500846530741.jpg (1280x800, 83K)

Yea Forums is shit at playing videogames.

You have to know what you're talking about to have a real discussion about fighting games due to how precise they are compared to other genres.

thanks user

He's right though, FGC always brings up people who play mobas blaming their team, meanwhile all fighting game fans do is cry about:

the game being broken/unbalanced
a character being broken or cheap
people "tier whoring"
people 'spamming"
people "zoning"
combos being too long
people not "letting me move"
the meta being unfair to their main
their main taking more skill than whatever their opponents use and how it means the game is for scrubs

You fighting game faggots are the biggest crybaby bitches of all time, you're even WORSE than moba players, which is fucking frightening. At least in mobas sometimes it really IS your team's fault you lose, in fighters you literally have no excuse yet all you faggots do is bitch bitch bitch

>muh LTG

Fuck off, you faggots all do that fucking shit, he's just smart enough to make money off it

Knowledge is required to have an opinion. So people will immediately call you out for spouting shit.

Nice insecurity fag

You can't prove me wrong, faggot. Moba players are garbage, but fighting game fans are just as faggoty.

fpbp :(

I can.

see You can literally see that I'm objectively good, the game just sucks

what a pathetic appeal to authority

Holy shit you autistic faggot please shut the fuck up

>claim all FG detractors are stupid and bad at the game
>get shown otherwise
>MUH APEEL 2 AUTHORITAH
Nice.

Nah, I think I'll dab on you FGCucks while you seethe ur mum's basement

Attached: DTzSLf6.png (1024x748, 399K)

Literally get some friends
J/k I'm pretty good at tekken because I've played with my bros ever since tekken 1 on ps1. (my favourite was t4, and I KNOW, that t4 was objectively bad but I LIKED it, alright?) I probably have more than 10,000 hours in tekken 5: dr

not so great at other fighting games. Struggle hard with street fighter, suck shit at DOA, pretty goddamn bad at mortal kombat

I think you need to read the definition of RNG user.

>he doesn't know who mokujin is every single round just from the idle pose
>laughingwhores.bat

Ya seethe? Ya boil? Ya stew? Ya worked? Ya fume? Ya mad? Ya angry? Ya outraged?

>doesn't block
>doesn't low parry
>does the same roll (wrong roll) every time
he deserved what he fucking got

what about 1v1 fps

sneed

A 1v1 fps might actually be the most skill based competitive gamemode but it doesn’t exist for some reason

its called quake...

would you fags quoting quotes at each other please fuck off

And doom
And overwatch

Fighting game discussion is largely shit wherever you go.