Persona is shit

Persona is shit.

I exclusively play Japanese games but even I can admit when something is trash. There's so many good JRPG's out there, stop playing surface level weeb pandering garbage.

Attached: kwClhe1.png (3794x2133, 3.64M)

what exactly do you not like about persona games?

Persona is good, well it was before 5 came out

Attached: 1552094099983.png (550x413, 113K)

>I exclusively play Japanese games
kill yourself you have no right to an opinion

pls recommend me some good jrpgs! are you a fan of the Tales of series??

I'm playing P4 right now, and P5 is better in literally every way.

Let me guess, you're a witcher 3 fan, aren't you?

I've recently discovered the Ys series. I'm currently playing ys oath in felghana, it's good, especially for a 2005 game.

Uh huh sure. I believe you. Post some more of your shitty opinions if it pleases you.

It's not. 5 is worst in everyway. 4 is okay and yet 5 being even worse is a actual accomplishment.

He's a salty SMT faggot ignore OP

No thanks. I'll keep enjoying them, and you can do you.

Attached: 1555974630039.jpg (2921x1002, 1.37M)

Bing bing yahooo

>5 is worst in everyway
Explain.
Try not to spoil much though, I still haven't played P3 and haven't finished P4.

based

>I exclusively play Japanese games
ok...
>There's so many good JRPG's out there
there are also many good western games but doesn't seem like you care
>weeb pandering
that's why I played P3

Instant cope

Worst story (fucking somehow), worst gameplay, worst music, worst characters.

I'm comparing it to P4:
>worst gameplay
P4's palaces are literally Mementos. You just run around the same rooms and kill enemies, no actual exploration, dialogues, "puzzles" (those were too easy in P5, but still they were a thing in that game).
>worst music
>worst characters
I like P5's music more personally, also subjective

oh also, P5 is a lot more stylish than P4.
P5 is worth a playthrough even if you don't like turn-based combat, and I can't say the same for P4.

Ignore him, he's a butthurt Yukarifag who's mad he got laughed out of /pg/ so now he spams every Persona or SMT related thread on Yea Forums

>Yukarifag

I bet the faggot likes FES too.

Fag ruined a comfy ass DeSu thread. Fuck him.

t. bingtendie still seething about not getting a port

translation:
>not on the switch, not bing bing wahoo, i'm too poor to buy a ps4, i'm butthurt that joker got into my party game instead of banjo.

Retarded meme. The dungeons in 5 being not as shit ad 4 doesn't make them good. At least in 4 they were over quick. They're all linear and horizontally designed, mostly consisting of corridors. Madarame has the painting gimmick which is just a visual effect for two rooms and the tired "pick the right path" warp room cliche. Kaneshiro has you go up a floor to take a down elevator and the rest of it is a linear ass path. Okumura's is nothing but corridors with a few cute transitions to make it feel more dynamic. Sae is yet more corridors with gimmick rooms planted at each end. Shido is literally two decently designed ship rooms and the same couple of corridors copy-pasted over and over again, also a pool and a shitty mouse puzzle. The point was to revisit places, unlock shortcuts and so on, it seems they scrapped that for later dungeons, made them glorified hallways and added safes room shortcuts. Just look at the layouts in the game, they work better if you only can teleport back, not in. The fucking Life will Change song was made for this, since you will only listen 10 seconds from it if you teleport to the boss room, it was made so you would traverse the entire dungeon by the shadows evading most enemies thanks to the things you unlocked on your first run. Also the first two dungeons are the only ones where the PT dont enter from the main door and plan a escape route where they take the treasure and escape unseen, they just throw the whole thieves concept after that.

Attached: 1017142.png (500x632, 205K)

I've been thinking to start Ys too. What's a good one to start with?
My first falcom games was Tokyo Xanadu and I had a blast with it.

>ANOTHER MegaTen thread

Who sat down and went "yes, this is a good idea"

like, really, who?

why? What fucking asshole greenlit this

Attached: 59802[1].png (1362x800, 135K)

At least this one is actually related to video games.

>There's so many good JRPG's out there
Like what?

The Ys series is standalone like FF, so you can theoretically jump into any game as a starting point. Most usually start with Chronicles, Oath, or VIII, but here's a guide if you want it.
Other things:
>The bump games are kino, don't skip out on those
>No one cares about Mask of the Sun when we have Dawn of Ys, even if Sun is canon
>Oath and Origin are usually considered the best and must-plays
>Bring headphones and turn up the volume as well; you won't regret it

Attached: 1550494972499.png (1600x900, 145K)

P5 isn't worth playing at all. The gameplay isn't good

That place isn't even that bad with the right apps

That's not even that bad

Attached: mapnageki06.png (940x3112, 212K)

Solid guide friend.
Cheers.

Fucking zoomer and their short attention span.
Back in the days we had to make our own map with teleporting shit like this.

>P4's palaces
Its ok, persona 5 was your first persona game so you're obsessed with comparing other games in the series that were developed before it.

the gameplay sucks, but persona has the best music out of any game series. this is an objective fact

>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON’T LIKE!!!!111

Attached: B8E69F45-C0BE-41BB-88EA-FE82F8069C4F.jpg (300x300, 10K)

I had fun with 3 and 4, but 5 really wasn't that impressive to me

100% you're saying this as a sagafag

Trails of Cold Steel worth looking into? The MEGA download link on Nyaa stalls unfortunately, not sure if I should give up on it or continue if it's worth persevering for.

______________________________no, not really______________________________________

>weeb pandering
What the fuck does this mean anymore, they're Japanese games pandering to Japanese people.

Weeb doesn't mean exclusively for Japanese people.

Adachi was the murderer and the gas station attendant gave you your powers.

In p3 itsuki is the bad guy who's helping the collective to die. MC dies.