Already forgotten

>Already forgotten
What went wrong?

Attached: 508499-ace-combat-7-skies-unknown-playstation-4-front-cover.png.jpg (800x800, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2wiskH1UE4c
youtube.com/watch?v=dZBoiW460nU
youtube.com/watch?v=CEeB2R-outc
youtube.com/watch?v=haEoo0RHu-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pt-UNgLCyGU
youtube.com/watch?v=2o_XGQ3EcrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They took waaaaay to fucking long to release story DLC that was clearly teased.

Also the multiplayer fucking sucks. Endless turnfighting and QAAMs.

This. Still looking forward to it though.

Attached: ACE COMBAT 7_ SKIES UNKNOWN - Season Pass Trailer _ PS4, X1, PC (1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4_s (1920x1080, 3.86M)

Today's my birthday. A good Ace Combat thread sure would be nice.

It's Ace Combat, what is there to talk about? I love the game and play it still occasionally but it's pretty limited in scope. Gets me my fly around and blow shit up fix though.

Happy birthday, buddy.

Attached: Larry_Foulke.jpg (1012x676, 96K)

Has anyone in the history of ever managed to hit all three beaches on bunker shot?

Attached: 300px-Sukhoi_Su-47_Berkut_(S-37)_in_2001.jpg (300x196, 15K)

tfw

Attached: file.png (945x263, 66K)

>Why do you still challenge me?
>You can't win, it's not your destiny
>Like the moth who flies into the flame
>You won't return, you'll lose your name
How come Phoenix is such a dick, holy shit?

Attached: 1ScarfaceAC02.jpg (484x480, 53K)

I finished my hard mode run yesterday so I wouldn't call it forgotten.
Hard mode was surprisingly easy thanks to the Su-57. That plane is just too good; even the dreaded space elevator climb was fairly easy on it.

Time to start again on Ace difficulty. I wonder how hard it will be.

You should go back to The Witcher if you feel so much disgust towards games "limited in scope".

Attached: 20190512213211_1.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

This is my first AC and I played it a lot, but I feel like there weren't enough missions where you actually need to fly well. I did the night raid through canyon mission way too often because I loved to find out how fast I can go through there. That canyon gave me more excitement than any other mission. But it gets old. There should have been 10 missions where you crash endlessly if you're not good enough with the controls. And surely there are more creative ways to handle multiplayer.

Is it still the GOAT, Yea Forums?

Attached: Ace_Combat_Zero_Box_Art_North_America.jpg (310x438, 35K)

>And surely there are more creative ways to handle multiplayer.
There are, and they've done them pretty recently, but by deciding to switch to UE they apparently couldn't figure out how to make them work. And then there's the fact they scrapped the campaign halfway through...

04's my favorite with 7 close behind.
0's my least favorite of the Trinity. Doesn't mean it isn't amazing though. It's still a strong 9/10.

I can't talk about the other games in the series because I've only played 4, 5, Zero, X and 7, but at least on those games there are very few missions where your flying through enclosed spaces gets tested to your limits. You have a tunnel run (two on 5) and that's it.

I like AC and have never played the Witcher. No need to cry little bitch boy.

My favorite is _5_.
I don't like to talk about it very much because everyone else considers it to be the Dark Souls 2 of the series; not even Assault Horizon gets so much hate.

They went through 4's formula instead of zero and 5's

Zero > 5 > 7 > 4 > X > Assault Horizon

I didn't played 6

Attached: dois.png (917x507, 704K)

I think it gets more hate than it deserves, yeah.
Then again, I'm the kinda guy who smiles at the cheesy bullshit in AC6, so AC5's tone didn't bother me a fucking bit.

Is... Is that considered hard to do?

Attached: 1434129301883s.jpg (124x124, 2K)

The only thing i disliked about 5 was so much how about the plot was about peace compared to other games in the series
And also how Nagase is a fucking Mary Sue

Assault Horizon gets less visible hate because it's easier to hate and almost everyone agrees it's shit
5 is my least favorite of the PS2 games and I could give plenty of reasons why but it's still great

Attached: 1518218308748.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

I get what you mean. The game is anti-war while also depicting war in the most radical way possible. I think it's a very sincere narrative, throughout all that. I played the HD remaster and got teary eyed at Sea of Chaos and the squadrons joining up and singing "Journey Home".
Guess I'm just too much of a softie to be bothered by that stuff.

Ace Combat, and arcade flight combat in general, has always been super niche.

Don't know what you guys are talking about. Acefags absolutely loathe AH and suck 5s and 0s cocks.

I like both games just fine, both have pros and cons (AH a little more cons, but still playable). I just mention that I don't hate AH and people in AC threads just lose their shit. This was of course before AC7 was even announced. Don't know how the actual fanbase is nowadays. Back then, people took AC5 to be the standard of how ace combat should be and anything that deivates, especially the away from "stragereal", is shit. It's not like the actual gold standard of the series is 2 or anything, of which 4 and 7 actually heavily references in terms of story and mission design.

>has always been super niche.
Why is that? I feel like these games should have carved out a fairly substantial niche, but even on Yea Forums, they remain pretty much unknown. Which is partially good, since it means no shitposters come to threads.

>no shitposters come to threads.
Unless it's Simfag. But he usually shows up after midnight.

>but even on Yea Forums, they remain pretty much unknown
Having to think in 3 dimensions is complex for the average gamer. They've still done pretty well for themselves- 4 sold around 2.5 million copies and IIRC 7 is doing better than that.

>I didn't played 6
Its better than 5, marginally. Not worth buying the game and console for, but there are genuine improvements.

I'm assuming that 7 is the best selling entry in the series?

Because there are only a few different types of levels and it does get old. I like the games though.

>1 plane per month
>paid 90 fucking dollaroos for Game+season pass
>now its almost half as cheap since its been 5 fucking months

Attached: 1462075274725.gif (540x300, 364K)

>(AH a little more cons, but still playable).
stopped reading there.

Attached: hsarb4h93mf11.jpg (828x897, 85K)

>What went wrong?
One of the things I want to point out is that our guys keep losing pilots and characters in AC7, some right at the moment they become relevant, and we get to kill a total of ZERO human enemy plot characters. They all get away and the game just ends. Even that Glitnir guy who guns down a bunch of student volunteers at Stonehenge. Just poof and he's escaped. He somehow slips out of the blocade of IUN tanks that the Eruseans all died trying to bypass. I didn't feel like I won the war just by shooting down the drones. I felt that they all got away and we lost every guy and girl we were supposed to care for. It got me depressed at subsequent playthroughs. Felt like I lost the war in the end. The timer to kill bad guys just ran out.

The highlight of the game to me was when Cyclops squadron invites us to join his airbase and we get to be part of the Long Range Strategic Strike Group. But even then our guy the Cyclops leader gets killed at Farbanti. Playing it once I didn't notice so much but repeating it on harder difficulties and man I started to feel that maybe the game would have been better if we got to at least avenge the guy by killing Mihaly and not seeing him alive. That would at least give Trigger a total of 1 Ace kill. Cough cough after all he's following the footsteps of Blaze and Cipher. Mobius 1 is still active; the actual legend of Usea.

It's true. It has the misfortune of being a 6/10 in a series of 8-10s, so it seems worse than it is. The worst AC is still, by all means, a perfectly playable Action game.

This is exactly what I speak of, unless you're doing this to intentionally.

Won't it include the other story DLC?

Don't mind me, just posting the best track from the entire franchise.
youtube.com/watch?v=2wiskH1UE4c

It might be. It's sold around 250k-500k on steam so far, probably a lot better on the consoles.
Not him, but the (bigly exaggerated I agree) hate for AH comes from a lot of people in the AC community thinking it was the nail in the coffin for the series.

Really? People say it's 100 times more cheesy and the only redeeming part is the gameplay

I honestly don't care. I just want my plens
>Morgan is the last plane to release which is 3 fucking months away

Attached: 1465327056357.gif (444x250, 2.28M)

>thinking
To be fair, it kind of was. It took us 8 years to get another installment.

I love this song, but it's mad overrated, desu. It isn't even top 5 for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=dZBoiW460nU
Now THIS is more like it.

The trick is it has to be forgotten, for now. Though the game is good, it has brought a ton of shitposting to AC threads with it. So let it rest, let it be "forgotten". After a while, the good threads will return. Too bad the DLC will revive the shitposting for another 3 months at least, but it is what it is.

Based.

Didn't have much trouble with Ace difficulty. AA guns & SAMs are still no threat, compared to other titles and the high g turns make it easy to line up shots & evading missles.
Feels like the easiest Ace and that's leaving out cheesy shit like checkpoint resets.

You are right about the cheesiness. And its not for the better. I read IGN's review and I'm surprised even the normalfags think so too.

Personally, I love 6, it's my favorite Ace Combat game. The cutscenes were done really poorly but everything that goes on in the missions is good and it's not even cheesy most of the time. Too bad there's so few missions as is.

Attached: 1550559296513.jpg (1199x687, 58K)

So you're saying this twisted game needs to be reset?

Attached: 1458932570196.png (1278x786, 742K)

AC0 soundtrack is fine I supose. I never liked it at all. I prefer tracks like these. I actually don't like any of the "epic" music from the games more people do.
youtube.com/watch?v=CEeB2R-outc
youtube.com/watch?v=haEoo0RHu-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=pt-UNgLCyGU

Obnoxious banter.

Where do I get started with this series?

PS2 trilogy (4,5,0).

I'm still really impressed with the game. Did about 7 playthroughs of it so far and it's still really fun to play. I've actually enjoyed it more as a return to form than I enjoyed DMC5, even though I was way more hyped for that one. Overall this year has been fucking great for new vidya.

How well do they emulate?

play it in release order if you want to appreciate how the series has evolved. One is rough, but the actual game play has been pretty much the same since 2.

If you don't care, you can just get into the game with 7. It doesn't really matter where you start, they're all self contained and the world building is not as interesting as ace fags make it to be.

Never tried, but I've heard from others that they run fine. But if you don't have a PS2, then I'm pretty sure emulation is the only way to play them.

>Fire Youngman
That one's in my top 5, too. I loved the arcadey style influence from AC2's OST. As for AC4, I think "Return Home" is really underrated.
On that note, I'm really happy AC7 didn't take itself super seriously with the OST. It had a lot of rock and electro influence that I really dug.
youtube.com/watch?v=2o_XGQ3EcrI
This might be my favorite track in the whole series just because of how subdued it is, despite all the energy.

4 is trash, 5 and 0 are fine

Exactly. Get the V2 ready.

For some reason, 04 emulates really poorly. The other two are fine, though. There are even some widescreen patches.

>462191526
And the shitposter arrives. No (you) for (you)
They actually fixed that in the latest PCSX2 builds

6>7

Is AC4's PS2 coding the best anti-piracy?
It took AC5 and 0 so long for emulators to get right too. I think it was only in the last 5 years or so that they're officially good to go bug free.

This.

It's coding offers no protection against piracy whatsoever. I would know, I lived in SEA when it was released, and my friend who knew I loved a Ace Combat but had to PS2, surprised me with a pirated copy, day one of release for the japanese version, and let me borrow his PS2 for a week.

Years later, when I moved back to America, I bought a PS2 and a used copy of AC4. A few years down the line I would just rip that easily onto a HDD for faster loading.

low replayability. everyone who played it already finished multiple playthroughs.