Why did modern Rayman fail? Origins and Legends were good games

Why did modern Rayman fail? Origins and Legends were good games.

Attached: Rayman-Legends-Barbara.png (1072x678, 618K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjLQH95fG3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post it
You know the one

>fail
what are you talking about

Barb a cute

The only failure here is modern Ubisoft

i thought this was from one of the Clash of Clans cg commercials

Attached: barbara huh.gif (480x305, 1.5M)

We've been over this.

TL;DR: Legends was supposed to be a nintendo exclusive, the wiiu sold like shit, ubi shat their pants, forced the devs to port it onto everything, it still didn't meet their sales expectations, as a response they blamed the team for everything and then fired them in bulk.

The team released a game by themselves after they re-formed as an indie studio, called Unruly Heroes.
If you want to support what remains of the original devs, go buy it.
But it's honestly not that great compared to Legends and Origins, it's just ok

Attached: 35263.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

2D side scrollers just don't do that well.
Rayman 2, now that was a game.

Ubisoft actively sabotaged Legends.
Michael Ancel lost his shit over the entire development eventually leaving the company.

Attached: 359lglt.gif (149x250, 345K)

People grow up

You heard me?

I didn't like legends, had 0 structure

MOMMY

>Rayman "Origins"
>Hack and pastes random pieces of the first and 3rd games and moe or less retcons everything

I left it more confused lore-wise, but thankfully the game was top notch shit

I figured the ones making Rayman Adventures were the Origins/Legends team

youtube.com/watch?v=bjLQH95fG3E

Attached: 5796049193_5891ed20f8_b.jpg (1024x683, 130K)

Ubi reusing assets, doing minor modifications, maybe like 2 people left or so.
The vast majority of the team is gone and they have their own studio now, Magic Design Studios.

Attached: 346.jpg (960x960, 50K)

Damn, what a fucking shame. Would have loved a third 2D game in the same style but I guess that's never happening. At the very least I hope we get a trilogy bundle or something someday

Best Rayman coming through

Attached: raymanarena-02.jpg (1024x768, 156K)

I'm playing Legends right now

because the actual game doesn't look this good.

You're right, it looks better.

You shut your whore mouth.
The team shat blood for years to build an engine that, more than 90% of any other 2D platformer out there, translated the concept art into actual in-game finished art to a borderline 1:1 ratio.
It's fucking astounding and knowing that there's people out there like you that don't appreciate how much effort it took makes me want to dunk your head in a toilet for hours until you pass out.

Attached: 3464.jpg (1777x999, 148K)

The content for this game was so short that it felt like a demo disk, yet i couldn't stop playing it

maybe I didn't word it right,
I would rather have a 3d game, that looks like the OP, over the 2d game that we got.

Unruly Heroes has too many mechanics and not strong enough level design to take full advantage of it all. The game always feels like it's about to break wide open and never really gets there.

Yeah, essentially it suffers from having a clear lack of testing and "trimming" that Ubisoft was handling when they were still working under them.
It feels a little too floaty too, lacks some feedback.
It's very clear that it was made mostly by experienced artists and people that "remember" how Origin and Legends play, but can't quite nail similiar quality by themselves, the lack the structure and polish a AAA publisher brings to the table.
I'm still glad i purchased it simply because i want to support them and Ubi can go fuck themselves, but i'm not gonna pretend the game is even as half as good as Legends or Origins.

Attached: 6634246.jpg (1280x720, 557K)

Honestly I mostly just purchased the game because while the game mechanics never quite gel, the art direction's still one of the best I've seen in some time. Even if you have no idea who made it, it's a gorgeous game.

>Ubisoft piss off Ancel with their bullshit
>He leaves
>They push out some shitty games reusing his assets and characters
>They don't sell because they suck
How many times has this happened now? Three? After they've reduced Rayman to being worth nothing once again you know they're making that call. Ubisoft are completely incompetent.

Attached: 1455830178884.jpg (469x328, 23K)

Never forget that Rayman Origins released on the SAME DAY as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in the same month that released Skyrim, Uncharted, Modern Warfare 3, and Skyward Sword.
It was doomed from the start.

Ancel worked on Origins and Legends though, if you're referring to those games, and they're actually really good

*Assassin's Creed Revelations, not Brotherhood. Forgive me for getting the two titles mixed up, it's been too long.
Also add Halo CE Remastered and Saint's Row the Third to the mix of titles released that same day.

Rayman lost its soul a long time ago.

>Michael Ancel lost his shit over the entire development eventually leaving the company.
He still works for Ubisoft. Ge said he wanted to do another 3D entry after BGE2 is done.

If I recall, both Origins and Legends sold over a million to date.

Attached: 1546379693179.gif (110x102, 18K)

God I loved that game.

Nobody wants to play platformers anymore unless it's Mario or "retro indie".

I bet if Origins and Legends were indie games people would have praised them more.

Why is Rayman such a perv?

>Ancel is gone
>more than likely won't get a new 2D game any time soon
>won't get a new 3d game any time soon
>Rayman's latest relevant appearance was in a F2P Smash Clone
IT'S NOT F A I R

Attached: I was prepared....jpg (640x646, 88K)

I mean have you seen the nymphs? I would be a perv too if I were him

Attached: 1556063838516.png (809x908, 19K)

Why are people saying Ancel left? He's still working on BGE2.

This is what I couldn't put my finger on

Legends sold like shit. Wii U is unironically the best version.

I was memeing, I know he said he might work on 4 after he was done with BGE2

Attached: dugtrio really.png (392x349, 61K)

I tried the demo for Rayman Legends myself and I just had no fun at all. It's way too zoomed out. It felt unsatisfying the whole way through. I don't understand the appeal.

These games were the most soulful thing Ubisoft released in decades.

this.

The challenge, art style, wacky nature of the environments and gameplay, and the level design. And it isn't even that zoomed out honestly

They didn't though. They were really successful from what I saw.

Post yfw Rayman singlehandedly saves Ubi E3 this year

Attached: raytowelsweat.png (615x802, 317K)

>rayman
>lore

get a load of this guy.

Attached: 1556224709183.png (292x276, 87K)

>76% rating on Steam
>completely dead

I don't think they are doing too good.

Attached: ded.png (742x156, 90K)

Oof.

Did something happen to mainline Rayman while I wasn't looking or something? Far as I can tell, series is still in decent shape.

I didn't know that
That honestly pisses me off
Like real bad

>now all they do is pump out AssCreed and Far Cry games

Whatever happened to Snake giantess?

rayman 2 on the dreamcast is the best game in the series, these 2d reboots are really lame sequels