Now that detective pikachu is the best videogame movie, can the Mario one beat it?

Now that detective pikachu is the best videogame movie, can the Mario one beat it?

Attached: 6D424532-168D-480F-8B3F-1AA942A39953.jpg (768x960, 210K)

Mario already did. It’s unironically an entertaining movie.

No, a Mario movie would be fucking shit. The Mario franchise has proven time and time again that putting the character in anything outside of a video game is absolutely shit. Where as Pokémon as a franchise has been successful on tv and movies for years

I'm abit worried about the Mario movie being made by the "minion milking" company

At least it will be good cg, and the first despicable me wasn't so terrible so it's not like they cant make a good Mario movie.

They knew, they always did

Attached: 1544581753723.png (1854x1550, 2.16M)

Detective Pikachu sucked, and some faggot kid pointed a purple laser pointer at the screen during the entire showing.

Attached: _0.gif (200x200, 948K)

I think they went with illumination because its a big enough name they can draw a crowd with it but not so big Nintendo can't push them around.

Only if they cast Wario as Danny DeVito

Attached: 1557620345592.jpg (500x667, 34K)

and steve buscemi as waluigi

>Now that Detective Pikachu is the best video game movie

Attached: 231.jpg (206x305, 28K)

Nintendo is in early talks to do a Mario movie with Illumination.

I like these designs.

Only if they make Mario and Luigi black.

Attached: shiet.jpg (360x360, 32K)

>all those "SO RANDUM FUNNAY" reaction images surrounding the actual post
get this reddit shit outta here, faggot

>The Mario franchise has proven time and time again that putting the character in anything outside of a video game is absolutely shit.
They just need to do that or one of the RPGs. That's all they need to do.
Of course,that won't happen because Hollywood.

Attached: supermarioadventureschapter1page7.jpg (1587x2135, 921K)

You're shitposting, but they really can't because being Italian is a notable part of Mario and Luigi's characters

*Forgot the
>He didn't read Super Mario Adventures
line.

Attached: 1535317131060.png (222x227, 7K)

Pokémon is live action while the Mario one will be animated, so that alone should answer it

Oesvh will be the black one, obviously

So how much pull does Shigeru have? Or is he just there in a adviser roll tucked in a corner

ell, he's working with them. Not sure how involved he is, but we'll more than likely get something resembling the games.Nintendo, based on descriptions, sounds like a weird paradox where they'll okay an idea yet simultaneously be extra autistic about how their characters are portrayed.

>Semi realistic mario art that keeps the cartoony look to it, and its actually good
Damn

Attached: LiveActionMario.jpg (618x412, 55K)

I don't think I've ever seen a Mario movie design, cartoon or otherwise that I actually liked. OP's look gross to me

Wario has some serious biceps
'mirin

Attached: 1522349465800.jpg (720x960, 99K)

There’s no reason they can’t rip the design from Osyssey and polish it a bit. It’s what Nintendo themselves have done since nes