The video game industry is crashing

the video game industry is crashing

people aren't preordering AAA games, and when they do come out people would rather wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC included

none of the newest games are anything but cinematic shit and are boring to play

consoles have lost their place to gaming PCs and are more expensive due to having to pay to play multiplayer

the industry is dead

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI
youtu.be/6sJ1f20R10I?t=454
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the western video game industry is crashing*

the only thing that's selling right now are remasters of old, good games

youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI

level based games have more content and gameplay than modern cinematic games

youtu.be/6sJ1f20R10I?t=454

Attached: 1557725492556.jpg (800x1207, 285K)

New, good games are selling too. DMC5 sold quite well.

>when they do come out people would rather wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC included
Here's a novel idea, video game industry
Maybe try releasing complete products to begin with

all one or two of them

The era of singleplayer games with multiplayer modes is basically over

there will be a few here and there that do well, but all new games in the future will be microtransaction filled piles of shit that generate money.

EA makes billions off of FIFA and NFL, why would they put time and money into new games like Anthem

Titans with a monopoly on the industry created the problem for themselves by being money grubbing jews with no foresight about how they would affect the future market by developing a constant slough of cash grab garbage with little to no content. Can't wait until they all cut their losses and fuck off to pachinko machines like Konami.

Yeah that's because ones a game the others a fucking film.

consoles should stick to kart games and platformers

>the video game industry is crashing
Bullshit, they keep posting record profits every year. They're literally bigger than movies and music now.

Its easy to think this.

Then you realize how many normies keep buying Uncharted and Call of Duty.

It has nothing to do with the industry but with the economy.

>consoles have lost their place to gaming PCs
imagine unironically thinking this

>bought microsoft stock 2 years ago just to have some variety in my portfolio
>it has already doubled.

>the video game industry is crashing
[citation needed]

I can tell you why they aren't selling in Canada, games are $80 + gst and with our meme economy nobody can afford to drop 100 fucking dollars on a video game.

I don't know what you're talking about user, Uncharted is literally a dead franchise now.

Oooooh, anecdotal evidence. This proves everything.

The industry is too diversified right now to crash. AAA crash wouldn't change anything for indie games, same for AA, same for GaaS. And while AA gaming is certainly not as strong as it was before, more and more studios slowly shift towards independence, but which comes at budgeting costs.

literally how many? I thought it was a bundle in at this point?

It's why I don't buy video games regularly anymore. I don't mind dropping $60 on one but the price is getting out of hand. I also know many others who are saying the same thing.
I think I've bought a grand total of like 10 games since the price increased in 2016.

Black Cops 3 sold around 30 million copies on all platforms.

Nobody cares about your personal experience, this isn't your blog.

The biggest games keep breaking records and doing massive successes, but look at all the horror stories of the industry appearing in the past year alone. CEOs are corrupt scum fucks and the people in charge are taking bonus pay while letting off entire dev teams. The crunch hour standard is becoming the regular work norm standard. Voice actors are underpaid and mistreated, and entire developer groups are basically little more than coding vagabonds going from one job to another in a highly competitive environment with no ability or certainty to holding a position. And with far less regulations than other major entertainment industries, big companies get away with whatever they want right now while abusing the shit out of tax havens and attempting to gradually squash the rights of consumers in access to their products.

The record profits mean the rich get richer, while developers don't actually see any of that money beyond their job's standard check.

Attached: i love it when a plan comes together.png (313x388, 209K)

Oh go fuck yourself I don't see you adding any value to the conversation. Fucking dumb ass shitposter.

honestly I don't buy games anymore unless they're on sale

This. CEOs going around sinking companies is a tale as old as time. Join new company, chew it up and spit it out for the sake of shareholder reports, business is unsustainable and goes to shit, bail with a 10 million dollar bonus, get hired to a new firm because you cited your old company's short-term profit increase, rinse and repeat.

Attached: 1536938479933.png (640x570, 318K)

Yes, this isn't exclusive to video games. All corporations are focused on profiting as far as the law allows them to, and even influencing laws to their advantage through lobbying. This isn't going to change if you enjoy living in a capitalist economy, so get over it.
Of course now they're getting more leaky and more info on their scumbaggery comes out through the internet, but it has literally always been like this. If you think happy-go-lucky good guys like nintendo are exempt from this sort of shit, look up their ties to the yakuza.
The only news here is a bunch of children finally realising how the corporate world works, and having their fee-fees hurt and destroyed.

Your personal purchasing habits are statistically irrelevant. We're discussing the industry as a whole, not your neck of the woods.

good, let it burn, let it burn really good, and from its ashes a good vidya era comence.

Red Dead Redemption 2 sold 25 million in six months, both Sony and Nintendo exclusives are selling better than ever, breaking records in their own franchises, a fucking Yoko Taro game sold 4 million copies, what the fuck are you talking about?

Thank you Jesus.

Attached: 3523462342.jpg (480x480, 58K)

The biggies are making their money, but they're crippling the backbone that creates the profit by mistreating everyone beneath the execs. It's a case where it's not the money you should be looking at, but individual corporate actions to generate that revenue.

Good. Let it fucking crash. AAA games a complete fucking garbage anyway.

>bought 10 games in the past 3 years
I don't think I even played 10 different new games in the past 3 years, it's all just shit games

AAA games may be dying but indie is forever.

Yeah, I mean what kind of complaint is OP making? Developers and publishers made it the norm to release buggy broken games, then drown us in DLC for every game that exists, and then what, the consumer is at fault for being an informed decision maker and waiting for the best deal? I applaud anyone who waits for the Complete Editions. You are being smart with your hard earned money, and won’t be played for a fool.

The second single player games aren’t being made, the smart developer will recognize the hole in the market and swoop in to make a killing. They aren’t going anywhere.

You mean EA and Activision-Blizzard are having problems.

Capcom, Nintendo, Epic, and Sony are all doing fine. Even then Acti-Blizzard only lost 8.5% of their players across Overwatch, SC, Diablo, and Warcraft. EA has a disappointing earning but that's cause all their recent titles have legit been worse than previous entries. Capcom reported great numbers with REmake2 and DMCV. Nintendo had a smash hit with Smash. Sony's titles with Spiderman and Days Gone have done fine.

EA may gut Bioware and have DICE refocus efforts on appealing to Nostalgia (I'm guessing BC3 is finally being announced). But that's all that's happening.

>and when they do come out people would rather wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC included
This was the ultimate endgame with DLC, anybody with half a brain saw this coming.

Will this bill going to save the video game industry?

Attached: ECAA8D44-E214-4DBD-AC20-EB7792260FB2.jpg (2048x1448, 467K)

It’s an ultimately meaningless gesture even if it doesn’t die on the floor. Kids get around this shit by using their parents credit cards, the bigger problem is autists and normalfags with more money than sense. The practice is obviously too profitable to ever give up, so the only real answer is consumer boycott which is becoming more popular as companies make their consumers disillusioned with their blatant greed.

Sony won't be doing fine when the next gen comes and they lose all Japanese dev support

Maybe stick to tighter budgets and manage them well?

It's actually going to kill it.

And Sekiro. And Monster Hunter Warudo.

This is why I stopped with consoles. By the time you get your 2-3 'good' titles, each one cost you $200 or so, once you factor in the fucking machine you had to purchase to play them.

Fuck that. Consoles died in the PS3 generation and if you're still buying them, you're a fucking chump. The ones made today are never going to be collectible or nostalgic.

Voice actors are faggots and deserve to be treated like shit.

indie games and jap games with reasonable sales expectations are doing well, it's just big budget westernshit that isn't performing

PS3 already had all of the issues that make consoles obsolete. If it had an HDD for you to download games from the internet, it was already past it's redemption point.
Consoles were meant to be plug-and-play. You'd buy a game, get home and play it. As soon as they started FORCING you to connect to the internet so that you could get a huge chunk of their release-before-ready game, they stopped being what they were meant to be.

Agreed

>The absolute STATE of Western gaming

Attached: 1550472403903.png (709x686, 798K)