Dragon's Dogma

I've never played this game before, what am I in for?
Any tips for builds and stuff like that?
Also kb+m or controller?

Attached: ddda.jpg (616x353, 56K)

Adventure
Wolves hunt in packs
Controller
Now get out of this thread, start playing, and don't come back until you beat it.

>what am I in for?
A deeply flawed RPG with fun gameplay that gets stale after a while but becomes fun at the end-game and DLC
>Any tips for builds and stuff like that?
Learn the pawn inclinations and make sure to hire pawns with good knowledge, also pick up noticeboard quests constantly
Just experiment with what class fits you and the pawn you want
>Also kb+m or controller?
Controller, its more comfy and easier for the menus

aye, wut

anyone else know how to fix the bug where if you're playing as mystic knight and you jump your shield comes out and starts flapping? i would be playing if i could fix this annoying shit.

Should I start in hard mode for my first play through?

Do you like anal rape?

Is it that bad?

No, i was just curious if you like anal rape.
But seriously its not that bad, its only bad in the early game and the game becomes piss easy mid-way depending on your class and weapons, you even get a shit-ton more gold in HM

I've tried playing this game 3 times and I can't push myself to continue past Gran Soren

chimeras will attack you, but it isn't their fault
they just want to nap

Attached: chimera pup.jpg (500x421, 19K)

it took me 5 fucking tries user, but once it clicks it will all be worth it

It's my favorite.

a mediocre mess with kinda good gameplay
start as mage, allocate your levels up to 100 into ranger/sorcerer and assassin
controller, this is an action game not an rts

download the dinput8.dll hooks mod, so you don't have to play as a class you don't want to play as

Give Arisen's bond to Fests the jester, you Winthrop disappointed

Aught

This. 3 tries for me. Once I hit about vocation rank 5 in sorcerer it started to click. Once I moved off to Magic Archer and Magic Knight, it all fucking took off.

Imma fuck the witch

based and pawnpilled

you either hate it or love it

I wish there were tiny Eliminators that chase the rats around.

Kind of, it's like dark souls ng+7 at level 1 with no gear

you are about to get your ass stretched by dragons for a while, then Beholders will get their turn.

What're the best skills to use on a mage? Utilitarian/Mitigator or Utilitarian/Challenger?

none because mage is trash

What's wrong with mage? They're always useful to have around.

Oh I tried it once and quit, gonna try for the second time
Any advice on what I have to do in order for it to click?

I am on the verge of getting this game, mystic knight is the class that looks cooler to me so I can create Lans Tartare and bring the teachings of the holy land of Lodis around the world, too bad I suck at character creation

Attached: to-lanselot-tartaros.jpg (700x1100, 93K)

When you get tired of running across the map backtracking again and again (and you will), look up Port Crystals. Also, rolling (requires daggers equipped) is just as fast as sprinting and costs no stamina.

>Just beat my first gorcyclops and cursed dragon in BBI
>took and hour and a half for each one at early 80s with Dragons glaze ranger build

Yeah all the guys saying BBI wasnt meant for people in there 100s were bullshiting.
I didnt even beat the zombie dragons and goreclops legit either i just stood outside of their range and arrow spamed them and it still too longer than an hour.

With the gorecyclops i stood in the pathway near the stairs that leads up to the blue door and shoot him for an hour
With the zombie dragon i stood in the aclove that leads to the bridge over the poison waters and he would keep flying in place while i shoot his crystal casuing him to fall down over and over again while my pawns hit him while he feel on the ground.

And then theres the grams and elder ogres that i do jack shit damage to unless i use a metoer shot with the bow and it just takes off a visible small portion of there health.

Anytime they hit me or one of my pawns it was a one shot kill or left them one hit away from gettting downed.

HAving fun,but am questioning weather or not i can take Daimon on when it takes that long for those mini bossess.

I figured my main pawn with a 3 start cyclops sigil,clout, and vehemence would be doing heavy damage.
Bitches attack is 1593 and that still aint shit to these mini bosses.

I will coment now that i switched from Assassin to ranger with dragons glaze that the basic enemies are easy as pie.

Took two full blast of tenfold arrow to down the gold knight and start gang banging the silver one

Mage stops being useful towards the endgame of your first playthrough because their healing just isn't fast or significant enough. You're better off with a Sorcerer pawn that casts offensive magic; the only reason to keep a Mage pawn around is for party-wide status removals, elemental imbibes to weapons, and maybe Grapnel, and those aren't all that useful in the long run (you can just get status items, if you're MK or have enchanted weapons you don't need the elements, and Grapnel isn't all that good).

people keep contradicting each other when telling newbies what class to do
which one is it after all?

>took and hour and a half for each one at early 80s with Dragons glaze ranger build
Is your equipment upgraded and are your stats not fucked? Shouldn't take that long.

Hardmode actually is easier than normal after the intro, you get bonus exp which kills the challenge of the content.

post stats ya shitter.

Mystic knight looks dorky, they keep their shield on their back. It totally kills the asthetic of the class.

safest option is to start as strider, you can branch into melee or ranged depending on what you feel like. you'll probably end up playing either an assassin (more melee) or ranger (more ranged) though strider isn't bad if you feel like sticking with it.

starting as a mage is also decent because you can branch into mystic knight and magic archer, but i don't recommend focusing on the pure mage/sorcerer on your first run, they are flashy but you miss out on the action.

fighter and warrior have their merits but warrior is considered flawed. it's perfectly valid to start as a fighter and then branch into either mystic knight or assassin later if you feel like it.

tl;dr do whatever but strider/ranger/assassin is the most solid part of the class tree and IMO the safest for a first run

this

Wew that's cute.

Playing for first time and just hit lvl 45. I feel like I'm going too slow and getting over-leveled. Will I eventually hit a difficulty spike? I'd like to die once in a while...

What kind of character do you like to play? Level goes up to 200 and after 100 stat increases tank to miniscule amounts so if you mess around with multiple classes you may jank your stats. Sorc obviously gives best magic attack, and assassin gives best attack. If you do want to play with multiple classes later on ranger is a good pick for stat distribution until lvl 100. For balance after 100 go mystic knight or strider.

Ranger actually has the easiest time with garm and eliminators since you can use the spiral arrow skill combined with petrifying arrows to kill them quickly. Be sure to get the morbidity augment so you don't need as many arrows.

Attached: 20180629233152_1.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

post arisen's

Attached: 20190306132835_1.jpg (1920x1080, 449K)

Reminder that warrior class long sword fags are brainlets and shegoat is the worst waifu

Attached: Griffith and the band of hawks laugh at you.jpg (693x535, 201K)

WHERE MY BROOM NIGGAS AT?

Attached: based broom nigga.png (1237x389, 120K)

Why did the DMC5 threads stop but DD threads have been a thing for years and years?

>it’s a 2 frostwyrms in the sparyard of scant mercy episode
If I get hit by levin one more fucking time

I've done BBI twice and they've always been useful. You don't use Anodyne for mid combat healing, it's mainly to top off health between fights so you use less of your items. Grapnel slows down monsters for a good 10 seconds and prevents flying monsters from taking off, and also works on everything you'd want to use it on.

Everything else is pretty self explanatory, Spellscreen is a defense buff, Halidom means you don't have to carry around items for anything except petrification, can still do respectable damage with spells, or you can go pure support with Legion's Might.

Mage is bad to play as because they are raw support, Warrior is fun but underpowered in way more situations than the rest. The other 7 are all viable options depending on what you want. So for a brand new player, pick either Fighter or Strider and branch out when you hit Gran Soren just to experiment. Strider is the most balanced of the three starter vocations but it's also really viable throughout the entire game so it'll feel slightly worse to branch out than a Fighter. Yellow vocations, especially the hybrids, are the overall best to play as. Strider is best at climbing monsters and evasion, Rangers with Blast Arrows have the highest DPS, Magick Archers are INSANE in dungeons, and Assassins are the most versatile class while having augments that let you run things solo if you wish.

Level up all the vocations at some point, however, as their Augments can be used regardless of your vocation. Red vocations give you Augments to carry more items and take less physical damage, which can be really useful for every vocation, while Sorcerers get a Augment that lowers cast time, helpful for the three other casting vocations.

I mean, technically strider is better than ranger or assassin barring tenfold blast or force hatchet blast spam.

To add onto this i love mystic knight the most and try to build balance toward it. Its been awhile but i believe i leveled strider to 10, ranger to 100, sorc to 150, and assassin to 200 (infinity). Between levels i swapped classes to get skills i wanted and had a blast being able to play any class decent/good by the end.

As long as i manage to pull that character off i'm good, i don't think I can tho

Attached: 57336352_377162632889090_5062049119014535130_n.jpg (1080x1350, 128K)

Main chracter:
Started as strider,then switched to Assassin,and now im rank 9 on Ranger
HP:2395
ST:2982(2852)
Primary strength: 738(489)
Prim magick 684(277)
Weapon lvl 1 chilling Daggers

Secondary Strength:1049(489)
Second magick 585(277)
Weapon Lvl 3 dragons glaze

Main pawn Female Fighter/warrior currently using Warrior for attack power and damage in BBI.
Hp:3792
St:1650
Primary Strength:2211(465)(just got bitchin Gransy Flamberge and had materials needed to take it straight to lvl 3,so by cyclops sigil)
Defense:561(374)

Hoping this New Flamsberg is the ass kicker it seems to be so i can go fight Daimon.
Curently at fallen city.
Beat the glazer and living armor bosses legit(took about an hour for both casue low damage) and had to blast arrowx4 attack boost the dark bishop casue fuck that guy and hsi dragon and his floating.

BOut to start trying out different arrows for ranger and see hwo well they work

Attached: 2SPOOKY.jpg (1200x1500, 325K)

Strider is my favorite class. You can torpor monsters with a dragon-forged rusted bow and kill them with implicate and helm-splitter. Strider also get fastest climbing speed and most useful augments for climbing.

Good choice because Strider is literally the strongest class in the game

Attached: 1547611584274.gif (500x500, 336K)

>currently using Warrior for attack power and damage
lol

I created a mage because I thought the magic system would please me but it didn't, should I restart or is it too late? I'm lvl 30 and I don't see any difference from when I was lvl 1 (except I can now charge my spells)

Restarting is pointless and character level has nothing to do with class progression.

what if I want to change everything about my character? can I change from female to male, for example?

Sorry bro,but AI in this game is to reatrded for having a pawn as a mage or sorceror.

They will stand right in front of enemies charging spells and enchant my weapons agaisnt enemies that dont require it or have a weakness towards said affinity.

Have had hired pawn enchant my weapons with fire while fighting fire Saurians.
Mages/Sorcerors are only goo if you play as them yourslef.

Hell even my main pawns just stand and moves around while i keep htting "go"command and want her to attack.

Shits been annoying in BBI where these enmies can one shot me and im trying to pick them off from afar only to have my pawns run right up to them and get downed

>mfw trying to pick of corrupted pawns from afar and all pawns just run right at them while i keep spamming "come back"
Shits infuriating

Attached: i hate you so fucking much.gif (412x231, 313K)

Yeah, you can completely change your shit after killing the dragon by spending rift crystals.

Yeah.
Stop using shitty pawns.
Fighters are better than Warriors for raw damage.

Attached: 20190514162157_1.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

So Mage/Sorc aren’t bad classes if you play them yourself? I got the switch version are flashy mages playable on switch without the game shitting itself

>to this day, people want pawns to play the game for them
>they also play so badly their pawns can't survive standard encounters

Attached: JwlXtwS.jpg (256x273, 20K)

If you're getting one shot then maybe you shouldn't be in BBI you retard. Stop summoning retarded pawns and actually look at their inclinations, and don't try summoning Mages/Sorcerers with more than one weapon buff because pawns go full retard with this if they don't have full knowledge of what you're fighting. Also look at your own pawn's inclination, but that's not going to help you if your pawn can't actually do their job effectively because everything is too strong for them.

Sorcerer is fantastic, especially when you get the fucking High tier spells like High Maelstrom. And don't worry, the graphical effects aren't enough to kill the frame rate even on handheld mode.

i started playing a few days ago, its fun as fuck really. go to your item box in an inn and claim the dlc monocle, sell it for like 300,000 for a nice start