youtube.com/watch?v=N2K7SIDfpiU
gtaforums.com/topic/533133-dan-houser-interview-about-gta-v/
youtu.be/D5Z4wNdqu_4?t=106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

L E M O N A D E

hipster garbage wow

What is this writing?

Attached: Spaz.png (787x600, 388K)

Reminder that this guy somehow managed to have a cameo of Jill from VA-11 HALL-A and a track by Toby Fox, the indie developer of the moment.

Toby probably composed it for him three years ago and forgot, and it's not hard to ask Toby for something if you can convince him, or he was asked three years back and last year just remember and banged one out for him.

GOLDEN LLAMA!! LOLZORS!!! XD

does someone have the creators pic? literally looks like OP, the fucking pretentious hipster faggot self inserted himself into his own game
>as the main protagonist

va11halla was in because they were both published by ysbryd games

Holy shit this game looks so slow. Even slower than fucking Lost Odyssey. What the fuck is this? Did anyone test this and say that the game did not straight up fucking suck?

>18 seconds of inputs for a single attack
>over 4 minutes for a normal field battle

fucking hell. The battle pacing problems have been known for years, yet they did nothing about it

Dev even had the gall to talk about other JRPGs when he clearly hasn't studied them properly. Shit's fucking painful.

Was that a random battle? Why did it take so long?

YIIK is trash but let’s not pretend like Va11 Ha11a is anything more than disgruntled, drunk lesbians the VN.

>tfw he probably took it very personally when people found his self insert main characters unlikable and that they overall didn't like his """"post-modernist""" intellectual turd of a vidya
Man, I'm glad I'm neither him, Randy Pitchford or Anthony Burch

Player sucks and is 10 levels below the enemies.

>or Anthony Burch

Attached: his sister actually filmed this.webm (640x400, 1.74M)

the ONE thing i don't hate about this game is the victory theme.

You guys just don't understand art
webm.red/NmGo.webm

Attached: 1555895776937.png (1200x835, 1.45M)

>Dramatic reveal about your dead sister
>Deliver the line like she left the oven on and your casserole got burned
>Sound completely indifferent about considering suicide
>The one that supposedly cares sounds just as Disconnected

This game is some hot fucking garbage.

>18 sec of input based attack

Really?

Attached: 1552084210620.jpg (547x531, 81K)

I know this has been memed to death and nobody actually cares but the reason he said that isn't because he actually believes it but because he promised he was going to give a cryptic hint to what the 3rd ending was during the Dick Show and that was it. Allegedly the 3rd ending isn't artsy, but is the actual "gamey" ending with a final dungeon, boss, etc playing everything totally straight and ending with Alex saving the universe somehow.

Holy shit that was incredibly painful

Attached: 1388807636202.jpg (192x203, 16K)

What the dev actually looks like. The ginger guy is a musican or someone that inspired the main characters design.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.22.49 PM.png (740x635, 483K)

RORY DAS YOUR PER-ENTITY

Doing intentional still make it shit user

VELLA WHAT IS THAT

Yet it's getting a sequel with a married MILF

God damn that combat. God fucking damn that combat. 4 and a half minutes of chip damage and hiding behind complete damage nullification. I think I need a nap after watching that.

Jesus H Christ that is some god awful combat.

>YIIKES

I mean, what he says is true, but that's not the reason why the game failed, he just made a dogshit game.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-aIqQaevLk

The chip damage is not the matter. The fact that the game is so fucking stilted in menus, animation, shot choice and execution is the matter.

holy shit, the ego on this man. if gamers are such uncultured swine then why don't you write a novel where your genius can be appreciated? because you're clearly incapable of game design aside from as a grind fest to stretch out the time on your pretentious nonsense story. "people don't want to play as a flawed person" NO, they don't want to play as a one-dimensional asshole. the MC is literally just "that one annoying guy you avoid irl" except the story does nothing to shed light on any sort of underlying complexity that should teach the the player to cut him some slack, it's just "THIS GUY IS AN ASSHOLE, YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE, DEAL WITH IT". This man is talking about his game like it's the pinnacle of art, except he's going off of modern art standards where it means absolutely nothing outside of it's identity as "art". God, what a clown. This game has absolutely nothing to say

Why are you faggots still obsessing over this terrible game? Please tell me OP is just the same faggot spamming this shit daily.

No he didn't, that's a meme. Game is bad enough on its own merits, you don't need to make shit up.
I really fear for the newest generation that's being raised on the internet but can't be bothered to do a basic Google search. Memes are not facts you retards.

Attached: ackk studios.jpg (700x281, 52K)

The chip damage means you have to sit through everything you just listed for an inordinately long period of time.

did 4 of them just split a cheeseburger?
What the fuck?

Holy Shit this pear shaped beauty does unbelievable things to my dick

Attached: hnnnnnnnng.jpg (475x739, 35K)

Attached: 68d[1].png (601x458, 407K)

don't forget the fact that the unbeatable final boss can be stunlocked and beaten to an inch of its life by any reasonably leveled up party, and that the game will just loop forever and keep it at 1 hp.

>chondra
>claudio
looks like someone is a Coheed and Cambria fan

>Some pretty generic, but serious, writing about emotions and fear
>Not really seeing what was so bad, I mean it's not great writing, but there's far worse out there.
>Suddenly "Oh no! A Golden Alpaca!"
>Fart music starts playing
Ah, yes... I see.

Attached: 1495524785978.gif (240x228, 904K)

It's a shame because I like how the graphics look, just not how the game's designed, or the palette, or backgrounds, or anything. Does that make sense? Like, I see some potential in the graphical engine if you put someone competent to do the character sheets.

You know I actually like the combat, a bunch of different mini-games to play on each attack.
The sword slash one seems to be the same sequence, so you could memorize it and do an advanced technique instead.

You'd think the fight would be over faster, but [the player]'s only using 2 of his characters to attack, 1 spamming restoration items and another spamming panda defense.

youtube.com/watch?v=B3Rdp1OK9H4
youtube.com/watch?v=i33SGfw8Zuc

Who the fuck is Roy? The developer?

youtube.com/watch?v=k-aIqQaevLk

Attached: 1530742561723.png (894x894, 984K)

PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah the ginger guy pic wasn't the dev but come on look how pissed off he is that they don't like his "unlikealbe" character here, he is taking it way too personally, also his shit about characters being "identifiable" is bullshit, most characters in video games are way too different from normal humans, no one identify with Mario, Sonic (except autists in this case) or pre-reboot Kratos.
What piss me of even more is how he references Ayn Rand books to seem more intelligent than he really is.

WHAT THE HELL!?
ANONS, CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

You can also beat pretty much any fight in one turn by using Alex's LP toss which is stupidly broken. The combat isn't good by any means but the slowness was fixed in a day 1 patch.

>Final boss can't be beaten at all

This shit is so anticlimatic

What even IS the plot? From what I gather it's some multi-dimensional bullshit where some hipster becomes an edgelord because he was white or something.

Attached: 1551399378445.png (644x745, 255K)

The main character in another shitty game the developer made.

Holy fucking shit that "soundtrack" is so fucking shitty

So...Persona

youtube.com/watch?v=7wv7HcTjYlI
youtube.com/watch?v=CkoIUhl8jKU
youtube.com/watch?v=mvhF_AtJugE
youtube.com/watch?v=-woszL4aBmY
youtube.com/watch?v=0PrTNuJ3QLg
I have absolutely no idea

Sure but I'd assume it becomes progressively harder to hit the red line, to the point of 1frame~ no?
Even if a specific attack is gamebreaking, you can still keep a game fun by not using it.
For example, the panda defense seems pretty broken. Full-party damage immunity.

Have you actually played a Persona game?

>"I want to create a character that is an unlikeable piece of shit!"
>People dislike the game with one of the reasons being how unlikeable the MC is
>"fucking vidoegmes"
?

Panda is explicitly an emotional crutch for Alex and that's represented in gameplay by him being a gameplay crutch in game, it's basically intentionally overpowered.

Woah some one who doesn't like Persona, we got some sort of badass here.

Don't make your main characters completely unlikable. Even if they start acting a little differently by the end, if they're completely unlikable to begin with, you still won't like them much.

Attached: 1538413917167.jpg (470x419, 37K)

I was gonna say "I don't see what's so bad about the second one" then I got to the end

Attached: 1545500921413.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

I played the first two hours of the game and still had no idea what was happening at the end of thoese two hours. It's all just bullshit piled ontop of bullshit. I've read middle school fan fiction that makes more sense.

step aside niggers, woke opinion coming through

Attached: patrician.png (614x554, 295K)

I still can't understand the game mechanics. I mean, shit is all over the place.

Attached: 1553271806637.jpg (253x275, 22K)

Uggggg. This is horrible. "I was making art". Why didn't he just go write a shitty book that no one liked?
Everyone has been complaining about shit like combate taking 5 years since he showed it off. He had all the time to actually listen to criticism and did nothing with it.
I forget these 'artists' actually exist.
Causally talking about the villain of a fucking ayan ryan novel like video game enthusiasts would know that off handed.

Undertale has bad story and bad gameplay

>le ebin contrarian shitposting

Final Fantasy XV is better gameplay and story wise

Attached: 86C224D0-F188-47D8-8941-F57E6C8FD252.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

You know how ITAOTS is about Anne Frank and how Jeff Magnum was moved by her story? YIIK is that but instead about Elisa Lam, the girl who was found dead in a water tank and her last sighting was on elevator CCTV

>Hollow Knight
>Bad story
I think the story would have to be meaningfully present for it to be considered bad.

That’s not saying much, user, and FFXV is still a shit game.

Does Hollow Knight even have a story? It's more just lore you can piece together.

Basically Alex being a piece of shit is a universal constant and all the Alexes from all the different universes get together sometimes and destroy universes for the fuck of it

I hate that i actually agree with this sentence

Ignoring everything else
Why did he think putting a grave with Iwata's name on it in his game (in some tiny shit town in the middle of nowhere no less) would be received well?

Attached: 1545426056210.png (2048x1536, 2.06M)

It's completely possible to make unlikable people likable characters. Araki is a master at this.

Attached: roe15rsqkq121.jpg (412x640, 93K)

It seems to be implied that realities just naturally expire and the meteor only appears as Alex because he has a really strong desire to be special and/or the game is largely taking place inside Alex's perception of reality rather than a real reality.

Is her design the only good thing about YIIKES?

Is it safe to say that Yiik can be called the hunt down the freeman of 2019?

Why wouldn't it be? Nintendo said they thought it was sweet, it's literally contrived controversy by angry trannies. There's a lot of reasons to dislike the game but being mad he put a tribute to a developer he liked is just being petty.

But that's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Of all the things to have ever existed, that's what they chose to inspire a game!?

>strong desire to be special
Why the fuck is it not just some instagram tranny then?

Attached: 1551400328596.png (399x392, 187K)

Is multi-dimensional/multi-reality story telling the most basic and pretentious form of sci-fi?

Attached: 1537688047101.jpg (400x400, 31K)

That's not the point he's making in context though, he's saying you can tell stories with unlikable characters that you can't with likable ones and that believing "the main character must eventually become likable" just limits the stories you can tell, something that doesn't happen in other art forms.

He doesn't even believe what he's saying anyway though and he's just baiting for (you)s.

Nah, Hunt down the Freeman is laughably bad in almost every aspect. YIIK is at least somewhat competently made, but it was made to be a piece of shit

>I form opinions based on Yea Forums threads

Attached: 1382923054161.gif (518x400, 19K)

That I've never made a game and yet people made this and other people bought it.

fuck off babieca

It's not art. It's pretentious. No art critic would give this game the time of day. There is no soul or personality. Any aspect of the creator is completely withdraw from the work. Instead it's replaced with cynicism of what the creator thinks is clever, profound, or smart. Thinking that an audience would gravitate towards him, percieving them as dumb and his own thoughts as superior and should be acknowledged as such. A rejection of his ideas means that through his own ego he see's everyone to be even more shortsighted than he initially perceived. He's just a retarded ass plain and simple. Just cause you write about a character commiting suicide doesn't automatically give you emotional insight to project onto the characters and it sure as fuck reads that way. I dunno bleh, this guy didn't make art. When I here him complaining, in the back of my mind it reminds me of when DSP called his let's plays art. Referring to the games themselves as ingredients. It's on that level.

Gives you hope, doesn't it?

But it's true

Literally "I was only pretending to be retarded"

There actually is art in the game with description that doesn't match the image that seems to depict places in the game but nobody is really sure if the dude is even telling the truth if there's a 3rd ending anyway.

>Does less than the 2 second camera attack every time

I mean theres some vidya characters that are inherently unlikable and awful people like from No More Heroes, but at least they have depth compared to YIIK

IT'S A GOLDEN ALPACA, YOU DOOFUS.

So he put the actual good ending that would make people not think it's shit in a hidden little corner of his game? Welp looks like no one found it yet because everyone still thinks it's shit. Brilliant game design.

That sound so unique but as the same time so generic

Basically he wanted it to be like you know how as a kid everyone said you could find the Triforce and they had all kinds of cryptic bullshit methods but none of them actually worked? He wanted a "Triforce hunt" in his game where everyone would claim the first person who found it was full of shit.

The problem is he pissed off trannies and sjws with his game who've been attacking it from day 1, so his game doesn't have enough players to find the ending organically.

At least it's good gameplay and good story compared to YIIK

>a track by Toby Fox
didn't he delete the tweet mentioning him doing that?

Attached: 1516362251256.png (576x699, 194K)

Whatever you think VA-11 HALL-A is, remember that it's also proof communism is shit

>pissed off trannies and sjws

Wait, really? How'd he do that? I thought this was their game. So NO ONE likes this tire fire. My god this game is a monumental accomplishment for most universally disliked game.

I would say him "Cut the dialogue in half" and "A minigame per attack is an awful idea".

I don't really think it's fair to call NITW's "gameplay" bad when it's literally a visual novel. All the other games on that chart have actual gameplay, that is, combat, EXP, leveling up, etc.

NITW is literally just talk to people and play guitar hero mini game. The gameplay is just a vehicle to the next conversation and it adds to the atmosphere of the setting by letting you explore the town.

Attached: 1557865553339.png (900x665, 137K)

This is annoying as fuck and gameplay isn't even that good.

#FE had some huge ass session attacks but at least the gameplay could savage this a bit.

That actually doesn't sound bad for a silly plot idea.

Yeah, but the song still is there.
archive.is/CWNwW
The best thing is that he didn't even praised the game. Just said obvious stuff.

Basically even though Alex superficially resembles a "woke" sjw ally he's actually a massive asshole meant to showcase what's wrong with those people, with the game going out of its way to mock him for graduating with a worthless ass liberal arts degree.

In addition at the beginning of the game in the original version the crow asks you "What is the name your parents gave you", which triggered trannies something FIERCE because of "deadnaming".

So on one side you have the people who would actually appreciate what the game is doing not playing the game because they think it's for sjws, and the sjws who would have played the game are offended because it wasn't made for them.

The game isn't actually that bad and has been very effectively targeted by an sjw smear campaign because of these two things.

If it works for Dark Souls then it works for Hollow Knight.

>spoiler
Yeah, right.

I can guarentee you as someone who does not like SJWs and has played it that this game is not for anyone and is impossible to be appreciated.

The trannies and SJWs weren't the ones that made your game shit, Brian.

Nigga
unlikable =/= piece of shit character. Unlikable means you don't like him. He can be a flawed piece of shit, but if he's well written and presented, he can still be likable. Tons of great pieces of shit are MC (Trailer Park Boys), but they're fucking great, well written and relatable.
You don't write a boring/annoying/unrelatable main character or you just wont like the entire fucking story, because the MC will be consistently present in it, and you don't fucking like him so why bother?

You both need to get the complete Royal Edition and Comrades it’s a flawless game both story and gameplay wise.

Attached: 50FD2E2B-5D50-48C9-BCA6-AAC7595F3FB9.jpg (736x824, 75K)

This is so bad lol. Didn't the guy that made this trash try to say the reason nobody liked it was cause he made art? Why did nobody around the development pull the plug or change direction? It must have been some hugbox where nobody wanted to say how unenjoyable and grating this thing is.

Attached: asdfasdf.png (1174x1113, 569K)

>Serious cutscene about someone's sister dying
>LOL GOLDEN APALCA XD

Attached: 14713668.jpg (620x450, 26K)

You do realize that's exactly what i said, right? You're getting upset over nothing.

is this real?

The ironing

Yes, see
youtube.com/watch?v=0PrTNuJ3QLg

Yes

Attached: sgdfgsdf.png (1196x1152, 510K)

I know that nobody cares, but the guy in the pic isn't actually the dev.

so it's reddit and morty the game

He's talking semantics in which case he's technically right. But its still semantics so who gives a fuck. Also he started his post saying 'nigga' so he's automatically a turbofag. Videogames.

>Toby Fox, the indie developer of the moment
>Undertale was 4 years ago
>Toby Fox about to bang out another classic
I think it's more than just a "moment"

he's a kinoholic

I'm the other user and this user is correct. Was basically just arguing a semantic. Also I'm not a turbofag I'm just actually a nigger so I use the word a lot.

As I undertood the creator explaining, and some people who played the game, it was meant to be shit. Alex is meant to be a shit person, the shit music and shit dialogue is meant to mock people who loved the '90, even the gameplay is supposed to mock the kind of people who are nostalgic for those old RPGs. Alex was such a shit character on purpose apparently that the creator said that gamers are stupid people that cannot handle playing as a shitty person.

I think that he just went too far with the 'make everything shitty to mock people' approach. I'd be fine if he made everything BUT the gameplay shitty, then at least we could play the game, and eventually enjoy the story as well.

It's a weird thing because if you want to make the gameplay as a perception vehicle for the main character, then you are limited to how the characters sees reality. I'd be fine if he thought of himself as a unstopple force and you could take on hordes of enemies at a time, but those shitty mini-games and RPG style make for a bad game, even though it was meant to be a bad game. I can totally see some hipster thinking about him fighting some weird aliens with his friends in a whacky scenario like in the game.

VIBRATING WITH MOTION

That Golden Llama fight actually made me dizzy. Only time a game has done that. So much stuff happening it’s so dense.

That would be Cumsock Alex

Attached: firefox_JRbih0yl71.png (1200x615, 493K)

It transforms into a buff guy with multiple heads. It is incredible.

>makes one of his worst songs
>still the best in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=N2K7SIDfpiU

Attached: smug toby fox rotated 180 degrees and then flipped horizontally.jpg (378x320, 72K)

>Everything was shit on purpose
Please don't tell me you actually believe that.

>Bushido
>Literally an attack that lasts half of a minute at fucking minimum that doesn't instant kill the enemy
>That flat, impactless sound design
>Visuals could literally not be any less interesting if they tried

Holy christ

Attached: 34566.jpg (271x224, 7K)

It's supposed to represent the powerful and sometimes bizarre emotions people can sometimes have in the face of great loss as well as showcase that the reality can break down if Alex has a mental breakdown but most people didn't play the game so they don't know that.

Attached: 20190216163404_1.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

Did you got feedback from the guys at Sukeban regarding Jill's dialogues?

>Deltafags THIS delusional
But yeah, keep obsessing over your indie trash like it's the hottest shit.

Attached: 1556125698486.png (640x899, 43K)

Truly this is the voice of a generation.

At this point I wonder if things would work better for the creator by making an earnest and relatively simple game that didnt try to be a deconstruction of anything. Deconstructions or twists like these are practically a cliche at this point no matter what medium.

Why pretend you are just now discovering this?

>>Bushido
>>Literally an attack that lasts half of a minute at fucking minimum that doesn't instant kill the enemy
This, make it an ability that takes a percentage of your SP (or a very large amount of it if there's an ez way to gain it back in combat) but does incredible amounts of damage.

I never played Valhalla sorry.

It was a joke.

oh please, Yea Forums wants to fuck far worse things than a sandwich
>but I never filmed it hurr durr!
Instead, you talk about it on a Singaporean puppetry forum. It's still recorded (and a good bunch of you use trips or Discord in the first place)

Isn't the guy in the pic that NASA dude who got in trouble for the "sexist" shirt he was wearing even though it was made by a girl, and then they said "well, it's still sexist anyway!" when called out on it?

Coheed and Cambria is way too mainstream for the hipster trash that made this "game"

He wanted to tell a story about a shitty person, with shitty opinions and personality, being shitty. This has been done in books and movies, but how would it work on a game if everything in the game is through the main character perception ( Music, gameplay, dialogue, story ).

I don't know if it's possible to do a successful version of this game. If you intend to mock hipisters and show their hipocrisy, then you would have to make the most hipister bait game, and then switch mid-way to a self-aware reflection. But then the game wouldn't be liked, because it's mocking their very audience. I don't even know how you would tell this story, or even if it's possible.

The World Ends With You did it pretty good.

>But then the game wouldn't be liked, because it's mocking their very audience.
Grand Theft Auto V and the original Hotline Miami do it, tho?

>Have to get a 3rd ending for the game to be good
Fucking Jesus

You guys really need to stop with this, Neku is nowhere near the same kind of character. Neither is Travis and neither are the other dime a dozen "gets away with it because he's so badass" characters.

Neither of those characters get away with it though, Neku's whole arc is suffering for his attitude and being forced to change and Travis ends NMH1 learning nothing and being more miserable than before the start of the game, teaching him the lesson that his attitude was bad.

I dont know with Travis. Hes different in the sequels but in NMH hes a genuine psychotic loser

Neku is no badass. A smartass, sure, but not badass. He's an edgy shithead that gradually de-edges as the game progresses.

Yeah but Neku has some redeeming qualities. If we take the game through his perception, and the game lore, Neku is incredibly criative, he is just a teeneager going through his emo phase, which isn't the case with Alex who is already an adult, who only wants to consume media, instead of create something original.

I don't remember GTAV being meta in any way, it was more like a heist movie.
Hotline Miami would be the case, but once you get the password with Biker, the janitors tell you that nothing matters, it's just a game. It sets it up, but then it goes "Nah mate, it's just a game, nothing matters", which drops the whole point of mocking the player.

YIKES!

Attached: f52[1].jpg (1200x675, 136K)

It doesn't matter that he's an asshole, it's not about his in-universe likability it's his likability to the player. Travis is a hilariously autistic nerd dude that also is capable of killing the baddest dudes around. Neku is the strongest psychic user in the UG who warms up in a couple hours. Comparatively Alex is a straight up loser

>born the day before pearl harbor
gets you thinkin a bit honestly

>I don't remember GTAV being meta in any way
Trevor is meant to be the depiction of the average player of the franchise.

>Neku is no badass
>"Wow Neku, you can use every pin! That's so cool! Most people can only use one or maybe two!"
>Post game reports confirm that yes, Neku is a badass in the UG because he's so creative

>Tfw I would have tolerated the game more if Vella was the main character

Well, Yea Forums?

Attached: firefox_KCZjAQ0rHU.png (1233x627, 571K)

Those minigames are way too fucking long. The ring in Shadow Hearts took like 2 seconds max to hit all the zones. Same with limits in FF8, your longest limit took like 8 seconds. Also, limits in FF8 didn't happen on every fucking turn unless you were manipulating rng.

Wait, really? How? He's a drunkard with all kinds of issues, the only thing that he and the audience shares is the love for violence, but even then he goes a bit too far.

Damn, didn't know Toby Fox pulled a ZUN and did his own music too.

Lisa.
He doesn't even get redeemed in the end.
It's been done. I't been done better. There are way more issues with YIIKES then muh unrelatable character.
Pacing is probably the biggest issue.
Slow combat. Meandering dialog that goes no where and isn't poetic, just draw out.
Shit visuals.

He's the main character, there's gonna be something special about him. I wouldn't say he's a badass in the same way characters like Travis or Dante are, though. He gives enough fucks to realize his goal and has no need to show off or instigate any further than that. He's too insular to be a badass. Meanwhile, characters like the ones I previously listed will fuck you up just because you're there and they feel like flexing.

>this faggot namedropping Chuck Palahniuk and Ayn Rand so he can seem smarter
what a FAG

Attached: 1544398079023.gif (500x333, 150K)

>I don't know if it's possible to do a successful version of this game.

It is possible, you just have to do it through the eyes of another character. If this were a novel, I would have told the author to write it through Vella's eyes, similar to The Great Gatsby. Then, we would always have a voice of reason in contradistinction to Alex's unreasonableness.

>blaming da GaYMeRz!! for not being smart enough to understand his shitpile of a game
faggot

Attached: 1535648896873.jpg (319x319, 9K)

Lisa literally did this, and it's considered a masterpiece of storytelling by a very dedicated crowd, despite having a ridiculously simple story. It was so beloved that it has multiple fangames based on its simple template and world that also tell touching tales because we understand the main plot and characters so well, as well as why "bad" people in the world do bad things, and why good people in the world also do bad things.

YIIK failes because it is lacking in any charm, intrigue, or passion in development.

Attached: 1557257967039.png (2834x1333, 292K)

The sad thing is everything but the story and themes is good, the art and game play look pretty good. Completely ruined by the writing and themes.

>Hey guys maybe if I post the videos AGAIN for the eight billionth time
Yea Forums couldn't be more in love with YIIK if it tried

Attached: yiik.jpg (1920x1081, 1.13M)

> the art and game play look pretty good
You must not have eyes if that's what you think.

That would be it except Lisa's gameplay isn't through Brad's perception, hell I wouldn't know what it would be. It's gameplay, and graphics for that matter, serve to aliviate how dark and ruthless the world is.

My point is that you cannot make a game that is ENTIRELY bad ( Gameplay, music, dialog, story, etc ) and sell it on the premise that it's bad on purpose because the game is being seem through the main character's perception. I understand that's what the creator intended to do, but no one wants to go through a shitty game for a taste of being a shitty person, understandably so.

>Finally, for the thirst character, we wanted to show there are multiple ways to play GTA. This game shows very particulars behaviors when it is about criminal environement. So you've got players who don't give a damn about the main story and the missions, who walk for hours in the city and do anything without wanting to finish the game. So here comes Trevor. A maniac with a crazy behavior, who live in the worst part of his town.
gtaforums.com/topic/533133-dan-houser-interview-about-gta-v/

>that rape ear music tone at the beginning

jesus

Attached: 1556356249183.jpg (525x478, 72K)

I have eyes, how dare you

You know what, you are fucking right. Have two games, one is through Alex's eyes, a bad, shitty game all around, and the other is through some other character eye, a completly, possible good, game. You are right, you solved the reason this game didn't work.

YIIK is The Room for indie games, minus all the charm. It's a total and absolute disaster and really makes you question what makes a good game.

>the charm
the room doesn't have any charm and is only enjoyable in the company of good friends.

>Makes a whole tedious sword mini game
>Long as fuck
>Only 18 Damage
What the fuck is this game?
At least the black girl is QT

Attached: 1557846836118.png (497x459, 331K)

>Camera dude main focus is his camera
>Pose is for some reason some karate stance, instead of holding his camera
>Nigger girl spazzing out with her hoola hoop
>Nigger swordsman has a 20 second long attack
God damn.

Attached: 130716837545.jpg (200x182, 10K)

>The Room for indie games, minus all the charm

So Birdemic: Shock and Terror? People love the bird gifs but forget that literally half the film is utterly charmless, not even on a "so bad it's good" level.

Yes, that is why we must make 3000 threads about it and discuss it to death, not because the artstyle grows on the Yea Forums tranny brigade every time they see it

Alex is special, just not LIKABLE. Which is the whole point the dude is making. If you believe a MC has to be likable for a piece of media to be good then you're a philistine that's beyond help.

>17 second long mini game for one attack

Attached: 1400445487487.jpg (480x230, 88K)

Did you misquote me or something? I wasn't talking about Alex at all, I was arguing the validity (or lack thereof) of calling Neku a badass.

Nah, there's actual production value in YIIK.
Its probably closer to Battlefield Earth.

youtu.be/D5Z4wNdqu_4?t=106

You can make an attack that literally lasts twice as long as that Bushido attack that feels like a quarter of the length. Christ did YIIKES fuck up.

Is that fucker in the second video youriofwind?

Attached: 1523046644255.jpg (854x1200, 91K)

Some Anons told me that it was, but I couldn't find a solid confirmation. It really does sound like him though. If it is him then it's interesting that he didn't promote the game at all.

Yeah, a couple of the VAs are e-celebs

WOAH THIS IS KINO AS FUCK

It is.

well firstly it actually kills the enemy instead of taking 5 more turns
thats a good start

There's no way this isn't the original uploader shilling his videos. It's always the same set of videos being posted every goddamn YIIK thread.
Please learn to properly record your footage next time. That notification in the upper right corner that pops-up every few seconds is annoying as fuck.

It's because those videos are being prioritized by the youtube algorithm
They're being recommended to people constantly

It's some guy from resetera not even being ironic.

Go away anthony

TTGL is the purest anime ever made

I dunno. When I look at it sarcastically it's a lot more enjoyable. Am I an asshole?