Now Insomniac is a capeshit factory, is Ratchet and Clank dead?

Attached: 1537571555072.png (604x496, 124K)

poor man's ape escape

Repeat with me, Gaype Escape 4 NEVER

what?

RnC had like 20 games, move on

user, it died after a good, long life with great game titles for the most part, some great writing and gameplay and that sense of pure fun I never got much elsewhere.

If its real dead, then it went down with a slightly embarassing but still good burial. Now sly cooper, on the other hand, cant say the same.

Damn I miss R&C. The weapons were so fun and the jokes were all horrible.

Probably

Sly 4 was good tho

I will love the original PS2 titles forever, let the series rest now.
Give it N-sane trilogy style remake in the late 2020s

Attached: 1456296102243.png (596x658, 45K)

Im legitimately too tired to tell you exactly why it was wrong, so ill just say this.

They had the heart in the right place, but the brush in the wrong hand. They had a plan but it failed. A story that was angering at its worse and barely passable at its best. Gameplay that tried to be like 2 but became nothing but 3s and filled with gimmicks. 2 good bosses amongst entire levels that just felt boring.

I wanted to love it user. I ended up hating it. Every single year I play it again and I just finish it, put it down, and every single thing bad about it comes up. Down to the last level. Down to every shame filled shake of the controler, for the coded, planned and executed motion control based ass shaking sequence of Carmelita. It hurts.

Attached: 1556373064432.jpg (490x696, 83K)

They made 1 cape game. I dont know if they're now a "capeshit factory". R&C has a ton of games and they're almost all good. Even the weaker entries are still fun games. Let it go.

One more Ratchet game in the OG canon, and the franchise can rest.

Based, that's exactly what I want. One last game where they go crazy with the stages, weapons and bosses and Ratchet finally finds his family.
Then let the franchise rest forever.

the jak & daxter series had it the worst

Some Insomniac guy literally fucking said "you haven't seen the last of Ratchet and clank on PS4" on a podcast and later they posted Protopet shit on twitter.
100% guaranteed there's going to be a game late 2019/early 2020

Attached: 1367049391057.png (856x460, 450K)

Fuck off with this meme, already.

Attached: 1551127599464.jpg (500x352, 40K)

It wasn't an Insomniac employee who said that so I don't believe it.

Sly 4 ruined a perfect ending for a depressing cliffhanger that will never be solved

No? If anything Insomniac has been heavily hinting at a new R&C recently. Just look at all the job listing they put up. Sony is hiring people for Insomniac projects right now.

>gadgetron... now THOSE were some weapons!

Attached: going boomer.jpg (786x767, 52K)

>Insomniac guy
Not an employee
>Protopet shit on twitter
shilling their new artbook
Sunset was an attempt to keep the gameplay formula but move away from the "kiddie" franchise. They failed. Capeshit succeeded and doomed the studio to a decade+ of it. R&C is done.

The key here is projectS -- plural. Even at GDC they confirmed they're working on numerous games.

>Ratchet is the most long running Sony franchise alongside Gran Turismo
>The 2016 remake was the best selling Insomniac game before Spider-Man be released
>They already said the series wasn't done on the PS4 yet
Calm down user, i'm sure they will release at least on more ratchet game on this gen. Remember that Into the Nexus was one of the last PS3 exclusives before the PS4 arrived.

Well..... yes.

>will there be another R&C?
Probably
>will it be good?
No

>Modern SNOY
>Ratchet and Clank not dead
Gee, you tell me.

It's very impressive how Ratchet & Clank managed to survive three Playstaion consoles with so many games (mainline titles and spin offs), i don't know how modern Sony still let Insomniac develop this series while the other "mascot" franchises they have are still dead.

>Fanfiction tier story that Character Assassinated Penelope and Bently's Relationship.
>Ruined Sly's happy ending of retiring with an assumed Identity that was picked by Carmelita Which meant he was off the hook as long as he played it cool with her.
>Tease Dmitri only to not have him talk or appear in the actual fucking game dispite having a 3D model prepared for the first teaser.
>Writing is garbage, Sly's monologues sound NOTHING like his monologs from the Trilogy.
>Just like Sly 3 the Villians are not connected in any sense and the characters just kind of bump into them as they help the ancestors.
>Animation is soulless and lacks the charm of the Graphic Novel style cutscenes, again, coupled with Sly's Shittier Narration.
>Got greedy and made a Cliffhanger ending instead of closing the story on a positive note while hinting a possible return.

It's a shame R&C Future was the most genuine successor of the Big Three, Jak didn't get any love and if ND did what they were going to do with it I'd probably be bringing it up with Sly 4.

Attached: 1517271679948.png (1366x768, 920K)

There's a new one coming out, isn't there?

>get Gadgetron weapons in Going Commando if you had an R&C1 save

Attached: 1527759125093.jpg (623x289, 163K)

It at least had a fairly conclusive narrative ending. Sly is stuck in fucking ancient Egypt lmao

It's a shame they were all nerfed to shit. Only one with any use was visitors which while doing crap damage, could be used to cheese enemies in open maps. Walloper felt so gimmwe and sad.